What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (3 Viewers)

He was awful in Oakland.  For whatever reason.  Might have been Carr, but Carr is still the QB.  Cooper wasn't going to suddenly turn it around and be a stud in Oakland.  It was a fantastic trade for Oakland, what Cooper did in a new offense with a new QB is irrelevant.  He sucked in oakland and that likely would have continued.
Uh, he had two 1000-yard Pro Bowl seasons in Oakland.

What was the issue his last season there?
The team was imploding. Which is my point. To say "but Anderson was cut by the Raiders!" when all the evidence is that the team was imploding, and a bunch of people left the team and had success in their next stop (including Anderson), shows that being cut by the Raiders isn't indication of a performance issue.

The team was imploding. Which is my point. To say "but Anderson was cut by the Raiders!" when all the evidence is that the team was imploding, and a bunch of people left the team and had success in their next stop (including Anderson), shows that being cut by the Raiders isn't indication of a performance issue.
Never said it was. Sometimes players just aren't working with their current system, qb, coach, city, teammates, etc. Whatever the situation was, if the team was imploding or whatever the case, he was no longer a good fit there and wasn't performing well there.  Given all those circumstances, no the Raiders shouldn't have kept him at that point and yes I think a 1st round pick (which they had no idea would end up 27th) was a fantastic return for them. Most people were shocked they got that. 

Free agent RB C.J. Anderson will work out for the Texans on Tuesday.

The Texans have quickly written off Duke Johnson as an early-down option, and Carlos Hyde came back down to earth in Week 3. 28-year-old CJA still had plenty of juice left in his legs down the stretch for the Rams last season. If not the Texans, he figures to sign somewhere soon.

RELATED: 

Houston Texans

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Sep 24, 2019, 1:35 PM ET

Houston would be a nice landing spot for Anderson IMO. Despite talk to the contrary prior to week 1, it's clear the team doesn't see Duke as a workhorse. And after a solid week 1, Hyde is showing signs of the guy we saw the past few years rather than the emerging stud in his first few years.

Houston would be a nice landing spot for Anderson IMO. Despite talk to the contrary prior to week 1, it's clear the team doesn't see Duke as a workhorse. And after a solid week 1, Hyde is showing signs of the guy we saw the past few years rather than the emerging stud in his first few years.
The problem is that this may become a 3-headed RBBC monster. Yes, Duke hasn't proven to be a workhorse, and Hyde hasn't been terrible, just variable.

It's a good depth signing for HOU, but I'd much rather see CJA go to the Giants where his chances for a meaningful role from a fantasy perspective are more significant (until Barkley is back to full speed). 

So Duke Johnson cannot be relied on as part of a 50/50 or 60/40 split? That's what we are hearing. Guess the Browns knew. 

I thought for sure that Duke could catch 50-75 balls in this offense and look good doing it...hmmmm

I thought the NYG would run to sign this guy. 

So Duke Johnson cannot be relied on as part of a 50/50 or 60/40 split? That's what we are hearing. Guess the Browns knew. 

I thought for sure that Duke could catch 50-75 balls in this offense and look good doing it...hmmmm

I thought the NYG would run to sign this guy. 
It's hard for RBs to get check down work when the QB is more apt to just tuck it and run.

The problem is that this may become a 3-headed RBBC monster. Yes, Duke hasn't proven to be a workhorse, and Hyde hasn't been terrible, just variable.

It's a good depth signing for HOU, but I'd much rather see CJA go to the Giants where his chances for a meaningful role from a fantasy perspective are more significant (until Barkley is back to full speed). 
I don't disagree, but in NY, there's no guarantee that he would leapfrog Gallman (who is very good in the passing game) and the Giants will likely be throwing the ball a lot. Plus, it would be a relatively short term opening assuming Barkley is out only a month or so.

In Houston, he could conceivably take the job for good and, quote/unquote, run with it.

It's hard for RBs to get check down work when the QB is more apt to just tuck it and run.
Or holds the ball until he gets sacked. He won't make it through the season if he plays like he did last week.

CJ Anderson obviously ate all the food he had stored up and needs a payday to restock the shelves.

He looks nothing like the back that was a force with the Rams.  Entire offseason at Hometown Buffet.  Non-factor wherever he goes.

Judge Smails said:
He looks nothing like the back that was a force with the Rams.  Entire offseason at Hometown Buffet.  Non-factor wherever he goes.
This is exactly what he looked like while on the Rams?

Cowboysfan8 said:
He’s got his Dallas hater goggles on

:lol:
Do people on this board watch football? Cooper was a terrible fit for a rebuilding Raiders team and getting a first for him was a great move.

That said, Cooper has been great for a Cowboys team that has SB aspirations this year and was probably worth the trade. Both teams can benefit from a trade.

Do people on this board watch football? Cooper was a terrible fit for a rebuilding Raiders team and getting a first for him was a great move.

That said, Cooper has been great for a Cowboys team that has SB aspirations this year and was probably worth the trade. Both teams can benefit from a trade.
:yes:

Currently watching TannerSlays on Twitch, and he partied up with CJ Anderson (along with TSM Viss) to play some Apex Legends.

When they grouped up, CJ Anderson was absolutely pumped, talking about some huge great news that he couldn't share yet, but it's been news he's been waiting for and couldn't be more excited about. He said he couldn't say anything else about it now, but news should be out there soon.

Obviously it could mean absolutely nothing, Anderson is very active in the gaming community and is extremely charitable so it might have something to do with those and nothing to do with football, but it may be worth a speculative add for those with deeper benches. Weirdest place I think I've ever potentially scooped news from though if there's something to it.

Leaguemate of mine says CJA is helping Topgolf get into esports...that could be his big news, idk.

I already owned him in one league and scooped in another just in case. Fairly deep roster dynasties. 

Users who are viewing this thread