What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (2 Viewers)

I'm suspecting a rest day.  I can't see him missing the game but I'll be watching him for an injury this weekend.  Putting some stock in Doctson just in case anything happens to Desean

RotoGrinders meteorologist Kevin Roth reports 20-25 MPH winds with gusts of 35-40 MPH are expected in Sunday's Redskins-Ravens game.
They are also cross winds, meaning they will be blowing across the field and not along one direction of the field. Roth anticipates passing games on both sides to be affected, and kickers as well (i.e. Justin Tucker, Dustin Hopkins). This is a concern for DeSean Jackson, whose game is built on the deep ball.

Related: Ravens

Source: RotoGrinders 
Oct 9 - 9:10 AM

He's all I got. Perhaps he can adjust his routes to accomadate for the crosswind.

Cousins in the huddle: "Jackson, go deep... and slightly to the left."

I have to decide between DJax and Crowder in PPR.  I can see Crowder getting a lot of underneath stuff but am too chicken to make the move.  Probably sticking with DJax and hoping for a couple HR's. 

Last edited by a moderator:
DeSean Jackson exited Week 8 against the Bengals with a possible concussion.
Jackson took a big hit at the end of a 38-yard gain in the third quarter. It was the first time Kirk Cousins threw a good deep ball to Jackson all game, and he ended up paying the price for the play. Jackson is headed to the locker room to be evaluated for a concussion. He is officially questionable to return. Jackson had three catches for 48 yards before exiting.

Oct 30 - 11:51 AM

Played majority of the snaps with Garcon, good to see. Could see him getting loose across the middle v Dallas in a hopeful shootout. Desean v Cobb for me, and I'm leaning old man DJax. 

Not sure why this guy is ranked so low this week. 

- He's gone over 100 yards in 3 of his last 4 games.

- He has a nice match-up.

- He's playing for a contract.

- The Redskins are still in the hunt for a playoff spot.

He's been money for me for several weeks now outside of the Arizona game and I didn't start him that week because he was facing Peterson. Don't know where FBG is ranking him but he should be Top 25 everywhere and within the Top 20 is legit too. He's rolling and like you said the matchup this week is another good one for him. Currently debating between him and Malcolm Mitchell for my WR4 spot. 

Thank you for bumping him up. He has been asleep on most benches all year, but he's a lock for championship week as a WR3. A dynasty steal at his current price, too. 

@JosinaAnderson 3h3 hours ago
More
I’m told #Bucs could be a posb destination for impending FA WR Desean Jackson. Understanding is Jameis Winston has an existing rapport w/ DJ

According to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, the "belief" among league personnel at the Combine is free agent DeSean Jackson will sign with the Bucs.

Vertical speedster Jackson would be an ideal stylistic complement to Mike Evans in Tampa Bay, and prevent Evans from facing the double teams he commanded more and more as last season progressed. Although Jackson is 30 years old, he can still lift the lid. He has led the NFL in yards per reception in two of the last three seasons. Pauline expects D-Jax to land $12 million annually.

Related: 49ers

Source: Draft Analyst 
Mar 4 - 3:17 PM

I am in rebuild mode and have been trying to trade Desean Jackson in a 12 team ppr dynasty. ZERO interest. I was surprised as I had him pegged as worth a mid-2nd round pick. In fact I paid a mid 2nd (2.08) to get him is a similar league.

I'd appreciate comments as to Jackson's worth. Am I seriously over-valuing him?

I am in rebuild mode and have been trying to trade Desean Jackson in a 12 team ppr dynasty. ZERO interest. I was surprised as I had him pegged as worth a mid-2nd round pick. In fact I paid a mid 2nd (2.08) to get him is a similar league.

Yes. He's likely getting to the end of his career and he's always been kind of a boom/bust guy but in PPR he's  probably just a WR3/flex guy this year. 

In a PPR dynasty I traded a 4th rounder for him. In think that was a steal but I'm using him as a WR3/4.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's worth a 3rd rounder, in my book (assuming ppr). He turns 31 in December, he was worth 19 VBD per season (1.5 VBD per game) during his 3 years in Washington (13.1 ppg for DJax - 11.6 ppg baseline), and Tampa doesn't seem like a better situation for him than Washington was (if anything it's slightly worse).

If I was weak at WR and thought he would put me over the top, I'd prob pay the 2.08 also.  He's a tough one to gauge off-season value though and has been for awhile. He'll always be worth more during the season, when actual production matters, than now or prior to rookie drafts. The time to cash out on him is during the season after he rattles off a couple of 100 yd games. Then you can get your future 2nd round pick. You have to hold now though unless you just want to give him away.

Thanks, gents. Guess I was overvaluing him. I know that for a team missing a strong #3 wr, I valued him more than who was available at the 2.08. 

If I was weak at WR and thought he would put me over the top, I'd prob pay the 2.08 also.  He's a tough one to gauge off-season value though and has been for awhile. He'll always be worth more during the season, when actual production matters, than now or prior to rookie drafts. The time to cash out on him is during the season after he rattles off a couple of 100 yd games. Then you can get your future 2nd round pick. You have to hold now though unless you just want to give him away.
I agree. If he has a good game or early next year, I think he will shoot up in value and it would be time to sell.  Jackson is likely to have 4-5 big games. If those games just happened to occur early in the year, someone might bite on the idea that Jackson on a new team means he could have a big year. 

Currently a WR4 in PPR based on average PPG. It seems like the experts are on board with a big game with Evans out, but I’m not sold. His floor this year is 4 and ceiling is 18. If there was a game to start him this would be it, right?

Is the Jets secondary any concern here?

Currently a WR4 in PPR based on average PPG. It seems like the experts are on board with a big game with Evans out, but I’m not sold. His floor this year is 4 and ceiling is 18. If there was a game to start him this would be it, right?

Is the Jets secondary any concern here?
I really don't think Evans being out changes things much for Jackson.  

anytime you expect  a big play guy to get more targets he becomes more enticing. what i like about this week is the short slant TD Fitz threw to him

Been debating all week: D. Thomas, Shephard, DJax- picking 2 of those 3.

Leaving DJax on the bench. As always, I'll pick incorrectly and DJax will go 7/133/2.

DeSean Jackson said he and Jameis Winston "have to merge" this offseason.

Jackson had just four catches of more than 25 yards his first season in Tampa Bay after 14 such catches in 2016. "As far as me getting down the field, we got to get that timing down pat," Jackson said. "Last year we were missing a couple of big-time hits. This year we can’t afford that." Jackson said he has already worked with Winston this offseason, and the duo will meet up again on the Texas A&M campus and in Los Angeles.

Source: Florida Football Insiders 

Feb 11 - 10:05 AM

Jameis Winston wants to improve his chemistry with DeSean Jackson this season.

Jackson struggled to just 668 yards in his first year with the Bucs while catching his fewest touchdown passes (three) since 2012. Coach Dirk Koetter took some of the blame for Jackson's down year, though he also called out Winston for not getting his deep threat more involved. Winston responded to the criticism on social media, vowing to "personally make sure" Jackson knows how valuable he is to the organization. Getting Winston on the same page with D-Jax would go a long way towards improving a Tampa Bay offense that was surprisingly stagnant in 2017.

Related: Jameis Winston

Source: Jameis Winston on Twitter 

Apr 8 - 10:40 AM

Not sure why, but this made me laugh. Jameis better show the value of Evans. He should start with that. Or even better, Jameis should show us the value of Jameis.
It's funny how negatively Jameis is viewed.  His passing statistics through his first three seasons are at or near the top in nearly every counting category.  Yards, TD's, etc.  He needs to eliminate the silly turnovers, but people act like he's completely awful.  It just isn't the case.

It's funny how negatively Jameis is viewed.  His passing statistics through his first three seasons are at or near the top in nearly every counting category.  Yards, TD's, etc.  He needs to eliminate the silly turnovers, but people act like he's completely awful.  It just isn't the case.
I agree with everything you said, but I live in TB and I don't think the fans agree.

Users who are viewing this thread