What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 MBSL League 1 - Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please start a draft thread. Picks will be done on this board and tracked at mfl. Clock starts tomorrow at 8 am.

Someone please start a draft thread. Picks will be done on this board and tracked at mfl. Clock starts tomorrow at 8 am.
So I pick here or MFL? or both?
You pick here as top priority. Then as people have time (I should be able to keep up with a lot of it) we will transfer the picks over to the MFL site, so people can track over there too. If you have time, feel free to draft at the MFL site too, that way owners will know when they are OTC.

I prefer Mfl first so you don't have to rely on pms and have an accurate list of players taken

At some point in the last year or so someone sent me an excel spreadsheet that was specifically set up to assist someone keeping up with a draft thread like this. Anyone have a copy of that or know who it was that created it?

At some point in the last year or so someone sent me an excel spreadsheet that was specifically set up to assist someone keeping up with a draft thread like this. Anyone have a copy of that or know who it was that created it?
Google spreadsheet would be the best

REALLY Important to get everybody signed up on the site so they can get draft update emails

ALSO need to make sure that picks are posted here AND PMs sent (I sent one to Shadowfax jic)

GREAT work by bro1ncos but we ALL need to pull on the oars

I know it's day one of the draft and some were confused and Bass didn't send out PMs about the start but really this is worse than watching paint dry .......

I know it's day one of the draft and some were confused and Bass didn't send out PMs about the start but really this is worse than watching paint dry .......
As you said it's day one so people are probably still finding their way to the draft. It's only been 5 hours since the first pick and we've had 4 picks.

If you're this upset already, maybe you shouldn't have signed up for the "slow" draft. Relax.

As you said it's day one so people are probably still finding their way to the draft. It's only been 5 hours since the first pick and we've had 4 picks.

If you're this upset already, maybe you shouldn't have signed up for the "slow" draft. Relax.
Not that you care but I had to choose the slow method because of work obligations ... BUT I didn't choose the Super Slo Mo option - we won't finish round one on the first day - not sure I have ever seen that before - yeah I know we were supposed to start yesterday and no one get PM or email notice last night (Bass) or today but people should be ready to make a first round pick.

I will chill and we will have to cut the time limits if this continues - won't bother me but will be a problem for others

Not that you care but I had to choose the slow method because of work obligations ... BUT I didn't choose the Super Slo Mo option - we won't finish round one on the first day - not sure I have ever seen that before - yeah I know we were supposed to start yesterday and no one get PM or email notice last night (Bass) or today but people should be ready to make a first round pick.

I will chill and we will have to cut the time limits if this continues - won't bother me but will be a problem for others
Hoping your the first one gone ;)

:bs:

I didn't have to look very hard considering the last draft you were in (SSL2) took 2-3 days for the first round. And in fact, every SSL and PDSL this year, except PDSL1, took more than 1 day for the first round.

1.01 1. HitNRun Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Tue Apr 30 11:05:40 p.m. ET 2013

1.02 2. Nittany Lion Foster, Arian HOU RB Tue Apr 30 11:57:51 p.m. ET 2013

1.03 3. Fiddles Martin, Doug TBB RB Wed May 1 8:21:27 a.m. ET 2013

1.04 4. Captain Hook Spiller, C.J. BUF RB Wed May 1 11:18:30 a.m. ET 2013

1.05 5. Menobrown Richardson, Trent CLE RB Wed May 1 1:38:11 p.m. ET 2013

1.06 6. Comet Johnson, Calvin DET WR Wed May 1 2:21:28 p.m. ET 2013

1.07 7. Dpeease Brees, Drew NOS QB Wed May 1 7:27:12 p.m. ET 2013

1.08 8. Shadowfax Graham, Jimmy NOS TE Wed May 1 7:27:32 p.m. ET 2013

1.09 9. KRSone21 Rice, Ray BAL RB Wed May 1 7:27:33 p.m. ET 2013

1.10 10. Carolina Hustler Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB Wed May 1 8:31:17 p.m. ET 2013

1.11 11. Renesauz McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Wed May 1 8:31:18 p.m. ET 2013

1.12 12. Fullback Fro Charles, Jamaal KCC RB Wed May 1 9:52:11 p.m. ET 2013

1.13 13. Broadway G Jones, Julio ATL WR Wed May 1 9:52:12 p.m. ET 2013

1.14 14. Go Pack Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB Wed May 1 10:02:24 p.m. ET 2013

1.15 15. Jeff Pasquino Morris, Alfred WAS RB Thu May 2 10:31:27 a.m. ET 2013

[SIZE=11pt]1.16 16. Ministry of Pain Johnson, Chris TEN RB Thu May 2 10:37:06 a.m. ET 2013[/SIZE]

i do apologize for my delay. i have signed up for messages form MFL. i will also give my cell to some folks here. I can access FBG from work but not MFL, so if i get a text i can hop in real quick

peace

I am typically free all day for lists if needed. Only conflict is sons football practice is 6-8pm.

Picked and my email and cell are now on MFL. I am receiving updates both via text and email so no need to PM me in the future. Everyone should do this imo so that no one has to deal with PMs here. I don't get why we need to post our picks here too. If people not in the draft want to follow along with the picks they can just go to the league site and view the draft report. It seems redundant to do both no?

Picked and my email and cell are now on MFL. I am receiving updates both via text and email so no need to PM me in the future. Everyone should do this imo so that no one has to deal with PMs here. I don't get why we need to post our picks here too. If people not in the draft want to follow along with the picks they can just go to the league site and view the draft report. It seems redundant to do both no?
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but many of the regulars are blocked from accessing mfl at work but can come here. I deal with the minor inconvience of posting someone's pick for them in mfl if it means not locking out some of our long time regulars from participating.

I hate the 1.12 pick 16 team leagues. To me, there is a definite drop in value after the top 11 & you don't get the benefit of doubling up at the turn like you would in a 12 team league.

I had this spot in SSL1 & went QB also (Rodgers in the SSL/Brees in the MBSL). Not sure it's the right play, but at least I don't have to worry about getting stuck on the wrong side of a QB1 run.

can we have a tally of who cannot access MFL at work and also do not have a smart phone they can access mfl from?

Guess I misclicked on the predraft because Sproles shouldn't have been in there. Oh well, guess we'll be trying to avoid week 7 byes the rest of the way.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but many of the regulars are blocked from accessing mfl at work but can come here. I deal with the minor inconvience of posting someone's pick for them in mfl if it means not locking out some of our long time regulars from participating.
I guess in the age of smart phones I don't understand the not having access at least once or twice during the work day. no worries though.

I guess in the age of smart phones I don't understand the not having access at least once or twice during the work day. no worries though.
Well if you can't get to MFL at work you may not be able to get cell phone calls at work either .... just saying some are enslaved

Well if you can't get to MFL at work you may not be able to get cell phone calls at work either .... just saying some are enslaved
I can covertly get to my cell. When you work in a Banks Treasury Call center, you are locked down pretty tight. I am lucky i can get to FBG and don't spend a lot of time on it, since i don't want to set off any usage alarms .

Hook and area code 717, thanks for the alert earlier today. Much appreciated.

Peace

I don't own a smart phone and will avoid owning one for as long as possible.

I don't own a smart phone and will avoid owning one for as long as possible.
Well as long as you don't own a dumb phone

I am old school as well - a non texter because at certain times - especially when working when I need to be on the phone, I don't want calls/texts coming in

Well as long as you don't own a dumb phone

I am old school as well - a non texter because at certain times - especially when working when I need to be on the phone, I don't want calls/texts coming in
I don't text much either. People ask me all the time to text them addresses or phone numbers when I'm on the phone with them. If they're too damn lazy to write it down, I tell them I don't text and will call them back and leave it on their vm. I deal with 300+ regular clients/customers...nothing more annoying than them burying me with texts. Most of the time they don't bother to identify themselves. My favorite text is, "When am I getting my check?" How the heck am I supposed to know if I don't know who the heck you are.

That said, they reason I stick with my flip phone is because I actually use my phone primarily as a phone. 80+ calls a day isn't uncommon. I need something with good reception, that will fit in my pocket, and can take a bounce off the pavement. 1/2 the people I know with iphones have cracked screens. I also need something that I can hold between my shoulder and ear and that doesn't hang up when my cheek touches the screen.

teamramrod said:
Captain Hook said:
valence said:
I can covertly get to my cell. When you work in a Banks Treasury Call center, you are locked down pretty tight. I am lucky i can get to FBG and don't spend a lot of time on it, since i don't want to set off any usage alarms .

Hook and area code 717, thanks for the alert earlier today. Much appreciated.

Peace
:hey:

I see only 5 email addresses on the Mfl email updates. Can u guys please add your email address to your Mfl acct?

I'm sure my last 2 picks were head scratchers, but all signs point to Bell being the man in Pittsburgh & TY Hilton is my break out player of the year.

I took them early because I didn't think either one would have made it to my next pick.

Edited to add:

The biggest shock to me in this draft is that the QBs are just sitting there in this draft compared to the other Survivor Leagues I drafted in this year.

I'm sure my last 2 picks were head scratchers, but all signs point to Bell being the man in Pittsburgh & TY Hilton is my break out player of the year.

I took them early because I didn't think either one would have made it to my next pick.

Edited to add:

The biggest shock to me in this draft is that the QBs are just sitting there in this draft compared to the other Survivor Leagues I drafted in this year.
Yup - Pretty happy to get Brady in the 4th.

QB - Brady 10

RB - Morris 5

WR - Bryant 11

TE - Gonzo 6

No shared byes. Almost looks like I had 4 2nd round picks.

Edited to add:

not for me, i would have taken both at that draft pick.

Peace

Edited to add:

Yup - Pretty happy to get Brady in the 4th.

QB - Brady 10

RB - Morris 5

WR - Bryant 11

TE - Gonzo 6

No shared byes. Almost looks like I had 4 2nd round picks.

Sure does.

Edited to add:

I was taking Bell @ 3.15

5.09 RG3 QB WAS 5

2.08 Darren Sproles RB NOS 7

3.09 Stevan Ridley RB NEP 10

6.08 Giovanni Bernard RB CIN 12

4.08 Torrey Smith WR BAL 8

7.09 Chris Givens WR STL 11

8.08 Cordarrelle Patterson WR MIN 5

9.09 Ryan Broyles WR DET 9

1.09 Jimmy Graham TE NOS 7

like it quite a bit other than the week 7 bye issue.

Took another gamble on an unproven player in Jordan Cameron. He could bust, but he also might be the new Gates in Turner's offense.

Have a work conference today from 9-4pm. Will have sporadic access to my phone to make a pick if necessary, but I am a ways away from being OTC.

What's the big thing with adding email addresses? Personally....I don't want email from MFL for every pick, and a PM here sends me an email. There's no trading. Most days, I check in every 2 or 3 hours. ON those days I can't check in...chances are I couldn't pick anyway. Not trying to be a butthead....I really don't see the need?

On another front....I'll be out most of the day today, and I'm way too far away for a predraft. I doubt I come up before late this evening, so it's not likely an issue, but just letting everyone know.

Whatever floats yer boat. I'm not pmin peeps next to me though. U can just get emails when are up from Mfl. Not for every pick.

Captain's mates through round nine by position with (bye) and then draft order

QB - Kaepernick (9) and Roethlisberger (5)

RB - Rice (8) and DWill (4)

WR - Amendola (10), Steve Smith CAR (4), Golden Tate (12), Alshon Jeffery (8)

TE - Witten (11)

1.07 - Ray Rice

2.10 - Jason Witten

3.07 - Danny Amendola

4.10 - Steve Smith

5.07 - Colin Kaepernick

6.10 - Ben Roethlisberger

7.07 - DeAngelo Williams

8.10 - Golden Tate

9.07 - Alshon Jeffery

Obviously in 16 teamers with good drafters there is a lot of zigging and zagging and you can't be strong everywhere at the same time ....That said I think having one of the better QB combos and at least one strong player at RB/WR/TE is a helluva start

6.01 Michael Vick QB PHI 12

9.16 Brandon Weeeden QB CLE 10

4.01 Frank Gore RB SF 9

7.16 Ben Tate RB HOU 8

8.01 Bernard Pierce RB BAL 8

1.16 Brandon Marshall WR CHI 8

2.01 Julio Jones WR ATL 6

5.16 James Jones WR GB 4

3.16 Vernon Davis RB SF 9

10.01 Zach Sudfeld TE NE 10

rolling the dice all over the place here.....going WR/WR off the bat had me playing catch up at RB...I hating taking Gore at the 3-4 turn but he was about all that was left....there wasn't anything at that position that I just had to have at 5-6 turn so I went with what I saw as great value at WR3 with James Jones and pulled the trigger on Vick over some safer options....7-8 turn brought damage control at RB into play, gotta post two scores and it sucks that both these guys share the same bye but I was pretty much pot committed to doubling up at RB there...if either Foster or Rice miss time I got a stud....I need Davis and my WR's to cover my RB's....Davis needs to be solid as I think I have drafted him in every one of these mock draft leagues....9-10 turn continued the all or nothing mindset....weeden over Rivers due mostly to playmakers he has.....and my Zudfeld pick was seconds away from being a DST until I took one last look and said #### it, I'm going for the W.....

Users who are viewing this thread