What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (5 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson (questionable, leg) will be a game-time decision Sunday against the Rams.

The Redskins aren't holding Jackson's inability to practice against him; he was never expected to practice this week. Per beat writer John Keim, Jackson's availability will be a pain-tolerance matter. "Hopefully, he’ll feel better tomorrow and come Sunday, he’ll be ready to go," coach Jay Gruden said on Friday. "If he’s not full strength, then he’ll be a longshot to play."

Source: ESPN.com
Dec 5 - 3:16 PM

Rotoworld:

NBC Washington reports the Redskins are planning as if DeSean Jackson (questionable, leg) will not be active this week.

Jackson is expected to go through pre-game warmups before a decision is made, but there's a "very small chance" he plays Sunday. Andre Roberts will start opposite Pierre Garcon, with Jordan Reed getting an increase in targets. Jackson should be removed from Week 14 fantasy lineups.

Source: Dianna Marie Russini on Twitter
Dec 6 - 3:07 PM

Looking like he's gonna play. Colt McCoy as well which is good for djax I think. You guys starting djax with confidence? My other option is moncrief. He's got great history vs nyg and I am thinking he plays well

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Speaking about DeSean Jackson in a Tuesday conference call, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said "we haven’t seen the DeSean we need to see."

Gruden spent all day Tuesday going in on his players. "He’s a very good wide receiver but … the last couple weeks he’s been dealing with an injury, and he hasn’t been quite the same," Gruden said of his No. 1 wideout. "I’m a ‘what-have-you-done-for-me-lately’ kind of guy, and lately we haven’t seen the DeSean we need to see." Gruden's comments were made more interesting by the fact that they were juxtaposed with praise for Jeremy Maclin. D-Jax has indeed been banged up, but owns a 50/957/5 line across 13 games. Not a bad line for a player who's had three different quarterbacks.

Source: CSN Philly

Dec 16 - 3:38 PM

With a healthy Pierre, probably 60-1000-5.
Ended up with 56-1169-6. With a ridiculous yards per catch.
He also missed a game and played injured in several others. Really, Jackson had an outstanding season despite some obsticles.
He was incredible for us. I never knew how many crazy contested/sideline catches he made but he's incredibly talented and underrated.

He also missed a game and played injured in several others. Really, Jackson had an outstanding season despite some obsticles.
He was incredible for us. I never knew how many crazy contested/sideline catches he made but he's incredibly talented and underrated.
Would have loved to seen what he could have done next to Maclin last year but at least we have Riley Cooper.

Great for the highlight reel, not for the Wins unfortunately.

Yeah Jackson was the reason Washington didn't win many games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a lot of people saying Jackson would behave year 1 with a new team, but might start showing the attitude/problems year 2...anyone still feel that way?

Clearly wasn't a difference maker, or are you counting moral victories? Not sure there were any of those either. But hey, the highlights on the deep ball were good.

Clearly wasn't a difference maker, or are you counting moral victories? Not sure there were any of those either. But hey, the highlights on the deep ball were good.
And? He's a really good player on a really bad team, WR isn't exactly a position that can carry an entire team. Our record would have been even worse without him.

You still sound butthurt. Which makes no sense, considering the Eagles are better than the Redskins right now even without DJax.

And? He's a really good player on a really bad team, WR isn't exactly a position that can carry an entire team. Our record would have been even worse without him.

You still sound butthurt. Which makes no sense, considering the Eagles are better than the Redskins right now even without DJax.
You just sound like a clown calling him underrated and what a big deal you made about him before last year......abound he did nothing to improve your record. He was supposed to be irreplaceable.....then Maclin exceeded his production. He is what he is....a great highlight.

You just sound like a clown calling him underrated and what a big deal you made about him before last year......abound he did nothing to improve your record. He was supposed to be irreplaceable.....then Maclin exceeded his production. He is what he is....a great highlight.
He is underrated, and he is a really really good WR. That has nothing to do with being on a crap team. I'm hoping the QB play improves this year, personally.

Maclin exceeded his production this year due to targets. He and Desean had almost identical production when you look at Maclin's 2014 vs. Desean's 2013, except Jackson did it on 20 less targets.

If you compare THIS year, after leaving the WR-friendly Kelly offense Desean put up only 150 yards less than Maclin on 30 less catches and 50 less targets, with more competition for targets on a team that passed less.

He is underrated, and he is a really really good WR. That has nothing to do with being on a crap team. I'm hoping the QB play improves this year, personally.

Maclin exceeded his production this year due to targets. He and Desean had almost identical production when you look at Maclin's 2014 vs. Desean's 2013, except Jackson did it on 20 less targets.

If you compare THIS year, after leaving the WR-friendly Kelly offense Desean put up only 150 yards less than Maclin on 30 less catches and 50 less targets, with more competition for targets on a team that passed less.
Sounds like a lot of spin on the fact that DJax was outproduced by a guy coming off an ACL 1sy year playing in the system. So we make an excuse because Jax couldn't stay in the lineup? C'mon.

Sounds like a lot of spin on the fact that DJax was outproduced by a guy coming off an ACL 1sy year playing in the system. So we make an excuse because Jax couldn't stay in the lineup? C'mon.
Are you even having the same conversation I am? Desean only missed one game due to injury. He was targeted less because he plays across from Garçon in an offense that passed less than the Eagles. Never mind the fact that he plays a different role and is more of a deep threat than Maclin--THAT ability is what makes him special. Maclin is more well-rounded.

I'm not even sure why we're talking about Maclin, except that you for some reason feel the need to compare the two. You weren't even in this conversation, all I said was that Desean had a very underrated year and is extremely talented. He was a lot of fun to watch on a team that had very few positive moments in 2014.

You are the one the felt the need to attack my comment that he makes a lot of highlights but isn't a difference maker for a team. Is what it is. See team records. After all the hype last year the fact you call him underrated makes me laugh, sorry.

I remember a lot of people saying Jackson would behave year 1 with a new team, but might start showing the attitude/problems year 2...anyone still feel that way?
The real question is, will he even care. I see apathy setting in before disruption.

You are the one the felt the need to attack my comment that he makes a lot of highlights but isn't a difference maker for a team. Is what it is. See team records. After all the hype last year the fact you call him underrated makes me laugh, sorry.
It's probably because you come across as like a crazy jilted ex-girlfriend when it comes to former Eagles.

It's probably because you come across as like a crazy jilted ex-girlfriend when it comes to former Eagles.
Which others? I just love how you Skins fans acted like you got the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice last year and the Eagles would never recover. Then you sucked again.

Which others? I just love how you Skins fans acted like you got the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice last year and the Eagles would never recover. Then you sucked again.
This never happened. Have another drink, champ.

Oh it happened. You sucked and will continue to suck.

Oh it happened. You sucked and will continue to suck.
Oh we totally suck, and probably will again under Gruden. Who knows after 2015.

I was referring to the rest of his post.

This thread is emabrassesing. It's like a bunch of 12 year old girls posting about some dude that left their favorite boy band.

Dr. Octopus said:
This thread is emabrassesing. It's like a bunch of 12 year old girls posting about some dude that left their favorite boy band.
True, LOL! (though I'm not sure emabrassesing is a word)

Anyway, somebody nailed it earlier. He's a really good player on a bad team. He can get deep, get open. That's all you can ask of a WR, except maybe blocking downfield. Does that qualify as a "difference maker"? Can a WR even BE a difference maker? Without a QB, I doubt it. Watch what happens to Maclin this year.

Adding a guy like him to my Browns WR corps make them perfect, provided we came up with someone to throw him the ball.

ConnSKINS26 said:
JetMaxx said:
Glad we agree
Are there Eagles fans here that actually know anything about football? Could you direct me towards them?
How may I help you?
Yes, you fall in that category. Thank you. Are these clowns in this thread in any way representative of how Eagles fans feel?
No they aren't representative. There doesn't seem to be a point in pushing and arguing the fact that the skins suck, especially when the person they are arguing with is agreeing with them. That isn't the point of the discussion.

I do feel that in the Jackson thread, there WERE many skins fans laughing at Philly for letting him go, and acting like he was going to improve their team a great deal... perhaps even being a better team then Philly... and that we couldn't replace him. Both of those were proven wrong, and I think their comments stem from being ridiculed for the move, which really didn't hurt us, and didn't help you a GREAT deal (may have ended up with 2-3 wins without him, and a better draft pick). But they're arguing with nobody really as you aren't debating those things. I think he had a great season, and is for sure talented, but his stats may have been a bit over inflated by some bomb tds that didn't improve the team in the win column. With better QB play going forward though, he could take the team to the next level, or at least keep them out of the bottom level.

As for going forward, I think Insein was right about apathy being the issue, not disruption. I don't see him getting into any off the field issues, or being a locker room cancer. But he seems to lack motivation when he's not winning. Last year was his first year in Wash and he had a lot to prove (especially vs philly). He proved it all and had great numbers, but maybe his effort will die off a bit.... especially when it comes to blocking. He played 9 season at Cal and Philly... and only had a losing record ONCE in those 9 seasons. Unless the skins make the playoffs in the next 2 years, I'm wondering how happy he will be there, and motivated he will be to play there.

ConnSKINS26 said:
JetMaxx said:
Glad we agree
Are there Eagles fans here that actually know anything about football? Could you direct me towards them?
How may I help you?
Yes, you fall in that category. Thank you. Are these clowns in this thread in any way representative of how Eagles fans feel?
50/50

I'd say everyone has moved on from Desean but if given the opportunity to vent about him, half the fans would jump on it like above. Talk radio does it now and then.

Calling him underrated is a joke and a homer call. Sorry, just is.
Depends where you're setting the bar, I guess. I think he's the best deep threat in the NFL saddled with poor QBing on a bad team. There are dozens of WR's better than him at many things and he'd be WAY down my list of ideal WR talents ranked by well-roundedness...but purely talking about deep threats, he's #1. I don't think that's a homer call, and I think it's backed up by the stats and the tape. I think he's underrated because he doesn't just blow by people and catch wide open deep balls due to straight-line speed, he has great hands, has mostly outgrown the alligator arms going over the middle he had coming into the league, and is waaaay under-appreciated on contested balls.

I am not a skins fan. Quite the opposite. But you are really being kind of tool in this thread. Maybe you should reflect a little on whether you are really proud to be as rude to people as you have been in this thread. It's fantasy football talk. It's supposed to be fun for everyone.

Depends where you're setting the bar, I guess. I think he's the best deep threat in the NFL saddled with poor QBing on a bad team. There are dozens of WR's better than him at many things and he'd be WAY down my list of ideal WR talents ranked by well-roundedness...but purely talking about deep threats, he's #1. I don't think that's a homer call, and I think it's backed up by the stats and the tape. I think he's underrated because he doesn't just blow by people and catch wide open deep balls due to straight-line speed, he has great hands, has mostly outgrown the alligator arms going over the middle he had coming into the league, and is waaaay under-appreciated on contested balls.
You make some fair points and I agree with you as far as deep threat goes. I think I have a hard time fitting him in the underrated box after the monster year a couple years ago and all the hype before last year.

Jackson led the NFL in yards per target last year by over a full yard (according to data from PFR). Top 5 (min 50 targets) were:

12.3 DeSean Jackson

11.2 Kenny Stills

10.3 T.Y. Hilton

10.1 Randall Cobb

10.1 Jordy Nelson

Jackson led the NFL in yards per target last year by over a full yard (according to data from PFR). Top 5 (min 50 targets) were:

12.3 DeSean Jackson

11.2 Kenny Stills

10.3 T.Y. Hilton

10.1 Randall Cobb

10.1 Jordy Nelson
with the worst QB of the bunch, by far.

Not that this stat means a whole lot but if you checked the trades-thread, it's clear to me that DJax is underrated in FF.

Users who are viewing this thread