What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (1 Viewer)

Phenix

Footballguy
Just figured we could devote an entire thread to the often injured WR who is currently out and did not make the trip with New England to Detroit for an undisclosed reason. Any word of what the injury is, feel free to post it throught the year. Let this be the official checking point for all injury news related to Dola this coming season. I expect this will be the most posted thread in the history of FBG by the time this season is over.

Injury 1 - Undisclosed since August 19th to present

Danny Amendola (undisclosed) will not play in Thursday night's preseason game against the Lions.
Amendola didn't even make the trip to Detroit. Nobody knows exactly what he's dealing with injury-wise, but ESPN Boston reported earlier in the week that it isn't cause for "major concern" and isn't "head-related." Patriots starters won't play in next week's exhibition finale, so Amendola finishes the preseason with seven catches for 77 yards and a touchdown. He should be ready for Week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't believe the Pats let egos get in the way of keeping Welker. Why would you want the durable version of the perfect slot receiver when you can pay as much for one made of glass? <_<

is this the thread where we post that he's questionable every week?

also, :blackdot:
This is the same team Tom Brady(QB, Probable) plays on right? Good luck with all this fellas.
That will be part of the irritation. Brady questionable still plays. Amen questionable... Who knows
You can tell this offense is not clicking the same as last week without Danny though. He has that certain ability to just get open, Edelmen doesnt have it.

While Thompkins may be a factor, I've already noticed 2 drops from KT already.

I still can't believe the Pats let egos get in the way of keeping Welker. Why would you want the durable version of the perfect slot receiver when you can pay as much for one made of glass? <_<
U do realize Welker is injured too right? Also he is way older so it could only be a short term plan.

I completely disagree, but I am getting tired of retyping the same reasons over and over.
Let the sheep bleat. I'll be stoked if this sentiment reduces his ADP.
What I love is how many people are gonna overdraft on Thompkins, and not realize he got most those targets because Dola was out.

I know if the injury was major for Dola they would of already inquired about a WR or sign one.

Dola?

Is it a Phenix cutesy creation or a lame nickname that is actually used by Amendola's friends and teammates?

I completely disagree, but I am getting tired of retyping the same reasons over and over.
Let the sheep bleat. I'll be stoked if this sentiment reduces his ADP.
What I love is how many people are gonna overdraft on Thompkins, and not realize he got most those targets because Dola was out.

I know if the injury was major for Dola they would of already inquired about a WR or sign one.
I'd be equally wary of underdrafting him, thinking the Pats' #2 isn't going to put up really solid numbers whether tonight had any significance or not.

My thinking is that the people who overreact tonight are going to be among the few that accidentally rate Thompkins somewhere near correctly when all is said and done, even if they're doing it for the wrong reasons.

This dude is as fragile as glass. I took him off my draft board regardless of draft position. The next time he plays a full season it will be the first time.

He deserves nothing, not even an injury thread.

Outside of my bowel movement schedule, there is nothing more reliable than said player getting hurt and having a red "Q" after his name.

Edit

He will be Questionable Week One, and every following week until he hits the IR.

He deserves nothing, not even an injury thread.

Outside of my bowel movement schedule, there is nothing more reliable than said player getting hurt and having a red "Q" after his name.

Edit

He will be Questionable Week One, and every following week until he hits the IR.
Drunk again? Anyone who is blind can still see when he is on the field with Brady, he is Welker 2.0. Although, I did say when he is on the field.

Its gonna be a wild thread. New England keeps everything hush hush. Lots of lineup anxiety I anticipate. And this team has prime time games so u may not be able to wait until kickoff. I'm not buying the dola hype as much. Maybe because randy moss 2.0, I mean Lloyd burned me last year.

Danny Amendola's injury is believed to be to his ankle or foot.
Amendola didn't travel to Detroit for Thursday's preseason game, and the Pats have maintained their usual radio silence on his status. A source told ESPN Boston earlier in the week that Amendola's injury wasn't cause for major concern, and reporter Mike Reiss is under the impression that remains the case. Among the most injury-prone players in the league, Amendola is a boom-or-bust WR2 as he slides into Wes Welker's old role.

Anyone getting the feeling that NE is just keeping the spin going, understating him, rumors of injury. I hope he even makes the team and then BOOM...... Randy Moss 2007 all over again? I'm not saying it's happening but it won't surprise me to see him top 5 at the end of the year (ppr).

If he stays healthy

:scared:

Anyone getting the feeling that NE is just keeping the spin going, understating him, rumors of injury. I hope he even makes the team and then BOOM...... Randy Moss 2007 all over again? I'm not saying it's happening but it won't surprise me to see him top 5 at the end of the year (ppr).

If he stays healthy

:scared:
No doubt the talent is there. If he remains healthy I'd say top 10 is essentially probable. At least on a PPG basis, I'm sure he'll be top 10.

in the spirit of full disclosure, Phenix owns "Dola" and has been pimpin Thompkins as the second coming of Jerry rice to everyone in the league since he owns him too.

peace

in the spirit of full disclosure, Phenix owns "Dola" and has been pimpin Thompkins as the second coming of Jerry rice to everyone in the league since he owns him too.

peace
Is Dola the worst nickname ever given? I can't think of anything more awful.

peace
Yes, I own Amendola and Thompkins amongst others in all my leagues.

But what does that have to do with anything I own a bunch of players over my 13 leagues.

"Dola"? Is this like RW3? Both nicknamesi hope don't stick! (If you were wonring RW3 is a fail ### attempt at a nickname given to Russell Wilson by some of the bandwagon fans)

Amendola's injury does sound like the usual Patriot games (pun unintentional), but in this case, it may also be very possible that they are just resting him after already being without Hernandez and Gronkowski.

zamboni said:
Amendola's injury does sound like the usual Patriot games (pun unintentional), but in this case, it may also be very possible that they are just resting him after already being without Hernandez and Gronkowski.
I agree with this. With Welker and Hernandez gone and Gronk still ??? The Pats need Dola more than ever to be ready for the start of the season.

zamboni said:
I agree with this. With Welker and Hernandez gone and Gronk still ??? The Pats need Dola more than ever to be ready for the start of the season.
I agree with your overall point that it's likely precautionary, but I don't think it's that urgent that he play in September. Even if they stunk without him and went 8-8 in the regular season, that should win the AFC East and give Brady a shot in the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread