What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

a newer song you love? (1 Viewer)

You need someone to show you how to use YouTube/Spotify, gramps?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lNrGfu5WuOFegDfMoQ0XsnqVBrQyZVUYk

Anyway, I kind of agree with the article. The Struts are one of the first bands I can remember getting excited about in... probably 20 years at least. 
:confused:  

you linked to a band in the newer song you love thread... shouldn't you be the one linking to- you know- music? is this some kind of millennial laziness where the reader has to do all the work for you?

you linked to a band in the newer song you love thread... shouldn't you be the one linking to- you know- music? is this some kind of millennial laziness where the reader has to do all the work for you?
See, this is why I've all but stopped posting around here. Everything seems like such a battle.

The Struts are a good band. People that know such things seem to agree. I think their whole new album should be listened to. Above, I provided a link to it.

See, this is why I've all but stopped posting around here. Everything seems like such a battle.

The Struts are a good band. People that know such things seem to agree. I think their whole new album should be listened to. Above, I provided a link to it.
I was breaking your balls, andy... figured we had enough background/rapport to do so. sorry the good-natured part of it didn't come across- genuinely. see- I mentioned the millenial thing knowing you're a geezer- ball-breaking. woops! also ball-breaking there...

I appreciate the heads-up on the band, even if it doesn't turn my crank at all. an aside- the lead singer looks like a cross between pat benatar and freddie mercury. 

I was breaking your balls, andy... figured we had enough background/rapport to do so. sorry the good-natured part of it didn't come across- genuinely. see- I mentioned the millenial thing knowing you're a geezer- ball-breaking. woops! also ball-breaking there...

I appreciate the heads-up on the band, even if it doesn't turn my crank at all. an aside- the lead singer looks like a cross between pat benatar and freddie mercury. 
 Yeah was a lot over sensitive here. I just soured on this place since the great "Clay Matthews doesn't know what a tackle is/ learning disability debate" in the shark pool about a month and a half ago. I read  this through that lens - my bad.

Yeah was a lot over sensitive here. I just soured on this place since the great "Clay Matthews doesn't know what a tackle is/ learning disability debate" in the shark pool about a month and a half ago. I read  this through that lens - my bad.
CLAY MATTHEWS IS A MONSTER.

I don't know who that is.

Not really a super new song--but a song that I love.  Just love the lead singers voice--reminds me of a young Joan Jett.  Very talented and very beautiful IMO. Kerosene by The Interrupters.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2jJLswL8I

The next two songs will probably put my man card in jeopardy.  

Flora cash-you're somebody else.  A softer but cool song.  A bit of an emo-hipster vibe--but I kinda like it for some reason.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0sqWo8BHt8

21 Pilots- my blood--no, I'm not a teenage girl that finds them dreamy.  I'm not really a fan of theirs although there are a few songs of theirs that I have no problem listening to.  This one has a different sound. In brutal honesty--the first I heard it--I hated the first minute or so of it. I forced myself to listen all the way through--and after that--I kind of wanted to listen to it over and  over.  Force yourself to listen to it one time through. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvbclcerOgM

Girls, girls, enough fighting .... neither one of you are pretty.

Make It Happen - The Record Company
The slide guitar on this bangs so hard. They're touring now - unfortunately I first heard them right after they finished in the mid-Atlantic. 

I Get Up - The Tesky Brothers
First time I heard this, I thought it was a great Stax Records classic I had never heard before. The fact that it's some pasty young Aussies does not diminish my appreciation of the vocal or the horns.

I Get Up - The Tesky Brothers
First time I heard this, I thought it was a great Stax Records classic I had never heard before. The fact that it's some pasty young Aussies does not diminish my appreciation of the vocal or the horns.

:thumbup:

However, who orders two eggs over easy without hashbrowns or toast to soak up the yolk?  :mellow:

Found your problem.

I like most of Post Malone's music. I'm looking up his lesser known songs so I don't feel like a geezer.

AD - saw the Struts opening for Foo Fighters last year (actually October of 2017).  Incredible.  Flash forward to this Christmas where my son in law got me their first and second cds.  Really, really good front to back.  They may not be everyone's cup of tea - but I love them.  Evokes a little Queen, mixed in with a little My Chemical Romance among others.  Best description I have heard is Glam-Goth.

Users who are viewing this thread