What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (3 Viewers)

Keenan Allen caught 6-of-6 targets for 68 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 13 loss to the Broncos.

Allen’s touchdown came from 36 yards out and was largely the result of blown coverage. The Broncos again declined to shadow Allen with Chris Harris, but the Chargers weren’t able to consistently take advantage of that decision. Still, Allen hasn’t demonstrated much of a ceiling since September. Fire him up as a low-end WR2 for the Chargers’ Week 14 matchup against the Jaguars.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:48 PM ET

Quit while you're behind. Its okay to say you wre wrong. Or just ghost the thread like most people do until he has a bad game and then start again.
He still only has 3 games over 20 points and had 7 straight weeks of bad games. You knows whats funny, you say wait until he has a bad game, you waited until he had a meh game and started celebrate. So, this is what I am learning is typical, people celebrate names after they have one good game even though they had a bunch of bad games. Like hyping Baker Mayfield cuz he had a good game last week, then reality hits. 

How about you ghost this thread until he gets over 20 points...

Its baffling, guy gets a TD and still gets less than 20. Hasnt had a 100 yard game since week 3, but here people are dancing. lol

He is still drop-able, expecially if you need the spot. Allen is just a guy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, Allen is not droppable.  He was certainly disappointing for a month but FF is unpredictable for most players.   Denver is a tough match up but he should get enough targets to put up some numbers.   The difference between Allen and some guy off the wire that had one big week, is that Allen will get targets most games while the guy from the wire goes back to nothing.   
But if I need 20 points, history shows thats an outlier. Washington, Beasley, Lazard, Pascal, Anthony Miller. All got 20+ this week.

Mike Williams even had mroe points and he didnt have a TD. 100 point games get rewarded in my TD league. Basically if you aint scoring or getting 100 yards, ur worthless.

All those free agents getting 20+. Yet somehow, Keenan can only get 20+, 3 times. Pascal has two 20 points games this year. Sometimes its better to play the wire then hang onto a guy not getting u enough. 

In standard PPR leagues, here's how the guys you listed scored:

Allen - 18.8

Washington - 21.1

Beasley - 23

Lazard - 19.3

Pascal - 17.9

Miller - 23

Williams 16.7

In leagues that get the bonus for 100 yards, sure they had more points as the ones you picked all had 100 yards.  None of these guys were on the WW in my leagues.

No single WR on the WW in all 3 of my leagues had 100 yards, nor did any of them outscore Allen this week.

I wish he was dropped in some of my leagues, but I doubt I would get him.

But if I need 20 points, history shows thats an outlier. Washington, Beasley, Lazard, Pascal, Anthony Miller. All got 20+ this week.

Mike Williams even had mroe points and he didnt have a TD. 100 point games get rewarded in my TD league. Basically if you aint scoring or getting 100 yards, ur worthless.

All those free agents getting 20+. Yet somehow, Keenan can only get 20+, 3 times. Pascal has two 20 points games this year. Sometimes its better to play the wire then hang onto a guy not getting u enough. 
Which one did you call and then start this week over Allen?  I must have missed it. 

Which one did you call and then start this week over Allen?  I must have missed it. 
It's easy to find guys that outperformed Allen after the games are played.  I can't imagine anyone started any of those guys listed above over Allen.   I'm certainly not starting any of them over Allen this week either.   You play the odds in FF and nobody gets them right all of the time.   

I dare you to play Pascal over Allen.

The last time there was faith in Pascal he proceeded to score exactly 0 points in PPR with Hilton out of the lineup. Then of course this past week, on everyone's bench, Pascal got targeted a ton.

Good luck playing the waiver wire guessing game instead of starting Allen.

The last time there was faith in Pascal he proceeded to score exactly 0 points in PPR with Hilton out of the lineup. Then of course this past week, on everyone's bench, Pascal got targeted a ton.

Tackle for a Loss isn’t worth wasting your time on. He injects himself into nearly every thread in “I told you so, should have cut this name brand guy”.

I know we are supposed to keep our replies to 100% about football so I’ll just leave it at this.

If Tackle for a Loss was a football, I’d punt him.

I heard the same thing for 7 games straight this season. Good luck getting a 100 yard game or any game that makes him a top 10 WR for the week. 

Tackle for a Loss isn’t worth wasting your time on. He injects himself into nearly every thread in “I told you so, should have cut this name brand guy”.

I know we are supposed to keep our replies to 100% about football so I’ll just leave it at this.

So because I dislike Allen and point out with receipts his downfalls, in an Allen thread, we want to threaten violence because you dont like my opinion? Allen has been awful this year. Allen has had two top 10 finishes this year and only 3 top 15 with only five Top 20. He has more finishes out of the Top 50 than he does Top 10. He has not had a Top 10 Finish since Week 3. He has finished less than a WR 30 a total of 6 times...yup, 6 TIMES! Over half the year you started him, he wasnt worthy of even rostering. If you wanna talk football, I bring receipts, his finishes in my PPR leagues that offer bonus for 100 yard games below...

• Week 1 - WR 7
  • Week 2 - WR 21
  • Week 3 - WR 2
  • Week 4 - WR 34
  • Week 5 - WR 59
  • Week 6 - WR 60
  • Week 7 - WR 37
  • Week 8 - WR 31
  • Week 9 - WR 58
  • Week 10 - WR 16
  • Week 11 - WR11
  • Week 12 - BYE
  • Week 13 - WR 18
He has gotten decent return the last 3 games, but still couldnt break the Top 15 but once. Many on the wire can do just the same if you play the matchups. Maybe you want to play Allen against Jax, fine...but he isnt a must start and you can cut him. 

Clearly you know what to do. Do that. 

I heard the same thing for 7 games straight this season. Good luck getting a 100 yard game or any game that makes him a top 10 WR for the week. 
You brought up Pascal as an alternative to Allen.  So lets look at that.  Allen has 2.5x more catches (if in a PPR league), nearly twice as many yards and more TDs.  Allen even has more rushing yards.  On total, Allen has about 50% more fantasy points, and isn't that what it's all about?

And Lazard?  Really?  The guy hadn't topped 50 receiving yards, or had a TD, in 6 weeks coming into this past game.  You really would have started him over Allen?  C'mon.

And then Anthony Miller who hadn't hit 80 yards all year, and hadn't even hit 20 yards in half of his games coming into this past week. 

You wanna start a dart throw waiver wire WR over Allen, go right ahead.  Call it today and we'll see how it plays out Sunday.

Just a quick question for @tackle for loss - in your league scoring format, where does Allen currently rank?  In standard PPR leagues, he is WR11.
When I see posts like Tacked for loss I think it's all about expectations. Maybe he drafted Allen too early and expectations haven't been met.

He's been my #2 WR and the position is one of high variance. In my 12 team PPR league, I'm perfectly fine with his performance. 

Just a quick question for @tackle for loss - in your league scoring format, where does Allen currently rank?  In standard PPR leagues, he is WR11.
In my PPR he is WR17, we have bonus points for 100 yard games and progresses at 150 and 200. Big games matter. I already cut him in my TD league, which also has bonus for yards he is not even Top 30. To be fair, I have mentioned that when he is cuttable, it was a TD league.

When I see posts like Tacked for loss I think it's all about expectations. Maybe he drafted Allen too early and expectations haven't been met.

He's been my #2 WR and the position is one of high variance. In my 12 team PPR league, I'm perfectly fine with his performance. 
I drafted Allen in the 4th round, but I know its sexy to attack my opinion, but can we look at the receipts of the stats posted? Do players not worthy of cuts have 6 straight weeks of no use without injury? I know he was "banged up" but he played every game.

I am a different type of fantasy owner, I am not loyal to names after so many weeks have passed, trends are trends, I think if he has a big week its an exception at this point. Too inconsitently bad. Now be assured, if he blows up this week and I hope he does, I dont hoppe players stink, he just has consistently not been a startable WR this year.

I know all the points count, but he did get most of his in one week for what its worth. We were all stoked after week 1 because thats what we expected, you look at those 1st 3 weeks, of course u will look at him as a stud if you dont look at the next 6 weeks.

In my PPR he is WR17, we have bonus points for 100 yard games and progresses at 150 and 200. Big games matter. I already cut him in my TD league, which also has bonus for yards he is not even Top 30. To be fair, I have mentioned that when he is cuttable, it was a TD league.
I guess the question then becomes, would you consider him cuttable in standard PPR with no bonuses?  Maybe this is where the disconnect is?

I guess the question then becomes, would you consider him cuttable in standard PPR with no bonuses?  Maybe this is where the disconnect is?
Maybe, but I was clear. Is it possible its just the world of the internet and people who love Allen in an Allen thread are not having it when it comes to how inconsistently bad he is and rather not talk about that and attack the person who brings up the bad news?

In my standard PPR Allen is WR11 but WR26 Weeks 4-13 but WR 35 on PPG. I know they all count but...when they are all in one week, does it help you for more than that one week?ry s

How is that even possible?  In my non PPR he's WR18, but he's also 4th in the league in receptions for a WR.  Heck, he's 4th in the entire league in receptions regardless of position.  How crazy are those 100 yard bonuses?
3 for 100, 5 for 150 and 7 for 200. I have one thats 3 for 100, 4 for 150 and 5 for 200.

They add up so if you get 200, you would get 15 extra bonus points, PPR. The TD league is the lesser.

3 for 100, 4 for 150 and 5 for 200. 
Wait a sec, now you say he's WR11 in your standard PPR.  How's he sliding 6 spots in this other bonus PPR?  Who are those 6 WRs overtaking him there?  Allen topped 100 yards twice, and 150 once.  So, he'd have actually gotten more "bonus points" in this league than D Hopkins - or Edelman - or DJ Moore.  Also, while he is technically WR18 in my non-PPR league, he's only 12 points from being top 10. 

Wait a sec, now you say he's WR11 in your standard PPR.  How's he sliding 6 spots in this other bonus PPR?  Who are those 6 WRs overtaking him there?  Allen topped 100 yards twice, and 150 once.  So, he'd have actually gotten more "bonus points" in this league than D Hopkins - or Edelman - or DJ Moore.  Also, while he is technically WR18 in my non-PPR league, he's only 12 points from being top 10. 
In my "standard" PPR (said it clearly) without any bonus he is WR11, standard isnt bonus and in the one with Bonus he is WR18. In my non ppr TD league with bonus yards, he is WR28, so he barely cracks top 30 in a TD league with bonus escalators for yards. Heck, he is 16th in yards and tied with guys like TY Hilton for TDs at 5. Add up all the bonuses, compare it to diggs in non ppr, Diggs has 25 less catches but more yards and as many TDs, his multiple 100 plus games make him elite WR. Take away his 76 catches and Diggs 50 and just use yards TDs and bonuses, things drastically change. 

So in PPR where diggs is behind Allen, he is well ahead of him in the TD bonus league. 

In my "standard" PPR (said it clearly) without any bonus he is WR11, standard isnt bonus and in the one with Bonus he is WR18. In my non ppr TD league with bonus yards, he is WR28, so he barely cracks top 30 in a TD league with bonus escalators for yards. Heck, he is 16th in yards and tied with guys like TY Hilton for TDs at 5. Add up all the bonuses, compare it to diggs in non ppr, Diggs has 25 less catches but more yards and as many TDs, his multiple 100 plus games make him elite WR. Take away his 76 catches and Diggs 50 and just use yards TDs and bonuses, things drastically change. 

So in PPR where diggs is behind Allen, he is well ahead of him in the TD bonus league. 
I guess this is why I don't play in crazy oddball bonus leagues.  I mean, should Fells be a better fantasy TE than Kelce or Kittle?

I guess this is why I don't play in crazy oddball bonus leagues.  I mean, should Fells be a better fantasy TE than Kelce or Kittle?
Fells has not hit the bonus in any game and the point is to score TDs in the game of football, is it not? He is TE 12 in my PPR bonus league. Kelce and Kittle have substantially more yards and have hit bonus. In my TD heavy leagues, sure you would get more points for TDs, thats the point. Thats not odd ball. Odd ball is IDP. 

Fells has not hit the bonus in any game and the point is to score TDs in the game of football, is it not? He is TE 12 in my PPR bonus league. Kelce and Kittle have substantially more yards and have hit bonus. In my TD heavy leagues, sure you would get more points for TDs, thats the point. Thats not odd ball. Odd ball is IDP. 
Hey, you lay off the IDP leagues!

Keenan Allen caught 5-of-6 targets for 83 yards in the Chargers’ Week 14 win over the Jaguars.

Allen was getting open seemingly at will, but Philip Rivers (16-22 for 314 yards and 3 TDs) simply didn't need all that many pass attempts to rack up points and was happy to spread the ball around. Allen hasn’t cleared 100 yards in a game since Week 3, and he has just two touchdowns in his last 10 games. The ceiling isn’t there inside of an offense that also supports more-than-competent receivers in Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Ekeler and Melvin Gordon. Still, Allen is set up well in Week 15 against the Vikings’ mediocre group of corners. Treat him as a low-end WR2 in this plus spot.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:19 PM ET

Good to see KA continue to produce, but the days of him being a WR1 seem to be a thing of the past. Just too many mouths to feed in that offense.

Gonna try and unload him in the offseason. QB is a problem cause I don't think Rivers is back. Dalton would work out fine but other than that, there is not much out there. They could be in the 2021 Tank for Trevor mix.

Keenan Allen caught 9-of-10 targets for 99 yards in the Chargers' Week 15 loss to the Vikings.

The catches and yards were both his most since a 13-183-2 line way back in Week 3. Allen has just two 100-yard games to his name this season, with both coming in the season's first three weeks. Allen should use this as a stepping stone ahead of a tasty Week 16 date with the Raiders. Allen went 8-68 on 11 targets in Oakland back in Week 10. He'll be a WR1 for the fantasy finals.

Keenan Allen caught 5-of-10 targets for 71 yards in the Chargers' Week 16 loss to the Raiders.

Allen led the team in targets and receiving but could have had a much better afternoon if he hadn't been tackled at the one-yard line to set up Melvin Gordon's second one-yard touchdown. Allen has been a disappointment this season all things considered with zero 100-yard games since Week 3 and just two touchdowns over the last 13 weeks. He'll wrap up his season against the Chiefs.

With his buddy Rivers moving on, have to think that Keenan’s future dynasty prospects takes a meaningful hit.

Depends who they bring in. Let's not panic yet, but I am worried...
True - a lot will depend on who the QB is. That said, Keenan was already losing his status as a target hound with Henry, Ekeler, Mike Williams, and Gordon around, so it's really beyond more than the who the QB is. If Henry leaves via FA and they don't replace him with a viable pass catching TE, that might help Keenan's targets.

I'm glad I have zero shares of this guy. But I'd think his dynasty owners could still get value if they wanted to move on from him. That's probably the safest play at this point. 

With his buddy Rivers moving on, have to think that Keenan’s future dynasty prospects takes a meaningful hit.
Honestly, Rivers really did not play well last year.  Keenan may be better with a mobile QB or an experienced QB. 

I think we have to wait and see.  Too soon to tell.    

Honestly, Rivers really did not play well last year.  Keenan may be better with a mobile QB or an experienced QB. 

I think we have to wait and see.  Too soon to tell.    
There is virtually no chance Allen will be better without Rivers. The Chargers are most likely to have Tyrod Taylor, Easton Stick, and/or a rookie QB starting in 2020. No way that group comes close to Rivers in terms of ability to get the ball to Allen.

There is virtually no chance Allen will be better without Rivers. The Chargers are most likely to have Tyrod Taylor, Easton Stick, and/or a rookie QB starting in 2020. No way that group comes close to Rivers in terms of ability to get the ball to Allen.
You don't think they are going to be behind much?  There are some rookies I would place above Rivers in that situation at this point in his career.  Williams is still on the other side.  There is a still a running game.  A TE.  I agree, a T-Rod QB doesn't look terrific.  A Bridgewater or Winston, a little better. Jordan Love or Tua, I am thinking maybe an upgrade from those two.  

I am not sold there are no good QBs out there.

You don't think they are going to be behind much?  There are some rookies I would place above Rivers in that situation at this point in his career.  Williams is still on the other side.  There is a still a running game.  A TE.  I agree, a T-Rod QB doesn't look terrific.  A Bridgewater or Winston, a little better. Jordan Love or Tua, I am thinking maybe an upgrade from those two.  

I am not sold there are no good QBs out there.
It's not there are not good QB's available but they sure are not being linked to them right now. . Now could be smokescreen, sure is hard to see them trying to drum up interest as they move into the new stadium with Tyrod as your opening day starter but they sure keep talking that talk. From a football angle you can see some appeal. They were tired of Rivers turning it over last year, Tyrod has one of lowest interception rates in the league and they need a mobile QB behind that OL. Hard so see from fan interest angle. Who knows what direction they will go but they sure won't stop talking up Tyrod.

What is worse is since they made the trade today starting to hear they will target OT and look for a QB like Jalen Hurts in round two or maybe bring in someone like Mariotta to compete with Tyrod. Again two Qb's who won't excite people but are mobile and won't turn it over a ton.

As for some of the other rookies will Tua even play next year? It's like a catch 22. If he's deemed to be healthy enough to play no way he makes it Chargers pick so they'd have to pay a ton to move up. He might not even make it that far if teams think he needs to sit a year. Love and Herbert seem like they need time to develop and Herbert gets a lot of Josh Allen comps which is not exactly exciting for pass catchers. Love at least has a live arm.

I also would not agree they have much of a running game without Gordon.

Again, if you own Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter, Ekeler you got to hope all this Tyrod talk is a brilliant smokescreen and they either move up for a healthy Tua or go after a better FA then Mariotta.

Agreed.  Keenan has been one of the most consistent WR1's over the past 3 seasons.  In fact, only Thomas, Hopkins, and Jones have scored more fantasy points.  He has done this by being a target hog, soaking in an average of 148.  Rivers and Allen have had a connection for 7 years, and now that's gone.  I seriously doubt he will continue to command as many targets as he has, unless the Chargers bring in a veteran like Winston, Brady, etc.

Here is a crazy thought - If Rivers signs with Indy, SD should try to trade Keenan to Indy to pair with TY Hilton.  If they are going young, that would make some sense.  

Bottom line is it is a long off season and there are going to be some moves. 

Here is a crazy thought - If Rivers signs with Indy, SD should try to trade Keenan to Indy to pair with TY Hilton.  If they are going young, that would make some sense.  

Bottom line is it is a long off season and there are going to be some moves. 
Ballard is too smart to give up anything notable for Allen.  Sure if the price is low that makes sense, but not sure the Chargers want to sell low on him.

Ballard is too smart to give up anything notable for Allen.  Sure if the price is low that makes sense, but not sure the Chargers want to sell low on him.
NE? Houston? NYG? I can think of a dozen places he would be an upgrade and I am not sure the price for him is as low as you think.  Keenan Allen has 6 years of high level football in him (barring injury).  He is prime age for a trade to a contender.  And you have an owner looking to dump salary and bring in young players. 

NE? Houston? NYG? I can think of a dozen places he would be an upgrade and I am not sure the price for him is as low as you think.  Keenan Allen has 6 years of high level football in him (barring injury).  He is prime age for a trade to a contender.  And you have an owner looking to dump salary and bring in young players. 
He asked about Indy.  I gave him my opinion about Indy where they wouldn't pay premium prices.

Not sure about the other teams you listed and if you are asking if they drive price up or if you are asking about overall price.

How does he do with the QB change?  Love the guy, but worry about how it impacts him.  He's been with Rivers for a long time and they have had excellent chemistry.  That being said, Rivers wasn't really anything special last season.  

He's got more room on the upside than the downside, given that he hasn't scored more than 6 TDs since 2013. Sammy Watkins put up 1047/9 with Tyrod Taylor at QB in 2015.

He's still the best route runner in the league. 90/1000/6 floor unless the offense completely falls apart.

Users who are viewing this thread