What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (1 Viewer)

C.J. Anderson will reportedly be the first running back off the bench behind Todd Gurley on Sunday.

"You can see [Anderson] playing a role as early as this week," coach Sean McVay said. "Really impressed just being around him in the initial 24 hours, or whatever it's been." This type of conjecture would normally be tossed out and left to rot as coach-speak, but McVay specifically mentioned his offensive scheme wasn't all that different from Anderson's previous offenses. As it stands, Gurley is expected to suit up without getting a single practice in. We expect Anderson and sixth-round rookie John Kelly to be active, too, all perhaps getting involved against the Cardinals on Sunday.

Source: TheRams.com 

Dec 21 - 1:57 PM

ESPN's Lindsey Thiry reports C.J. Anderson will start if Todd Gurley (knee) doesn't play this week.

This confirms earlier reports that Anderson is ahead of John Kelly. Anderson just signed this week, but he'll be on the streaming radar as the touch-favorite in the Rams offense. Justin Davis (questionable, shoulder) isn't expected to play Sunday.

Source: Lindsey Thiry on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 4:25 PM

The Frankman said:
So... who is "truly desperate" around here?
Me.

CJA, Kelly, or Shady will be manning my RB2 behind RB1 stud Elijah McGuire. 

My roster looks infinitely less intimidating with Conner and Gurley out. 

Debating starting him at flex over Fournette/Michel/Jeffrey.

Prob the move that costs me the title.
I'm debating between him and Breida and Doug Baldwin. Breida played well and not on the injury list but it'll be tough going against the Bears. I see the report saying Anderson is the first one off the bench but i don't trust that he'll get the majority of touches 

But I'm with you. I'm really struggling with this one. Bench him and he probably goes off. Blah 

Looks like CJ is playing for a job opportunity next year.  20 carries for 167 yards and a TD with 5 minutes left in the game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I started him over D. Pettis at the last minute when Gurley was ruled out - that turned out to be a good decision.

Cj Anderson‏Verified account @cjandersonb22

Follow Follow @cjandersonb22

More

Last thing before i get off Twitter tonight if I help you win your Fantasy championship today I would love if you can donate to @DNDFoundation22 click on the name website in the bio see what we are doing for the youth in Vallejo and Houston

9:06 PM - 23 Dec 2018

:thumbup:

Unprecedented. At least, I can’t think of another instance of a player who (this time last week) was unemployed and then went on to have such a huge game Championship week on a new team. Crazy.

There are some teams that need to be looking at him as a lead back next year instead of burning a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a rookie.  The guy can obviously still play.

I started him over D. Pettis at the last minute when Gurley was ruled out - that turned out to be a good decision.
I started Pettis over him in one.  Kelly did wind up getting 10 touches.  If you'd said before the game, another RB would get 10 carries--no way I feel good about starting him.  Pettis was red hot.  I need Phillip Lindsey to finish with <7.  😕

Conclusions:

1) CJ Anderson is pretty good. Not spectacular, but fully capable of performing given the opportunity.

2) Norv Turner is a moron.

Neither of these things should be surprising. 

I started Pettis over him in one.  Kelly did wind up getting 10 touches.  If you'd said before the game, another RB would get 10 carries--no way I feel good about starting him.  Pettis was red hot.  I need Phillip Lindsey to finish with <7.  😕
As a Rams fan that watched the game I just want to be clear that most of Kelly's touches came at the end of the game when Goff was benched as well. CJA dominated the snaps with the starters this week.

Looks like CJ is playing for a job opportunity next year.  20 carries for 167 yards and a TD with 5 minutes left in the game. 
It's is M.O. Work ### off, secure contract, fool a team into giving him cash, eat, get lazy, get demoted, get cut.

Conclusions:

1) CJ Anderson is pretty good. Not spectacular, but fully capable of performing given the opportunity.

I wouldn't faulty Turner for this guys lack of desire to play after securing a contract. He's been cut from 2 teams for not putting out effort. I've owned him and seen his gig in action.

I wouldn't faulty Turner for this guys lack of desire to play after securing a contract. He's been cut from 2 teams for not putting out effort. I've owned him and seen his gig in action.
Yes, you said that before, with as little support as you just provided now. In Anderson's last year in Denver he had the best year of his career. Carolina didn't use him at all despite the fact that he was playing fine. 

Yes, you said that before, with as little support as you just provided now. In Anderson's last year in Denver he had the best year of his career. Carolina didn't use him at all despite the fact that he was playing fine. 
I know you gotta defend him cause he's from CAL but he's a lazy bum. Best year and they cut him. That's all you need to know about this guy's lack of desire.

Oh, I forgot that he couldn't' even secure a job on the Raiders last month. That's a bum.

I know you gotta defend him cause he's from CAL but he's a lazy bum. Best year and they cut him. That's all you need to know about this guy's lack of desire.

Oh, I forgot that he couldn't' even secure a job on the Raiders last month. That's a bum.
Just like Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.

How many times are you going to repeat this?  The situations are completely different.  
As many times as someone says "but he was cut by the Raiders!" as if that means anything about his capabilities. With no practice on a new team, he just had a better game than any Raider running back has had since 2011. (Darren McFadden, 19/171/2).

lod001 said:

That might be saying more about bad decision making by the Raiders than about Anderson.  The Raiders have turned over a lot of players this year and some have went on to do well in other cities.

Conclusions:

1) Pretty impressive game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdylPHn3n8 Almost like the guy is talented enough to be a committee player in the NFL.

2) Norv is awful. It was painful watching him run the Chargers into the ground after their inept GM fired Marty Schottenheimer. But Cam Newton can help make a bad OC look decent. The weird thing to me was that I watched Norv pull the much more talented Ryan Mathews for Tolbert time and time again, so it seemed natural that he'd give CJA some touches because CJA is like a better version of Tolbert. 

I can't argue with the results, though. CMC has looked great and held up well. I just didn't trust Norv to actually use him that much. 99% of the time, buying into coach speak or expecting coaches to drastically change their patterns will be wrong. But 1% of the time you get this

23/132/1 plus 3/22 today, on a lot of strong running.

Going to the playoffs on the top seed. Denver, Carolina, Oakland going home. The guy can play. He'll sit back down when Gurley's back, change of pace back at most if Gurley's healthy, but he should be on a roster somewhere and getting a significant portion of carries.

23/132/1 plus 3/22 today, on a lot of strong running.

Going to the playoffs on the top seed. Denver, Carolina, Oakland going home. The guy can play. He'll sit back down when Gurley's back, change of pace back at most if Gurley's healthy, but he should be on a roster somewhere and getting a significant portion of carries.
Right, you really believe in a guy cut by 3 teams, who just happened to go up against two really bad teams who had nothing to play for. ROTFLMAO

Except Carolina and Oakland and his last year in Denver was nothing.  I think you started your New Years celebration a little early there bud.
Carolina: 4.3 YPC

Oakland: Didn't play

Denver 2017: 4.1 YPC, 1007 yards rushing, 28/224 receiving.

All evidence is that he's better than (at least) Howard, Blount, Fournette, Barber, Hyde, and a whole host of complementary backs.

Carolina: 4.3 YPC

Oakland: Didn't play

Denver 2017: 4.1 YPC, 1007 yards rushing, 28/224 receiving.

All evidence is that he's better than (at least) Howard, Blount, Fournette, Barber, Hyde, and a whole host of complementary backs.
Ok Mancrush, Saying he is better than Howard or Fournette is laughable. The other guys along with CJ are just JAGS at this point in their careers and have no value going forward.

So is your stance that he should not be on a roster?  
At this point he could be dropped unless you want to carry a handcuff. Gurley will be back and CJ's usage will drop off a cliff, if you want to carry a handcuff he is fine but as a contributing player going forward he will be worthless.

At this point he could be dropped unless you want to carry a handcuff. Gurley will be back and CJ's usage will drop off a cliff, if you want to carry a handcuff he is fine but as a contributing player going forward he will be worthless.
Yes, he would have very limited value behind Gurley. But he's an unrestricted free agent and has a number of potential landing spots where he would have value either as a lead back or a #2 option in an RBBC.

He just had two games in a row which were better than any game Fournette or Howard had this year, and his career YPC is almost a yard better than Fournette's (4.5 YPC to 3.7). I don't think Jacksonville is going to bring in CJA but all of the evidence is that CJA is a solid power back, and someone will want him.

Yes, he would have very limited value behind Gurley. But he's an unrestricted free agent and has a number of potential landing spots where he would have value either as a lead back or a #2 option in an RBBC.

He just had two games in a row which were better than any game Fournette or Howard had this year, and his career YPC is almost a yard better than Fournette's (4.5 YPC to 3.7). I don't think Jacksonville is going to bring in CJA but all of the evidence is that CJA is a solid power back, and someone will want him.
He had two games in a row in one of the best RB systems and OLs in football.  

I can't believe people are still comparing a RB on Team A to another RB on a completely different team B.

He had two games in a row in one of the best RB systems and OLs in football.  

I can't believe people are still comparing a RB on Team A to another RB on a completely different team B.
The point is he has value and likely will be on a roster next year and in the right system he can be successful as he has shown.

Users who are viewing this thread