What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Danny Amendola Injury and News Thread (1 Viewer)

jah77 said:
Is he droppable?
I'm dropping him this week in my PPR--he wont be 100% ever again this season and no one is buying him.
Part of me wants to do that but for some delusional reason I'm holding out some hope. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. :wall:
Just 12 days ago I took him at 1.03 in our 4 person PPR keeper and I'm done with him. Had this been his elbow or something else I may be willing to hold him but I just see him cominge back, in his first game, and getting re-injured. I'm going to drop him and take my chance on re-aquiring him later on...if I dont get him back then oh well.

jah77 said:
I was just doing a search for Amendola injury news and came across this.

From April of this year.

Danny Amendola's Father Sues Cowboys Stadium Over Runaway Golf Cart

Amendola is the head coach at Dekaney High, and had just won the state championship at Cowboys Stadium. Meeting with reporters at midfield, Amendola had no idea that motorized death was lurking. Stadium workers accidentally wedged a pylon in the accelerator, and it took off, mowing down everyone in its way

You can see Amendola in the gif above, in a light blue shirt. He's the one who winds up on the hood of the cart before bailing out.

omg :o
Jesus. I'm convinced this family found the cursed Brady Bunch tiki necklace on a family vacation.

jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Amendola is the head coach at Dekaney High, and had just won the state championship at Cowboys Stadium. Meeting with reporters at midfield, Amendola had no idea that motorized death was lurking. Stadium workers accidentally wedged a pylon in the accelerator, and it took off, mowing down everyone in its way

You can see Amendola in the gif above, in a light blue shirt. He's the one who winds up on the hood of the cart before bailing out.

Never saw this. Its impossible not to laugh.

Also the dude that runs it down came from off screen. Impressive burst for an older guy.

jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Also the dude that runs it down came from off screen. Impressive burst for an older guy.
Why didn't Amendola just take the pylon off of the pedal? That dude sucks.

jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Never saw this. Its impossible not to laugh.Also the dude that runs it down came from off screen. Impressive burst for an older guy.
Somehow I seriously doubt it was an endzone pylon. They weigh like a pound. How could that depress an acceleration pedal. My theory is zombie ghosts of the indians buried beneath the stadium.

Ok, ok, sorry about the dad.

Anyone see if Danny PPR was (er) "practicinging" today?

Stretching, lifting end zone pylons, whatever, was he out there?

jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Danny Amendola's Father Sues Cowboys Stadium Over Runaway Golf CartAmendola is the head coach at Dekaney High, and had just won the state championship at Cowboys Stadium. Meeting with reporters at midfield, Amendola had no idea that motorized death was lurking. Stadium workers accidentally wedged a pylon in the accelerator, and it took off, mowing down everyone in its way

Holy Cow. That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time. :lol:

jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Danny Amendola's Father Sues Cowboys Stadium Over Runaway Golf CartAmendola is the head coach at Dekaney High, and had just won the state championship at Cowboys Stadium. Meeting with reporters at midfield, Amendola had no idea that motorized death was lurking. Stadium workers accidentally wedged a pylon in the accelerator, and it took off, mowing down everyone in its way

:o

Looks like the Amendolas get the last laugh on the Cowpokes for releasing Danny-boy way back when.

Insein said:
MoveToSkypager said:
Insein said:
jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Never saw this. Its impossible not to laugh.Also the dude that runs it down came from off screen. Impressive burst for an older guy.
Somehow I seriously doubt it was an endzone pylon. They weigh like a pound. How could that depress an acceleration pedal. My theory is zombie ghosts of the indians buried beneath the stadium.
Come to think of it, Jerry Jones is starting to look like that scary dude on Poltergeist II.

Amendola's dad basically lays there on the hood for awhile and then falls off the cart. Meanwhile someone else runs in and rescues the cart. Your son is an NFL player, show some cajones!

Idiot in my league just dropped him. I got excited for a second, then read how long he might be out and realized I don't have anyone I want to drop for someone as fragile as he is. It will be interesting to see how much someone will end up spending on him tomorrow.

Insein said:
jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Personally I liked the chick who hurdles over the dude who just got plowed over, nice athleticism

Just don't know what to do with this guy. Plus New England usually incredibly coy on theses matters. Have till 10 tonight to put him on IR to get him back by week 7. Hoping more concrete info comes out. Leaning towards IR because how comfortable can you be starting him if he is activated in a week or two?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amendola's dad basically lays there on the hood for awhile and then falls off the cart. Meanwhile someone else runs in and rescues the cart. Your son is an NFL player, show some cajones!
Actually he glt flipped onto the cart next to the steering wheel, tried to steer it so it wouldn't hit anyone else, and then rolled off when the other dude caught up to the cart. Not a bad move, all in all.

What are you guys doing with him?

I'm a PPR league, I'm seriously contemplating dropping him. I need to go get another wideout, and the WW is pretty thin (14 team). Would be for someone like Patterson (it's also a return league). I'm 0-2 and need to make a move to get out of the ditch.

What are you guys doing with him?

I'm a PPR league, I'm seriously contemplating dropping him. I need to go get another wideout, and the WW is pretty thin (14 team). Would be for someone like Patterson (it's also a return league). I'm 0-2 and need to make a move to get out of the ditch.
Gotta hold him.... stash and enjoy playing him later in season when it counts.....

Insein said:
jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Personally I liked the chick who hurdles over the dude who just got plowed over, nice athleticism
shes not even going full speed.. someone needs to sign her

Actually he glt flipped onto the cart next to the steering wheel, tried to steer it so it wouldn't hit anyone else, and then rolled off when the other dude caught up to the cart. Not a bad move, all in all.
he bailed before the other guy got there..

what did you expect him to do? stay in the cart while it plowed in to a wall?

what did you expect him to do? stay in the cart while it plowed in to a wall?
he was at the 40 yd line he had time to man up and try to stop the vehicle before it ran over someone else

jah77 said:
I feel like I'm missing something here. Can someone please explain this to me?

Danny Amendola WR NE 1 HrDanny Amendola (groin) was participating some in Wednesday's workout but is "clearly still in pain."

For some reason, Amendola is hobbling around with his teammates as he tries to work through his groin issues. He's still expected to miss at least two more weeks. Julian Edelman will be a target monster once again in Week 3, especially with Rob Gronkowski (back) looking questionable at best.

WHY THE F IS HE PRACTICING IF HE IS CLEARLY STILL IN PAIN and this is an injury that needs time to heal. What the hell is going on? :confused:
Most confusing #### I've seen in a while. Why he's not off his feet and resting is beyond me. At least you can say "but look, he's practicing" if you tried to move him. :shrug:

Insein said:
jah77 said:

From April of this year.

Plus, that guy ran across a football field and caught something without tearing his abductors in the process. The Pats should give him a call.

jah77 said:
SameSongNDance said:
Most confusing #### I've seen in a while. Why he's not off his feet and resting is beyond me. At least you can say "but look, he's practicing" if you tried to move him. :shrug:
I haven't bothered trying to move him. I assume no one would be buying.

But this is killing me because it's giving me no faith that things will eventually be okay with this guy.

Is the goal to just try to play through the pain from week to week? I'm thinking that's what's going on here. That he is trying to avoid inevitable surgery and play through the pain. I think that's foolish if it's the case. I'm no prophet but I will almost guarentee if that's the case he will be able to do so for a game or two and have to get the surgery anyway. If he needs surgery he should just get it over with and come back in the second half of the season.
I don't think the purported sports hernia is the problem. It's the torn adductors (groin) that, I believe, is preventing him from practicing.

I don't think the purported sports hernia is the problem. It's the torn adductors (groin) that, I believe, is preventing him from practicing.
What is the healing time for an injury like this??????????????
This guy was on the practice field this week so I don't know what to expect. Crazy situation. Is it a slight tear, partial tear, full tear - those are things that no one knows except his docs.

Sources tell Yahoo Sports that Danny Amendola (groin) "might play" as soon as Week 4.
Yahoo's Les Carpenter confirms that Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin during Week 1 -- but actually calls that a good thing. The tear eliminates the need for surgery and speeds up the recovery process. Amendola is reportedly healing faster than the standard 2-6 week recovery time and is at a pace closer to 3-4 weeks, meaning he has a shot to play against the Falcons a week from today. Amendola does not have a sports hernia injury
I love how tearing the adductor was the best case scenario for Amendola.

Sources tell Yahoo Sports that Danny Amendola (groin) "might play" as soon as Week 4.
Yahoo's Les Carpenter confirms that Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin during Week 1 -- but actually calls that a good thing. The tear eliminates the need for surgery and speeds up the recovery process. Amendola is reportedly healing faster than the standard 2-6 week recovery time and is at a pace closer to 3-4 weeks, meaning he has a shot to play against the Falcons a week from today. Amendola does not have a sports hernia injury
I love how tearing the adductor was the best case scenario for Amendola.
:lol: he might play. ie, the pats say he's questionable. not news. this really is the thread where we say he's questionable all year

Torn adductor muscle? Complete tear? I'm no doctor, but I can't imagine him playing effectively this season. I tore my groin muscle a while back and it took about 6 months to heal.

Torn adductor muscle? Complete tear? I'm no doctor, but I can't imagine him playing effectively this season. I tore my groin muscle a while back and it took about 6 months to heal.
A lot of the doctors they have talked to say its a multiple month injury if you don't completely tear it and opt not to have surgery.

But if you do completely tear it or opt to have surgery then it only takes 2-6 weeks to heal.

I think the key is that he tore the tendon. What I read is that they actually clip the tendon in the surgery, so he basically did the doctors' work for them and potentially shaved weeks off his recovery in the process. That's pretty boss, actually.

I'll keep him until he gets injured again.

Danny Amendola (groin) said Wednesday that he anticipates "being 100 percent shortly."
Amendola wouldn't give any kind of timetable and he remains very questionable for Sunday night's showdown with the Falcons. He was spotted moving better on Wednesday, but it's unclear how close to 100 percent he is. All owners can do is keep monitoring practice reports.
Must be a quick healer.. :shrug:

I was hoping for a better self-prognosis. He was not upbeat...and instead sounded pretty down

this sounds a lot like the plantar fascia ligament injuries, although worse.

St Kilda AFL footballer, Robert Harvey, did this in a much reported case in the media here. He just kept jumping of the kitchen table until it [plantar fascia ligament] totaly ruptured. The expected 8 week layoff due to the partial rupture was reduced.

"Official Danny Amendola Injury Thread" - This just makes me laugh...

We all know he'll be hurt at some point & it is going to be such a headache dealing with BB's injury report for Amendola owners.
:thanks:

I wish he could stay healthy, so talented, but just not the body to withstand a season.

this sounds a lot like the plantar fascia ligament injuries, although worse.

St Kilda AFL footballer, Robert Harvey, did this in a much reported case in the media here. He just kept jumping of the kitchen table until it [plantar fascia ligament] totaly ruptured. The expected 8 week layoff due to the partial rupture was reduced.
wut.

Good thing my backup option is Hartline. Love when the stars align and your insurance plan for a Sunday night game is a guy going on Monday night.

Also good in the sense that if I need a huge stat line after the Sunday day games, I can roll Amendola out there. If I'm doing fine, just don't risk it and roll with Hartline.

Can't say I'm thrilled about this though...really hope the Pats aren't doing something that could jeopardize his season, but I just don't see the Pats taking that kind of risk. They can win without him, but they'll want him come crunch time.

Users who are viewing this thread