Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
austinball

DeSean Jackson

I'm rolling with him over Hopkins or Boldin.

His floor might be zero, but his ceiling is up there. I think this is Djax's revenge game and they will feed the ball to him. I think Cousins gets him a score.

He's had this game marked on the schedule since he was traded and he WILL NOT BE DENIED :towelwave::football::boxing:

GO DJAX, rub Chippers nose in it!!!!

WHOO!!! GONNA GET SOME COLD CUTS TODAY WHOO!!

GET SOME COLD CUTS, GET SOME COLD CUTS WHOO!

Edited by mbrasi

He's no Jeremy Maclin.

Apparently not. He plays thru his injuries.

Last week he didn't. Also his stats fall short.

Don't be sore loser.

Loser? DJax won me my game.

1st decent game of the year. Mac has 3.

In today's game, Maclin > Jackson.

This season as well. Where did all the haters go saying Djax couldn't be replaced? Matthews might have a better year too.

What an inflammatory title to that "article". Whatever makes you guys feel better.

Except he, you know, had a few minutes at the podium after the game where he wasn't happy about losing.

But carry on, this story is much better.

What an inflammatory title to that "article". Whatever makes you guys feel better.

Except he, you know, had a few minutes at the podium after the game where he wasn't happy about losing.

But carry on, this story is much better.

The Win made me feel better, not this article. You can't pretend he's not a tool posting that after a division loss.

Any hope for him going forward? One of four games was productive. Mulling dropping this guy.

He has 1 more game against the Eagles week 16. He'll be up for that one but otherwise, he's a crap shoot.

• Like 1

Any hope for him going forward? One of four games was productive. Mulling dropping this guy.

He has 1 more game against the Eagles week 16. He'll be up for that one but otherwise, he's a crap shoot.

He is just not a very good all around WR. There is a place for him on a team and he is a weapon, but he is never going to morph into an all around WR. It is clear he is a diva, has some issues and Eagles fans should be thankful they are cleared from this guy.

He is just not a very good all around WR. There is a place for him on a team and he is a weapon, but he is never going to morph into an all around WR. It is clear he is a diva, has some issues and Eagles fans should be thankful they are cleared from this guy.

Unless you talk to a Skins fan......then he is one of the few elite #1 WR in the league.

Unless you talk to a Skins fan......then he is one of the few elite #1 WR in the league.

Ya there was a lot of them preaching how he would be a difference maker and how Philly was dumb for letting him go. The positives did not out weigh the negatives with this guy who is not a true NFL WR 1. Chip nailed it by letting him go. He just disappears to many times for my liking.

Cousins really crapped the bed Thursday night. He underthrew him on what should have been a 60-70 yard td.

Absolutely Cousins was awful. But he did throw for 257 yds and only 9 of them went to Jackson. He has the reputation for being a 1-trick pony for good reason. You've got 2 or 3 good chances to hit deep for a big play. Other than that, he can disappear for long stretches.

The rep about him losing interest if the ball doesn't come his way is true. That's pretty much what happened Thursday. DJax owners just have to hope Wash can stay in games to have value for him.

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson - WR - Redskins

DeSean Jackson caught five passes for 157 yards and one touchdown in the Redskins' Week 5 loss to the Seahawks on Monday night.

Jackson was the entire offense for Washington and saw a team-high 11 targets. On his touchdown, Richard Sherman passes Jackson off to Kam Chancellor. It was easy money for a burner like Jackson who had a couple steps on Chancellor when he caught the pass. Later, he beat Byron Maxwell and Earl Thomas for a 57-yard gain. It's Jackson's second 100-yard game of the season. He'll be a WR2 play against a Cardinals defense that could be without Patrick Peterson next week.

Oct 7 - 12:17

Boy, hot or cold with his production this year. Will he be favored over Garcon the rest of the year for targets?

Richard Sherman on Pierre Garçon, "Pierre doesn't matter in this league." Asked to clarify, Sherman says "I mean exactly what I said."

I guess so...Sherman says so.

Boy, hot or cold with his production this year. Will he be favored over Garcon the rest of the year for targets?

Tough to say he's hot or cold quite yet...he had a big PPR day in week 1, left early week 2 so he didn't get a shot. Had a huge game week 3, then played on a short week, likely with his shoulder still bothering him, in week 4. Huge game week 5. If he can perform again next week, I think it's fair to push him above the "boom-or-bust" WR3 level.

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson secured 3-of-5 targets for 115 yards and a touchdown in Washington's Week 6 loss to Arizona.

One week after whipping Richard Sherman for a 60-yard touchdown bomb, Jackson evened the score 7-7 early in the second quarter by blowing past Patrick Peterson for a 64-yard TD. D-Jax followed up later in the quarter by burning Arizona's defense for 42 yards on a wide receiver screen. The Cards changed up their coverage, putting Antonio Cromartie on Jackson from that point on, and he was quiet in the final two quarters. D-Jax will remain a high-ceiling WR2 option when Washington takes on Tennessee in Week 7.
Oct 12 - 8:37 PM

He would have scored on that second long run had his own player not accidentally tackled him. Lumbering oaf.

He would have scored on that second long run had his own player not accidentally tackled him. Lumbering oaf.

That was Chris Chester, who is usually getting beaten while pass blocking.

He was inexplicably sitting on the waiver wire in my auction league so I scooped him for league minimum salary. He's going to be real nice until I get Josh Gordon back. Real real nice.

faust you are a robotic information posting machine and i thank you on behalf of all fantasy football fanatics everywhere they ought to make you king of this place take that to the bank bromigo

• Like 2

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson caught 3-of-5 targets for 49 yards in Washington's Week 7 win over the Titans.

Jackson also drew a 22-yard pass interference penalty, and had a 36-yard catch wiped out by holding. There was a scary moment in the second quarter, as D-Jax tweaked his knee in non-contact fashion, but he ended up missing just 1-2 plays. The question for Week 8 is who will be under center for Washington. It will be good news for DeSean Jackson's WR2 value if it's Robert Griffin III.
Oct 19 - 5:31 PM

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson caught 3-of-5 targets for 49 yards in Washington's Week 7 win over the Titans.

Jackson also drew a 22-yard pass interference penalty, and had a 36-yard catch wiped out by holding. There was a scary moment in the second quarter, as D-Jax tweaked his knee in non-contact fashion, but he ended up missing just 1-2 plays. The question for Week 8 is who will be under center for Washington. It will be good news for DeSean Jackson's WR2 value if it's Robert Griffin III.

I disagree, I think his value drops with RG3. Cousins stunk, but he chucked it to Jackson. Edited by ponchsox

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson - WR - Redskins

DeSean Jackson caught six passes for 136 yards in the Redskins' Week 8 overtime win over the Cowboys.

Jackson was targeted a team-high seven times. Early on, Jackson beat CB Sterling Moore for a 49-yard gain deep on a ball that was under thrown by Colt McCoy. It should have gone for an 87-yard touchdown. Jackson again later beat Brandon Carr on an angle route for a 45-yard pickup. After eight games in his Washington digs, Jackson is on pace for a 64-1,328-6 receiving line. The yards would fall four short of his career-high set last year in Philadelphia. Jackson is a legit WR2 who gets the Vikings in Week 9.

Oct 28 - 12:19 AM

i hate this guy. anytime i start him i get crap

Yup. I've started him every down week and benched him in every up week.

He's on paced for a top 10 WR season in my league. I've played him 3 times on a 2-6 team for a total of 8 points.

Think I am going to start leaving him in my lineup regardless of matchup over Vincent Jackson

This has been my approach all year to DJax. He's too good not to play every week IMO.

Of course this week was the exception to that. I didn't think Colt 'popgun arm' McCoy had the stones to actually throw to DJax enough and make him viable last night. So I benched him for McKinnon. Not a terrible move but DJax confirmed again he should be in my lineup unless he's hurt.

That's why you have to start him every week. Make sure you get all the big weeks and just endure the bad weeks. He's always been a boom or bust guy in his career. Plenty of boom weeks make the busts worthwhile.

That's why you have to start him every week. Make sure you get all the big weeks and just endure the bad weeks. He's always been a boom or bust guy in his career. Plenty of boom weeks make the busts worthwhile.

I can't start him every week with my roster, maybe I need to package him up and sell him.

Rotoworld:

I disagree, I think his value drops with RG3. Cousins stunk, but he chucked it to Jackson.
rg3 throws a nice deep ball.

Think I am going to start leaving him in my lineup regardless of matchup over Vincent Jackson

bro no offense but VJAX has been garbage all year. why would you ever start him over Desean?

Rotoworld:

I disagree, I think his value drops with RG3. Cousins stunk, but he chucked it to Jackson.
rg3 throws a nice deep ball.

....to the Defense.

@Rich_TandlerCSN: I guess you cant accuse DeSean Jackson of taking verbal shots anonymously. http://t.co/rTl65kwoDv

@ProFootballTalk: DeSean Jackson's message for Monday: "You can't do epic sh-t with basic people" http://t.co/WrKJm0ij6b

I guess I won't be starting him again this year.

If he ends up inactive that could present a problem.