Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
JetMaxx

CJ Anderson

Why all the C.J. hate? Ball owners who missed out on him?

Many people invested a first round pick in him and have the blinders of that over his season... he stunk all year plain and simple. So naturally there is going to be hate

Rotoworld:

C.J. Anderson - RB - Broncos

The Denver Post's Mike Klis believes C.J. Anderson is "the Broncos' best running back."

Keep in mind this is just a beat reporter's opinion -- and must be taken with a grain of salt -- but it's notable from a longtime beat writer of Klis' experience. Publicly, coach John Fox has stated the Broncos will ride the "hot hand" and feature "who's healthy." Anderson fits both of those criteria. Klis expects the Broncos to be "cautious" with Montee Ball in his return from a multi-week groin injury, and for Juwan Thompson to remain the third-stringer. Ronnie Hillman (foot) is expected to miss at least 2-3 weeks.

Source: Denver Post

Nov 12 - 9:54 PM

It should be noted that Klis also thought the South had the better army and was giving points to the North in the Civil War.

• Like 1

Many people invested a first round pick in him and have the blinders of that over his season... he stunk all year plain and simple. So naturally there is going to be hate

Disagree and I really don't see much "hate" either, just cautious optimism.

The fact is that while many people have called CJ the "best Broncos RB", since last year even, the coaches have kept him buried on the bench behind Knowshon, Ball, Hillman and he was at best even with Thompson. Considering they see CJ much more then any of us or any beat writer that fact should not be ignored.

You also have to look at the fact that as awesome as he was last week (that catch & run TD was a thing of beauty) the reality is he pulled it off against the worst team in the NFL.

So while I think he currently has a golden opportunity, and could potentially seize a large share of Broncos RB snaps I would not be surprised if Ball reclaims the #1 job within two weeks. I also would not be surprised to see CJ back at #3 when Hillman returns healthy.

It is amazing to me how short memories are around here. From week 5 through week 8 Ronnie Hillman was torching defenses to the tune of 4.8 ypc on 73 carries and in his worst game he put up 63 yards and two TDs. Now the CJ fans are just outright dismissing him as a non-factor going forward.

I think that is equally as foolish as dismissing CJ outright. The Denver RB situation is, at best, as clear as mud.

Edited by Chaka
  • Like 1

I'm buying.

That spectacular reception and zig-zag run for a long TD impressed everyone including Peyton Manning and many Broncos who mentioned that play since Denver was behind 10-6 at the time, on the road so that play was huge. Manning tends to keep going back to the well once he establishes some trust with a player so I think he'll look C.J. Anderson's way without hesitation if he needs to dump it off so I easily see a couple of dump catches coming his way Sunday and the coaches will probably scheme at least one pass play just for C.J. so minimum I expect three receptions.

Klis isn't the only one. C.J. is the top fantasy target on many waiver wire shows and as per local beat writers Woody Paige is also on-board stating he's the best back.

Every indication I've seen/read is that C.J. is starting with Ball as the second back but the game is being played on a hard indoor surface that isn't conducive to a guy like Ball who is coming off a groin injury so I think Anderson is the guy to target and this week could be a nice solid fantasy game.

I think conservatively in the 12 to 15 carry range for 65 to 70 yards and 30 to 35 receiving yards since I like his YAC ability with a shot at 1 score and I'll happily take that for a RB #2 or a flex play any week. :yes:

Should he have another game like he had last week then going forward he would earn the right to get a shot to be the starting RB for the Broncos and that is a valuable fantasy commodity but right now he looks like a solid start Sunday at a time many are scrambling to make fantasy playoffs dealing with injuries on the last BYE week of the NFL season.

Agree that CJ is a must add this week @ St. Louis.

I bought him in two leagues...because I had a ton of BB $$s burning a hole in my pocket. We are kind of at the point in the year where you have to spend that #1 pick in WW or spend those bucks and for the playoff push, he is likely as good as you will get without predicting injury over the next couple of weeks. I am sure that is where "some" of the optimism is coming from.

The fact is that while many people have called CJ the "best Broncos RB", since last year even, the coaches have kept him buried on the bench behind Knowshon, Ball, Hillman and he was at best even with Thompson. Considering they see CJ much more then any of us or any beat writer that fact should not be ignored.

You also have to look at the fact that as awesome as he was last week (that catch & run TD was a thing of beauty) the reality is he pulled it off against the worst team in the NFL.

So while I think he currently has a golden opportunity, and could potentially seize a large share of Broncos RB snaps I would not be surprised if Ball reclaims the #1 job within two weeks. I also would not be surprised to see CJ back at #3 when Hillman returns healthy.

It is amazing to me how short memories are around here. From week 5 through week 8 Ronnie Hillman was torching defenses to the tune of 4.8 ypc on 73 carries and in his worst game he put up 63 yards and two TDs. Now the CJ fans are just outright dismissing him as a non-factor going forward.

I think that is equally as foolish as dismissing CJ outright. The Denver RB situation is, at best, as clear as mud.

I won't get into a lot of back and forth but I think the real FACT here that people are looking at (without maybe saying it in words as refined as it could be) is that

EVERY back on the Denver roster has looked better than Ball. It doesn't matter if we want to speculate about the offensive line or speculate about whether or not the front office has let pride get in the way of what they really see in practice. That is all academic.

Going all the way back to last year in camp when people said Moreno would get cut to now, every single RB that has hit the field for the Broncos has been more productive than Ball.

I don't think there is any optimism for Ball owners. I think they got burned.

My take on Ball hasn't changed at all, and it doesn't affect my perception of CJ. I don't think any of us know what's going to happen though, so takes from either side saying this or that is going to happen seems misguided to me.

I've long been on the CJ bandwagon that he was a solid back, but as previously mentioned by myself and others, CJ was buried on the depth chart after a full offseason, training camp, and preseason of work. The only reason he played as much as he did (and appeared to be 2nd string) weeks 1 and 2 was that Hillman was being punished or was fighting an injury or something. There were whispers about this in the media. Hillman returned for week 3 at Seattle and immediately began getting more snaps, then in week 5 when Ball was hurt, Hillman was the guy. At that point, CJ barely even saw the field; it was the Hillman and Juwan Thompson show.

Offensive Snap Counts by Week:

Week 6 - Hillman (52), Thompson (17), Anderson (1)

Week 7 - Hillman (37), Thompson (14), Anderson (9)

Week 8 - Hillman (53), Thompson (12), Anderson (2)

Week 9 - Hillman (50), Anderson (18), Thompson (11)

In Week 9, Anderson didn't touch the ball (according to ESPN's play-by-play) until 10:23 left in the 4th with the Broncos down 43-21 to the Patriots. Should also be noted that Hillman tweaked his ankle in that game. Then last week, Hillman hurts his foot (in addition to fighting the ankle) and the snap counts were as follows:

Week 10 - Anderson (41), Hillman (31), Thompson (10)

Anderson had a great game, but the context is still important. They were playing the worst team in the league, and the starter got hurt. Now perhaps Anderson has re-established himself ahead of Thompson - I'd totally buy that and the snap counts certainly support that. As to this week and whether he's established himself as THE GUY, that's where I hesitate.

Ball was ineffective to start the year, but he looked pretty good last year as a rookie. He stated himself he bulked up too much over the offseason and was playing too heavy - that he was sluggish to the hole. We all saw it with our own eyes as he simply was much less explosive and productive this year than he was as a rookie. He also played some more talented Ds than Oakland in his sample from early this year, and he missed all of training camp with the appendectomy.

I guess my point is, I'm not going to hold 55 carries from a guy who was just cleared from his appendectomy 10 days or so before the season against him as the definition of his career. We know the following: 1) he averaged 4.7 YPC over 120 carries as a rookie; 2) he missed all of training camp; 3) he stated (and the team comments also agreed) that he was playing at a heavier weight than he should've been; and 4) he's since dropped weight to his rookie year conditioning level. Why are we dismissing him as a schlub for the 55 carries against some pretty good Ds to start the year, given everything we know?

This team picked Ball in the 2nd round. They groomed him for the role by giving him 120 carries last year as a rookie and declaring him the 3-down, bell cow starter very early in the offseason. He held that role all offseason through the entire evaluation process. This is a team looking to win now - they're not going to be playing favorites; they'll put the best guy on the field (assuming rational coaching of course). Plus there was talk all offseason about how Ball was the best pass protector on the team now. That gets a RB on the field with Peyton. Period.

TLDR - Anderson had a great game against a poor defense and we shouldn't hold 55 carries coming back from missing all of TC against Ball when he has 120 carries of strong production from his rookie year on his resume. He's also the best pass protector on the team. Anderson will have a role, but if Ball is healthy I see no reason why we should dismiss the possibility, if not likelihood, he returns to 60-70% of the pie.

• Like 3

Anderson had a great game against a poor defense and we shouldn't hold 55 carries coming back from missing all of TC against Ball when he has 120 carries of strong production from his rookie year on his resume. He's also the best pass protector on the team. Anderson will have a role, but if Ball is healthy I see no reason why we should dismiss the possibility, if not likelihood, he returns to 60-70% of the pie.

This is the definitive argument against Anderson IMO.

The argument for is that he's better at getting yards and making plays when his number is called.

Usually the 2nd argument wins in the long run if it's true. But the ROS isn't the long run and we don't really know if it's true yet.

• Like 1

I won't get into a lot of back and forth but I think the real FACT here that people are looking at (without maybe saying it in words as refined as it could be) is that

EVERY back on the Denver roster has looked better than Ball. It doesn't matter if we want to speculate about the offensive line or speculate about whether or not the front office has let pride get in the way of what they really see in practice. That is all academic.

Going all the way back to last year in camp when people said Moreno would get cut to now, every single RB that has hit the field for the Broncos has been more productive than Ball.

I don't think there is any optimism for Ball owners. I think they got burned.

My post wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Ball either. The only point of note is that the Broncos coaches seem to have been pretty high on him, they were also pretty solid on Hillman too. CJ has barely been on their radar until three injuries got him there.

He took the reins and ran with them so maybe the coaches opinions have changed. But I don't think there is anything remotely predictable about the Denver RB situation.

BR injury update. One of the updates is on Broncos RB Monte Ball.

They say he's not 100% and don't expect him to see him in a full fashion, also said the Broncos want to see how he handles the weight loss and that they still have some concerns with his pass-protection.

This backs everything I've heard/read indicating that C.J. Anderson will get the bulk of the workload at running back against the Rams Sunday.

Go to about the 2:00 minute mark of the video to hear the update on Ball:

-----------------------------------------------

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2266330-fantasy-football-week-11-rapid-fire-injury-update-with-will-carroll

Fantasy Football Week 11: Rapid-Fire Injury Update with Will Carroll By BR Productions, Video Nov 13, 2014

Who is 'they'?

Fantasy Football Week 11: Rapid-Fire Injury Update with Will Carroll

I have never heard of Will Carroll myself so If you want to question the validity of Will Carroll based on unfamiliarity I would hold off because after hearing this video I fact checked what he said about RB Arian Foster and everything he said was correct.

Who is 'they'?

I have never heard of Will Carroll myself so If you want to question the validity of Will Carroll based on unfamiliarity I would hold off because after hearing this video I fact checked what he said about RB Arian Foster and everything he said was correct.

I don't know who he is but part of his statement ("they still have concerns with his pass protection") is completely wrong. That is the one thing they didn't have concerns with. He was getting 70% of the snaps because that part of his game was solid. If he wasn't good at pass protection and he wasn't producing why would he have kept the starting job the first 5 weeks of the season.

Who is 'they'?

I don't know who he is but part of his statement ("they still have concerns with his pass protection") is completely wrong. That is the one thing they didn't have concerns with. He was getting 70% of the snaps because that part of his game was solid. If he wasn't good at pass protection and he wasn't producing why would he have kept the starting job the first 5 weeks of the season.

I didn't quote, I paraphrased so go to the link for his exact-precise words because I believe he said that in conjunction with comments about Monte's weight loss, i.e., they would want to see how the weight loss had impacted his game and obviously losing weight/muscle/strength would not help with pass-pro but that was not a direct quote.

Video isn't very long so is easy to go check out and the blurb on Monte is about less than one minute so you can go to the link and hear for youself.

from the whispers and hints out there it sounds like CJ may get 1st crack this weekend. Have him flexed in 2 of my 3 leagues...should be interesting...tough matchup though as St. Louis has become pretty stout vs. the run over the past few weeks.

Last night's audible show. Dr. Jene went over the injury to Monte Ball while Matt Waldman and Sigmond Bloom touched on the subject of RB C.J. Anderson a few times.

Some interesting takes but go to a lil bit after the 49 minute mark where Bloom bottom-lines the scenario for this week's game where he says even though the Rams have great pass rushers they aren't going to get to Peyton Manning so the game will get out of hand and the Broncos won't run out the clock with a guy like Monte Ball who is coming off an injury so he expects them to put the ball into C.J. Anderson's hands.

Bloom then asks Waldman what he thinks and Matt says:

"Don't get me wrong, I'm starting C.J. Anderson in a couple of leagues but I know our listeners and Bloom and Waldman and Cian Fahey talking about how they like C.J. Anderson. And there all going to be talking about how he's going to be a dynasty stud and ask me how whether or not they should trade a second round pick or a major starter for him and I just want to keep the expectations measured for him from one step to the other.

But YEAH YOU BETHA I'M STARTING HIM THIS WEEK."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to the link to hear Dr. Jene's take on Monte Ball's injury and the rest of the conversation the is VERY INTERESTING about how an undrafted free agent like Ball would have to show superior talent just to make a roster like the Broncos and that so far he's shown better talent than draft picks like Ball and Hillman and they think eventually he will prove himself over time to earn the right to the be the starter but the bottom line is pretty unanimous. They like him Sunday.

Go to around the 49 minute mark of last night's show to hear they like C.J. Anderson this Sunday.

"YEAH YOU BETCHA."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_EEpkBHiE

2014 Week 11 Thursday Night Hangout

Guessing there's a much greater chance this becomes a muddled mess for the next 3-4 weeks, than there is a chance Denver chooses their horse for the rest of the year.

Anderson might be a solid flex this weekend, with a 50/50 shot at a TD, but I'm not counting on anything better than that.

I watched the game on replay last night and it seemed like CJ was in there for the first few (couple?) of series, then was alternating with Hillman. He took advantage of pretty big lanes, but looked as quick to me as Hillman (but with alot more power/size).

I have no idea when Hillman got hurt, in fact, it seemed like it was reported after the game. But, DEN was alternating CJ and Hillman most of the game.

I don't know that I buy DEN going to a single back, unless there are enough injuries to the RBs behind. But, the best all-around back looks to me to be CJ (size, speed, skill). I don't know that there is a ton of value with a DEN goalline back (ie, if Ball becomes that guy), b/c DEN throws even when they are close. It's too easy for Peyton.

Edited by Black
  • Like 1

Anyone who knows with certainty how this will shake out and how the RBs will be used is either Nostrodamus or certifiably nuts.

And Ball dropping weight has me downright intrigued after watching Bell's game change completely when he dropped poundage.

Fwiw - dynasty owner of Ball, Hillman, and Anderson, so no real dog in the fight as long as one emerges as the bell cow.

Last night's audible show. Dr. Jene went over the injury to Monte Ball while Matt Waldman and Sigmond Bloom touched on the subject of RB C.J. Anderson a few times.

Some interesting takes but go to a lil bit after the 49 minute mark where Bloom bottom-lines the scenario for this week's game where he says even though the Rams have great pass rushers they aren't going to get to Peyton Manning so the game will get out of hand and the Broncos won't run out the clock with a guy like Monte Ball who is coming off an injury so he expects them to put the ball into C.J. Anderson's hands.

Bloom then asks Waldman what he thinks and Matt says:

"Don't get me wrong, I'm starting C.J. Anderson in a couple of leagues but I know our listeners and Bloom and Waldman and Cian Fahey talking about how they like C.J. Anderson. And there all going to be talking about how he's going to be a dynasty stud and ask me how whether or not they should trade a second round pick or a major starter for him and I just want to keep the expectations measured for him from one step to the other.

But YEAH YOU BETHA I'M STARTING HIM THIS WEEK."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to the link to hear Dr. Jene's take on Monte Ball's injury and the rest of the conversation the is VERY INTERESTING about how an undrafted free agent like Ball would have to show superior talent just to make a roster like the Broncos and that so far he's shown better talent than draft picks like Ball and Hillman and they think eventually he will prove himself over time to earn the right to the be the starter but the bottom line is pretty unanimous. They like him Sunday.

Go to around the 49 minute mark of last night's show to hear they like C.J. Anderson this Sunday.

"YEAH YOU BETCHA."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_EEpkBHiE

2014 Week 11 Thursday Night Hangout

Meh. Of course they are going to jump on this....they've been pimping him since pre-season. I held on to CJ for the first 7 weeks. Finally had to cut bait. Bitter? Sure. Just sayin' they've been saying all this from the get go and it just happens to be finally panning out because of injury. Oh, and I face CJ this week.

Anyone who knows with certainty how this will shake out and how the RBs will be used is either Nostrodamus or certifiably nuts.

And Ball dropping weight has me downright intrigued after watching Bell's game change completely when he dropped poundage.

Fwiw - dynasty owner of Ball, Hillman, and Anderson, so no real dog in the fight as long as one emerges as the bell cow.

I don't think it's too smart to compare ball's weight loss to le'veon bell's. Le'veon lost the weight during a healthy offseason, while montee ball lost it in a month WITH a groin injury. How much training could have ball really done to lose weight while still gaining power and elusiveness?

I don't think it's too smart to compare ball's weight loss to le'veon bell's. Le'veon lost the weight during a healthy offseason, while montee ball lost it in a month WITH a groin injury. How much training could have ball really done to lose weight while still gaining power and elusiveness?

:lol:

Well thanks professor. Did you consider that he may have lost the weight while rehabbing? Or that he put on and kept on the extra weight by eating poorly in an effort to maintain the extra mass?

Forgive me if I take Ball's word that he feels much better at the lower weight instead of putting my faith in a smart guy like you.

Well thanks professor. Did you consider that he may have lost the weight while rehabbing? Or that he put on and kept on the extra weight by eating poorly in an effort to maintain the extra mass?

Forgive me if I take Ball's word that he feels much better at the lower weight instead of putting my faith in a smart guy like you.

Do you expect Ball to say he feels like crap? TBH both your arguments are just filled with opinion and little fact.

• Like 1

...I have no idea when Hillman got hurt, in fact, it seemed like it was reported after the game. But, DEN was alternating CJ and Hillman most of the game.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/10/ronnie-hillman-midfoot-sprain/30811/

Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman out at least 2 weeks with foot sprain

C.J. Anderson emerged just in time. Montee Ball is returning from injury just in time.

The Broncos will be without Ronnie Hillman for at least two weeks after the starting running back suffered a midfoot sprain in his left foot Sunday, according to an NFL source. Broncos coach John Fox confirmed the injury, but only said Hillman was day-to-day.

Hillman seemed to suffer the injury as he was attempting to catch a pass early in the Broncos’ 41-17 win against the Oakland Raiders. He limped off the field and had his foot ankle taped then returned to the game.

With Hillman ailing, Anderson had a breakout game, rushing for 90 yards and turning a short reception into an electrifying 51-yard touchdown. Ball has missed the past five games because of a groin injury but is expected to return this week to play against the St. Louis Rams.

Do you expect Ball to say he feels like crap? TBH both your arguments are just filled with opinion and little fact.

That you're here defending his position makes me feel much better about my opinion.

...I have no idea when Hillman got hurt, in fact, it seemed like it was reported after the game. But, DEN was alternating CJ and Hillman most of the game.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/11/10/ronnie-hillman-midfoot-sprain/30811/

Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman out at least 2 weeks with foot sprain

C.J. Anderson emerged just in time. Montee Ball is returning from injury just in time.

The Broncos will be without Ronnie Hillman for at least two weeks after the starting running back suffered a midfoot sprain in his left foot Sunday, according to an NFL source. Broncos coach John Fox confirmed the injury, but only said Hillman was day-to-day.

Hillman seemed to suffer the injury as he was attempting to catch a pass early in the Broncos’ 41-17 win against the Oakland Raiders. He limped off the field and had his foot ankle taped then returned to the game.

With Hillman ailing, Anderson had a breakout game, rushing for 90 yards and turning a short reception into an electrifying 51-yard touchdown. Ball has missed the past five games because of a groin injury but is expected to return this week to play against the St. Louis Rams.

Yup. They talked about Hillman appearing injured multiple times during the broadcast, you may miss that kind of commentary when just watching the game rewind.

That you're here defending his position makes me feel much better about my opinion.

While I agree with your sentiment about The Scientist in general, in this specific instance the argument he is supporting makes a lot more sense then yours.

Losing weight I think is a good thing for Ball but the notion that he is somehow in better game shape after rehabbing a groin injury does not pass muster. While you may lose weight you don't improve your game shape while rehabbing in a pool and on a bicycle.

While I agree with your sentiment about The Scientist in general, in this specific instance the argument he is supporting makes a lot more sense then yours.

Losing weight I think is a good thing for Ball but the notion that he is somehow in better game shape after rehabbing a groin injury does not pass muster. While you may lose weight you don't improve your game shape while rehabbing in a pool and on a bicycle.

He's been practicing in full for 2 weeks now. So you're willing to dismiss all the reports from Dove Valley about his condition? It's not just Ball saying it about himself, it's his coaches and teammates noticing and commenting also.

But of course the guys here know better I guess.

Edited by Bronco Billy

He's been practicing in full for 2 weeks now. So you're willing to dismiss all the reports from Dove Valley about his condition? It's not just Ball saying it about himself, it's his coaches and teammates noticing and commenting also.

No offense BB, but I read a lot of the camp notes out of DV regarding Ball before the season and I was near certain he was primed for a breakout season. Either he looked slow or the OL looked limited in opening holes for him early in the season. I burned a high pick on him and have regretted it all year. I hope he gets back and is ready to contribute but there is no reason to think just because DV has again labeled him as ready to go means much at this point. Especially with CJ having shown the he is ready now. It doesn't matter to me at this point as I have moved on from the DEN RB position. If either guy or Hillman were to receive the bulk of the carries I would want that guy, but who knows who and if 1 guy ever emerges this year?

Like stated, this is all opinion, but he lost 15 pounds in one month! That's a lot. And rehabbing is not the same as healthy training. I just find it hard to believe that not only is he healthy from his groin injury in just over month, but has lost 15 pounds while keeping/improving his lower body strength

Sorry man but Ball had his first full practice yesterday he was limited all last week and he didn't practice at all two weeks ago (he worked with the team's strength and conditioning staff two weeks ago).

He got hurt on October 5th, and a groin pull does not allow for a lot of football conditioning drills for at least several weeks. He's lighter and that might help but considering he missed 2-3 weeks late in camp with an appendix and followed that up with a 6 week groin injury it is difficult to imagine a scenario where he is in top football condition.

YMMV but personally don't put a lot of stock into the words of a coach making public comments to the media.

Seriously, the next time a coach is honest with the public about an injury to one of his players will be the first time that has ever happened.

CJ is the guy IMHO

I can't really explain why his playing time went down after the Ball injury, but now that he has broken out, he can't be ignored,,,

Just to clarify I don't own these guys and I don't care who does what, but I don't see how anyone can know who if any DEN RB actually emerges as a consistent player for the rest of the year. Good luck all.

Well, the only thing I can add is that you all need to start Anderson with complete confidence. Enjoy the results.

Thats my plan.

• Like 1

CJ is the guy IMHO

I can't really explain why his playing time went down after the Ball injury, but now that he has broken out, he can't be ignored,,,

People said exactly the same thing about Hillman and he did it for four games. What happens when he comes back?

What happens if Ball starts producing (and I think it is a virtual certainty that he will get an opportunity to prove he is healthy and the back they thought he was at the end of training camp)?

Clear as mud IMO.

CJ is the guy IMHO

People said exactly the same thing about Hillman and he did it for four games. What happens when he comes back?

What happens if Ball starts producing (and I think it is a virtual certainty that he will get an opportunity to prove he is healthy and the back they thought he was at the end of training camp)?

Clear as mud IMO.

Why would you think its a virtual certainty? He has never produced....in fact he has always been outproduced by every RB on the roster.

CJ is the guy IMHO

Clear as mud IMO.

Why would you think its a virtual certainty? He has never produced....in fact he has always been outproduced by every RB on the roster.

He's the only one who can play the position the way Peyton likes. IMO that's why he gets his spot back sooner than later.

CJ is the guy IMHO

Clear as mud IMO.

He's the only one who can play the position the way Peyton likes. IMO that's why he gets his spot back sooner than later.

Is that why Moreno beat him out last year?

CJ is the guy IMHO

Clear as mud IMO.

Moreno beat him out beacuase Ball was a rookie. And we know how John Fox rolls with rookies

CJ is the guy IMHO

Clear as mud IMO.

The only ones who thought anyone but Moreno was going to be starter last season were wishful thinkers who know very little about John Fox and the value of Peyton Manning to the Broncos.

And Montee acquitted himself quite nicely last season so it's a big stretch to say he "never produced" because he produced last season particularly late in the season.

His lack of production this year was a tremendous disappointment but not exactly a huge surprise. Did anyone think he was going to miss a 3-4 weeks with an appendectomy on the eve of the season and run like a thoroughbred out of the gate? Probably the same people who thought someone other then Knowshon was going to be the starter last year.

The good news for CJ owners is that the same lack of conditioning Ball faced at the beginning of the year is still facing him now. Maybe the lost weight will help but I think it will take a couple of games to get his legs under him, by that time Hillman will be back (remember the guy that everyone was anointing the starter ROS, including Montee Ball, not two weeks ago?) and this situation could get really ugly.

CJ seems like a solid bet as a one week play but to suggest that he is the guy to own ROS is taking a tremendous leap of faith.

Whaaa?

Denver Post says, in a rather un-dramatic manner that C.J. Anderson gets his first NFL start Sunday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26935204/c-j-anderson-earns-longer-look-after-romp

Denver Broncos / NFL C.J. Anderson earns longer look by Broncos after romp vs. Raiders
...During the Broncos' 41-17 rout of the Raiders at Oakland on Sunday, Anderson turned a dump pass into a 51-yard cross country voyage suited for Clark Griswold's truckster. He started left and veered right, then made a breathtaking loop across the field, covering 101 yards in all. His gallop and Ronnie Hillman's sprained right foot make his first NFL start, at St. Louis this Sunday, anticlimactic. Offensive coordinator Adam Gase said Thursday that "C.J. had the best game last week. We will see what he brings, and then we'll get the other guys going."
I think this has been the assumption and haven't seen this anywhere else but Gase also says that he'll use the other guys so it looks like a RBBC but from this blurb it seems C.J. Anderson gets the start.
This story from today speculates how the carries will be split, they think it will be an equal divide but at the same time they say Ball will be eased-into the lineup which would not indicate an even split.
Also I didn't realize the Rams defense was ranked so low, probably from what everyone has been saying or assuming here in this thread so the matchup may no be as bad as thought.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/11/14/7217701/montee-ball-broncos-to-ball-or-not-to-ball
... For the Rams game, C.J. will likely be the lead back, but with Ball returning, the carries will be split pretty much down the line. Ball is returning from injury, so the Broncos will ease him back into the system and give Anderson another audition against a defense ranked one spot above the Raiders' (at 24).

Well, the only thing I can add is that you all need to start Anderson with complete confidence. Enjoy the results.

You lose a lot of credibility when you make a statement like this. There is no possible way you can say with complete confidence that CJ is the guy this week. You may be guessing that but it sounds more like hoping.