What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antsports (1 Viewer)

Aggieelmore

Footballguy
I'm not sure this is the right forum, but does anyone know what's going on with antsports? I left a credit for my 1000 and 500 dollar league from last year, I paid up and nothing is happening. Anyone have any insight?

Surprised these guys haven't closed their doors. Good resource back in the day, but no improvements made to keep up with the times.

It does appear they're still running leagues. Did (or tried) a mock there beginning of preseason.....they still had only 2012 player database in place.

I haven't played there in several years, but I am still on the email list. Steve (the owner/operator) sent out an email looking to fill in open league spots at a discount, so he is still kicking.

I'm in a couple of 50 dollar leagues there and haven't had any issues but things are very shady there. Some simple things like Kenbrell Thompkins not being on the draft list, Chris Ivory being listed on the wrong team, etc make me very nervous. I get 100% of my money back each year just in case Steve closes up shop and takes my money with him. The reasons I still play there is the keeper rules are different than most leagues (keep 3 players for 2 rounds higher than you drafted) and the competition is a little easier making it an easy return on my investments each year.

For what it is worth, according to the draft dominator help section the ADP in draft dominator is derived from antsports.com. Thompkins' ADP is listed at 13.04

Wow, I thought they closed up shop after this stuff started happening 10 years ago
Me too. I haven't been back there when things went haywire a decade or so ago. Just avoid that site at all costs. I seriously can't believe it's still running and hasn't had a facelift in 10 years.

Have had enough torture from Antsports but need to find a site with an online drafting style over several days (so I can work and check in periodically). Are there any sites out there that are decent and have the same type of drafting format?

Steve is a friend of mine and a really good guy. He does need to update his site and get it more current. But he's honest and you will always get your money.

I imagine if people just stop playing there that it will fold.

He has no problem taking people's money right away, but can't be bothered keeping up the site or responding to emails..... There's no excuse for still not being paid for 2013 leagues.

From the website: Tue 07/15: All Prize checks have been put into the mail. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Antsports was THE site back in 2001-2004...The dynasty format mentioned before (3 keepers, must give up a pick 2 rds higher in the next draft) is something i plagiarized for a few of my local leagues. I dropped them around 2005 but came back last year to join two dynasty and two redraft...the site is EXACTLY as it looked from the first day I played there. Talk about low overhead. There are little problems you have to tolerate but I like it for it's 'old school' feel.

I have a question for kutta, Steve's friend: Does he employ help, or does he try to do it all himself?

Antsports was THE site back in 2001-2004...The dynasty format mentioned before (3 keepers, must give up a pick 2 rds higher in the next draft) is something i plagiarized for a few of my local leagues. I dropped them around 2005 but came back last year to join two dynasty and two redraft...the site is EXACTLY as it looked from the first day I played there. Talk about low overhead. There are little problems you have to tolerate but I like it for it's 'old school' feel.

I have a question for kutta, Steve's friend: Does he employ help, or does he try to do it all himself?
When you say little problems, are you referring to viruses that permanently damage your hard drive or his wife getting in the way of payments?

It's pretty much all him. He'll have folks help out here and there, but he does all the programming and support himself.

When you say little problems, are you referring to viruses that permanently damage your hard drive or his wife getting in the way of payments?
Nah, I don't know nothing about that stuff...I was referring to the delay in waiver processing, the duplicate players in the database and certain players not in the database. I am not aware of any alleged personal issues. I just figured he was trying to run a business all by himself and he's in over his head.

Looks like it may be coming to an end....... You know it's bad when you're having to tell people you're going to be open for the season. I never wish anyone to fold up shop, but when it's taking 7-8 months for folks to get paid I don't have a whole lot of sympathy. We're heading into Week 2 of preseason and signups aren't available yet.

From Main Page:

"AntSports WILL be opening for the 2014 soon."

I've enjoyed playing in multiple Antsports leagues for years but 2013 was too much for me. After 3-4 months into 2013 I figured that I wasn't going to get my winnings. When I finally recieved a check in July (to my surprise) I just couldn't bring myself to put more money at risk. I might play again in the future (providing Steve turns things around) but not this year.

I agree. I've been in a trophy league there for years. I played in a money league there for the first time last year and won money. I didn't think I would get paid, but finally did. No way would I play in a money league there again this year. If the website opens for this year I will play in the trophy league though because I won it and would have a free play.

What Kutta is saying about "always getting your money" is DEFINITELY NOT TRUE. If you live in 1 of the 6/7 states that considers winnings from FF as a form of gambling, then you won't EVER see your money. I lived in 1 of those states for the first year I played in AntSports, then moved and tried to change my address. He wouldn't let me do it. The ONLY option he gave me was for me to continue to play on the credit from my winnings, even though I lived in a state where I could have been paid. The interesting part is that as long as the winnings are less than $500, neither the state nor the IRS need to be notified. Just another way that good old Steve doesn't have to pay.

RIP Antsports...it was fun while it lasted but with only 14 days to the start of the season, i think the writing is on the wall...bummer, especially for the keeper leagues.

What Kutta is saying about "always getting your money" is DEFINITELY NOT TRUE. If you live in 1 of the 6/7 states that considers winnings from FF as a form of gambling, then you won't EVER see your money. I lived in 1 of those states for the first year I played in AntSports, then moved and tried to change my address. He wouldn't let me do it. The ONLY option he gave me was for me to continue to play on the credit from my winnings, even though I lived in a state where I could have been paid. The interesting part is that as long as the winnings are less than $500, neither the state nor the IRS need to be notified. Just another way that good old Steve doesn't have to pay.
Well that sucks. I see him every week at the Cardinal games. If you haven't gotten paid, let me know and I'll beat on him a bit.

It will be interesting to see what he has to say about his site. It looks like leagues are being cancelled. I'll report back if I get any info.

I had a group of friends who played on Antsports pretty consistently from 2001 through 2008. In 2009, we collectively bailed as the site continued to decline and payments got sketchier (as in they would eventually come, but we were all convinced Steve was going to take he money and run at some point). A facebook site has been put up in Antsports' (dis)honor:

https://www.facebook.com/antsportsisevil

As reported on the facebook page, folks are reportedly filing complaints with the Arizona Attorney General. Fun times.

But my personal favorite is the definition of Antsports Steve'd in the Urban Dictionary (NSFW):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AntSports%20Steve%27d

I had a group of friends who played on Antsports pretty consistently from 2001 through 2008. In 2009, we collectively bailed as the site continued to decline and payments got sketchier (as in they would eventually come, but we were all convinced Steve was going to take he money and run at some point). A facebook site has been put up in Antsports' (dis)honor:

https://www.facebook.com/antsportsisevil

As reported on the facebook page, folks are reportedly filing complaints with the Arizona Attorney General. Fun times.

But my personal favorite is the definition of Antsports Steve'd in the Urban Dictionary (NSFW):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=AntSports%20Steve%27d
Lol

Opened here.

:

Says 'Antsports WILL be open for 2014 season'. Yet here we are Week 3 of preseason and sign ups not allowed :lol: Do everyone a favor Steve a close up shop. You had a nice run.

are there still two Marc Bulgers?
I'll never forget this. Epic, really.
Haha, remember this and you as well. Ward being a #####, never got my little football. Good times.
You on the Fever? :oldunsure:
I was for a while but got sick of the same. I used the same moniker, what about you?
I still pop in there occasionally. Different username though. This thread spurred me to check in there for the first time in a month or two.

played there many years ago also, stopped when he decided to go from one of the best % pay out sites to one of the worst in a year..must have been like 10 years ago now that happened...Steve was always fair with me but things got very tough to deal with towards the end of my playing days there when he when way up on his rake. ..had he just played his cards better he'd be still one of is not the biggest of all FF pay for play sites out here imo. Not sure if it was his wife or some banking issues he was having but something got in the way of him going HUGE in this business and its to bad cuz that was the place to play when FF started blowing up out here. Not enough upgrades and a hube % rke increade was the end of his big run imo...i still have all his trophies and medals he sent to his winners with the prize winnings all over the place here lol

to who was looking for a place to play..look no further than right here at FBG/FFPC Contest, which may just be the best Contest going and imo one day could be the first contest to hand over a ONE MILLION DOLLAR CHECK TO ITS WINNER its getting that big and is run by the best professional people and customer service reps in the industry imo.

http://footballguys.com/fpc_overview.php

kutta said:
Well that sucks. I see him every week at the Cardinal games. If you haven't gotten paid, let me know and I'll beat on him a bit.It will be interesting to see what he has to say about his site. It looks like leagues are being cancelled. I'll report back if I get any info.
If you could you can ask him for me. I'm owed $180 haven't received yet. Username utfantexas on antsports. Could really use my money right now. I have not been able to get ahold of him.

kutta said:
Well that sucks. I see him every week at the Cardinal games. If you haven't gotten paid, let me know and I'll beat on him a bit.It will be interesting to see what he has to say about his site. It looks like leagues are being cancelled. I'll report back if I get any info.
If you could you can ask him for me. I'm owed $180 haven't received yet. Username utfantexas on antsports. Could really use my money right now. I have not been able to get ahold of him.
I will. It will have to be the first regular season game, but I'll bring it up and let you know what he says.

I will.It will have to be the first regular season game, but I'll bring it up and let you know what he says.
Any luck with this? Looks like all the servers are down and he run away with our money =(

Users who are viewing this thread