What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (3 Viewers)

I don't know that we can trust Singletary's floor just yet.  Might be 8 carries for 24 yards.  
That's not a bad point. A WR that you expect to have few, but deep, targets having a messed up finger does give me a bit of pause, though. 

DeSean Jackson exited Week 2 against the Falcons with a groin injury and is questionable to return.

Alshon Jeffery and Dallas Goedert are also questionable to return with calf injuries. The Eagles are down to Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins as their top-two wideouts.

Sep 15, 2019, 9:30 PM ET

NFL.com's Tom Pelissero reports DeSean Jackson (groin) is expected to miss Sunday's game against the Lions and will likely remain sidelined for the Eagles' Week 4 Thursday night contest.

ESPN's Tim McManus reports Jackson is dealing with more of an abdominal strain than groin issue, and has been bothered by it for weeks. With Alshon Jeffery (groin) also expected to sit, the Eagles will be severely undermanned at wideout vs. the Lions. Jackson's injury is not considered overly serious, but it was the worst possible timing for the Eagles to have two games in five days. Nelson Agholor will be the Eagles' fill-in No. 1 with Mack Hollins and JJ Arcega-Whiteside running behind him.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Sep 17, 2019, 5:00 PM ET

Soft tissue injuries are pretty much par for the course for D-Jax.  

He can win you a week singlehandedly, but if you own him you have to be prepared for him missing time year in and year out.  

Soft tissue injuries are pretty much par for the course for D-Jax.  

He can win you a week singlehandedly, but if you own him you have to be prepared for him missing time year in and year out.  
Missing time, I can deal with that. Going out in the first quarter, that's a bummer. Hard to win if you started him.

Coach Doug Pederson said DeSean Jackson (groin) is day to day.

The Eagles didn't practice Wednesday and will have a light walkthrough instead. Word out of Philly is Jackson is expected to miss Week 3 against the Lions and the Thursday night Week 4 tilt. After getting hurt early in Week 2 against the Falcons, that's essentially three missed games for Jackson. Alshon Jeffery (calf) is also banged up and day to day.

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter

Sep 18, 2019, 10:42 AM ET

DeSean Jackson (groin) has been ruled out for Week 3.

This was fully expected. With the Eagles playing on Thursday night in Week 4, Jackson is likely looking at a two-game absence. The Eagles are "holding out hope" that Alshon Jeffery (calf) and Dallas Goedert (calf) can play this week.

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter

Sep 20, 2019, 10:25 AM ET

DeSean Jackson (abdomen) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Coach Doug Pederson offered little in terms of an update, saying Jackson remains day to day and is rehabbing. The Eagles don't necessarily need Jackson for Sunday's Week 5 date with the Jets as 13.5-point favorites.

SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 10:35 AM ET

DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is out for Week 5 against the Jets.

Jackson hasn't made much progress since injuring his abdomen in Week 2. This will be his third straight absence. With D-Jax ailing, the Eagles will continue to roll with Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins in three-wide sets.

SOURCE: Jeff McLane on Twitter

Oct 4, 2019, 10:19 AM ET

Coach Doug Pederson said they'll try to get Jackson out on the field as part of the rehab group, but he doesn't sound like he's going to play this week against the Vikings. D-Jax will essentially miss his fifth straight game. Mack Hollins figures to draw another start against a tough Minnesota pass defense.

SOURCE: Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 11:39 AM ET

DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is dealing with a "small tear."

Jackson is already out this week, marking his fourth straight absence. There haven't been many details on his injury, but this helps explain why he's missed so much time. Jackson has been slow to recover and needs to avoid a setback, but he's targeting a Week 7 return against Dallas on Sunday night.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Oct 12, 2019, 10:11 AM ET

Speaking Monday morning on WIP 94.1, Eagles coach Doug Pederson said the team is "hopeful" DeSean Jackson (abdomen) can return against the Cowboys in Week 7.

Jackson hasn't played or even practiced since suffering an abdominal strain in Week 2, though Pederson believes this could be the week we finally see him back in uniform. "He is feeling good," said Pederson, who noted that Jackson has resumed running. "I can't promise anything, but we are hopeful he can return this week." One of the league's premier vertical threats, D-Jax's return would be a welcome addition to an Eagles' receiving corps that has largely underachieved this season.

SOURCE: WIP 94.1

Oct 14, 2019, 8:51 AM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said DeSean Jackson (abdomen) "probably" won't practice on Wednesday.

Pederson told WIP 94.1 in Philadelphia this morning that he was "hopeful" Jackson would be ready to face the Cowboys in Week 7, though obviously he needs to practice before that can happen. A Week 7 return might be a tad ambitious for D-Jax, but at least he's finally moving in the right direction after sitting out the past four games with a strained abdomen. Alshon Jeffery, Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins have operated in three-wide sets throughout Jackson's absence.

SOURCE: Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter

Oct 14, 2019, 12:49 PM ET

Coach Doug Pederson said Jackson doesn't have to practice this week in order to play Sunday night. Jackson was running on a side field Wednesday. The Eagles badly need him back in order to open up the field. Mack Hollins simply hasn't been getting it done. Pederson said it will likely be a "comfort" thing for Jackson when he decides to return.

SOURCE: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Oct 16, 2019, 11:10 AM ET

What is up with this guy?  It was supposed to be a few week injury and now it's week 8.  Burning a bench spot thinking he's coming back soon.

The guy's been out on the practice field, right? He's stretching, he's running. Jimmy Graham had a sports hernia a few years ago and it was the same thing, but he came back. Wentz and everyone on that offense is better with DJax in there. From Pederson it sounds like they considered IR/return in 8 weeks so that was likely a time frame to begin with. He is going to be back IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another subject, what are you looking for when you draft DJAX? I'm not condemning, it just would never cross my mind. Boom/bust, oft-inured, huge variance, I don't play leagues that get return points, etc.

Fire away. 

DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is participating in individual drills at Wednesday's practice.

He's "practicing," but the extent of it is unclear. Coach Doug Pederson expressed "optimism" Jackson would be able to return this week against the Bears after missing the last seven games following his massive Week 1 performance.

SOURCE: Dave Zangaro on Twitter

Oct 30, 2019, 1:22 PM ET

Lucky for me I still have an IR spot still available, but that week 1 was a quick flash and disappear.  Not sure if this guy ever gets back to that level.

On another subject, what are you looking for when you draft DJAX? I'm not condemning, it just would never cross my mind. Boom/bust, oft-inured, huge variance, I don't play leagues that get return points, etc.

Fire away. 
I've long long since cut him, but I imagined week 1 happening every 3-4 weeks or so, with one dud and 1-2 serviceable weeks in between as my last-pick WR3 'while he lasts' type player. I was spot on, except that he lasted just one week.

I think Desean may be on a lot of FF championship teams... Sure, he maybe could have hobbled through his injury a few weeks ago but he didn't. Does it suck for those who drafted and held him? Of course.

But FF is a LONG season and its a week by week game. Look at the Eagles playoff schedule. 

Week 14: Giants at home

Week 15: @ Washington 

Week 16: Dallas at home

And if you need to get in: he plays @ Miami in week 13.

If he is on the field he will be a top 20 guy those 4 weeks.... and I just got him off my wire for free while guys like Ty Johnson went for 20-30% of our budget

I think Desean may be on a lot of FF championship teams... Sure, he maybe could have hobbled through his injury a few weeks ago but he didn't. Does it suck for those who drafted and held him? Of course.

But FF is a LONG season and its a week by week game. Look at the Eagles playoff schedule. 

Week 14: Giants at home

Week 15: @ Washington 

Week 16: Dallas at home

And if you need to get in: he plays @ Miami in week 13.

If he is on the field he will be a top 20 guy those 4 weeks.... and I just got him off my wire for free while guys like Ty Johnson went for 20-30% of our budget
Great post! I’ve been looking at this for weeks and hoping he’s able to play at close to full strength to close out the year 

Users who are viewing this thread