What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (4 Viewers)

John Paulsen ‏@4for4_John 24m24 minutes ago

When the two PHI games are excluded, DeSean Jackson played at a 58-1140-6.1 pace. Those are fringe WR2 numbers in PPR.
I'm not sure what point this is trying to make?
Maybe the Skins aren't playing Philly this year
:lmao:
I'm a Skins fan, so hopefully you knew I was being sarcastic
I was laughing with you, not at you :thumbup:

A :goodpost: would have been more appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:
John Paulsen ‏@4for4_John 24m24 minutes ago

When the two PHI games are excluded, DeSean Jackson played at a 58-1140-6.1 pace. Those are fringe WR2 numbers in PPR.
I'm not sure what point this is trying to make?
Maybe the Skins aren't playing Philly this year
Well there's that :) .

Even if you want to play the "take away his two Philly 'revenge' games" card - what's so bad about "fringe WR2 numbers in ppr"?

The two big games he had against Philly weren't even his best game of the season. That came against Seattle.

This is just a guy I never wanted a part of in FF because despite the solid games and sometimes those huge splash games, it seems like every single time you NEED him, he rolls out a 5.4 game.

In each of the past two years, it turns out, he's had 6 games like that (7 or fewer points) in each season. So he's sort of like the WR version of CK2k.

Rolling out clunkers in 40% of the FF games is not good, especially in relation to his price. But, in all fairness, he IS the kind of guy that if I just happened to find myself with him on a team (part of a trade or he unexpectedly fell much farther than he should), he is the kind of guy I would love to have for bye weeks or that one random week where you're just rolling dice to pull an upset because he CAN give you that game where he balances everything quickly with a big output.

This is just a guy I never wanted a part of in FF because despite the solid games and sometimes those huge splash games, it seems like every single time you NEED him, he rolls out a 5.4 game.

In each of the past two years, it turns out, he's had 6 games like that (7 or fewer points) in each season. So he's sort of like the WR version of CK2k.

Rolling out clunkers in 40% of the FF games is not good, especially in relation to his price. But, in all fairness, he IS the kind of guy that if I just happened to find myself with him on a team (part of a trade or he unexpectedly fell much farther than he should), he is the kind of guy I would love to have for bye weeks or that one random week where you're just rolling dice to pull an upset because he CAN give you that game where he balances everything quickly with a big output.
People make way too much about this. In standard leagues, these guys also had at least 6 games of similar scoring to DJax;Nelson

Dez

E. Sanders

Julio

Maclin

Evens

Jeffery

Hilton

Tate

Hopkins

Benjamin

PPR hurts DJax more than other guys, but by and large WRs just don't score that consistently across the board.

jurb26 said:
Shutout said:

People make way too much about this. In standard leagues, these guys also had at least 6 games of similar scoring to DJax;Nelson

Dez

E. Sanders

Julio

Maclin

Evens

Jeffery

Hilton

Tate

Hopkins

Benjamin

PPR hurts DJax more than other guys, but by and large WRs just don't score that consistently across the board.
I used to avoid him for this reason as well.

I ended up trading for him last year to a guy who was desperate for a QB (Cutler).

If you have some other solid PPR receivers, you can still win when DeSean dips into single-digits.

And the games he blows up, you usually win.

Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said DeSean Jackson (sprained AC joint) is "feeling pretty good."

"He’s got almost full range of motion back," Gruden said. Jackson is unlikely to play in the Redskins' second preseason game, but he is a good bet to suit up for the dress rehearsal.

Source: Tarik El-Bashir on Twitter
Aug 17 - 10:52 AM

I tend to think Cousins' arm is not great for DeSeans long-ball game... but considering the putrid RG3/Cousins/McCoy combo he had last year, it's not any worse, right?

Start him against the Eagles and no one else... he's a 2-start WR3.

for some reason I have a good feeling about DJax this season, and I have no idea why. I feel like he is a good value right now since he hasn't been playing preseason games. I know the Redskins are a mess right now but if the O-line can hold up, Cousins or RG3 are serviceable enough to get him the ball.

In high stakes, some of the leagues are scored based on total points where h2h record only matters if you are in first place. I feel better about him as my WR 4/Flex because he had 3 100 yard TD games with Cousins. If Cousins targets him a lot Desean could have a big year. Garcon can be drafted later though.

In high stakes, some of the leagues are scored based on total points where h2h record only matters if you are in first place. I feel better about him as my WR 4/Flex because he had 3 100 yard TD games with Cousins. If Cousins targets him a lot Desean could have a big year. Garcon can be drafted later though.
I agree. I was ticked I ended up with him in one of my drafts but now I suddenly feel hopeful. I feel ok with McCoy in there too. If they throw picks along the way so be it they will just be passing to dig themselves out.

He finished 14 in my league last year with small bonuses for long touchdowns. He's not a hot new name and people don't think of Washington as a high powered passing offense, but Cousins is going to be throwing a lot. They'll try to run but will only be able to for so long. Jackson could be huge value. He was boom or bust last year but that doesn't mean he will be this year.

Schefty: Redskins WR Desean Jackson expected to miss three to four weeks with strained hamstring, per source.

1:23pm - 14 Sep 15

Rotoworld:

Coach Jay Gruden said DeSean Jackson (hamstring) could return next week.
It confirms an NFL Network report that Jackson is ahead of schedule. The Redskins originally expected Jackson to miss 3-4 weeks. Jackson should have a good chance at returning against the Eagles in Week 4.

Source: Master Tesfatsion on Twitter
Sep 25 - 6:05 PM

Rotoworld:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Monday that DeSean Jackson's (hamstring) reps will increase in practice this week.

Gruden did not commit to Jackson playing against the Jets in Week 6. As the Redskins face Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie this week, it may be in fantasy owners' best interest for the Skins to give Jackson one more week off, then have him firing on all cylinders for Week 7 against the Buccaneers.

Source: ESPN.com

Oct 12 - 5:59 PM

No way do I give this guy a big contract until he has proven that he is over his maturity issues. Redskins over paid hoping he would change as opposed to rewarding him after he has changed. That is a very dangerous risk.
Overpaid how exactly? By giving him $750k more a year than Decker is making? He's actually getting paid less by the Skins this year than he would've made had the Eagles kept him. But yup, the Skins overpaid.
They overpaid because they are guaranteeing a 3 year/$24M contract while the Eagles didn't even want him on a one year $10M contract.

There's also the possibility that it becomes a 2 year/$20M deal if the Redskins decide to cut him before 2016.
Only 16 is guaranteed. Skins got a hell of a deal here.
Remember when this guy looked like a "deal"? What a non factor he has ended up being, is he probably cut after this year? Not producing and team not better.

Chip caught a lot of heat for this but clearly the right move.

No way do I give this guy a big contract until he has proven that he is over his maturity issues. Redskins over paid hoping he would change as opposed to rewarding him after he has changed. That is a very dangerous risk.
Overpaid how exactly? By giving him $750k more a year than Decker is making? He's actually getting paid less by the Skins this year than he would've made had the Eagles kept him. But yup, the Skins overpaid.
They overpaid because they are guaranteeing a 3 year/$24M contract while the Eagles didn't even want him on a one year $10M contract.

There's also the possibility that it becomes a 2 year/$20M deal if the Redskins decide to cut him before 2016.
Remember when this guy looked like a "deal"? What a non factor he has ended up being, is he probably cut after this year? Not producing and team not better.

Chip knew he would have a good 2014, but would get hurt in TC by falling into a sled and then injure his hammy early in the 1st quarter of Week 1? Does he also know the winning lottery numbers?

Chip knew he would have a good 2014, but would get hurt in TC by falling into a sled and then injure his hammy early in the 1st quarter of Week 1? Does he also know the winning lottery numbers?
Can't hurt to ask him.

Pretty sure Eagles fans would be happy if he only knew whether Bradford could be a viable starting QB.

Rotoworld:

DeSean Jackson - WR - Redskins

CSN Washington expects the Redskins to move on from DeSean Jackson after this season.

Jackson hasn’t played since Week 1 with his hamstring injury. He also missed longer than expected with a shoulder sprain in training camp. GM Scot McCloughan wasn’t part of the regime that signed Jackson and reportedly has concerns with keeping him given his durability issues. Washington would save $6.75 million by releasing Jackson next offseason.

Source: CSN Washington

Oct 31 - 9:29 PM

#10 and #17 in my league past two years. QB situation no different. Picked him when he was dropped a few weeks ago. After bye I expect similar production.

Picked him up as a sweetener to throw in a deal. Everyone responds like he is done. Guess I'll hold.

Users who are viewing this thread