Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
austinball

DeSean Jackson

I just read like a 1-2 pages of this thread. Lets stop the internet cat fight. If we are referring to DJax as a woman then bros > hoes. She's not worth fighting over.

On his afternoon show today Chris Cooley said he had a similar dispute with his agent, it went to arbitration, and he (Cooley) lost. $125k or so I believe he said.

Djax tripped an old lady crossing the road in a rain storm after kicking her puppy. Fatness defense?

He will have one.

On his afternoon show today Chris Cooley said he had a similar dispute with his agent, it went to arbitration, and he (Cooley) lost. $125k or so I believe he said.

Djax tripped an old lady crossing the road in a rain storm after kicking her puppy. Fatness defense?

I posted that to show that Cooley is a gangster.

Good post Bigboy. As a Giants fan I have a vested interest in what goes on in the division and I am just happy the Giants did not sign someone like Jackson. I am not a huge fan of 'me' first players like Jackson.

Didn't your QB get drafted by San Diego and then pout his way over to NYC? Seems like an example of the opposite of a team first attitude.

• Like 1

Good post Bigboy. As a Giants fan I have a vested interest in what goes on in the division and I am just happy the Giants did not sign someone like Jackson. I am not a huge fan of 'me' first players like Jackson.

Didn't your QB get drafted by San Diego and then pout his way over to NYC? Seems like an example of the opposite of a team first attitude.

He's also won two Super Bowls with the team he wined too. They probably don't really care about his attitude at this point.

Edited by CentralPA

He's also won two Super Bowls with the team he wined too. They probably don't really care about his attitude at this point.

yeah

meanwhile the chargers have, well, not won any super bowls

hard to blame the guy for being right

yeah

meanwhile the chargers have, well, not won any super bowls

hard to blame the guy for being right

Not to mention pre-draft, the only team a prospect has is himself.

Now imagine the team he avoided was the Eagles. It would be "NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET!"

You are comparing two separate things. The business side of football vs being a good teammate. Eli is a model teammate and always has been. He is a dedicated and respected hard worker who has won over the locker room of his peers and lead them to two SB's. Jackson well he was just fired from his team and many of his teammates are happy to see him go.

You are comparing two separate things. The business side of football vs being a good teammate. Eli is a model teammate and always has been. He is a dedicated and respected hard worker who has won over the locker room of his peers and lead them to two SB's. Jackson well he was just fired from his team and many of his teammates are happy to see him go.

Do you think he would have been a model teammate in SD had he not got his way?

Do you think he would have been a model teammate in SD had he not got his way?

Yes he would have. His character is not one that should be questioned. There are countless reasons to think what he did on a business level was stupid, or childish. However, I don't think Eli is a player that would ever be a negative impact in a locker room or a me first type of player.

He will have one.

Is it any different then a Eagles fan always having some sort of attack lined up?

Edited by False Start

I agree that Eli is a good teammate, that seems to be my impression. But I also believe he is "me first" as well.

I don't know if DJax is a bad teammate or not. I don't trust anything the Eagles have said about it in 2014, they're biased and hoping to justify actions which may have hurt their team.

I agree that Eli is a good teammate, that seems to be my impression. But I also believe he is "me first" as well.

I don't know if DJax is a bad teammate or not. I don't trust anything the Eagles have said about it in 2014, they're biased and hoping to justify actions which may have hurt their team.

it doesn't much matter if he was a bad teammate anyway, it only matters if he will be.

even if he was before, there is a chance all of the events of this off season change the way he acts. of course, it could also impact him in a bad way.

All that matters is how he performs going forward, and with him staying in the same division there is no doubt that will define who won and lost this. If he was a total ### and the eagles had no choice but to cut him and he makes Washington better, the Eagles will be the losers. Conversly, if he was majorly jobbed by the Eagles, but has a sub par season in DC, the skins will be the losers.

and the giants are always losers...

(kidding!)

it doesn't much matter if he was a bad teammate anyway, it only matters if he will be.

even if he was before, there is a chance all of the events of this off season change the way he acts. of course, it could also impact him in a bad way.

All that matters is how he performs going forward, and with him staying in the same division there is no doubt that will define who won and lost this. If he was a total ### and the eagles had no choice but to cut him and he makes Washington better, the Eagles will be the losers. Conversly, if he was majorly jobbed by the Eagles, but has a sub par season in DC, the skins will be the losers.

(kidding!)

I agree that it will only matter if he has learned from his previous faults. If he has a turn around like Marshall has in Chicago this will be an awesome signing for the Redskins.

(kidding!)

I agree that it will only matter if he has learned from his previous faults. If he has a turn around like Marshall has in Chicago this will be an awesome signing for the Redskins.

I don't think he will ever dominate like Marshall does consistently but I bet he has a good year maybe 2 but doesn't put the Skins over the top. By the 3rd season he's faded and whatever WR the birds draft this year will be entering his prime. You would think after the soap opera this year he has to come in motivated for once.

(kidding!)

FWIW, last time something like this happened (McNabb), Eagles got the better of it. Hoping the Skins get the better of this one.

If I remember correctly, the only Eagles to say anything publicly (McCoy, Foles) said he was a good teammate.

Rotoworld:

Coach Chip Kelly says the Eagles received "no offers" for DeSean Jackson before his release.

Kelly also insisted D-Jax's release was for football reasons. "We just wanted to go in a different direction," Kelly said. "It had nothing to do with any article." That, of course, is in reference to Jackson's supposed "gang ties." If the Eagles truly received "no offers" for their No. 1 receiver, it was because of his salary, not any off-the-field scuttlebutt.
Related: Eagles

Jay Gruden on DeSean Jackson: 'I don't know about any red flags'

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

The Redskins headed into the offseason needing, among other things, a big-play threat. They found it in DeSean Jackson, whom they signed to a three-year, $24 million deal earlier this month after the Eagles sent him packing following six mostly productive seasons.

The reason Philly wanted to move on: According to second-year coach Chip Kelly, it had nothing to do with alleged gang ties but was "purely football" and "we just anted to go in a different direction."

Fair enough.

Meanwhile, new Redskins coach Jay Gruden has no reservations -- either on or off the field -- about Jackson, who ranked sixth in total value among all wideout last season, according to Football Outsiders.

“I don't know about any red flags,” Gruden said, via ESPN.com's John Keim. “I know he's a great football player. We met him, I felt great about his character. Time will tell, but I don't foresee any challenges in that regard. He's a good player. He's been productive. I think we're excited to have him and anything off the field, we're not concerned about.

“We're counting on DeSean as a player and person moving forward that he's going to be a fit in the locker room and obviously be a great asset off the field.”

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said the team did its "due diligence" on Jackson before bringing him to Washington to bolster an offense that sputtered in 2013.

“We try to form our own opinions on people,” Allen said. “The way it transpired it gives us a fully day just to get to know him. We feel he has a lot of good football in him and he's a good young man. He wants to be great in the NFL."

Allen also said the opinion of other players also helped in the evaluation process.

“The player community is a very small group and everybody knows each other," Allen said. "They know the good and the bad and the indifferent. We felt very comfortable what we found out about him and felt very comfortable after talking to him and spending a day with him and seeing how he'd fit into the locker room. Our players embraced him.”

In case you're wondering: The Redskins host the Eagles in Week 3 of the 2014 season, and travel to Philly in Week 17.

Edited by Faust

Kelly is talking out of his but here. McCoy faced 8 man boxes rather rarely last season. His assertion that DJax, and basically all of his pass catchers for that matter, were singled up a lot of the time is total BS according to this.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Edited by jurb26

Kelly is talking out of his but here. McCoy faced 8 man boxes rather rarely last season. His assertion that DJax, and basically all of his pass catchers for that matter, were singled up a lot of the time is total BS according to this.

ummmmm........

The article you posted gave no statistical analysis on DeSean getting double covered. There are articles on the myth that Jackson was double covered and it backs it up with analysis.

Kelly is talking out of his but here. McCoy faced 8 man boxes rather rarely last season. His assertion that DJax, and basically all of his pass catchers for that matter, were singled up a lot of the time is total BS according to this.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

The article you posted gave no statistical analysis on DeSean getting double covered. There are articles on the myth that Jackson was double covered and it backs it up with analysis.

Then provide those articles.

Also, I was pointing out that teams were not selling out to stop the run/McCoy (Kelly's claim) and leaving all Philly pass catchers singled up, not just Jackson.

Kelly is talking out of his but here. McCoy faced 8 man boxes rather rarely last season. His assertion that DJax, and basically all of his pass catchers for that matter, were singled up a lot of the time is total BS according to this.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/08/facing-eight-in-the-box/

Also, I was pointing out that teams were not selling out to stop the run/McCoy (Kelly's claim) and leaving all Philly pass catchers singled up, not just Jackson.

Look them up yourself. Try Google. HTH.

Look them up yourself. Try Google. HTH.

I have.

I guess you mean articles like this one that are intended to make you believe things like this by isolating only a few plays yet still come up with gems like this in their dialog.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/07/29/cooper-desean-theory/

"Because of Jackson's ability, the underneath defender travels with him, while the safety essentially provides a double team.

Cooper, meanwhile, is one-on-one against a safety, Morgan Burnett - a matchup starting wide receivers should win. And to Cooper's credit, he does.

Even though it's zone coverage, when routes get downfield, everything turns into man - especially in the red zone. And it's fair to say that a threat like Jackson will draw attention and therefore create favorable situation for his teammates.

"I think that when you have a guy like DeSean, they definitely do key in on him. Hes a tremendous athlete. Hes a player you have to game plan," said Foles. "... DeSean definitely does that, he definitely draws defenses attention. Id be lying if I said no he doesnt do that. He does."

Edited by jurb26

in 2012?

Are DJax owners starting him or putting on the bench to see what he does first?

Got djax in over maclin right now.. just got a feeling hes going to get a long td

How did DJax look? Was RG3 looking his very very often?

He looked good and seemed to get a decent amount of targets. Wash wasn't taking any shots down field for some reason which was surprising. Maybe the Hou front was creating too much pressure. Unless Wash opens up the play calling he will likely disappoint.