What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (2 Viewers)

I understand the disappointment but the OLine is horrid. Peyton is playing with greatly deteriorated arm strength but is surviving with his elite football IQ. All of it spells bad news for the Denver RB.

The hope I have is that since the defense is good they will run more. But the O-line is so bad and Peyton is fading, my main thought is he's already a bust.

I just sold low. CJ, Hillman, Vereen for Gordon, Gio, Agholor.
How is that low?

I would make that trade any day!
NO KIDDING! That's a sell high if I've ever seen one.
As has been said, it's selling low because his stock is way down compared to last year and preseason outlook. Two weeks ago, I would never have done that trade.

I just sold low. CJ, Hillman, Vereen for Gordon, Gio, Agholor.
How is that low?

I would make that trade any day!

Analysis I've read from scouts and GMs is that the O-line isn't good, they'll grow and get better, but the main problem is that there are two very different offenses attempting to coincide where only one can exist.

What we saw in the 2nd half of Denver's last game was a compromise: Kubiak tried to run his offense first half, didn't work. So he let Peyton take over and use his IQ & football acumen to run a shotgun/hurry-up offense. And it worked. They escaped.

But the question is whether Kubiak can let Peyton do that every game. By most accounts, Kubiak wants to run his offense. He's slowly realizing Peyton isn't a good fit for his offense but he's attempting to let Peyton do his thing while still maintaining control over the run game.

Which, again, is not working.

If Kubiak can let Peyton run his offense from the shotgun (like he did last year), the run game will improve.

If he can't, we'll see slow games that mostly rely on defense and stalled drives with little to no FF relevance outside the D.

I'm betting CJ takes over once Peyton takes control of the entire offense.

Analysis I've read from scouts and GMs is that the O-line isn't good, they'll grow and get better, but the main problem is that there are two very different offenses attempting to coincide where only one can exist.

What we saw in the 2nd half of Denver's last game was a compromise: Kubiak tried to run his offense first half, didn't work. So he let Peyton take over and use his IQ & football acumen to run a shotgun/hurry-up offense. And it worked. They escaped.

But the question is whether Kubiak can let Peyton do that every game. By most accounts, Kubiak wants to run his offense. He's slowly realizing Peyton isn't a good fit for his offense but he's attempting to let Peyton do his thing while still maintaining control over the run game.

If Kubiak can let Peyton run his offense from the shotgun (like he did last year), the run game will improve.

If he can't, we'll see slow games that mostly rely on defense and stalled drives with little to no FF relevance outside the D.

This is an outstanding post. It was definitely a tale of two halves. The first half was just plain ugly. Second half was Peyton doing what he can with what physical resources he has left. The problem is, if he does that all season, he's going to get hit a lot and probably won't finish the season. So the dilemma becomes, "Let Peyton carry the team on his back, and take a beating but win more than they lose or keep handing it off to JAG and keep Peyton in check and play against stacked boxes and lose a lot of games."

It sucks, but in order to win, they need to risk Peyton's health which is significant since his next injury could end his HOF career.

Where's the happy medium? Run, run, run, run, then Peyton burns the 1 on 1 coverage as they stack the box to stop the run. He needs to burn the D enough times to keep them honest. That's not happening in the Kubiak offense.

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
Yes. He's a +1 JAG, not a +3 JAG. That distinction is reserved for Mike Evans.
I've always loved guys sitting on their couches at home calling professional athletes JAG's.
Especially the bored "Hawks are the bestest ever" homer and a guy who has posted how great the Bears are the last 2 years.

For me it comes down to his toe injury, if he seems to be 100% I'm starting him. Talk around here is Manning will be in the shotgun most of the time and Denver still wants to run.
This is the week Hillman throws the knock out punch. Even the die hard support group will throw in the towel when Hillman outplays him this week.
We get it, you are all in with Hillman.

I would love to see a link in reference to your scout and GM analysis.

This is an outstanding post. It was definitely a tale of two halves. The first half was just plain ugly. Second half was Peyton doing what he can with what physical resources he has left. The problem is, if he does that all season, he's going to get hit a lot and probably won't finish the season. So the dilemma becomes, "Let Peyton carry the team on his back, and take a beating but win more than they lose or keep handing it off to JAG and keep Peyton in check and play against stacked boxes and lose a lot of games."

It sucks, but in order to win, they need to risk Peyton's health which is significant since his next injury could end his HOF career.

Where's the happy medium? Run, run, run, run, then Peyton burns the 1 on 1 coverage as they stack the box to stop the run. He needs to burn the D enough times to keep them honest. That's not happening in the Kubiak offense.
:lmao: It's one of the worst posts I've ever read. I almost like it it's so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: It's one of the worst posts I've ever read. I almost like it it's so bad.
Lol he recommends run run run, and then throwing. Well that's kind of hard when it's always 3rd and 8-12 thanks to the backs getting stuffed and they know you're going to pass it.

This thread is a #### show.

CJ practiced in full today and faces off against a DET defense who has allowed the most PPG to RBs so far this year. It's a small sample size skewed by AP running all over them last week but Gordon and primarily Woodhead had success vs. them in week 1. Considering the plus match-up and CJ's likely volume (~15 touches) I think you can feel comfortable starting him as a RB2. Hillman on about 10 touches is a bit more risky as a flex, especially in PPR.

I have Hillman and tried to buy low on Anderson because the DEN schedule looks really juicy for running backs over the next few weeks. Couldn't get the deal done though. Hillman is a hold for now to see how things shake out.

CJ says he's completely over toe injury. Time for us owners to see if that was holding him back. I'm not holding my breath, but probably have to start him.

Last edited by a moderator:
CJ says he's completely over toe injury. Time for us owners to see if that was holding him back. I'm not holding my breath, but probably have to start him.
Actually, he says

"I'm impatient, but it's going to be one of those nagging things for the season that I take care of," he said, "

Sorry for mobile link.

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-Aqib-Talib-returns-CJ-Anderson-good-to-go/858a3b04-0d58-4d09-8eec-308b1e4174fd

Actually, he says

"I'm impatient, but it's going to be one of those nagging things for the season that I take care of," he said, "

Sorry for mobile link.http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-Aqib-Talib-returns-CJ-Anderson-good-to-go/858a3b04-0d58-4d09-8eec-308b1e4174fd
Yep, those two things mean exactly the same thing.

Lol he recommends run run run, and then throwing. Well that's kind of hard when it's always 3rd and 8-12 thanks to the backs getting stuffed and they know you're going to pass it.
I meant that the ratio needs to be heavy run, but at key points Peyton needs to burn them with a pass to keep the D honest. He isn't doing that right now when it's run, run, run. When he goes pass happy, they backoff, but they also leave Peyton out to dry a lot more and that's going to get him knocked into retirement..

I almost like Hillman he's so bad.

Actually, he says

Sorry for mobile link.

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Update-Aqib-Talib-returns-CJ-Anderson-good-to-go/858a3b04-0d58-4d09-8eec-308b1e4174fd
Apologie, was in a meeting and I was going off the quick Yahoo blurb.

C.J. Anderson says he's over his toe injury.

Advice: Anderson is practicing in full for Week 3. "I'm fine now," Anderson said. "I don't think it affected me. ... I'm expecting results. That's just the honest truth." Anderson is off to a brutal start, but has had 10 days to get his mind and body right for Sunday's game against the Lions. He's a mid-range RB2 for Week 3.

More: denverbroncos.com

Actually, he says

Sorry for mobile link.

Advice: Anderson is practicing in full for Week 3. "I'm fine now," Anderson said. "I don't think it affected me. ... I'm expecting results. That's just the honest truth." Anderson is off to a brutal start, but has had 10 days to get his mind and body right for Sunday's game against the Lions. He's a mid-range RB2 for Week 3.

Bolded part concerns me. He doesn't "think it affected [him]"?!?! If he doesn't think it affected him, then how are we supposed to trust his own opinion of his performance and expectations?

It affected him. Cleeeeeearly. So I'm not sure I trust his own analysis of his game.

Actually, he says

Sorry for mobile link.

Bolded part concerns me. He doesn't "think it affected [him]"?!?! If he doesn't think it affected him, then how are we supposed to trust his own opinion of his performance and expectations?

It affected him. Cleeeeeearly. So I'm not sure I trust his own analysis of his game.
it seemed clear to me that the whole offence was an issue until the second half of the second game

Actually, he says

Sorry for mobile link.

I wouldn't read that much into it. He's a 24 year old football player who doesn't want to admit a toe injury affected his play. I think CJ is going to show some business this weekend.

Actually, he says"I'm impatient, but it's going to be one of those nagging things for the season that I take care of," he said, "

Sorry for mobile link.

Apologie, was in a meeting and I was going off the quick Yahoo blurb.C.J. Anderson says he's over his toe injury.

I was thinking the same thing. I am sure these guys watch game film. It was obvious to all of the amateurs on this website that Hillman ran better. I would have to think it was obvious to him. My hope has been it was the toe dragging him down. That a healthy CJ is better then Hillman. But he doesn't think so.

Actually, he says"I'm impatient, but it's going to be one of those nagging things for the season that I take care of," he said, "

Sorry for mobile link.

Apologie, was in a meeting and I was going off the quick Yahoo blurb.C.J. Anderson says he's over his toe injury.

I was thinking the same thing. I am sure these guys watch game film. It was obvious to all of the amateurs on this website that Hillman ran better. I would have to think it was obvious to him. My hope has been it was the toe dragging him down. That a healthy CJ is better then Hillman. But he doesn't think so.
I took it as a stab at the O-line, like get your f'ing game together boys.

Actually, he says

Sorry for mobile link.

I wouldn't read that much into it. He's a 24 year old football player who doesn't want to admit a toe injury affected his play. I think CJ is going to show some business this weekend.
I agree. He knows it affected him because he's being asked if it affected him and he's answering to that. These are tough minded people.

Ok question for the panel:

- Is CJ Anderson at this moment a trade-for or trade-away?

My theory is that maybe Kubiak hands control back to Manning, he gets off the line and defenses are forced to spread out again. I think he's got a nice 'get better' matchup with the Lions right in front of him.

My theory is that maybe Kubiak hands control back to Manning, he gets off the line and defenses are forced to spread out again. I think he's got a nice 'get better' matchup with the Lions right in front of him.
This is what I'm thinking/hoping. See things aren't working, let's get back to shotgun and spread everyone out.

I think he is tough to trade either way. He has been dreadful so no one is going to give you close to his draft value. I would like to trade him but I am not willing to get rid of my second round pick for nothing. I am hoping he has a good game against Detroit so I can get something decent for him.

I traded him after week 1 in one league and am trying to trade for him in another. Sent two different lowball offers after the owner put out a message that he was taking offers.

Again, as long as the toe injury isn't too bad I think he has some good weeks coming up.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold said C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman will continue to "split" carries.

"Ronnie has looked the best, but he's not very big, so I think he has a threshold regardless of how great he's doing," Legwold said. "C.J. is going to be an early-down guy a lot of the time. But when all is said and done, both are going to get plenty of carries." Legwold added touchdowns will likely go to whomever has the "hot hand." Anderson played 74 percent of the snaps Week 1 and 57 percent Week 2 despite playing through a toe injury. Anderson will get the majority of the work if he can prove healthy and effective, but Hillman has earned and deserves a role all season.

Related: Ronnie Hillman

Source: ESPN

Sep 26 - 12:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/181082/fantasy-mailbag-dont-give-up-yet-on-c-j-anderson-jeremy-hill

This guy is SUCH a ####ing bum. It's painful. He gains 4 yards on one play and it's like we won the lottery.

Timmy Smith laughs at what a one-hit wonder this guy is.

As I watch is game I am reminded by the following

"This guy has Eddie Lacy potential"

"This is nothing like Monte Ball situation from last year"

Users who are viewing this thread