Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
austinball

DeSean Jackson

39 minutes ago, Deamon said:

He's not really a volume guy... so I don't see the targets being more than maybe 7

Agree that he’s not a volume guy, but considering the weapons that Philly is without, I would expect DJax to at least get his average targets, if not more.  

20 hours ago, jurrassic said:

Set up to play this Thursday. Anyone picking him up to see what happens? I play in a non-TE league where TE's qualify as WR. Thinking of dropping Henry and picking up Jackson to see if he turns into something with all of the injuries

5 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

I’m rolling him out in at least one league where I’m razor thin at WR.  Desperation is a stinky cologne.

That said, the targets should be there, he’s still a big play guy, and the schedule is a cakewalk fantasy wise over the next 4-6 weeks.  DJax is oft-injured, but when healthy, is still productive.  

I picked him up a couple weeks ago hoping he could fill in for injuries or bye weeks. Considering starting him over diontae Johnson in case he isn't fully healthy. Really not sure.

DeSean Jackson (hamstring) is active for Week 7 against the Giants. 

As is RT Lane Johnson (ankle). Jackson is suiting up for the first time since Week 3. Battling injury all year, D-Jax had a modest 10 receptions for 121 yards in three games before going down. In his absence, Travis Fulgham has somehow emerged as the Eagles' No. 1 wideout. Injury skepticism is warranted, but D-Jax provides a desperately needed deep threat for an offense that has been close to off the rails all year. Jackson has a zero-point floor, but offers major upside as a WR4/5. Inactive for the Eagles are RB Miles Sanders, DT Malik Jackson, OT Jack Driscoll, S K'Von Wallace, WR Quez Watkins and QB Nate Sudfeld. 

Oct 22, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

Probably an awful idea but I’m starting Desean over Humphries. Ceiling over floor call I guess, amidst bye week crunch. Again, fully aware I will probably regret this. But this theoretical upside is the whole reason I still (seemingly) waste a roster spot on Desean in 2020 in dynasty, so. Here we go. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

DeSean Jackson was forced from the Eagles' Week 7 win over the Giants with a right leg injury. 

This one was brutal. For some reason tasked with returning a critical late punt — a poor idea in light of D-Jax's 2019-20 injury woes — Jackson got lit up by a helmet-to-helmet hit and then seemed to injure both his knee and ankle. He could put no weight on his right leg before being helped to the sideline and carted to the locker room. Active for the first time since Week 3, Jackson was not heavily involved on offense before going down, hauling in 3-of-5 targets for 34 yards as Travis Fulgham dominated looks in the Eagles' receiver corps. D-Jax certainly did not look like he will be ready for Week 8 against the Cowboys, and there is a real chance he will be headed to injured reserve. The 33-year-old just can't stay healthy at this point of his career. 

Oct 22, 2020, 11:45 PM ET

Don't see how anyone can start this guy anymore. He hasn't stayed healthy for a full season in what, 5 years? Time to put him out to pasture.... 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles believe DeSean Jackson has a high-ankle sprain.

Jackson is expected to be out "several weeks." He'll likely be placed on injured reserve, sidelining him out for at least the next three games. High ankle sprains typically come with 4-6 week timetables. Barring setbacks, Jackson should have a chance to return later this season. 

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 23, 2020, 9:30 AM ET

3 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

At this point, I may drop him in dynasty. I don't see him being helpful with these injury and his age. Of course, depends on what else is out there.

I’m cutting him for sure. Even have more valuable fliers on my IR at this point, it’s nice to be free of him (this is not commentary on his injury, it really sucks for him and I liked him a lot in Washington) after two years of feeling like if I cut him, he’d eventually be started against me as a Hail Mary option and blow up or something. I’m free!

• Like 1

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports DeSean Jackson (ankle) is expected to miss 6-8 weeks.

Jackson has a non-displaced ankle fracture. It's worse than the high-ankle sprain that was originally reported. Jackson is expected to avoid surgery and is "highly motivated" to make it back this year. Returning in Week 14 would be a best-case scenario for Jackson.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 24, 2020, 11:06 AM ET

Eagles placed DeSean Jackson (ankle) on injured reserve.

As expected. Jackson is eyeing a 6-8 week absence before being re-evaluated. There's still a chance he returns for any postseason games if Philadelphia is able to clinch the NFC Least. Travis Fulgham and, soon, Jalen Reagor will remain the team's boundary wideouts in the interim.

SOURCE: Zack Berman on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 3:33 PM ET