Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Geezil

So, we are going to war with Syria?

20 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

At this moment, a pre-planned massacre is underway, a surprise attack betrayal against our Kurdish allies. 

The bombast, the lack of a vocabulary above fifth grade, the self-serving decisions, the obvious lies....all of it so outrageous and so transparent that there was an element of comedy to it.

Turning our back on allies who have given their lives to fight along side of us....that pisses me off and makes me sad.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

The answer to your snarky question.  Once  he expressed his opinion that the title tread was ridiculous.  That for some reason had people jumping to the concussion he doesn’t care about the Kurds.  Seems like quite the stretch to me.  

I think it was more him posting multiple times in the thread today without discussing the Kurds. Particularly since the thread has been here since 2013, and today is the day this poster decides to make an issue of the thread title rather than engaging in a discussion of  the events of the past few days. Probably didn't help that  he took the lack of agreement on the title change as an opportunity to make vague condescending comments about "the libs" and offer up a declaration of what a great life he has to the extent that very little bothers him - except thread titles he finds inaccurate apparently. Just bad timing I guess.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I never said or implied I don’t have empathy for the Kurds or even support this administrations recent action/ language.

Bizarre turn of events in here.

You guys are clearly jumping over yourselves to attack the first conservative in this thread.

Considering you came in complaining  about the thread title and said zero about the situation...any criticism towards your posts was warranted 

1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

Not really upset, just pointing out the misleading language.

Im wealthy, live in San Diego, have a beautiful girlfriend and don’t have to work to hard.  It’s pretty tough for me to get upset these days.  

18 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

The answer to your snarky question.  Once  he expressed his opinion that the title tread was ridiculous.  That for some reason had people jumping to the concussion he doesn’t care about the Kurds.  Seems like quite the stretch to me.  

That is why people came to such a conclusion and not such of a stretch.

20 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

“Jumping to the concussion” is my next album. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Considering you came in complaining  about the thread title and said zero about the situation...any criticism towards your posts was warranted 

I have to agree. It's a fairly common "tactic" I see. When Trump does something indefensible, his "non-supporters" will often talk about things that aren't related to the issue. This is a perfect example. Lots of posts about the title of this very old thread but crickets on the actual issue at hand. Why can't we just talk about the events happening now? The thread title talk is a distraction. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

I have to agree. It's a fairly common "tactic" I see. When Trump does something indefensible, his "non-supporters" will often talk about things that aren't related to the issue. This is a perfect example. Lots of posts about the title of this very old threat but crickets on the actual issue at hand. Why can't we just talk about the events happening now? The thread title talk is a distraction. 

Bingo.

And why even post in here at all if the contributions are:

I don't like the title of this thread from 2013 and my life is awesome

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I have to agree. It's a fairly common "tactic" I see. When Trump does something indefensible, his "non-supporters" will often talk about things that aren't related to the issue. This is a perfect example. Lots of posts about the title of this very old thread but crickets on the actual issue at hand. Why can't we just talk about the events happening now? The thread title talk is a distraction. 

Because that would force some to be critical of something other than just his tweets.

4 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Oh how I missed the FBG libs

2 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Im wealthy, live in San Diego, have a beautiful girlfriend and don’t have to work to hard.  It’s pretty tough for me to get upset these days.  

Just now, timschochet said:

And Trump has issued an official invitation to Erduwon to visit us next month. 

So his thugs can beat up protesters again?

David Ignatius @IgnatiusPost

A bad situation in Northeast Syria is about to get much worse. Sources tell me that US officials have just informed the Syrian Kurds that Turkey is likely to attack on air and ground in next 24 hours. The US will do nothing. Targets are Tal Abyad and Ras al Ayn....

:scared:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

David Ignatius @IgnatiusPost

A bad situation in Northeast Syria is about to get much worse. Sources tell me that US officials have just informed the Syrian Kurds that Turkey is likely to attack on air and ground in next 24 hours. The US will do nothing. Targets are Tal Abyad and Ras al Ayn....

:scared:

Their blood will be on Trump’s hands

• Like 2

When you lose any claim to morality it is hard to tell other countries like Iran that they shouldn't have a nuke.

I don't blame any country for trying to get a nuke now.  They would be dumb not to try.  We won't protect them.

• Like 2

No good answer here, long term we can't stay and essentially be an occupying force in Syria.  I'm not sure what the best result even is, maybe it's the Kurds aligning with Assad out of their own self interest.  Assad rules by coalition of some minorities as it stands.  

Airstrikes in Northern Syria have begun and ground troops are most likely moving in. What a disaster.

• Sad 1

This is absolutely sickening. Feel this one in the pit of my stomach. It’s wrong, morally reprehensible, and anyone not opposed and actively fighting it is a coward. Trump by ordering solidifies what we knew, that he is a sociopath devoid of empathy. 

1 hour ago, Workhorse said:

Airstrikes in Northern Syria have begun and ground troops are most likely moving in. What a disaster.

### #### it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Ham said:

### #### it. 

Right now, somewhere, a Republican Senator is "deeply troubled" Its the the new "Thoughts and Prayers" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Or maybe you could share your thoughts on the situation with the Kurds.

Though I'm not very familiar with the history of the Kurds, I think it's horrible.  I think they need to work out a deal with the Syrians.  I think Trump is selling it as a peaceful withdrawal of American forces, when in reality he is ceding control to genocidal NATO ally Turkey, who probably support the same objectives for a pipeline through Syria.  Trump does this rhetoric from time to time and routinely betrays it with his actions. 

The abrupt departure seems to indicate he wanted Turkey to have an advantage and Syria/Kurds to be caught flat-footed.  I still support US withdrawal, but it doesn't look like it was done on equitable terms (assuming it's being done at all).  What's worse, Turkey has been linked to the jihadist 'ratlines' around Idlib that have attempted to overthrow the Assad govt and install an Islamic caliphate.  This is who NATO is.  

Less surprising, however, is the fact that using Kurdish liberation as an excuse for US participation in wars in the middle east- playing both sides whenever it served our interest- has been a running thread for a long time now.  

• Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, timschochet said:

And Trump has issued an official invitation to Erduwon to visit us next month. 

Trump has been so easily manipulated by him again. Or not, Trump has seemed from the beginning to want to shift the US from being allied with UK, France, Germany, etc and instead with Russia, NK, Turkey. He has successfully done that. As I’ve been saying here for awhile, this should remove any doubt, we are definitely the bad guys now.

Edited by Ilov80s

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Trump has been so easily manipulated by him again. Or not, Trump has seemed from the beginning to want to shift the US from being allied with UK, France, Germany, etc and instead with Russia, NK, Turkey. He has successfully done that. As I’ve been saying here for awhile, this should remove any doubt, we are definitely the bad guys now.

Aww crap, I hate being the bad guy. It never ends well!

3 minutes ago, Kal El said:

In good news, we might have lent a big helping hand to ISIS.

Just now, Ilov80s said:

In good news, we might have lent a big helping hand to ISIS.

That's even worse! Why is he still in office? 

10 minutes ago, Kal El said:

That's even worse! Why is he still in office? 

Don’t worry, the ISIS people who may escape Kurdish prisons will just go to Europe. 

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Don’t worry, the ISIS people who may escape Kurdish prisons will just go to Europe. 

I heard. Anyone who says that isn't very bright.

Just now, Kal El said:

I heard. Anyone who says that isn't very bright.

It’s all so messed up. As for why he’s still in office, I guess it because GOP voters still overwhelmingly like him, GOP politicians have been more worried about their job security and party standing than anything else. Also he’s insulated himself with yesmen and outright ignored law. 

14 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

It’s all so messed up. As for why he’s still in office, I guess it because GOP voters still overwhelmingly like him, GOP politicians have been more worried about their job security and party standing than anything else. Also he’s insulated himself with yesmen and outright ignored law. 

Pretty much, but hopefully this is going to end in his removal from office, if nothing else, through the election.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Pretty much, but hopefully this is going to end in his removal from office, if nothing else, through the election.

I hope so but I have my doubts. I haven’t seen anything from him at any point to indicate he would respect tradition, follow the laws, etc. He seems to have enough people bought into anything he says that it would be enough to potentially derail a transfer of power. I hate to think that way but who would have thought GOP voters would continue to support a President who made massive shifts on military alliances without consulting allies or his own military leaders? Who would have thought GOP voters would turn their backs on the intel community and the FBI? If ISIS is indeed helped by this move, will GOP voters just brush that off too? If they do, then I would say all hope is lost. Hopefully the Kurds are able to find a way to defend themselves and keep ISIS under control.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Sammy3469 said:

Nice “commander-in-chief”...I wonder what he personally got in return.

A little bit of extension before the "kompromat" hammer falls...

10 hours ago, Kal El said:

I was wondering why I've been seeing these red explosive barrels placed in dangerous locations recently.  Now it all makes sense.

So how many hours before we get the "Well the US has done some horrible things as well" line.  This another Trump apologists go to line

So let me get this right we are going to let a ton of Kurdish people get slaughtered in the next couple of days/weeks because "they didn't help in Normandy" (not true by the way as Twitter is proving) and that decision comes from a draft dodger who faked injuries.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, belljr said:

The Kurds didn't help in Normandy so.....

Erdigan convinced Trump the Kurds were too busy smoking hashish and planning terrorist attacks on the Ottoman Empire.

14 hours ago, ren hoek said:

The abrupt departure seems to indicate he wanted Turkey to have an advantage and Syria/Kurds to be caught flat-footed. 

I was wondering what your thoughts were on this. I am actually a little shocked to see you write this.

12 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

That's the way to encourage our allies. 

If there were any more strong evidence of his sociopathy I don't know what it could be. 

12 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I hope so but I have my doubts. I haven’t seen anything from him at any point to indicate he would respect tradition, follow the laws, etc. He seems to have enough people bought into anything he says that it would be enough to potentially derail a transfer of power. I hate to think that way but who would have thought GOP voters would continue to support a President who made massive shifts on military alliances without consulting allies or his own military leaders? Who would have thought GOP voters would turn their backs on the intel community and the FBI? If ISIS is indeed helped by this move, will GOP voters just brush that off too? If they do, then I would say all hope is lost. Hopefully the Kurds are able to find a way to defend themselves and keep ISIS under control.

Now imagine he has the backing of the Russian and Turkish military. 

On 10/7/2019 at 9:16 AM, Lutherman2112 said:

Lindsey will flip-flop and be a good boy in weeks.

Right on time:

Syria critic Lindsey Graham reverses stance, says Trump's policy could succeed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, who has been one of the most vocal critics of President Donald Trump’s decision to move U.S. troops out of northeastern Syria, said on Sunday he now believed “historic solutions” were possible.

In an interview with Fox News, Graham said a conversation he had with Trump over the weekend had fueled his optimism that a solution could be reached where the security of Turkey and the Kurds was guaranteed and fighters from Islamic State contained.

“I am increasingly optimistic that we can have some historic solutions in Syria that have eluded us for years if we play our cards right,” Graham said on “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Graham also said he believed the United States and Kurdish forces long allied with Washington could establish a venture to modernize Syrian oil fields, with the revenue flowing to the Kurds. “President Trump is thinking outside the box,” Graham said of Trump’s thinking on oil.

“The president appreciates what the Kurds have done,” Graham added. “He wants to make sure ISIS does not come back. I expect we will continue to partner with the Kurds in eastern Syria to make sure ISIS does not re-emerge.”

Graham, referring to the Kurdish fighters in the region, previously warned that Trump’s decision to pull out U.S. troops would lead to their “destruction.”

----

Good boy, Lindsey. Good boy.

5 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Right on time:

Syria critic Lindsey Graham reverses stance, says Trump's policy could succeed

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, who has been one of the most vocal critics of President Donald Trump’s decision to move U.S. troops out of northeastern Syria, said on Sunday he now believed “historic solutions” were possible.

In an interview with Fox News, Graham said a conversation he had with Trump over the weekend had fueled his optimism that a solution could be reached where the security of Turkey and the Kurds was guaranteed and fighters from Islamic State contained.

“I am increasingly optimistic that we can have some historic solutions in Syria that have eluded us for years if we play our cards right,” Graham said on “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Graham also said he believed the United States and Kurdish forces long allied with Washington could establish a venture to modernize Syrian oil fields, with the revenue flowing to the Kurds. “President Trump is thinking outside the box,” Graham said of Trump’s thinking on oil.

“The president appreciates what the Kurds have done,” Graham added. “He wants to make sure ISIS does not come back. I expect we will continue to partner with the Kurds in eastern Syria to make sure ISIS does not re-emerge.”

Graham, referring to the Kurdish fighters in the region, previously warned that Trump’s decision to pull out U.S. troops would lead to their “destruction.”

----

Good boy, Lindsey. Good boy.

What a spineless little man.

Richard Engel has developed relationships with the Kurds during his time in Syria, so maybe he is getting biased information.  Maybe not. Here is his latest on the betrayal, which if true, goes beyond betrayal:

"US officials tell me Trump wants to wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds. The US mil/gov gave Kurds REPEATED assurances of protection. US even asked Kurds to REMOVE defenses BEFORE the Turkish offensive. Kurds complied and now being displaced. WH says not our problem."

https://mobile.twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/1186290107852230657

Edited by SoBeDad