What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Game Observations (1 Viewer)

mikel2014

Footballguy
Preseason games are always taken with a grain of salt, but there are definitely some things to be learned.

Post away!

Yeah I know its just the first preseason game but I'm not too impressed by him. Was high on him this year...we'll see what happens in the next couple weeks.

INJURY UPDATE.

In the St. Louis/Cleveland preseason game Rams OLT Rodger Saffold went down and came up holding his arm.

Didn't look good, wait for updates.

The Bengals have some weapons on offense.
Gio and Eifert should bring a ton to this team. Not sure how great they will be fantasy wise this year, but will definitely be part of the offense.

CJ2K ripped a long one. Preseason extraordinaire.

Pierce isn't getting medical attention and is standing on the sideline so it appears to be okay. I think most of the starters will be done in this game due to weather.

Chris Johnson could be in for a big year, no team did more to upgrade their OL through free agency and draft than TEN...

Chris Johnson could be in for a big year, no team did more to upgrade their OL through free agency and draft than TEN...
If the 1st quarter of the preseason projects out the entire year hes the clear #1 overall fantasy player this year...

Huge punt return by Cleveland WR Travis Benjamin.

91 yard return.

=============

Rookie WR Tavon Austin sighting.

He dropped a pass while being covered by Cleveland LB Craig Robertson.

Say again LINEBACKER was in single coverage and Robertson was all over him.

Travis Benjamin = Speed.

Doesn't look like they're going to miss Cribbs..
Quite a burner. They didn't show a wide view of that coverage....but it had to be horrible. Browns players couldn't even find anyone to block after he got going upfield.

Dion Lewis needs to be a major thought to TRich owners. He's going to get drafted by non-TRich owners.

Jordan Cameron busted a 30 yard reception.

I think Cleveland is already looking better. Buying.

I am drafting Chris Givens. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know its just the first preseason game but I'm not too impressed by him. Was high on him this year...we'll see what happens in the next couple weeks.
in my rankings, I had sjax then cj. amazing that ten minutes of preseason is going to make me switch those two...

Funniest line I've ever heard in a preseason game.

Former Browns QB Bernie Kosar is the color analyst for preseason games and he just said.

"The Rams wide receivers are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! They make their breaks four yards in front of the DBs."

Play-by-play guy Jim Donovan says. "What is their parents are watching???"

Kosar: "They should be embarrassed."

Then Kosar starts flipping thru his program trying to find the St. Louis WR coach and says.

"I'm trying to find the name of the receivers coach because he's terrible too."

Has there been any talk of Shonn Green taking GL carries?
Yes but as a Cj holder I'm ok with that. I think he needs a battering ram....tires the defense and he slashes them. He had his best years with Len dale.Cj gonna be huge this year...loved the upgrades on the line. Have the potential to be very good. Said he's got a good attitude, terrific shape and I think he's humbled just a bit and wants to prove people wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Former Browns QB Bernie Kosar is the color analyst for preseason games and he just said.

"The Rams wide receivers are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! They make their breaks four yards in front of the DBs."

Then Kosar starts flipping thru his program trying to find the St. Louis WR coach and says.

LOL

LOL
That's the fun part of preseason, most of these commentators only do 2 games a year. They usually struggle a bit.

Givens seems to be doing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread