What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (3 Viewers)

As someone who is probably starting Rivers in the ‘ship, this news pleases me  :)
As an Allen owner who went head -to-head against M. Williams owner last week in playoffs - I'm not sure it matters if Allen is playing or not.

Sorry just a tiny bit bitter..........good luck

I somehow survived in a eight-person lineup league with a 0 from Allen last week. I'm thinking that I'm going to play Robert Woods instead this weekend. It's just too important in the finals to not have a 0. But I'm still hesitating a bit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow survived in a eight-person lineup league with a 0 from Allen last week. I'm thinking that I'm going to play Robert Woods instead this weekend. It's just too important in the finals to not have a 0. But I'm still hesitating a bit. 
Same and 3 of those 8 are TE,K,DST.

i'll likely be sitting Rivers/Allen for Rodgers and OBJ/Damien Williams one of those two.

your right to do so, i have allen, evans, cooper and edelman. he has been locked in all season, but with a ring in the line, you have to take sure points from anyone else

Not to downplay the injury, but a hip pointer comes down to pain management, right? In other words, if he can deal with the pain, he should not be limited as to what he can do on the field. Is that fair to say or am I off? :unsure:

Same and 3 of those 8 are TE,K,DST.

i'll likely be sitting Rivers/Allen for Rodgers and OBJ/Damien Williams one of those two.
Mine too, and I have a weak TE (for a 10-team league) with Engram. My other WR is Tyreek Hill, so that's already volatile. Woods at least should get a steady 10-12 pts. 

yeah my thoughts ... decoy in a tough matchup...   I'm running out Anderson.  
So you plan on playing Robbie Anderson over Allen if Allen is playing Saturday? I  have Evans/Allen choice but Anderson is staring at me on the WW 😊 and Evans m/u isn't a cakewalk

Speaking Thursday, Chargers coach Anthony Lynn once again labeled Keenan Allen (hip) a game-time decision for Saturday night's game against the Ravens.

"He did some things limited in practice this week," Lynn said. "But before I put a player in the game, I like to see them run full speed, that’s all." That test will come in pre-game warmups on Saturday. Thankfully for fantasy players, the Bolts are playing in one of the week's earliest games. Even if Allen does play, it is quite possible he is on a snap count/more of a decoy than true weapon.

Source: Eric Williams on Twitter 

Dec 20 - 8:28 PM

Epic said:
So you plan on playing Robbie Anderson over Allen if Allen is playing Saturday? I  have Evans/Allen choice but Anderson is staring at me on the WW 😊 and Evans m/u isn't a cakewalk
Evans>Anderson>Allen in my opinion.

Epic said:
Julio’s game time decision forces me to play Allen if he’s active... leaving Anderson to slide in if Julio is out.  

Additionally Allen runs a shade more than half his routes from the slot avoiding Jimmy Smith on the boundary which makes me feel better about his chances. 

FWIW, I'm playing Allen over ARob and Corey Davis.  They are both so inconsistent, I'll go with Allen and his upside even in a minus matchup.

FWIW, I'm playing Allen over ARob and Corey Davis.  They are both so inconsistent, I'll go with Allen and his upside even in a minus matchup.
I have Allen or Evans choice, Evans healthy but Dallas is tough on WR, but a gimpy Allen??....man didn't think I would have such a hard choice been riding Allen until the Zero last week almost cost me the game. Over ARob and Davis I would probably roll Allen, but if you had Evans would you still roll Allen?

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s starting so I’m (gulp) starting him over Fitzgerald, Foster, and Baldwin in 1/2ppr. 

Fingers crossed, fellas. 

Keenan Allen (hip) is active for Week 16 against the Ravens.

Allen notably went through his pre-game warmup with his game pants on, indicating he would play well before the team's inactives were released. Although his floor remains reasonably high in this matchup against the Ravens, his elite ceiling shown in the past month is questionable given Baltimore's new devotion to run the ball and suck plays away from opposing offenses. Since healthy, though, he need be started as a confident WR2 in fantasy championship games.

Dec 22 - 6:55 PM

Keenan Allen hauled in 5-of-8 targets for 58 yards in the Chargers' Week 16 loss to the Ravens.

Allen's ceiling was always questionable in this matchup (especially coming off injury), but he still reached his typical floor of 10 PPR points on eight targets. It was rookie Justin Jackson who actually led the team with 10 targets in Austin Ekeler's (neck, out) usual third-down/two-minute role out of the backfield. His hip injury now a thing of the past, Allen is in an elite WR1-spot against the Broncos' ailing secondary in Week 17.

Dec 23 - 12:06 AM

I’m just happy he didn’t put up a goose egg. Same in the 2 leagues where I started M Gordon. Just hoping I didn’t get a zero. 

Mission accomplished?
same here.  I got Keenan in 2 playoff spots and thankfully one of them was full PPR so it wasn't a complete dud.  I'm not happy with it, but I'm content knowing he didn't go 0

What's his PPR dynasty value as of now?
It seems very low. I have offered him up in many offers and only had one go. I don’t think you could a top 6 first for 2020 for him. I think he is viewed as a wr2 but owners want to trade him like he is a top 10 wr. If I was contending he would be a great add 

It seems very low. I have offered him up in many offers and only had one go. I don’t think you could a top 6 first for 2020 for him. I think he is viewed as a wr2 but owners want to trade him like he is a top 10 wr. If I was contending he would be a great add 
His ADP is WR10 and 23 overall, but his trade value is far lower.  He's pretty much considered to be damaged goods or an afterthought.

tangfoot said:
His ADP is WR10 and 23 overall, but his trade value is far lower.  He's pretty much considered to be damaged goods or an afterthought.
Allen has always been undervalued, whether its because people didn't see him coming his rookie year, and still don't want to accept that, or because he 1.5 years, with 2 fluke injuries, is unknown.

23 overall actually seems slightly low to me. I can't see 20 guys I'd rather have. I'd happily trade the 1.1 for Allen, no question.

I think Mike Williams is emerging.  Which isnt all bad for Kennan, but i feel that it is inside the RZ.  But Keenan has never really excelled in that area anyways.  

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Keenan Allen is dealing with an ankle injury that is expected to hold him out for the rest of the preseason but not Week 1.

Allen suffered the injury in practice this week. In accordance with that timeline, Schefter adds the issue is "not considered serious." Perhaps, but any time an ankle ailment comes with a multi-week timeline, there is a possibility that it is a high-ankle sprain. Those frequently feature setbacks. The Chargers have 24 days to go until their opener. Allen might be in a race to get cleared.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Aug 15, 2019, 7:38 PM ET

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Anthony Lynn confirms Keenan Allen is dealing with an ankle injury on top of the sore knee. Says he thinks the ankle injury happened Wednesday.

This could be bad. The other leg  becomes more vulnerable when he comes back if he's compensating for the knee and ankle, right? Not a great start for a guy with a history of being banged up (even if many of the things he missed time for were discrete freak injuries) 

Users who are viewing this thread