What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (3 Viewers)

Traded Gordon for Allen and Vereen in a Keeper. I was regretting it at first especially with Gordon going off, but I think I am going to be OK.
I love owning Josh Gordon in multiple leagues, but I think I'd be more than ok with flipping him for Allen and a healthy Vereen (assuming it's a ppr).

I still can't believe Allen's skill set is that of a rookie's. Just. Wow.

U guys complaining about someone who got 2 tds? Sheesh
16 points in most of my leagues, it's solid but he didn't cover another starter or anything, with the 2 TDs in the 1st half it looked like it was gonna be a huge week again, much like last week.

Some used to complain Allen got his points late in the game, now he's a ghost in the 2nd half. He was mostly shut down tonight. Owners are very lucky.

16 points in most of my leagues, it's solid but he didn't cover another starter or anything, with the 2 TDs in the 1st half it looked like it was gonna be a huge week again, much like last week.

Some used to complain Allen got his points late in the game, now he's a ghost in the 2nd half. He was mostly shut down tonight. Owners are very lucky.
He wasn't shut down... they didn't pass the ball in the 2nd half!

you mean he didn't cover D.thoams or decker?

wtf

It's the same keep away game plan they tried to implement the previous game. this time it worked. Had the Broncos possessed the ball more and scored more, Allen would have been more involved. Worst thing to happen for Allen owners was Manning's INT.

Not disappointed, but what a tease to start off like that only to end up with such little attention. Still happy to start him, and love watching the kid play. I think they need to throw to him more, because I think he's the kind of guy who can find ways to make plays with opportunity. They seemed to be more focused in exploiting matchups rather than scheme for a particular receiver, which obviously was a smart gameplan - very impressed with this team and find myself watching them whenever I get the chance (or flipping between Bengal games) Definitely annoying to see so many targets going to Royal, ha , but Great win Bolts!

Last edited by a moderator:
The broncos seem to be the only team the chargers can play defense against. Hopefully the get back to giving up a few more points and throwing 35 times.

Yep. Looks like I screwed you all over by playing him. Sorry. Running the wrong route, not turning his head around. :X
Actually on that play I think Rivers was wrong. It's an option route that's designed to be a post if the safety sets up outside, and a corner if the safety sets up inside. The safety set up outside and Allen ran a great route, coming totally open on the post, and Rivers threw it to the wrong place.

I guess I'm relieved as a J Thomas and Moreno owner, but man, it would have been really good if he'd pushed on a little 2nd half.

25 pts from Allen, J Thomas and Moreno :-(

I'll take what I got from Allen, but a few more catches wouldn't have hurt as my QB situation is a mess with McCown not starting anymore. Need the rest of my roster to step up.

He wasn't shut down... they didn't pass the ball in the 2nd half!
This. He wasn't shut down at all. Please watch the game. The bolts ran the ball a ton in the 2nd half due to having the lead and not wanting Maning back on the filed.

Let's be honest fellas.....who is disappointed?
17.45pts (includes 11 return yards) is perfectly acceptable, he was projected 16.65pts in my league. I started him over Fitz and White so I can't imagine I'll regret it too much.

Low targets/receptions will give me selection headaches next week, but getting to the championship game is the focus at the moment and he's certainly contributed to that.

Sure after his 1st half, I was hoping he would get more points. But I can't complain about getting 16 from him last night. If I told you all that Allen would double Demayius Thomas' points, you would be happy, right?

Talk about a gamble that could have easily ended up with a 2.7 type of night. This game definitely didn't go the way anyone would have thought but it paid off for those who had Allen in their lineups. Congrats. THat might be a game-winning move. Can't ask for much more if someone tells you your guy is only going to catch 2 passes.

I started him over Fitz, Marlon, Riley, Nicks, and Hunter. Comfortable with that choice right now. Just glad he didn't lay an egg.

Speaking for myself here, but I think the tinge of disappointment expressed in this thread is probably more to do with Denver starters people might have had in their teams alongside Allen.

It looked like Allen may have dug us out of hole with a massive game, but circumstances made him fall short of that.

Certainly, I am grateful for Allen's game and points haul, taken as an individual roster spot.

Color me happy!

Great game in general too.

It wasn't just last night's game, nearly every game I feel like the Bolts should get the ball to him more. Royal's just been a presence all year long.

Talk about a gamble that could have easily ended up with a 2.7 type of night. This game definitely didn't go the way anyone would have thought but it paid off for those who had Allen in their lineups. Congrats. THat might be a game-winning move. Can't ask for much more if someone tells you your guy is only going to catch 2 passes.
Gamble?

Gamble?
Agree. Allen has been a huge redzone target lately. I had expected at least one touch down. I think I even said such before kickoff in this thread. I honestly didn't expect more than 5-50-1. I was hoping for 8-125-2 but I'll take what I got.A gamble is something like going with Crabtree this week. I am pretty sure 90% of Allen owners started him without question

Last edited by a moderator:
how on earth is Allen a gamble play? He basically been a top 10 WR in FF since he took over the starting job in the Oakland game
Exactly. He's a must start every week. He had a pretty favorable matchup going into the game. Most people thought this would be a shoot out. If that's a gamble, I want to know what Shutout considered a lock play.

Allen was targeted on 25% of the passes SD threw last night. He only got 1 target in the 2nd half, when they were largely trying to run the ball & milk the clock. In the 1st half, when they were throwing (a little) more, he got 4 targets, out of 12 passes (33%).

Those percentages are slightly ahead of his target ratio since he's been a starter (22%).

His lack of catches/yards last night was more due to the game situation than anything else.

Speaking for myself here, but I think the tinge of disappointment expressed in this thread is probably more to do with Denver starters people might have had in their teams alongside Allen.

It looked like Allen may have dug us out of hole with a massive game, but circumstances made him fall short of that.

Certainly, I am grateful for Allen's game and points haul, taken as an individual roster spot.
Agreed. I have some sour grapes over Knowshon's night but all in all thanks to Allen I am off to decent start in my playoff.

Users who are viewing this thread