Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
austinball

DeSean Jackson

NFC East:

Redskins vs Eagles for 1/2.

And then Cowboys/Giants for 3/4.

I could easily see the opposite happening.

Agree it's wide open.

It's become impossible to tell who's going to win that division each year.

Will be much more interesting now for sure.

With each team being less-than-stocked from top to bottom, one or 2 injuries can drop a team doing well right to the bottom of the division. If Eli goes down, or Romo, or Griffin, or Foles, their team is pretty screwed.

Not sure if starting QBs is the best example of the point you're trying to make. Nearly any team that loses their QB is screwed.

@Jeff_McLane: This picture captures one reason DeSean didn't fit Chip's culture. RT @4EverDry: speaks volumes #eagles #redskins http://t.co/s216WwApkL

Really scraping there.

At least he's not throwing up gang signs.

@MikeGarafolo: Three-year deal for DeSean Jackson with the Redskins. And it's apparently a whopper. We'll see what the numbers wind up being.

I've seen 3 years 24 million with 16 million guaranteed.

We are screwed. ...making a splash in free agency always works out great for the Skins.

Hey, it's kind of like the Eagles deal he had.

Except about $6 million less.

Apparently gang ties don't increase market value. Go figure.

@MikeGarafolo: Three-year deal for DeSean Jackson with the Redskins. And it's apparently a whopper. We'll see what the numbers wind up being.

Pretty reasonable deal, IMO. I was expecting the Skins to overpay even worse.

Which mean I'm setting the over/under at 2/7/2015 as to the first rumors that DeSean's agent is asking for a raise.

Which mean I'm setting the over/under at 2/7/2015 as to the first rumors that DeSean's agent is asking for a raise.

I hope that he does. Would be good if he out preforms his current deal.

Still haven't seen an official link to the contract numbers. If true 3 yrs, 24M with 16 guaranteed is a really nice deal for Wash.

@Jeff_McLane: This picture captures one reason DeSean didn't fit Chip's culture. RT @4EverDry: speaks volumes #eagles #redskins http://t.co/s216WwApkL

Really scraping there.

The picture is straight from DeSean's instagram and there's also a video and a picture of him celebrating with his teammates.

No question he does.....end of this year making over $10 mil when he left the facility skipping his meeting he said "my agent has a plan". Quality guy.

This is not going to end well. Jackson was already complaining about his contract when he made far more in Philly. He isn't going to suddenly become unselfish and humble.

This is not going to end well. Jackson was already complaining about his contract when he made far more in Philly. He isn't going to suddenly become unselfish and humble.

Dont ruin the honeymoon.

Hey, it's kind of like the Eagles deal he had.

Except about $6 million less.

About $6m more guaranteed. If he had a bad year this year or tore his ACL he'd probably come out lower than this deal ($10m for 2014 and then $3-5m for 2015 on a new contract).

No question he does.....end of this year making over $10 mil when he left the facility skipping his meeting he said "my agent has a plan". Quality guy.

Well if the stories about being broke are true, his agent's plan got him less money but he got cash sooner rather than wait until Sept's game checks to come in.

If Jay Gruden uses him like his brother used Joey Galloway or Antonio Bryant, then I would expect him to have similar numbers. 80/1200/9. I think that is the floor. Tampa never had a QB with an arm like RG3, so I could see him doing much better if RG3 is accurate hitting him long.

NFC East:

Agree it's wide open.

Well, expect we know Dallas isn't going to win it.

Really scraping there.

The picture is straight from DeSean's instagram and there's also a video and a picture of him celebrating with his teammates.

So they're all in a gang?

Mike Garafolo’s timeline suggests Raiders did background check and wouldn’t offer large amounts while other teams only offered one year deals.

Really scraping there.

So they're all in a gang?

Yeah....this is all going over your head. I understand since you're used to defending your teams moves for like the last decade but it was a tonue in cheek post by McLane....his follow up retweet was a little more clear. Relax :lmao:

Edited by Bigboy10182000

@MikeClayNFL: 2014 DeSean Jackson projection: 63 receptions, 921 yards, 6 touchdowns, 4 carries, 24 yards. #Redskins

As a Skins fan - I'm cool with that

As a DJax fantasy owner - Little disappointed

I'd think his YPC will be higher than that assuming both he and RG3 stay healthy all year. 14.6 would be the lowest of his career.

Today will be Bitter Eagle Fans Day.

Ha that's everyday.

Skins win the offseason once again.

Ha that's everyday.

Again.

You would think the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me would apply...in their case it's more like fool me a hundred times and I'll just pretend the other 99 didnt happen.....

The pressue to win for them is NOW....for a 3-13 team who doesnt even have a first round pick..

Ha that's everyday.

Again.

You would think the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me would apply...in their case it's more like fool me a hundred times and I'll just pretend the other 99 didnt happen.....

The pressue to win for them is NOW....for a 3-13 team who doesnt even have a first round pick..

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Fixed.

• Like 1

He's a flack for this guy McLane.

Jeff McLane offered this nugget in a column from yesterday.

Two Eagles players who requested anonymity said that Jackson wasnt a clubhouse cancer, but he had become a distraction. They would not offer specifics. Both questioned whether his loss would hurt the offense and opined that he wouldnt be difficult to replace.

Jeff McClane just had a story (check the Tweets I posted in the Eagles thread from Lawlor) its in one of the last 2 where he says teamates said that Jackson "wasnt a cancer" but was "becoming a distraction" and they were fine with him being released.

Who posted in: DeSean Jackson

Member name Posts Faust 59 Bigboy10182000 48 massraider 35 fatness 34 GoBirds 28 cstu 22 Insein 21 Raiderfan32904 15 thriftyrocker 13 Tool 13 Hang 10 13 JetMaxx 12 jurb26 12 dehaven123 12 Tackling Dummies 11 ConnSKINS26 11 SaintsInDome2006 11 msudaisy26 11 False Start 9 B-Deep 8 Terpman22 8 Coeur de Lion 7 duaneok66 6 unckeyherb 6 KellysHeroes 6 lod01 5 Amused to Death 5 ghostguy123 5 ShaHBucks 5 Dr. Octopus 4 MoveToSkypager 4 Archer 3 NetnautX 3 RUSF18 3 Long Ball Larry 3 JaxBill 3 babydemon90 3 Englishteacher 3 Snotbubbles 3 werdnoynek 3 ldizzle 3 identikit 3 mbuehner 3 Boone22 2 Gandalf 2 Sinrman 2 Sweetness_34 2 Run It Up 2 Pots 2 Kool-Aid Larry 2 Ministry of Pain 2 Nucker101 2 MattFancy 2 Jeremy 2 BigSteelThrill 2 flapgreen 2 Rookie_Whisperer 2 RGIII HTTR 2 need2know 2 Gr00vus 2 Bob Magaw 2 bulger2holt 2 DoubleG 1 The Hank 1 matuski 1 Shawn 1 joffer 1 Donnybrook 1 Darryl Talley 1 Da Guru 1 ILUVBEER99 1 DocHolliday 1 adrenaline 1 iamkoza 1 fruity pebbles 1 oregonbrewed 1 az_prof 1 Coach3K 1 JamesTheScot 1 Voice Of Reason 1 womb 1 Ketamine Dreams 1 Todd Andrews 1 karmarooster 1 GoodLloydHaveMercy 1 Braktastic 1 Rockchild 1 munygon2 1 mquinnjr 1 Zaphod 1 Phenix 1 Mingooch 1 Itchy Amos 1 Kwai Chang Caine 1 delusional 1 Awful Waffle 1 renesauz 1 buck naked 1 Demian 1 rockaction 1 flysack 1 Quez 1 austinball 1 Corn Rocket 1 Warrior 1 Beerguzzler 1 Bruce Hammond 1 Baloney Sandwich 1 Kuz 1 gethugefast1 1 LargeMouthBass 1 Steed 1

:lmao:

Edited by Hang 10

Ha that's everyday.

Again.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Fixed.

I did forget them....it's a sad reality isnt it?

I'd think his YPC will be higher than that assuming both he and RG3 stay healthy all year. 14.6 would be the lowest of his career.

Interesting stat

Remember, too, that in that playoff game, Jackson caught three passes for 53 yards, hardly the big-game production the Eagles expected or needed.

But it wasn't really a surprise. In eight games against teams under .500 in 2013, Jackson had 51 receptions for 849 yards and seven touchdowns. Against teams above .500, he was held to 28 catches, 483 yards and two touchdowns.

Who posted in: DeSean Jackson

Member name Posts Faust 59 Bigboy10182000 48 massraider 35 fatness 34 GoBirds 28 cstu 22 Insein 21 Raiderfan32904 15 thriftyrocker 13 Tool 13 Hang 10 13 JetMaxx 12 jurb26 12 dehaven123 12 Tackling Dummies 11 ConnSKINS26 11 SaintsInDome2006 11 msudaisy26 11 False Start 9 B-Deep 8 Terpman22 8 Coeur de Lion 7 duaneok66 6 unckeyherb 6 KellysHeroes 6 lod01 5 Amused to Death 5 ghostguy123 5 ShaHBucks 5 Dr. Octopus 4 MoveToSkypager 4 Archer 3 NetnautX 3 RUSF18 3 Long Ball Larry 3 JaxBill 3 babydemon90 3 Englishteacher 3 Snotbubbles 3 werdnoynek 3 ldizzle 3 identikit 3 mbuehner 3 Boone22 2 Gandalf 2 Sinrman 2 Sweetness_34 2 Run It Up 2 Pots 2 Kool-Aid Larry 2 Ministry of Pain 2 Nucker101 2 MattFancy 2 Jeremy 2 BigSteelThrill 2 flapgreen 2 Rookie_Whisperer 2 RGIII HTTR 2 need2know 2 Gr00vus 2 Bob Magaw 2 bulger2holt 2 DoubleG 1 The Hank 1 matuski 1 Shawn 1 joffer 1 Donnybrook 1 Darryl Talley 1 Da Guru 1 ILUVBEER99 1 DocHolliday 1 adrenaline 1 iamkoza 1 fruity pebbles 1 oregonbrewed 1 az_prof 1 Coach3K 1 JamesTheScot 1 Voice Of Reason 1 womb 1 Ketamine Dreams 1 Todd Andrews 1 karmarooster 1 GoodLloydHaveMercy 1 Braktastic 1 Rockchild 1 munygon2 1 mquinnjr 1 Zaphod 1 Phenix 1 Mingooch 1 Itchy Amos 1 Kwai Chang Caine 1 delusional 1 Awful Waffle 1 renesauz 1 buck naked 1 Demian 1 rockaction 1 flysack 1 Quez 1 austinball 1 Corn Rocket 1 Warrior 1 Beerguzzler 1 Bruce Hammond 1 Baloney Sandwich 1 Kuz 1 gethugefast1 1 LargeMouthBass 1 Steed 1

:lmao:

Faust with the Roto news etc. and me with the Tweets

You have an odd way of saying thanks but you're welcome :thumbup:

Edited by Bigboy10182000

We are screwed. ...making a splash in free agency always works out great for the Skins.

predicting the NFC east is folly. all these teams can be real good or suck real bad. The safest prediction i can make is the cowboys will be 8-8, one way or another

• Like 1

If Jay Gruden uses him like his brother used Joey Galloway or Antonio Bryant, then I would expect him to have similar numbers. 80/1200/9. I think that is the floor. Tampa never had a QB with an arm like RG3, so I could see him doing much better if RG3 is accurate hitting him long.

i don't think people on this board understand the concept of floor

you just said his FLOOR approximately matches his carrer high numbers.

• Like 1

NFC East:

Agree it's wide open.

Well, expect we know Dallas isn't going to win it.

they could, if 8-8 wins the division

which last year it almost did!!!!

• Like 1

Exactly. Jackson played for Andy Reid for 5 years and didn't hit those numbers. One great year under Kelly and now that's his floor? I think the Jackson love is getting a little carried away.

Exactly. Jackson played for Andy Reid for 5 years and didn't hit those numbers. One great year under Kelly and now that's his floor? I think the Jackson love is getting a little carried away.

The dude has mad speed, those numbers are certainly possible, but they are not his floor.

Interesting stat

Remember, too, that in that playoff game, Jackson caught three passes for 53 yards, hardly the big-game production the Eagles expected or needed.

But it wasn't really a surprise. In eight games against teams under .500 in 2013, Jackson had 51 receptions for 849 yards and seven touchdowns. Against teams above .500, he was held to 28 catches, 483 yards and two touchdowns.

Meh, you can create false-narratives through these types of stats quite easily due to the small sample size of a 16 game season(with single elimination playoffs). For a huge percentage of players, you can criticize one of their recent seasons with one of the following:

-They did poorly vs teams over .500

-They did poorly vs playoff teams

-They did poorly vs playoff teams from last year

-They did poorly vs top 10 defenses

-They got a large percentage of their stats versus bottom 10 defenses

-They did poorly vs division leaders

-They did poorly vs division opponents

-They did poorly in prime time games

-They did poorly in clutch situations and/or during the 4th quarter

All of which will point towards a lack of clutchness or towards stat-padding versus bad teams(and not succeeding versus the good ones). In reality, its just statistical variance most of the time. Moreover, I usually find that the authors of such stats are trying to promote a narrative rather than seek out the truth. In this particular case, the author says "But it wasn't really a surprise" which implies that the author believes there is indeed a meaningful data trend with regards to DJax's production vs teams over .500. Rather than jump to that conclusion, I would've liked to see him break down other years to see if the trend exists over a larger sample size.

So will his production go up or down because of his move?

I have no idea. A large, large part of that will depend on the Redskins offensive line (which was terrible at pass blocking last year) and on how well Gruden, McVey, Griffin, and the receivers work together.

I have no idea. A large, large part of that will depend on the Redskins offensive line (which was terrible at pass blocking last year) and on how well Gruden, McVey, Griffin, and the receivers work together.

A side stat I heard on the radio this morning: in the Dan Snyder era the Redskins have signed FA's with 20 total pro bowls but none has had a pro bowl season with the Redskins.

A side stat I heard on the radio this morning: in the Dan Snyder era the Redskins have signed FA's with 20 total pro bowls but none has had a pro bowl season with the Redskins.

Haha this sums it up perfectly.