What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (2 Viewers)

from doctor jene

looks like he will already miss at least one game.. maybe 2

Danny Amendola | groinAmendola gutted out a huge second half yesterday after aggravating his groin injury. Unfortunately, aggravated muscle injuries are often worse than the initial injury. Though he finished the game with a combination of adrenaline, taping and guts, he was clearly limited. I'm speculating here, but I doubt Amendola would've returned yesterday if the game hadn't been close. I don't expect him to see any practice time this week and he's going to have a very difficult time getting ready for a Thursday night game. Don't be surprised if he's still considered a game-time decision in Week 3

from doctor jene

looks like he will already miss at least one game.. maybe 2 Danny Amendola | groin

Amendola gutted out a huge second half yesterday after aggravating his groin injury. Unfortunately, aggravated muscle injuries are often worse than the initial injury. Though he finished the game with a combination of adrenaline, taping and guts, he was clearly limited. I'm speculating here, but I doubt Amendola would've returned yesterday if the game hadn't been close. I don't expect him to see any practice time this week and he's going to have a very difficult time getting ready for a Thursday night game. Don't be surprised if he's still considered a game-time decision in Week 3
I just hope they announce when they are required to instead saying he's "active" and then he sits the whole game.

from doctor jene

looks like he will already miss at least one game.. maybe 2 Danny Amendola | groin

Amendola gutted out a huge second half yesterday after aggravating his groin injury. Unfortunately, aggravated muscle injuries are often worse than the initial injury. Though he finished the game with a combination of adrenaline, taping and guts, he was clearly limited. I'm speculating here, but I doubt Amendola would've returned yesterday if the game hadn't been close. I don't expect him to see any practice time this week and he's going to have a very difficult time getting ready for a Thursday night game. Don't be surprised if he's still considered a game-time decision in Week 3
I just hope they announce when they are required to instead saying he's "active" and then he sits the whole game.
You hope that BB will give you accurate injury information or accurate information at all?

from doctor jene

You hope that BB will give you accurate injury information or accurate information at all?
I hope if he's not playing that he's listed as such. Most teams you wouldn't have to worry about that. With BB anything is possible.

from doctor jene

Danny Amendola | groinAmendola gutted out a huge second half yesterday after aggravating his groin injury. Unfortunately, aggravated muscle injuries are often worse than the initial injury. Though he finished the game with a combination of adrenaline, taping and guts, he was clearly limited. I'm speculating here, but I doubt Amendola would've returned yesterday if the game hadn't been close. I don't expect him to see any practice time this week and he's going to have a very difficult time getting ready for a Thursday night game. Don't be surprised if he's still considered a game-time decision in Week 3
pure speculation. they guy played after the injury and played well. Sure there could be residual effect. Im be really surprised if he dont play Thursday

from doctor jene

pure speculation. they guy played after the injury and played well. Sure there could be residual effect. Im be really surprised if he dont play Thursday
I'd be very surprised if he did play Thursday. Groin injuries can be very serious. If it ruptures, he's done. I can't see him risking injury against a game v. the Jets.

from doctor jene

I'd be very surprised if he did play Thursday. Groin injuries can be very serious. If it ruptures, he's done. I can't see him risking injury against a game v. the Jets.
Why, because they are going to blow out the team with the rookie QB, like they did yesterday?

from doctor jene

Why, because they are going to blow out the team with the rookie QB, like they did yesterday?
exactly. this is the NFL, and if you play not to lose, then you do. "Its just buffalo" jsut about beat the Pats. and the NYJ will give NE everything they can handle

Just dont see why he could play in the game on Sunday and not on thursday.

Fact is it is a Thursday game at least.

This means if he i sout we will know and can adjust rosters accordingly.

Imagine if it was a sunday evening game. Our other WR might be playing and we would not know risking starting him and him not playing.

I hope he sits. I want this guy around for the whole year. He can basically buy two weeks rest by sitting this one out. Seems like a no-brainer. They can gut one out against a bad Jets team without him.

from doctor jene

from doctor jene

exactly. this is the NFL, and if you play not to lose, then you do. "Its just buffalo" jsut about beat the Pats. and the NYJ will give NE everything they can handle

Just dont see why he could play in the game on Sunday and not on thursday.
Game was on the line Sunday - that's why he went back in. If he runs the risk of further injury on Thursday, there is no way he plays a full compliment of snaps. If NE is up by a comfortable margin, Amendola will be on the sidelines. I could see him suiting up for a playoff game but not week #2 against the Jets at home on a short week. The guy couldn't walk comfortably to the line of scrimmage. That is why I cannot see him healing to the point of playing. If you ever had a groin injury, you'd know how difficult it is to run. It is like hamstring injuries, the legs just cannot get going.

Not present at walkthrough as per Roto. Thursday game complicates things big time. Might have to look elsewhere this week.

already going in the bench with wilson and danny boy on the same team..

better he sits now though, then rips it up worse and is out all season

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Danny Amendola (groin) is "almost certain" to miss Thursday night's game against the Jets.
Amendola wasn't spotted at Tuesday morning's walkthrough and is expected to be held out of Week 2 with the Patriots playing on just four days rest. With Amendola out, Julian Edelman will replace him in the slot and is a high-end WR2 against Jets. Kenbrell Thompkins should also continue to see plenty of targets. It's a massive downgrade to New England's offense, who will already be with out Shane Vereen (wrist). Zach Sudfeld is dealing with a hamstring injury and was limited in Monday's practice. The Patriots are still evaluating the exact severity of the oft-injured Amendola's muscle pull.

Why did i ever draft this pretzel. He is easily the biggest pansy in football. So lets see, wilson benched, ridley benched, injureddola out...what an awesome draft i had. At least i dont have to worry about managing my lineup rest of the year.

Would you pick up Edelman if you had the 1st waiver spot as an Amendola owner as insurance? OR would you save it for a better wiaver wire pickup that might come along.

Would you pick up Edelman if you had the 1st waiver spot as an Amendola owner as insurance? OR would you save it for a better wiaver wire pickup that might come along.
In a heartbeat. Edelman already had that role in 2012 before he landed on IR.

I am not even an Amendola owner and considering dropping Britt to get Edelman....... I can see Edelman getting a lot of targets if he holds up.

jah77 said:
http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/injury-pain/groin-strain.html

A groin strain is a stretch, tear, or complete rupture of the muscle that extends from the pubic bone to the inside of the thigh. It is the main muscle that allows you to move the leg from an outside to an inside position from the hip (initiating a crossover step in basketball or soccer, for example). A pulled or strained groin is painful and takes time to heal. You might not even notice the injury during normal daily activities, but it will get your full attention if you move with a sudden start. Returning to training or competition too soon is a common mistake.

Like many sports injuries, a strained groin can be caused by overuse of the primary inner thigh muscle (adductor longus), by a sudden contraction of that muscle, or by both. Sprinting, changing directions, jumping to catch a ball, running uphill and landing after a jump are all examples of actions that could trigger the injury. Inadequate warm-ups, poor technique and taking a blow to the groin area are also possible causes.

Symptoms
  1. A mild (Grade 1) groin strain may not be very painful and may not limit mild or moderate physical activity.
  2. A moderate (Grade 2) sprain causes moderate discomfort and limits or prevents running and jumping.
  3. A severe (Grade 3) strain causes pain doing almost anything
Comeback StrategyUse symptoms (or the lack of symptoms) to determine your comeback timetable, not a certain number of days or weeks. Generally, speaking, Grade 1 symptoms usually disappear within a week; Grade 2 symptoms last 2-3 weeks; and Grade 3 symptoms can persist for 6-8 weeks or longer.

• Don’t try to come back too soon. Absence of symptoms while performing normal daily activities is deceiving and different from the forces involved in training or competition.
  • No brisk walking, jogging, or running as long as you have moderate-to-severe pain.
  • Once the pain disappears, gradually increase the intensity, duration, and frequency of training.
  • Go through all the movements required in your sport without pain before returning to action.
My girlfriend loves my adductor longus.

I'm surprised so many people didn't back him up with kenbrell or edelman. It seemed like the obvious move. I am happy so far - amendola looked awesome, edelman looked great and is the clear top wr to own until amendola returns, and gronk is close to coming back, which should open things up substantially.

"Official Danny Amendola Injury Thread" - This just makes me laugh...

We all know he'll be hurt at some point & it is going to be such a headache dealing with BB's injury report for Amendola owners.
It feels good looking at something I wrote 5 days ago and knowing how right I was so soon!

I was furious when they let Welker go and even more angry when they grabbed Glassmendola!!!! I'm not a Pats fan, I just love Welker and have had him on my team for the last 4 seasons...

Welker is a warrior - I've watched this guy take hits that would put Glassdola out for the season and grab a catch on the next play... So stupid for the Pats to let him go - I wanted to draft Glass in the 5th of a PPR league, but passed bc I couldnt deal with the associated headaches he and BB will give owners!

For anyone that wasted a 3rd - 5th rounder on this guy, enjoy this, as this questionable tag and missed playing time will be the norm all season for Danny Glass

My guess is they gave him an injection at halftime to numb him and that he injured it further by playing in the 2nd half. No way do the Pats win that game without him, but it seems as if he cost himself a lot more missed time because of it.

He's going to be fine, he's going to be there at playoff time and that's when you want FF production. Just be sure you have a NE handcuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's going to be fine, he's going to be there at playoff time and that's when you want FF production. Just be sure you have a NE handcuff.
He's going to be fine? You say this because why???

He was hurt in the first half of the first game, but he'll be okay in the 14th week of the season... Your reasoning and rationale? probably because you burned an early pick on the Glassmendola?

He was hurt in the first half of the first game, but he'll be okay in the 14th week of the season... Your reasoning and rationale? probably because you burned an early pick on the Glassmendola?
actually hes been hurt since the 3rd pre-season game

actually hes been hurt since the 3rd pre-season game
Wasn't his injury from the second preseason game actually? Regardless, splitting hairs - This guy is a fragile franky

I'm surprised so many people didn't back him up with kenbrell or edelman. It seemed like the obvious move. I am happy so far - amendola looked awesome, edelman looked great and is the clear top wr to own until amendola returns, and gronk is close to coming back, which should open things up substantially.
That's a lot of picks on a replaceable receiver. Not everybody has deep rosters where they can hold 2-3 Pats in case of emergency.

I was a proud owner of Amendola and Harvin last year.

I'm glad I don't have either of them this year.

Living without the daily stress of are they injured, are they gonna suit up this week, when will they be availble, etc..., has made my quality of life better.

Because it's not season ending. You say he'll be out at playoff time, but this injury does not last that long. And yes I do think it's worth 2 roster spots to have a piece of the NE passing game, it's like clockwork. So if you drafted properly, Danny A is out so put in Thompkins or Edelman. It's taken some homework on the front end but Danny A. + Thompkins or Edelman was nearly the price of just Danny A (at least early on before Thompkins started skyrocketing). We will see if it pays off but having bases covered makes it worth it.

because after being out 13 weeks he should come back healthy.

Heard on local radio Amendola would be out this week, seemingly as if someone from the team said so. Sorry, no link.

Users who are viewing this thread