What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (2 Viewers)

Please, everyone post here and let us know if you drafted CJ. I'm willing to bet it's about 1 in 12 people. Let's try to make this thread even more boring.

Please, everyone post here and let us know if you drafted CJ. I'm willing to bet it's about 1 in 12 people. Let's try to make this thread even more boring.
:goodposting:

for those of us who did draft CJ and now have to make decisions (do we start him on the road vs. KC? do we sell low or hold? how bad is his injury?), info or predictions about production in Week 2 would be much more helpful than piling on or gloating.

KC looks like a very tough matchup, plus the toe injury question mark. I'd bump him down to the RB24 range this week, borderline Flex play if you have to. I think his best chance of putting up a decent game is maybe taking a check-down pass in for a score, but he's not likely to get much done on the ground.

IT'S ONE GAME! Remember how the sky was falling on the Pats last year in KC? Everyone said it was the end of a dynasty. A flat-out disaster. Then what happened? One of the best offenses in the league after that. And a SB ring.

It's early. It was a bad game. Against a great defense.

The sky is not falling. On CJ or Peyton or that O-line.
Gary Kubiak is not Bill Belichick. We can stop right there.
And Belichek is the only coach who can win in the NFL. This feels like pre-season and a team with a new o-line and a new offense that needs more reps. It's over-reaction season.
I agree that over reaction is occurring. I just wanted to point out that comparing it to the Patriots last year is not a good comparison BECAUSE it is Kubiak and a new system and all those things.

My quick thoughts:

I don't concern over the non-practice today because it is a short week.

I have said this pre-season that Hillman is much more of a legit threat than he ever was before and I think that showed in the very first game. They are obviously comfortable using him in all the facets of the game and he responded well.

I was on the CJ Anderson bandwagon in the early days so I feel like I have given this a good amount of attention all through the process and while I still think he certainly is capable, I am a little concerned about the steady noise around him now with constant nagging issues and stories every week. Regardless of talent, guys that do that get the CJ Spiller treatment as teams just get worn out with them.

I still believe in what I saw last year from CJ. Hillman looks good and CJ looks a bit hobbled, but I do believe we'll see him produce as he did last year - but possibly not for a quite a few weeks :(

I'm thinking of benching him this week - short week, injury concern, but mainly it's a really bad match up. I think the Cheif's D is going to be scary good this year. That said, they did give up some points to a Houston team that doesn't have a legit QB and was running low level back ups out there at RB. :shrug:

If C.J. is questionable Thurs, I'm probably sitting him.

I only have CJ, JStewart and JRandle as legit options. None of them performed well last week but I may bench CJ and start JStew and Randle. #### my life.

I had th 7th pick in the 1st round, had a feeling CJ would be my top option but something didn't feel right - he never felt like he should be a top-10 pick. Nevertheless, I searched some sites and it seemed the consensus was that CJ was primed to be a top back in the league.

So be it. I took the plunge. CJ as my first pick.

Ugh. Knew he didn't deserve it. Should've gone WR first.
It's week 1. Take a step back.
For a top-10 pick, his best case scenario is RBBC in an offense with a back O-line and sub-par passing production. That's best case scenario. Worst case? Don't even wanna talk about it.
Again, take a step back. What you said isn't even true. If he gets healthy, he'll no more be in a RBBC than most any other bell cow. Very few RBs get more than 70% of the touches. Anderson should still get his lion's share and the goal line work. I'm looking to acquire him from people like you right now.

I had th 7th pick in the 1st round, had a feeling CJ would be my top option but something didn't feel right - he never felt like he should be a top-10 pick. Nevertheless, I searched some sites and it seemed the consensus was that CJ was primed to be a top back in the league.

For a top-10 pick, his best case scenario is RBBC in an offense with a back O-line and sub-par passing production. That's best case scenario. Worst case? Don't even wanna talk about it.
Again, take a step back. What you said isn't even true. If he gets healthy, he'll no more be in a RBBC than most any other bell cow. Very few RBs get more than 70% of the touches. Anderson should still get his lion's share and the goal line work. I'm looking to acquire him from people like you right now.
Hey I hope you're right - but what makes you so confident? I wasn't worried about the week 1 game (just ONE game after all) until we learned of CJ's toe injury. That could be very bad. And the O-line just looks awful as well.

If he gets healthy, he'll no more be in a RBBC than most any other bell cow. Very few RBs get more than 70% of the touches. Anderson should still get his lion's share and the goal line work. I'm looking to acquire him from people like you right now.
Are we completely sure CJ is the bell cow? Based on his usage and performance compared to Hillman, I'd say that's a bit of a question.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he gets healthy, he'll no more be in a RBBC than most any other bell cow. Very few RBs get more than 70% of the touches. Anderson should still get his lion's share and the goal line work. I'm looking to acquire him from people like you right now.
Are we completely sure CJ is the bell cow? Based on his usage and performance compared to Hillman and Kubiak's history, I'd say that's a bit of a question.
Hillman sucked to. Difference was 1-13 yard run. More concerned about the play of the 0-line.

Hillman sucked to. Difference was 1-13 yard run. More concerned about the play of the 0-line.
I guess they both sucked, because you could hardly tell a difference between the two running the ball. Though, I don't see it as such good indication for Anderson.

I'm thinking of benching him this week - short week, injury concern, but mainly it's a really bad match up. I think the Cheif's D is going to be scary good this year. That said, they did give up some points to a Houston team that doesn't have a legit QB and was running low level back ups out there at RB. :shrug:

If C.J. is questionable Thurs, I'm probably sitting him.
I picked CJ with the 12th pick and thought it was manna from heaven. :bag: I was able to pick up Hillman late and may trot him out there instead of CJ on Thursday.

CJ played 45 snaps on passing downs. Hillman played 5.

He's still the 3rd down guy. He'll still get GL carries. I expect he will still get more carries than Hillman on a game to game basis.

He'll be fine.

Can't beat yourself up over the pick. RB dependent system with past results, HOF QB, HC who leans on the RB, team with rising defense, it's all there. It all makes sense. You can't predict a toe injury.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but some really odd over the top crowing over him not producing after week 1. Seems like some people are delighting in him not producing, which is weird, if you passed....good for you? Hopefully we don't get the opposite "I told you SO!!!!" nonsense if he has a good game this week, or more of the same if not great.

Best case? Good grief. Week 1 overreaction of the century.

CJ was my 2nd pack after Antonio Brown. It's a PPR league so i had to take AB at 7th pick. I'm worried about CJ but only about 2/10 on a scale. I think it was just a bad game by the whole team and he was still on the field for most of the passing downs. He'll be fine but they play KC this week which may be a struggle again on a short week. I just traded for J. Bell so i'm considering playing him unless DEN says CJ is 100%

Yeah, it's highly probable that Anderson will look even worse after Thursday than he does right now. For those interested in buying low, I'd wait a week, people might start really panicking after this upcoming Chiefs game.

Rotoworld:

C.J. Anderson - RB - Broncos

C.J. Anderson (toe, ankle) was upgraded to a limited practice Tuesday.

On a short week, don't expect Anderson to take many practice reps. He played through the injury Week 1, and the expectation is he'll be fine for Thursday night's AFC West tilt with the Chiefs. Treat Anderson as a mid-to-low RB1.

Sep 15 - 9:43 PM

CJ played 45 snaps on passing downs. Hillman played 5.

He's still the 3rd down guy. He'll still get GL carries. I expect he will still get more carries than Hillman on a game to game basis.

He'll be fine.
And the overall snap count was 57-17.

It seemed like Hillman was in much more than that but clearly not the case. As long as the toe thing doesnt linger, which at this point it looks very minor, then CJA should be fine. There are still some concerns with Peyton and the O-line but the sky is not falling.

Again Bronco homer here, what concerns me about him is his pain tolerance level. He always seems to be limping or favoring something after many of his runs. I question his conditioning at this point as well.

Why will he be fine? He looked HORRiBLE.

This isn't about manning it's about CJ looking super slow and out of shape. Now a toe injury to give Kubrick a reason to pull him for Hillman who clearly looks better both in preseason and 1st game.

He at this point has zero chance to justify a top round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread