Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Arid Filch

Chris Christie for President 2016 +1,200

Hopefully Obama will chum the waters ahead of 2015 to make sure the yokels are stirred into a frenzy for the Republican primaries and Christie will be DOA early in the cycle. He's the only guy that has a shot at the Dem IMO.

Hillary's a stronger candidate than she was in 2008, but there's still a lot of room on the left for someone to do the same thing Obama did. Someone like Warren could be an especially tough opponent.

Can't see him getting the nomination.

He has too much logic for the far-right, and he won't be controllable once he takes office. I don't see it either.

Already ran these numbers and it seems like easy money, but you really need to hedge with Rubio as well.

You know who's not betting on him?

Gary ####in Johnson!

Well I don't think the baggers will let Christy win. He isn't pure enough and they look to have a lot of control on the nomination. And I hope for anyone but Hillary on the Democratic side. Sure she looks like a lock to win but I am so tired of 3rd Way Democrats or as we used to call them moderate Republicans.

Why do people say Hillary is moderate? Doesnt anyone remember baby bonds. I don't get the she's more moderate than Obama meme.

We already have a program like this it is called the Child Tax Credit and W doubled it. She and Obama are basically both right leaning moderates. They are both 3rd Way Democrats. They both would appoint the same people awful lot of Obama's picks come from Clinton retreads.They would run virtually the same administrations.

Edited by NCCommish

Well I don't think the baggers will let Christy win. He isn't pure enough and they look to have a lot of control on the nomination. And I hope for anyone but Hillary on the Democratic side. Sure she looks like a lock to win but I am so tired of 3rd Way Democrats or as we used to call them moderate Republicans.

If the Tea Party has so much control over who the Republicans nominate, how did Romney and McCain get the last two nominations?

If the Tea Party has so much control over who the Republicans nominate, how did Romney and McCain get the last two nominations?

Because they aren't very bright?

The GOP is dumb? No argument out of me there. My point is that if the talking point about the Tea Party is correct, why wasn't it Santorum in 2012 and Huckabee in 2008? I get that the Tea Party is an easy target for Democrats, but they are not nearly as powerful in national elections as they ares sometimes credited with being. Local elections are a whole different animal.

Romney kissed the Tea Partiers ### if you recall. And McCain got nominated before the scary black man took the White House.

I have a hard time with fat people. To me they seem lazy and lacking pride. He is also loud like most fat people are. If he will lose weight and tone it down a bit he may earn my support in the future.

Edited by Two Deep
  • Like 1

I have a hard time with fat people. To me they seem lazy and lacking pride. He is also loud like most fat people are. If he will lose weight and tone it down a bit he may earn my support in the future.

you sound like a self hating fat guy

Liberal wads like NCC crying about the Tea Party makes them pure awesome.

I'm not crying about them, they make my day. I have no problem with them destroying the GOP. Every time those know nothing losers push the GOP further to the right it takes time off the GOPs life.

The GOP is dumb? No argument out of me there. My point is that if the talking point about the Tea Party is correct, why wasn't it Santorum in 2012 and Huckabee in 2008? I get that the Tea Party is an easy target for Democrats, but they are not nearly as powerful in national elections as they ares sometimes credited with being. Local elections are a whole different animal.

Because they are easily duped (aka not very bright) when it comes to their politicians.....I have nothing better than that. They want things to change so badly they fall for just about anything that fits the narrative they envision. For GOP candidates it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

you sound like a self hating fat guy

No...... just an antifatite. I know that makes me a bad person but I can't help it. I do appreciate his ability to call his party out when the need arises. we need more of that on both sides of the fence.

Because they are easily duped (aka not very bright) when it comes to their politicians.....I have nothing better than that. They want things to change so badly they fall for just about anything that fits the narrative they envision. For GOP candidates it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Or, it's because they don't have as much influence as some people think they do.

I think this is a good question. I'd say part of the reason is that the GOP seems to me to have changed quite a bit since 2008. I don't believe a guy like McCain could get the nomination today.

I would also say that the rise of the anti-establishment type Republicans has led to somewhat more credible candidates from that wing of the party. Rand Paul and his father seem to share a lot of the same views, but Rand comes off as a lot less nutty. Marco Rubio probably shares a lot of similar views to Michelle Bachmann or Sarah Palin but manages not to come across as an ill-informed lunatic.

There was a lot of resistance to Romney in 2012, but all the other options had giant flaws and Romney's money and organization was substantial enough that he just steamrolled them. I don't see that dynamic playing out in 2016. There's no establishment guy like Romney with lots of access to money. And guys like Rand Paul look like real candidates and not just fringe candidates.

Or, it's because they don't have as much influence as some people think they do.

Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

Why do people say Hillary is moderate? Doesnt anyone remember baby bonds. I don't get the she's more moderate than Obama meme.

It may relate to President Clinton being left center, but I'm not sure that applies or equates. I would guess some of her staffers would be his people, but I'm not sure that would really matter in her being more or less moderate.

Could be....I am going with the probabilities though.,,,,it'll be interesting to see if anyone can get the nod without their support

Edited by The Commish

Credit where it's due...

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a Republican who has opposed same-sex marriage, said that homosexuality is inborn and not a sin.

The statement was released as he signed a bill banning therapy that tries to change a minor’s sexual orientation. Christie said such efforts pose “critical health risks including, but not limited to, depression, substance abuse, social withdrawal, decreased self-esteem and suicidal thoughts.”

“Exposing children to these health risks without clear evidence of benefits that outweigh these serious risks is not appropriate,” Christie, 50, said today in the statement.

Credit where it's due...

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a Republican who has opposed same-sex marriage, said that homosexuality is inborn and not a sin.

The statement was released as he signed a bill banning therapy that tries to change a minor’s sexual orientation. Christie said such efforts pose “critical health risks including, but not limited to, depression, substance abuse, social withdrawal, decreased self-esteem and suicidal thoughts.”

“Exposing children to these health risks without clear evidence of benefits that outweigh these serious risks is not appropriate,” Christie, 50, said today in the statement.

Like I said, too logical for the mouth-breathers in his party.

Liberal wads like NCC crying about the Tea Party makes them pure awesome.

I'm not crying about them, they make my day. I have no problem with them destroying the GOP. Every time those know nothing losers push the GOP further to the right it takes time off the GOPs life.

:hifive:

Credit where it's due...

Like I said, too logical for the mouth-breathers in his party.

:hifive:

He is going to win re-election by 25-30 points at this rate, although Senator Buono has a solid commercial on right now with the tag line, He wants to be President. I want to be your Governor. That is going to move some people.

And gay marriage is now legal here. He is basically pocket-vetoing his own veto by stopping all state litigation on the topic. So he did veto the law once, but he is now letting it become law on the go 'round.

Hopefully Obama will chum the waters ahead of 2015 to make sure the yokels are stirred into a frenzy for the Republican primaries and Christie will be DOA early in the cycle. He's the only guy that has a shot at the Dem IMO.

Hillary's a stronger candidate than she was in 2008, but there's still a lot of room on the left for someone to do the same thing Obama did. Someone like Warren could be an especially tough opponent.

I would vote for Obama to be king of the world before I would vote for Elizabeth Warren for anything.

He is going to win re-election by 25-30 points at this rate, although Senator Buono has a solid commercial on right now with the tag line, He wants to be President. I want to be your Governor. That is going to move some people.

And gay marriage is now legal here. He is basically pocket-vetoing his own veto by stopping all state litigation on the topic. So he did veto the law once, but he is now letting it become law on the go 'round.

He's played this very, very well from a political standpoint IMO.

Chris Christie isn't fooling anyone who is center to right. His torpedoing of the Romney campaign just weeks before the election shows where his true feelings are.

If you want 8 more years of Obama, here's your guy.

He's played this very, very well from a political standpoint IMO.

Yup.

Chris Christie isn't fooling anyone who is center to right. His torpedoing of the Romney campaign just weeks before the election shows where his true feelings are.

Nope.

Nope.

He'd bring about more hope and real change than Obama ever did.

Nope.

He'd bring about more hope and real change than Obama ever did.

Obama may have actually been a decent president if he had better leadership abilities and took responsiblilty for things rather than being snarky and blaming everyone else.. Christie seems to have leadersip ability, politics be damned

Nope.

I know he's your guy and all, but come on dude. He's shown his true colors.

I was a HUGE fan of his when he was taking it to the unions. I live for that kind of confrontation. But compare what he's done and how he's done it to Republican governors such as Scott Walker and Bobby Jindal.

His boot licking of Obama, when Obama had done NOTHING to deserve it, was a real downer.