What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (5 Viewers)

Get this 100% back on what Jackson will do on the field this year before the whole thread is locked. 

We have an entire forum dedicated to the other topics.

Get this 100% back on what Jackson will do on the field this year before the whole thread is locked. 

You need to really sit back and think if that's the tone you want to take with grown men.  Because I'd rather the thread be locked and start a new one than kowtow to that bull#### tone.  

The people in this forum do not want to wade into the cess pool to talk about this.
Your needed if two or more people start going back and forth in an uncivilized manner.
Sometimes the shark pool does go off topic but we are talking about a football player(s). 

The people in this forum do not want to wade into the cess pool to talk about this.
Your needed if two or more people start going back and forth in an uncivilized manner.
Sometimes the shark pool does go off topic but we are talking about a football player(s). 
half of page 34 was about Trump.

Good write up by Roob on Lurie's decision:

I’ve heard everything from the Eagles were too hard on Jackson all the way to they let him off too easy. Very difficult situation. No easy answer, and I'm sure Lurie struggled with his response. Honestly, I think he got it right. Nobody benefits from just cutting him. And nobody learns a thing if there’s just a fine.

I wrote when this first happened: “DeSean simply can’t be allowed to put on an Eagles uniform again until he displays a true understanding of why his posts were so incredibly hateful and harmful,” and that’s exactly the route the Eagles took, and I believe Jackson is on his way toward doing just that. And if not? He's gone.

I give the Eagles a tremendous amount of credit for their restraint, because I would guess Lurie’s initial reaction was 'outta here'. But Lurie has never been one to make rash decisions. He genuinely wants his players — and all his employees — to have every opportunity to constantly evolve and learn and grow. And honestly, that’s what we should all want. 

Don't go off topic please.  

Last edited by a moderator:
*  You're. 

ESPN's Tim McManus reports that "the buzz has been that DeSean Jackson is as fast as ever following core muscle surgery last season."

Jackson is certainly not as fast as he was coming into the league, but it's could to see him moving well following a wasted year due to a sports hernia. The Eagles offense turned into one of the more conservative units because of his injury last year, something that should change back into an aerial attack with Jackson and rookie Jalen Reagor bringing more speed. Jackson isn't expected to be an every-week fantasy starter, but he should have enough spiked weeks to be a worthwhile double-digit round gamble. Expect Carson Wentz's average depth of target and passing totals to rebound in 2020.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 15, 2020, 7:33 PM ET

My strategy is to draft him late and sell high after his couple weeks of explosive play, right before he gets hurt.

Might sound homerish, but I am projecting 13 games played: 1100 yards and 8 scores. Carson Wentz (and I cannot emphasize this enough) *loves* Desean Jackson as football player. The chemistry was obvious last year in practice and week 1. Sure he missed all the other 15 games, which was more due to indecision to get surgery rather than it being a real big injury - still hasn't had any major injuries during his NFL career, just small, nagging things other than when Dunta Robinson almost took his head off. Reagor is out first week or 3. *Who else is there* is a reasonable question, other than the tight ends. 

Might sound homerish, but I am projecting 13 games played: 1100 yards and 8 scores. Carson Wentz (and I cannot emphasize this enough) *loves* Desean Jackson as football player. The chemistry was obvious last year in practice and week 1. Sure he missed all the other 15 games, which was more due to indecision to get surgery rather than it being a real big injury - still hasn't had any major injuries during his NFL career, just small, nagging things other than when Dunta Robinson almost took his head off. Reagor is out first week or 3. *Who else is there* is a reasonable question, other than the tight ends. 
I’ll certainly be starting him week 1 against Washington in the leagues I own him 

DJ is the cheapest high reward vet wr on my dyno radar.

Trying to flip him for Fitzgerald to a team that needs a consistent wide receiver

He's a must start imo....if he's shown us one thing it's that he comes out an has big games early, then gets dinged up and disappears.

I have him a distance TD league and I'm starting him with confidence

I'm really on the fence about starting him this weekend.  Him, A.j. Green, and D.K. Metcalf are my options...and I'm strongly considering Djax.

I agree with others, this is probably the BEST week to start him.  He's healthy and he loathes the Redwolveskinned Football team.

Start with confidence. Miles is banged up, Alshon is on the shelf. Reagor is out week 1. Washington has Ronald Darby. I mean....

Start with confidence. Miles is banged up, Alshon is on the shelf. Reagor is out week 1. Washington has Ronald Darby. I mean....
Yea i tried to draft him in every league.  Seems like a great start early on in the season.  If he stays healthy he could easily be the Top WR for Eagles.  Reports are Wentz loves him.  If he gets hurt oh well, you had a starter with BOOM potential early in the season when things are harder to predict.  

Yea i tried to draft him in every league.  Seems like a great start early on in the season.  If he stays healthy he could easily be the Top WR for Eagles.  Reports are Wentz loves him.  If he gets hurt oh well, you had a starter with BOOM potential early in the season when things are harder to predict.  
Pretty much. Did the same last year too, in dynasty as well. Had to hold him over on those teams, but redraft the value is stupid, still. This seems to me (biased of course) the correct play. 

DeSean Jackson caught 2-of-7 targets for 46 yards in the Eagles' Week 1 loss to Washington. 

Jackson, who spent a considerable time on the sideline in the first half, was tied for second in targets on the team. With a thin wide receiver group in Philadelphia, Jackson should see decent weekly opportunity by default. 

- Rotoworld

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said DeSean Jackson's snaps "will increase each week."

That would have been nice to know on Sunday. Jackson spent a portion of the game with his helmet tucked underneath his arm, finishing with seven targets on 37 snaps — the fewest among Philadelphia's starters. The Eagles have juicy matchups against the Rams and Bengals on deck and Jackson, who led all receivers in air yards per target (30.8) on Sunday, will cleary be more involved moving forward. With higher usage expected, he'll stay a WR2 in Week 2.

SOURCE: John Clark on Twitter

Sep 14, 2020, 2:28 PM ET

DeSean Jackson caught 6-of-9 targets for 64 yards in the Eagles' Week 2 loss to the Rams. 

D-Jax led the Eagles in targets on an afternoon where Carson Wentz played poorly. He also saw his snaps increase from 37 to 56 after the Eagles limited his reps in Week 1. Wentz has looked discombobulated behind the Eagles' banged up offensive line, but it is only a matter of time before the duo gets its downfield connection working. The Bengals are a get-right matchup for Week 3.

- Rotoworld

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is questionable to return for Week 3 against the Bengals.

The Eagles are already without Dallas Goedert (ankle), Alshon Jeffrey (foot), and Jalen Reagor (thumb). Jackson sat on the sidelines for the Eagles' final drive in the first half so Philadelphia shouldn't count on him returning. Greg Ward will take over as the No.1 receiver in Philly until they can get some healthy bodies on the field.

SOURCE: Eagles PR

Sep 27, 2020, 3:00 PM ET

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) won't return for Week 3 against the Bengals.

The Eagles are down to Greg Ward as their top receiver and don't have Dallas Goedert (ankle) to run 2TE sets with either. Carson Wentz has thrown two interceptions and is now throwing to a diminished set of weapons. Expect to see a lot of Zach Ertz going forward.

SOURCE: Eagles PR

Sep 27, 2020, 3:32 PM ET

NBC's John Clark said Eagles WR DeSean Jackson's hamstring is not considered "too serious." 

The injury-plagued veteran didn't return to the team's Week 3 game against the Bengals after seeing four targets, catching two for 11 yards. Rookie WR John Hightower stepped in and led Eagles receivers in pass routes against the Bengals. Meanwhile, Greg Ward emerged as Carson Wentz's go-to wideout in Week 3. Jackson is a volatile flex option in Week 4 against the 49ers. 

Sep 28, 2020, 11:31 AM ET

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is not practicing Wednesday.

Jackson's hamstring pull was reportedly "not too serious," but you never know with him. He's been far too injury-prone in his latest Eagles tenure. Greg Ward was Carson Wentz's top wideout last week against the Bengals. The Eagles have once again been ravaged by injuries just three weeks into the year.

Sep 30, 2020, 2:53 PM ET

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

33-year-old D-Jax seems to be breaking down during his second Philadelphia go-round. This hamstring ailment was supposedly minor, but the back-to-back DNPs have him looking doubtful for Sunday's showdown with the 49ers. Even a "limited" Friday session would change that, but fantasy managers planning to start Jackson as their WR3 need to start making back-up plans. 

SOURCE: Zach Berman on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 1:23 PM ET

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is out for Week 4 against the 49ers. 

Greg Ward remains the only healthy regular part of the Eagles' wideout rotation. Rookie John Hightower practiced in full Friday and shapes up to see ample playing time this week after leading the Eagles in wide receiver snaps last week against the Bengals. Ward, who caught 8-of-11 targets for 72 yards and a touchdown in Week 3, is the preferred fantasy option this week. 

RELATED: 

Greg Ward

, John Hightower

SOURCE: Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter 

Oct 2, 2020, 4:08 PM ET

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is out for Week 5 against the Steelers. 

Jackson, who got in a limited practice Friday, will miss another game with the hamstring injury. Greg Ward will once again function as the team's No. 1 receiver this week against Pittsburgh's stingy secondary. 

RELATED: 

Greg Ward

Oct 9, 2020, 3:59 PM ET

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Jackson got in a slate of "limited" practices last week before missing his second consecutive contests. We have yet to see a report that would lead us to believe he is anything other than genuinely questionable to suit up against the Ravens. Even if D-Jax gets to go-ahead, he could not be trusted as a WR3 vs. the Ravens' elite defense. 

Oct 15, 2020, 4:51 PM ET

Let's discuss DeSean Jackson because the sizzle/bark/hype way outkicks the production of what you have been getting of late. He's almost 34 yrs old and has a medical chart that could rival the Six Million Dollar Man. In his career spanning now into 13 seasons he has only ever played in 16 games one time. 

His days in Tampa Bay were mild and he hasn't been able to get on to the field in Philly, if you look at his stats over the last 4 seasons he has been going down hill. 

It's time to simply cut the cord. I'm sure he will have a game or two of decent production at some point but you will never have a solid starter at this point with Jackson. 

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) won't play in Week 6 against the Ravens.

Alshon Jeffery's (foot, out) and Jackson's returns will have to wait another week. Philadelphia will continue deploying Travis Fulgham, John Hightower, and Greg Ward in three-wide sets outside of Zach Ertz in a nightmarish matchup on Sunday. Fulgham and Ertz are the only two than can be trusted in the interim.

DFS Slant:

Travis Fulgham is priced right for Week 6 ($4400 DK, $5300 FD, $18 Yahoo) and opportunity should outweigh matchup here.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Eagles on Twitter

Oct 16, 2020, 3:07 PM ET

Let's discuss DeSean Jackson because the sizzle/bark/hype way outkicks the production of what you have been getting of late. He's almost 34 yrs old and has a medical chart that could rival the Six Million Dollar Man. In his career spanning now into 13 seasons he has only ever played in 16 games one time. 

His days in Tampa Bay were mild and he hasn't been able to get on to the field in Philly, if you look at his stats over the last 4 seasons he has been going down hill. 

It's time to simply cut the cord. I'm sure he will have a game or two of decent production at some point but you will never have a solid starter at this point with Jackson. 
Exactly. He will come back in a few weeks and bust off an 89 yard td and then disappear again the rest of the year.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 7 against the Giants.

The Eagles likely didn't want Jackson to return in Week 6 only to get a short week of practice and then another game on Thursday night. He should be close to full health by the time the Eagles face the Giants next week. Jackson saw 16 targets in his first two games before missing much of Week 3 and the following two games. With Jalen Reagor (thumb) still on injured reserve and Alshon Jeffrey (foot) seemingly not ready to return, Jackson could return to a large role in Week 7. He'll be a high-risk WR3/4 because of reinjury concerns.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 18, 2020, 9:58 AM ET

Took him in the FBG subscriber contest this year and last.  They’d better not list him at $2 next season. Don’t tempt me! I am weak.

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) remained "limited" in Tuesday's practice. 

D-Jax is expected to suit up for the first time since Week 3 when the Eagles host the Giants on Thursday evening, but it would certainly be nice to see him get in a full session. Dealing with one injury after another since arriving in Philadelphia last year, it should not be assumed that D-Jax will immediately slide back into a high-snap, high-target role. He will need to prove his health before anything else. He should be ranked somewhere in the WR36-44 range for Week 7. The upside remains self evident despite the equally obvious downside. 

Oct 20, 2020, 4:01 PM ET

Set up to play this Thursday. Anyone picking him up to see what happens? I play in a non-TE league where TE's qualify as WR. Thinking of dropping Henry and picking up Jackson to see if he turns into something with all of the injuries

I’m rolling him out in at least one league where I’m razor thin at WR.  Desperation is a stinky cologne.

That said, the targets should be there, he’s still a big play guy, and the schedule is a cakewalk fantasy wise over the next 4-6 weeks.  DJax is oft-injured, but when healthy, is still productive.  

tommyGunZ said:
I’m rolling him out in at least one league where I’m razor thin at WR.  Desperation is a stinky cologne.

That said, the targets should be there, he’s still a big play guy, and the schedule is a cakewalk fantasy wise over the next 4-6 weeks.  DJax is oft-injured, but when healthy, is still productive.  
He's not really a volume guy... so I don't see the targets being more than maybe 7

He's not really a volume guy... so I don't see the targets being more than maybe 7
Agree that he’s not a volume guy, but considering the weapons that Philly is without, I would expect DJax to at least get his average targets, if not more.  

jurrassic said:
Set up to play this Thursday. Anyone picking him up to see what happens? I play in a non-TE league where TE's qualify as WR. Thinking of dropping Henry and picking up Jackson to see if he turns into something with all of the injuries

tommyGunZ said:

I picked him up a couple weeks ago hoping he could fill in for injuries or bye weeks. Considering starting him over diontae Johnson in case he isn't fully healthy. Really not sure.

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is active for Week 7 against the Giants. 

As is RT Lane Johnson (ankle). Jackson is suiting up for the first time since Week 3. Battling injury all year, D-Jax had a modest 10 receptions for 121 yards in three games before going down. In his absence, Travis Fulgham has somehow emerged as the Eagles' No. 1 wideout. Injury skepticism is warranted, but D-Jax provides a desperately needed deep threat for an offense that has been close to off the rails all year. Jackson has a zero-point floor, but offers major upside as a WR4/5. Inactive for the Eagles are RB Miles Sanders, DT Malik Jackson, OT Jack Driscoll, S K'Von Wallace, WR Quez Watkins and QB Nate Sudfeld. 

Oct 22, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread