What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (2 Viewers)

benched him again this week ,lol. But started B Cooks for him... we'll see. Every ranking had Cooks ahead of Keenan but that should end next week, he looks great.

Keenan was a classic buy low coming out of the buy.......an obvious target due to volume and opportunity, not to mention a QB that loves him and loves to sling it. In my lifetime I don't think i enjoyed watching someone play QB as much as i do Rivers- guys got passion and heart.

In my lifetime I don't think i enjoyed watching someone play QB as much as i do Rivers- guys got passion and heart.
Totally agree! I'm a guy that tends to have at least one or more teams I dislike in each division and one I like. For the Chargers are that team. Hoping they make a nice run and having rivers and Allen on my FF doesn't hurt LOL!

I’ve never sat him in my PPR league and definitely reaping the rewards right now!
Never sat him in my standard, but, more because of a lack of better options in a 3WR  (sometimes it's good to be bad).   I had not been happy with his season at all.   But if he stays this hot for the remainder of the season, all is forgiven!

need2know said:
Not to poke, but why can't you start cooks and Allen?
We only start 2 so A Green is locked in a spot... B Cooks was good last week and hopefully again this week. I blew it not starting him this week but I still fear the Thursday night football dud factor....

We only start 2 so A Green is locked in a spot... B Cooks was good last week and hopefully again this week. I blew it not starting him this week but I still fear the Thursday night football dud factor....
Cooks is matched up against 4.6 forty yard dash X Howard he eats these guys for breakfast!

Tex

Keenan was a classic buy low coming out of the buy.......an obvious target due to volume and opportunity, not to mention a QB that loves him and loves to sling it. In my lifetime I don't think i enjoyed watching someone play QB as much as i do Rivers- guys got passion and heart.
sort of like farve, no?

Cooks is matched up against 4.6 forty yard dash X Howard he eats these guys for breakfast!

Tex
I'm still not buying this reasoning at all.

The premise is based on Cooks not being a good route runner, thus only doing well against slower cornerbacks. Has this premise actually held up over the course of the season?

Bad games for Cooks against the Panthers where he should have matched up against Daryl Worley RCB 4.64 forty time seems to show that the 40 time does not matter as far as Cooks production.

Cooks inst a bad route runner. I don't care what anyone says about that, its not true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still not buying this reasoning at all.

The premise is based on Cooks not being a good route runner, thus only doing well against slower cornerbacks. Has this premise actually held up over the course of the season?

Bad games for Cooks against the Panthers where he should have matched up against Daryl Worley RCB 4.64 forty time seems to show that the 40 time does not matter as far as Cooks production.

Cooks inst a bad route runner. I don't care what anyone says about that, its not true.
I never said he was a bad route runner. In that particular game Worley had help over the top in this week’s game indicators from previous games suggest one-on-one match. I’ll take Cooks in that matchup. My premise is that he can’t keep up with Cooks if he doesn’t have help nothing more than that.

Tex

I never said he was a bad route runner. In that particular game Worley had help over the top in this week’s game indicators from previous games suggest one-on-one match. I’ll take Cooks in that matchup. My premise is that he can’t keep up with Cooks if he doesn’t have help nothing more than that.

Tex
I was talking about the article earlier on in the season that was based on the premise from Matt Harmon that Cooks is not a good route runner. Then over simplification of looking at Cooks performance with the Saints against corners with slower 40 times compared to corners with faster 40 times being validation of Harmons opinion.

Of course the sample size used for that analysis was missing something like 40% of the targets (i forget exactly how many, a big chunk of Cooks targets anyways).

Never said it was your opinion, but your statement seemed to be following it.

My point is that this opinion that Cooks does not run good routes is wrong, and the research that was done to support this view was also not done correctly, which in my opinion invalidates both ideas.

I remember being called a flat earther denying science because the analysis did not meet my standard of employing the scientific method. Quite comical to me considering my background geospatial information systems. Never been called a science denier before or since.

Saw something that he was the first player (or first one in a really long time) to record 10 receptions 100+ yards and a TD in 3 straight weeks...hoping for the fourth next week

Chargers-Browns was the late game here in Miami because the Dolphins were on Fox early and it was the only late game on CBS CBS hates South Florida. It's such an amazing feeling to watch Allen and know a) if it's a key third down, they're probably throwing it to him, and b) if the ball is anywhere near him, he's going to catch it. It's not quite as good a feeling as owning Antonio Brown, since AB catches so many long TDs, but it's close. Also reminds me of when you have a bellcow RB, and you know when they have first and goal at the 1 he's getting the ball.

Also should mention he almost had another TD earlier in the game. Had a nice fade route and was a good throw but the defender timed his punch perfectly and hit the ball/allens hands as the ball got there and he couldn't quite hold on

I hope the back injury is not too serious. I have had Allen on all my fantasy teams since his rookie year.  I will need K. Allen next week provided I advance. I do have R. Woods and Sanu on the bench but I would much rather play my favorite WR, of course. 

Imagine starting him in a semifinal playoff game only to watch Phillip rivers play one of the worst games of his career
Imagine starting both Rivers and Allen :yucky:

Could tell it was going to be a different game on the first drive.  When the Charges keep Rivers clean he can work the field.  He was getting pressured from the offset last night.

Could tell it was going to be a different game on the first drive.  When the Charges keep Rivers clean he can work the field.  He was getting pressured from the offset last night.
Him just chucking it deep into triple coverage over and over again is on him though.  He looked like a rookie out there.  Then he's screaming at the wrs.  What an ###

Him just chucking it deep into triple coverage over and over again is on him though.  He looked like a rookie out there.  Then he's screaming at the wrs.  What an ###
Agree, always disliked his attitude.  But this is who he is. He's a "gunslinger" type who can get hot and win your week but can also be a giant baby.

Imagine starting Allen against Smith and Hunt  :X

Agree, always disliked his attitude.  But this is who he is. He's a "gunslinger" type who can get hot and win your week but can also be a giant baby.
 I didn't pay attention to who was working with Tirico last night but he made some remark early about "does anybody smile more than Phillip Rivers?"

I was like....errr...have you ever watched the Chargers?

Keenan Allen - WR - Chargers

Keenan Allen (back) is expected to be "fine" for Week 16 at the Jets.

Allen was carted off in Saturday night's loss to Kansas City, missing the Chargers' final drive. With Hunter Henry's (kidney) status in question for Weeks 16-17, Allen will have to handle a particularly heavy passing-game load in two must-win games. The Chargers have fallen to 7-7, but they are still in the playoff hunt.

Dec 18 - 4:40 PM

Somewhat ironic that if Keenan plays, his owners may benefit from a lacerated kidney of his teammate. That injury was what torpedoed Keenan’s season two years ago.

Keenan Allen (back) is practicing in full for Week 16 against the Jets.

He tweaked his back late in Saturday's loss to Kansas City but wasn't even listed on the Chargers' injury report. Allen has averaged 120.2 yards over his last five games and should be a locked-in WR1 for championship week.

Is anyone trusting that his back is 100%? I have no choice but to take a chance on him in my redraft league but in my Dynasty with Julio, Hopkins and JuJu (I know I shouldn’t be crying about this) I need to make the right call.

Tex

Is anyone trusting that his back is 100%? I have no choice but to take a chance on him in my redraft league but in my Dynasty with Julio, Hopkins and JuJu (I know I shouldn’t be crying about this) I need to make the right call.

Tex
If he's not on the injury report I don't know why you would be worried about it.

If he's not on the injury report I don't know why you would be worried about it.
He could tweak it and be carted off the field like he was last week. I could be paranoid about it but I probably should be. 

Tex

He could tweak it and be carted off the field like he was last week. I could be paranoid about it but I probably should be. 

Tex
If I were being overly paranoid about a guy getting pulled mid-game because of injury, I sure as hell wouldn't put all my chips on Julio and JuJu.

Users who are viewing this thread