Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
JetMaxx

CJ Anderson

Combined rush att./rec stats:

Ball = 64 touches for 234/1

Anderson = 38 touches for 279/1

This says it all! Ball did absolutely NOTHING to warrant getting his job back. I have to imagine they look at game film from Sunday and realiE Anderson is the best RB on their roster

Yeah I doubt they had any idea who was the best back after a month of straight practices and preseason games.

• Like 2

Funny.....the remarks made about Ball here were eerily similar to the remarks made about Mark Ingram before he became fantasy gold this year.

Just saying.

• Like 2

Funny.....the remarks made about Ball here were eerily similar to the remarks made about Mark Ingram before he became fantasy gold this year.

Just saying.

maybe 2015 or 2016 will be Ball's time to shine?

Edited by FlapJacks
  • Like 1

Just saying.

The remarks directed towards Ingram for years, not weeks. If Ball is going to follow in Mark Ingram's footsteps it will be 2016 until he is fantasy gold, and this year will surely be a disappointment.

Just saying.

I am hesitant to believe that dropping 12 lbs (or whatever) in 4 weeks without being able to do any type of football agility drills and only limited cardio for some of that time will lead to markedly improved results for Ball.

I am more willing to accept that the offensive line may be improving which would allow Ball to perform better without a change in his actual skill set. The only problem with that theory is the fact that Adam Gase specifically called out the offensive line for poor play after the New England game AND they took a look at Richie Incognito this week (not a ringing endorsement for the guys already in the fold).

I think signing Incognito would be a good thing for the Denver line, say what you will about him but he is one tough S.O.B. and would bring an intensity that seems to be missing from the Denver O-line.

This says it all! Ball did absolutely NOTHING to warrant getting his job back. I have to imagine they look at game film from Sunday and realiE Anderson is the best RB on their roster

Yeah I doubt they had any idea who was the best back after a month of straight practices and preseason games.

You are clueless!! He's starting because of his lofty draft position, not because he's more talented than CJ... Anderdon looked better than Ball has ever looked

You are clueless!! He's starting because of his lofty draft position, not because he's more talented than CJ... Anderdon looked better than Ball has ever looked

You are clueless!! He's starting because of his lofty draft position, not because he's more talented than CJ... Anderdon looked better than Ball has ever looked in one game against the Raiders. I base all my decisions on what I saw on TV last week. I can do basic math. And sometimes use it to question the motives of the coaching staffs of NFL teams.

Fixed.

Edited by DropKick

You are clueless!! He's starting because of his lofty draft position, not because he's more talented than CJ... Anderdon looked better than Ball has ever looked in one game against the Raiders. I base all my decisions on what I saw on TV last week. I can do basic math. And sometimes use it to question the motives of the coaching staffs of NFL teams.

Fixed.

now just post it 2 more times.
  • Like 1

Dynasty owners:

In terms of rookie draft pick(s), what would you deem to be current fair value for CJ Anderson?

A third round pick. Anderson has been the third back in the offense all season and hasn't proven anything yet. He has a chance and that is why he is worth a third round pick, but I wouldn't give away a second round pick.

Anybody that's been holding in dynasty finally saw a glimpse of what they hoped for. You don't stash guys like CJ with the hopes of dealing them for a 3rd round pick. Nobody that held is giving him up for less than a 2nd at this moment.

ETA: CJ Anderson is the 5th RB in Denver Broncos history to have a game with 70+ rushing yards and 70+ receiving yards. Guys that have proven far less go for far more.

Edited by ORC

Dynasty owners:

In terms of rookie draft pick(s), what would you deem to be current fair value for CJ Anderson?

A third round pick. Anderson has been the third back in the offense all season and hasn't proven anything yet. He has a chance and that is why he is worth a third round pick, but I wouldn't give away a second round pick.

Anybody that's been holding in dynasty finally saw a glimpse of what they hoped for. You don't stash guys like CJ with the hopes of dealing them for a 3rd round pick. Nobody that held is giving him up for less than a 2nd at this moment.

ETA: CJ Anderson is the 5th RB in Denver Broncos history to have a game with 70+ rushing yards and 70+ receiving yards. Guys that have proven far less go for far more.

That's my opinion. A third round pick. He hasn't proven anything yet and I would bet that Ball will be starting this week. Hillman will be back. Guys like this surface every year--once in a rare moon they become a good starting RB for a good stretch of years. Most of the time they bomb out or disappear. He is worth a third round pick because he could become something but the odds are against it. I would much rather have a second round pick, which is likely to yield a WR drafted in the second round or a RB drafted in the third.

Is he a start this week for those who need a BYE filler?

Absolutely. Ball may start (I don't believe it though), but Anderson will get the bulk.

Against Oakland. One of the worst run defenses and worst overall defenses in the league. Ball played against the KC, Seattle, and AZ(got hurt). Not sure I'd anoint Anderson too quickly.

Is he a start this week for those who need a BYE filler?

Absolutely. Ball may start (I don't believe it though), but Anderson will get the bulk.

How can you say this? There is absolutely nothing to support your statement that if Ball plays Anderson will get the most work

• Like 1

There is a lot of wild speculation in this thread. Based on foxes comments, the healthy RB will get the start and play. Ball is still listed #1 on the depth chart and he is healthy. Based on that, I think we see a 50/50 split this week, with ball eased back Into a full workhorse role in week 12

Edited by ahartig

When deciding whether you want to ever roster a Broncos RB, I don't think you should only consider how frustrating it would be to figure out playing time from week to week. I think you also need to consider that you'll be forced to read these threads.

And that simply isn't worth it. So thanks, guys, you've made the decision very easy for me!!

• Like 3

When deciding whether you want to ever roster a Broncos RB, I don't think you should only consider how frustrating it would be to figure out playing time from week to week. I think you also need to consider that you'll be forced to read these threads.

And that simply isn't worth it. So thanks, guys, you've made the decision very easy for me!!

Good point.

Plucked CJ off the waiver wire today just like I did last year but nothing ever materialized. He'll sit until I see more behind Ingram and Vereen. I heard the hype in 2013 as to how good this young kid was. He looked pretty good last week :)

Against Oakland. One of the worst run defenses and worst overall defenses in the league. Ball played against the KC, Seattle, and AZ(got hurt). Not sure I'd anoint Anderson too quickly.

I drafted Ball and hoped he would start producing, but CJ looked pretty good on limited touches earlier in the season too, not just last week. I think it is safe to assume Ball gets more than 50% of the workload if he's healthy, however CJ seems to have earned an expanded role and he's produced more fantasy points on far fewer touches compared to Ball.

I drafted Ball and hoped he would start producing, but CJ looked pretty good on limited touches earlier in the season too, not just last week. I think it is safe to assume Ball gets more than 50% of the workload if he's healthy, however CJ seems to have earned an expanded role and he's produced more fantasy points on far fewer touches compared to Ball.

It is very difficult to judge CJ's ability based on 37 career carries and 8 receptions.

His career game logs are:

4-22 (2013)

3-16 (2013)

4-27 (2014)

5-31 (2014)

2- -1, 1-1 (2014)

2-9 (2014)

1-0 (2014)

3-18, 3-33 (2014)

13-90, 4-73-1 (last Sunday)

That's not much to go on and combining those limited touches and reducing it down to a career 5.7 ypa is incredibly simplistic and likely carries no weight. A nice ypa on extremely limited touches doesn't tell you much about how he will perform in the 4th quarter of a game after getting battered on 20+ touches and who knows how many blocks in pass protection.

Love what I saw last week but still only willing to be cautiously optimistic.

In his favor is the fact that he may be leaned on more heavily against the Rams with Hillman out, Thompson nursing a knee and Ball in, maybe, his first game back from a groin injury. That could play out quite well for C.J., just like it did for Hillman for four games.

The thing I like about Anderson is that on almost every carry he gets something on his own, and he plays exactly how a 5'8, 215-220 pound guy with good feet should play -- his shiftiness and low center of gravity let him slip a lot of tackles. He's also decisive and appears to be pretty good in the receiving game.

I thought those things before his rookie season based on his measurables, so the fact that early on-field results match up gives me a lot more confidence than I'd have otherwise. i.e. it's not just based on the 40-some touches.

The thing I like about Anderson is that on almost every carry he gets something on his own, and he plays exactly how a 5'8, 215-220 pound guy with good feet should play -- his shiftiness and low center of gravity let him slip a lot of tackles. He's also decisive and appears to be pretty good in the receiving game.

I thought those things before his rookie season based on his measurables, so the fact that early on-field results match up gives me a lot more confidence than I'd have otherwise. i.e. it's not just based on the 40-some touches.

Again, small sample size. I would like to see more of him so we can find out how he holds up after his 20 carry in a game and 200th carry on the season.

Speculative add with good upside for redraft but until either CJ, Ball or Hillman leaves Denver I am not sure what his long term value will be.

I really think he passes the eyeball test. I really don't care what the numbers say. The only thing that matters to me is whether Manning trusts him to pick up the blitz. If you were ever going to trust him in your lineup, this is the week.

I really want to flex him but would have to do so over Martavis, Edelman, or Roddy in a .5ppr fo WRs only. Probably not going to happen but I'll be rooting for a wildly successful game either way.

For me its between CJ or Bradshaw. Leaning toward CJ...

Ahmad Bradshaw?

Bradshaw has 714 yards, 34 receptions and 8 TDs through 9 games. How is he even available on your WW? And why would anyone consider CJ over him?

I still think if Ball has normal/good practices all week, Fox will roll him out there for a normal workload. Not saying I agree, but Fox is oldschool and Ball has earned Fox's and Manning's trust in pass protection. If this plays out as suggested, I see a 60/40 split with Ball getting majority. If Ball is limited all week, then it may flip to Anderson earning the 60%

Either way, I'm probably staying away. STL rush D looked good last week against AZ (and most of the year) and I wouldn't expect much from any starting RB from DN except maybe 60 yds and 25% chance at a TD. I usually look at the ceiling instead of the floor on my flex plays, so I'm looking elsewhere this week.

Traded away Jamaal today for DeMarco who's on bye this week. That owner desperately needs RB points from his RB1 so he made the trade. I did this after having picked up Anderson via blind bidding yesterday. I think Anderson is good for at least 10pts in PPR scoring this week with upside to the high teens.

Wouldn't have done it had I not had confidence in Anderson this week.

Ahmad Bradshaw?

Bradshaw has 714 yards, 34 receptions and 8 TDs through 9 games. How is he even available on your WW? And why would anyone consider CJ over him?

They're both in my team not on the WW....

If CJ get the start, I will highly consider starting CJ over Bradshaw.

Ahmad Bradshaw?

Ugh I can see why because of the upside, but Bradshaw has literally been a paragon of consistency for a late round/waiver wire draft/pickup while its not really known how it's going to play with CJ. I don't think I could start CJ over Bradshaw and I have them both as well.

Ahmad Bradshaw?

How do you plan on knowing whether CJ will start or not? If Ball is inactive (doesn't look like it) then I understand this move, but if they're both active, how would we ever know who will get the start until it happens?

I would personally temper expectations here. Unless I'm wrong, I thought the Rams run D has been decent lately. Also add that Denver is a pass first team, and Ball appears healthy. I'm not saying Anderson couldn't get most of the carries and have a great game. He could. Just be prepared for the chance that he's a bust this week as well. IMO.

Yahoo has him as just a two-of-five star matchup.

FantasyPros has him ranked #17.

Confus.

I picked him up and dropped Bryce Brown. Now I fully expect him to ride the pine and Brown to become the feature back in Buffalo.

This #### is a crapshoot.

Traded away Jamaal today for DeMarco who's on bye this week. That owner desperately needs RB points from his RB1 so he made the trade. I did this after having picked up Anderson via blind bidding yesterday. I think Anderson is good for at least 10pts in PPR scoring this week with upside to the high teens.

How much did it cost you to get CJ?

Ahmad Bradshaw?

Gotcha. Still can't imagine starting CJ over Bradshaw in any format. Bradshaw has been tremendous this year.

Yahoo has him as just a two-of-five star matchup.

FantasyPros has him ranked #17.

Confus.

He doesn't get to be the feature back against the Raiders every week.

#17 seems pretty good to me, unless we get news that Ball is out for Sunday.

Where would you rank him?

with Murray off, my option was NEP J.Gray or go to WW and bid high on a dropped Gore, JStew or Anderson

I chose Anderson ... ya'll talking about Ball isn't making me feel really secure right now :)

with Murray off, my option was NEP J.Gray or go to WW and bid high on a dropped Gore, JStew or Anderson

I chose Anderson ... ya'll talking about Ball isn't making me feel really secure right now :)

anderson might not even start and prob wont get the goal lines carries, and will be back on the bench in under a month.

gore is starting against the worst giants run defense in team history that just gave up 350 rushing yards and 5 rushing tds last week alone. personally, thats a no contest on picking up and using gore.

How much did it cost you to get CJ?

$200 of a fictional $1000 budget.

Rotoworld:

C.J. Anderson - RB - Broncos

The Denver Post's Mike Klis believes C.J. Anderson is "the Broncos' best running back."

Keep in mind this is just a beat reporter's opinion -- and must be taken with a grain of salt -- but it's notable from a longtime beat writer of Klis' experience. Publicly, coach John Fox has stated the Broncos will ride the "hot hand" and feature "who's healthy." Anderson fits both of those criteria. Klis expects the Broncos to be "cautious" with Montee Ball in his return from a multi-week groin injury, and for Juwan Thompson to remain the third-stringer. Ronnie Hillman (foot) is expected to miss at least 2-3 weeks.

Source: Denver Post

Nov 12 - 9:54 PM