What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (1 Viewer)

Still think Keenan Allen is very talented but it looks like he's only running 3-5 yard crossing routes. Unless something happens to Floyd or there's a drastic change in how SD is using him, looks to be a disappointing return on investment.

Next week... against the high scoring broncos and their pass rush... keenan allen finally puts up a great game... as rivers looks to slice and dice with short routes rather than lobs. 9-135-2...

Next week... against the high scoring broncos and their pass rush... keenan allen finally puts up a great game... as rivers looks to slice and dice with short routes rather than lobs. 9-135-2...
I can buy 9/135 with one possible score, but two is hard to see. He's yet to score a TD

Should be a high scoring game vs denver...rivers didnt really throw for many yards yesterday. Allen seemed more involved than previous games. I think his arrow is pointing up.

Look for more of the same. He has become Reggie Wayne about 10 years too early.

Great hands and great route running ability so naturally the team uses him as a security blanket (which makes perfect sense in the real world but upsets us fantasy folks).

Rotoworld:

The Chargers say defenses are using more press-coverage against Keenan Allen in 2014, leading to his disappointing start to the season.

"People, they aren't stupid," WRs coach Fred Graves said. "They're not just going to let him run free. They're going to take some things away." Allen has a team-high 34 catches, but has turned them into just 354 scoreless yards. His YAC per reception is down from 6.0 to 2.9 this season. Defenses are slapping a cornerback on Allen and rolling safeties to his side, leaving Philip Rivers to spread the ball around. Allen is a WR3/4 for Thursday night in Denver.

Source: Union-Tribune San Diego
Oct 22 - 1:39 PM

I'm not sure why anyone is expecting him to do anything in a shootout. When San Diego fell behind Oakland and were forced to throw he only got 3 catches for 27 yards.

He sucks this year. He was lucky last year because in his bad weeks he got bailed out by an abnormal amount of TD's that could never be realistically expected on a week to week basis. I cut him weeks ago and could not be happier.

I'm not sure why anyone is expecting him to do anything in a shootout. When San Diego fell behind Oakland and were forced to throw he only got 3 catches for 27 yards.

He sucks this year. He was lucky last year because in his bad weeks he got bailed out by an abnormal amount of TD's that could never be realistically expected on a week to week basis. I cut him weeks ago and could not be happier.
In his first 17 games as a pro he put up 79/1209/10. That includes the playoffs, and his first two games as a pro when he put up 3/30/0. He was fantastic last year. Let's not pretend he wasn't.

Something is entirely different this year. I don't watch enough Charger games to know, but its just not happening.

Something is entirely different this year. I don't watch enough Charger games to know, but its just not happening.
It's been discussed in several articles. Sounds like defenses have rolled a lot more coverage to him, and Rivers is savvy enough not to force the ball to him. That has opened up targets for Floyd, Gates, Royal, etc.

If Allen is truly going to take the next step, he's going to have to learn to beat the coverage sent his way.

I still don't buy the "too many lucky TDs" argument, because I watched the games last year and he looked good while doing it. He didn't look like a JAG merely getting opportunities. I will buy the argument that defenses are focusing more on him and he hasn't handled it well. Anyway, there's no way I'm dropping this guy to the wire like others have. Still a lot of football left to play this season.

He had 4 tds against the broncos last year. If denver puts up pts like they usually do, allen should have a good game. If sd is successful in their keep away scheme it will be more of the same

Benching him this week. With demarcus Ware and Von Miller, there won't be time for longer patterns and they'll keep running him on those little 3 yard crosses.

Until I see him put together two strong weeks with double digit targets (or at least high single digits), I am also benching him.

Can't stand sitting on those Thursday night clunker scores waiting until Sunday.

Until I see him put together two strong weeks with double digit targets (or at least high single digits), I am also benching him.

Can't stand sitting on those Thursday night clunker scores waiting until Sunday.
Didnt he have 10 targets last game? He led the team in rec and was 4 yards away from leading in yardage last week. Sd prob won't be able to run as much as they would like tonight

Allen has a chance for a good game, but I expect SD to run the ball a lot and try and keep Manning off the field. Worked great for SD last time they were in Denver.

Didnt he have 10 targets last game? He led the team in rec and was 4 yards away from leading in yardage last week. Sd prob won't be able to run as much as they would like tonight
He did have 10 last game - that was my point. His targets have not been there this year for all sorts of reasons discussed above: 9, 6, 2, 12, 7, 6, 10.

Maybe Rivers will indeed air it out a lot tonight, so hopefully he gets to that number again. I'm a bit skeptical though with Floyd and Royal healthy. They may finally get Green more involved, too.

This is really dumb but I would rather play him and get another 5 for 50 peformance than sit him and watch him go off tonight since I know I will be watching the game.

He is overdue for a td

This is really dumb but I would rather play him and get another 5 for 50 peformance than sit him and watch him go off tonight since I know I will be watching the game.

He is overdue for a td
What is your other 2 WR were A Brown and TY Hilton?

That is my conundrum

Rivers has 17 TD and 0 to Allen :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't decide between him or Tre Mason at flex. Fisher has me scared with the "Stacy may get 25 carries this week" talk.

Regardless if he does not score a TD or surpass 100 yards receiving, I am CUTTING him in redraft.

Mr. Allen, you are playing for your roster spot this week. No more excuses Captain-underneath-route.
With me too. I have some byes coming up and he'll make it very easy for me on whom to drop if he puts up another dud.
he got cut last week in mine, no one picked him up this week. I was considering it anyways
That is just silly.

8 team league with 12 roster spots?
His production has not matched his name recognition/potential. Someone (in my 10 team, 16 roster spot)league with injury/bye issue/losing record is desperate. :shrug:

Mr. Allen, you are playing for your roster spot this week. No more excuses Captain-underneath-route.
With me too. I have some byes coming up and he'll make it very easy for me on whom to drop if he puts up another dud.
he got cut last week in mine, no one picked him up this week. I was considering it anyways
That is just silly.

His production has not matched his name recognition/potential. Someone (in my 10 team, 16 roster spot)league with injury/bye issue/losing record is desperate. :shrug:
The biggest Charger fan in the world cut him in my 10 team 15 roster league. I'm not cutting a guy who I know is good for a flavor of the week, not worth it.

Trying to decide whether to start him over Maclin or Tate at wr...or over bradshaw or forsett at flex....or not at all and cry in my pillow tonight after he has a monster night. Thoughts?

Trying to decide whether to start him over Maclin or Tate at wr...or over bradshaw or forsett at flex....or not at all and cry in my pillow tonight after he has a monster night. Thoughts?
I wouldn't start him over those guys. I am only starting him over allen robinson/ harvin and it is close.

That is just silly.

10 teamer - start two wr

Have Allen is several redrafts but got an offer of Tre Mason/Justin Hunter in one of them and took it. It's worth it solely to not have to consider starting Allen any more.

So odd that he has 0 TDs and the third most yards despite having 9 more targets than anyone else on the team.
The targets are there... 10 targets last week, which is 51 on the season while being a bit banged up. He could have a good game here. Decent but not great match-up, and they'll need to throw. He's due for a fudgin' touchdown, at the least.

Users who are viewing this thread