Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
austinball

DeSean Jackson

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson - WR - Redskins

DeSean Jackson (shoulder) said he plans to play Week 3 against the Eagles.

"I don't plan on missing this game," Jackson said. You can bet Jackson will do everything in his power to play his first game back in Philly. And look for the Redskins to get him some looks early against his former teammates. Jackson can be penciled into fantasy lineups. His practice status will be updated later today.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter

Sep 17 - 12:09 PM

Follow the money

Like i said in the Eagles thread, if its just about money, then they did this so poorly it makes me lose a little faith in Chip and Howies abilities. It can't be just about money.

It's much easier to put up with a problem player making $1M than one making $10M. Especially when that player still complains about how much money he's making.

Now tell me how easy it is to fine 82/1332/9?

:scared:

Think he'll play?

Saying he will. Think he could have a big game this week but hasnt looked like a 82/1332/9 so far.
Well the QB he was playing with just wasn't effective. I like his chances with Cousins.

Watching a great E:60 piece on D-Jax. Check it out if you see it. Brandon Marshall is profiled in the same episode.

It was interesting. I had read a Sports Illustrated article about his father and how he was obsessed with turning Jackson into an NFL player. Seeing the footage brings it more to life.

I loved how the first thing Andy Reid said to Desean on the phone when he called him to say the Eagles were about to draft him was "I don't want to deal with your father at all."

Watching a great E:60 piece on D-Jax. Check it out if you see it. Brandon Marshall is profiled in the same episode.

It was interesting. I had read a Sports Illustrated article about his father and how he was obsessed with turning Jackson into an NFL player. Seeing the footage brings it more to life.

I loved how the first thing Andy Reid said to Desean on the phone when he called him to say the Eagles were about to draft him was "I don't want to deal with your father at all."

Yeah, his dad was nuts. However, it worked and so he has opportunities in life that he may never had any other way. Just like an Asian tiger mom pushing their kid in academics.

Think he'll play?

Saying he will. Think he could have a big game this week but hasnt looked like a 82/1332/9 so far.

Well the QB he was playing with just wasn't effective. I like his chances with Cousins.

Same QB they planned on having?

Hilarious.

Washington Redskins WR DeSean Jackson was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles in the offseason because of his size, according to head coach Chip Kelly. "Yeah, just trying to build the overall team in terms of what we're looking for offensively and how we wanted to get bigger at the wideout spot and that's what we did," Kelly said. Kelly also said Jackson's character off the field did not weigh in the decision.

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson remained out of Redskins practice Thursday.

D-Jax was limited to stationary-bike duties. He's expected to test his shoulder on Friday, and remains on track for Week 3. Jackson will be a boom-or-bust WR3 with Kirk Cousins making his first start in place of Robert Griffin III.

Sep 18 - 6:43 PM

Hilarious.

Washington Redskins WR DeSean Jackson was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles in the offseason because of his size, according to head coach Chip Kelly. "Yeah, just trying to build the overall team in terms of what we're looking for offensively and how we wanted to get bigger at the wideout spot and that's what we did," Kelly said. Kelly also said Jackson's character off the field did not weigh in the decision.

Yet his biggest FA addition to the offense this season was Darren "Spud Webb" Sproles?

Hilarious.

Yet his biggest FA addition to the offense this season was Darren "Spud Webb" Sproles?

"...we wanted to bet bigger at the WIDEOUT spot..."

Hilarious.

I'm just saying, if he was a height supremisist, he wouldn't have gone after Sproles.

No chance he cut DJax just because of his height. None.

Hilarious.

I'm just saying, if he was a height supremisist, he wouldn't have gone after Sproles.

It wasn't just because of his height, but that was a factor. Jackson plays small, Sproles doesn't.

Hilarious.

It wasn't just because of his height, but that was a factor. Jackson plays small, Sproles doesn't.

What's the big deal in coming out and saying he's a piss-poor teammate? It's not like they're concerned about his value then or especailly now. They cut him for fks sake. The fact that this is still rolling around is pathetic.

Hilarious.

What's the big deal in coming out and saying he's a piss-poor teammate? It's not like they're concerned about his value then or especailly now. They cut him for fks sake. The fact that this is still rolling around is pathetic.

What the big deal about not saying it?

Hilarious.

What the big deal about not saying it?

I'll tell you what the big deal is. The big deal is that this is America. These colors don't run.

What are the predictions some have Jackson this week?

Still think hes an 80/1300/9 guy?

I'd say that's an unlikely stat line for this week.

Or this season.

I bet he puts up good stats this week, his team loses, he's happy.

Hilarious.

DJax was a non entity in red zone looks. This is due to his size. Bigger WRs do better in RZ jump balls, fade routes etc. smaller RBs do very well behind big lines. Makes perfect sense to me. Definitely not THE ONLY reason to jettison him, as work ethic and general locker room atmosphere certainly played a role, but to say that size was not a reason seems silly to me.

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson - WR - Redskins

DeSean Jackson (shoulder) did not appear 100 percent fluid when reaching above his head to make catches during Friday's practice.

Jackson only participated in the individual drill portion of practice. It's clear his sprained left shoulder is not 100 percent, but he's going to do everything he can to suit up against the team that cut him. The Redskins plan to work Jackson out with trainers on Saturday and again on Sunday morning before making a final decision on his status. We'll know by noon ET Sunday.

Source: ESPN.com

Sep 19 - 10:39 PM

Probably going with Woodhead or Wheaten over DJax in PPR.

Just can't risk another early exit. It's tough when your floor is zero and makes it easy to bench.

The whole revenge factor is attractive though. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but new QB's best way to earn trust with DJax would be to feed him the ball early against his old team that cut him. It would be a good trust move for Cousins.

Just worried he could get knocked out after that first catch.

Since Gruden was making a joke playing off of Chip Kelly's "reasons" for cutting Desean (size, and hence blocking ability), I'm sure he did. Reading the text doesn't do it justice, he was joking. Desean can't stop raving about how much better the locker room has treated him in DC and it seems like he's fitting in great.

Since Gruden was making a joke playing off of Chip Kelly's "reasons" for cutting Desean (size, and hence blocking ability), I'm sure he did. Reading the text doesn't do it justice, he was joking. Desean can't stop raving about how much better the locker room has treated him in DC and it seems like he's fitting in great.

Seems like he would be a better fit there makes sense. Hadnt followed much Gruden.

I'm rolling with him over Hopkins or Boldin.

His floor might be zero, but his ceiling is up there. I think this is Djax's revenge game and they will feed the ball to him. I think Cousins gets him a score.

He's had this game marked on the schedule since he was traded and he WILL NOT BE DENIED :towelwave::football::boxing:

GO DJAX, rub Chippers nose in it!!!!

Rolling with him over Cruz ..think he wants revenge vs eagles

Taking him over wright for the same reason. Hoping he gets at least one big play to make it worth while.

NFLN just said he hasn't even come out to warmup with the team yet. I'm benching him.

So either he's healthier than expected and doesn't want Philly to know, or he's going to be a decoy and doesn't want Philly to see him limited before the kickoff.

I benched him for McFadden in a PPR league flex spot. Might end up regretting it, but can't the chance on a zero.

NFLN just said he hasn't even come out to warmup with the team yet. I'm benching him.

So either he's healthier than expected and doesn't want Philly to know, or he's going to be a decoy and doesn't want Philly to see him limited before the kickoff.

I benched him for McFadden in a PPR league flex spot. Might end up regretting it, but can't the chance on a zero.

I just saw him out there in warm ups catching passes.

He's no Jeremy Maclin.

Apparently not. He plays thru his injuries.

Last week he didn't. Also his stats fall short.

Don't be sore loser.

Loser? DJax won me my game.

He's no Jeremy Maclin.

Don't be sore loser.

1st decent game of the year. Mac has 3.

He's no Jeremy Maclin.

Don't be sore loser.

1st decent game of the year. Mac has 3.

In today's game, Maclin > Jackson.