What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Life is short, fellas (1 Viewer)

Finless said:
Really moving to Denver? Should be back by late October. May need a wing man...calling out your game claims.
Thanks for the offer. My life has changed a little since you left. Don't see this happening.

Life is short--shoot the lock off your wallet and buy the SCGC Braz OO. Or I might.
LMAO that's you over there? Christ that thing is perfect... And tempting...
what do you think is fair for that guitar?

what would he accept?
Stop trying to buy my guitar.

No idea. I can't imagine he'd accept a penny less than 6k, and it may be that in his mind he's closer to 7k. I'm itching for a Santa Cruz short scale, and that brzillion is a stunner.

Finless said:
Really moving to Denver? Should be back by late October. May need a wing man...calling out your game claims.
:lmao: I didnt realize how long Fin has been away until this post

Finless said:
Thanks for the offer. My life has changed a little since you left. Don't see this happening.
tha fcuk is that supposed to mean? your penis fall off or something?

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Poor Will. He didn't have a good wife, great children, luxury transportation, beach vacations, no worries about his health, and good golf.

But, when you're in love with your wife, then:

"Shall I compare the to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate...

So long as men can breathe and eyes can see, So long lives this and this gives life to thee."

That's more like it, Will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on vacation now with my family and it definitely makes me think about how fast life is going by and how much I work.
I just got back last week from my first two week vacation ever (sans my honeymoon). I've always carried over the max # of days I can. Upon return from that vacation, I have decided that I will never carry a day over again and next summer's vacation is going to be a month long. Part of that plan may be a day "checking in" here or there remotely, but for the most part, I'm gonna be gone a month.

Time seems to fly by faster the older you get. I remember in college time was painfully crawling by. My dad used to say cherish your time for it will go by fast, eventually too fast. I didn't believe him. Now I do. I can't believe 2013 is more than half over! It wasn't long ago it seems it was Christmas. As my parents are aging I really feel time is flying. I guess most feel this way when they feel most of their life is over.

Stars still burn bright, seasons change over night
As we find a way, the times they come and go
Look back in love, a new day rises above
With no end it comes, to carry you back home

All your anger, all your hurt
It doesn't matter in the end
Those days go by and we all start again
What you had and what you lost
They're all memories in the wind
Those days go by and we all start again

Time seems to fly by faster the older you get. I remember in college time was painfully crawling by. My dad used to say cherish your time for it will go by fast, eventually too fast. I didn't believe him. Now I do. I can't believe 2013 is more than half over! It wasn't long ago it seems it was Christmas. As my parents are aging I really feel time is flying. I guess most feel this way when they feel most of their life is over.
Yup. I remember as a youth yearning to be old enough to be able to drive a car, have a part time job so I could have money to spend on whatever I wanted.

Oh to be young and without obligations again.

The soldier-blues were trapped on a hillside
The battle raging all around
The sergeant cried "We've got to hang on, boys"
"We got to hold this piece a'ground"
"I need a volunteer to ride up"
"And bring us back some extra men"
And Billy's hand was up in a moment
Forgettin' all the words she said

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Poor Will. He didn't have a good wife, great children, luxury transportation, beach vacations, no worries about his health, and good golf.

"Shall I compare the to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate...

So long as men can breathe and eyes can see, So long lives this and this gives life to thee."

:blackdot:

Sonnet 18 was written before Macbeth.

I love this little book I read years ago: Don't Sweat The Small Stuff And It's All Small Stuff." Highly recommend this very easy 100 things to think about when you feel stressed out book.

Be compassionate, think about the welfare of others more than yourself, understand that people have to deal with you while you are dealing with others, don't be critical of others, mind your business, expect good things to happen, be open-minded and you'll be surprised at how much you'll enjoy your life. Things just fall into place.

If I had continued using drugs and enjoyed myself til I died would that have been a bad thing?

Favorite family -- my mom's sisters -- are in town. Love them. Happy to be in good company.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got up at 5:00 am today to do the work i brought home this weekend & not interfere with family time and NFC/AFC Championship Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or wrong.

i got up at 5:00 am today to do the work i brought home this weekend & not interfere with family time and NFC/AFC Championship Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or wrong.
Sounds to me like you're nailing it.

Users who are viewing this thread