Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Arid Filch

Chris Christie for President 2016 +1,200

Better get used to the term President Clinton again.

Right now, and I know it's early, I'd vote for Christie. But I'm pretty sure the Republican establishment will do their best to lay waste to the guy before we even get close to the nomination. Which will force me to pull the lever for a Democrat for the first time in my life.

A 70 year old woman is the absolute last thing we need running the country right now.

Right now, and I know it's early, I'd vote for Christie. But I'm pretty sure the Republican establishment will do their best to lay waste to the guy before we even get close to the nomination. Which will force me to pull the lever for a Democrat for the first time in my life.

A 70 year old woman is the absolute last thing we need running the country right now.

You know who isn't a 70 year old woman?

Gary Johnson.

Usually these things aren't very important in the long run. Unless there's more proving that he, personally, was involved it'll probably just fade. Or he tries to dig in instead of firing her/them today.

But if it turns into a hit for him it'll be because both Dems (who worry that he's the most electable guy the Rs have) and right-wing Republicans (running against him) pile on to the point where the low-attention voters notice.

The other thing that could work against Christie is that this sort of thing might irritate moderate/centrist people more than it does partisans (who have already made up their mind about CC).

But most likely it's irrelevant to 2016.

Edited by wdcrob

You know who isn't a 70 year old woman?

Gary Johnson.

That could be his campaign slogan.

Why?

Usually these things aren't very important in the long run. Unless there's more proving that he, personally, was involved it'll probably just fade.

But if it turns into a hit for him it'll be because both Dems (who worry that he's the most electable guy the Rs have) and right-wing Republicans (running against him) pile on to the point where the low-attention voters notice.

The other thing that could work against Christie is that this sort of thing might irritate moderate/centrist people more than it does partisans (who have already made up their mind about CC).

The problem this story has for Christie is that it reinforces what people see as his worst attributes.

It becomes a lot easier to pound that into people's heads when you have this story in combination with him shouting down teachers. Remember the "something's going down tonight honey but it's not" comment.

Being a complete ####### might run well in certain circles but I don't think it goes over well with the majority of the electorate.

Usually these things aren't very important in the long run. Unless there's more proving that he, personally, was involved it'll probably just fade.

The problem this story has for Christie is that it reinforces what people see as his worst attributes.

It becomes a lot easier to pound that into people's heads when you have this story in combination with him shouting down teachers. Remember the "something's going down tonight honey but it's not" comment.

Being a complete ####### might run well in certain circles but I don't think it goes over well with the majority of the electorate.

I agree with this. I also think it hurts the reputation/image that he has tried to develop as someone who puts the state first, getting along with both sides, and is above political games (such as the copter ride with Obama).

The "they are the children of Buono voters" line makes that argument harder to make.

This also isn't the end of the story. Now every NY/NJ media outlet will be over this everyday and then start to look at all the stuff in Romney's book (i.e. it won't be going away). I'm sure he'll pound his chest and claim ignorance, but the NJ State Senators are already pushing for more investigations to see if this rise to the level of criminal prosecutions.

Some tough decisions for CC this AM. He has to fire some people who have been extremely loyal and important to his rise.

:popcorn:

Some tough decisions for CC this AM. He has to fire some people who have been extremely loyal and important to his rise.

And once he does it will be interesting to see who decides they have nothing to lose by implicating him.

And once he does it will be interesting to see who decides they have nothing to lose by implicating him.

I reserve the right to extend and amend my previous comments if it turns out what they did was criminal and the prosecutors start leaning on people.

I reserve the right to extend and amend my previous comments if it turns out what they did was criminal and the prosecutors start leaning on people.

Seems reasonable, I allow it.

Apparently Christie loves his big entourage and has been accused of misappropriation of funds for lavish travel expenses. I was reading an article on Romney picking a vice president and it was really not very complementary from the Romney staffer perspective. Apparently Christie had them clear every detail of Romney's trips to NJ with tons of restrictions, and then Christie was showing up an hour late to the fundraisers he was supposed to speak at. :lmao:

Christie's strong arming tactics and using political influence against those who did not support him in the last election, imo, could very likely stop any train in its tracks regarding Presidential aspirations. Smokes turning to fire:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/emails-link-chris-christie-aides-bridge-lane-closures-article-1.1569740

Does anyone else think this isn't that big of a deal?

you don't think its a big deal that a governors office causes significant traffic problems in a city because the mayor didn't endorse the governor for an election?

Edited by Fennis

:suds: agreed

hell, the Clintons made a living out of destroying political opponents

you don't think its a big deal that a governors office causes significant traffic problems in a city because the mayor didn't endorse the governor for an election?

Nope. I don't see traffic issues as something that is a major scandal.

it is when they are solely political revenge. I am willing to bet Chris Christie disagrees with your assessment of it not being a big deal.

So, basically just like any other fat kid we grew up with.

you're good with the Clintons doing that then?

part of their charm

part of their charm

cool, glad to see you're a fan

Why?

Seriously?

it is when they are solely political revenge. I am willing to bet Chris Christie disagrees with your assessment of it not being a big deal.

Maybe publicly. But this is not a big deal. It's only being made a big deal because he's planning on running for POTUS.

Why?

Seriously?

Yea. Assuming the 70 year old woman is Hillary Clinton, I think she'd be a great President.

Maybe publicly. But this is not a big deal. It's only being made a big deal because he's planning on running for POTUS.

It's an abuse of power. That's why it is a big deal.

• Like 1

70 in a woman is like 60 in a man. Not seeing what the big deal here is. They shouldn't even waste time with the election.

Why?

Seriously?

Seventy year old men are cool though?

:shrug:

No one fussed when the sitting Vice President intentionally caused significant traffic problems on Election Day in order to delay people voting for his opponent and secure victory in the election...

So if we found out he was cutting in line to get ice cream by saying it was his right as governor, would that be a big deal? Abusing the power and such?

Oh and the last person I want in the White House for the Democrats is Hillary. I have been tired of the Clintons for over a decade. But if it was no big deal that McCain was going to be in his mid 70's it shouldn't be a big deal if Hillary is.

So if we found out he was cutting in line to get ice cream by saying it was his right as governor, would that be a big deal? Abusing the power and such?

Yeah because messing with the public roads to punish a political opponent is exactly the same as cutting in line at Baskin Robbins.

Yeah because messing with the public roads to punish a political opponent is exactly the same as cutting in line at Baskin Robbins.

It kind of is. The outcome was that it took people longer to get what they wanted.

...on the most heavily traveled bridge in the world, BTW.

there's nothing tying him to this yet right?

just his aides?

so he can still play dumb

Because nobody you care about was in an ambulance during this politically manufactured delay I guess.

-QG

• Like 1

abuses of power are kind of the norm

• Like 1

Oh and the last person I want in the White House for the Democrats is Hillary. I have been tired of the Clintons for over a decade. But if it was no big deal that McCain was going to be in his mid 70's it shouldn't be a big deal if Hillary is.

The funny thing is that Mitt Romney is about 4 months older than Hillary. If he had won in 2012, he would be seeking reelection in 2016 as a 69 year old (same as Hillary) but you can bet that his supporters would have laughed at the idea if it was suggested that he would be too old to be President.

...on the most heavily traveled bridge in the world, BTW.

I completely understand where you are coming from Sheik. It really doesn't seem like that big of a deal. On the surface it sounds like... hey, a few exits were blocked off, minor inconvience, big deal. But I think you have to kind of know the area in order to see why it is considered a big deal. As RUSF18 pointed out, this is not a normal sleepy town exit. It is one of the most heavily traveled bridges in teh world. Then take into account how difficult it is to travel just about anywhere in NJ with all the jug handles, and multiple exit ramps with 50 signs pointing every wich way. I've travelled in NJ for work quite a bid and an exit ramp closing in the NY / NJ metro area could really throw me for a loop even with a GPS at hand. So under normal circumstances I would agree with you Shiek, but given the area... I actually do think it is a big deal.

Because nobody you care about was in an ambulance during this politically manufactured delay I guess.

-QG

What about all of the criminals that were on their way to commit crimes but didn't because they were stuck in traffic?

The funny thing is that Mitt Romney is about 4 months older than Hillary. If he had won in 2012, he would be seeking reelection in 2016 as a 69 year old (same as Hillary) but you can bet that his supporters would have laughed at the idea if it was suggested that he would be too old to be President.

This is funny why?

This is funny why?

Because many of the people saying Hillary is too old were busy salivating over the guy older than her winning?

This is funny why?

Probably because Mitt's age would be irrelevant or a non-issue to them.

This is funny why?

Because many of the people saying Hillary is too old were busy salivating over the guy older than her winning?

Well, he was talking about Romney, but yeah, hacks are hypocrites. Ha, ha.