What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (1 Viewer)

By knee jerk, do you mean like waiting 3 months to make the decision? This decision wasn't made this weekThat would be a ton of work for Rosenhaus to do to not see a dollar, no?
Yeah, the Eagles decided to get rid of Jackson by the end of February. They waited for this story (full of Eagles front office sources) to hit the press to give them some PR cover, rather than just release Jackson with no explanation. I don't see any way his agent orchestrated this.

RE: the murder connection. A lot of people are looking at this wrong. Ask yourself this, why does the LAPD even mention his name in connection with a murder? He shouldn't be ANYWHERE on their radar.
That's incredibly naive. Or maybe idealistic. But consider where he's from. A lot of people he grew up with went down a bad road. That's unavoidable, and it's not a situation unique to Jackson. Not even close.
And as I said its a piece to the puzzle. Throwing up gang signs while taking pictures with the alledged murderers is avoidable. That situation IS unique to Jackson. Finding some of Jackson's belongings after an incident then having him avoid questioning IS unique to Jackson. Etc. there's many in here that haven't read the whole article regarding this situation.

And as I said its a piece to the puzzle. Throwing up gang signs while taking pictures with the alledged murderers is avoidable. That situation IS unique to Jackson. Finding some of Jackson's belongings after an incident then having him avoid questioning IS unique to Jackson. Etc. there's many in here that haven't read the whole article regarding this situation.
When did that happen, and how did it conclude? Seems like those are important puzzle pictures you left out.

When did that happen, and how did it conclude? Seems like those are important puzzle pictures you left out.
Again, pieces to the puzzle.

The stuff that was in the report was just the stuff they KNOW. Unless you believe that's an anomaly, if so, this conversation is over.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h

#Chiefs & Andy Reid were intrigued by DeSean Jackson, but with limited cap space, can’t match the budding open market. Would’ve loved DeSean
So it looks like it was again mean embellishment and speculation that Jackson's issues are to blame for him not ending up in KC. Like I said before. I'm guessing many teams just don't have the money to really entertain him.
Reid is a good guy, its not like he would come out and trash him if he didnt like what he knew.

He and Meangelo Hall would be quite the leaders. Wow.
What the coaches think of Hall.
Yeah but he has to think that.
So you know better than his coaches?
Didnt they just sign a new coach? He has been a punk his whole career from what an outsider sees of him in ATL and DC and I followed him back at VT too. Maybe he's a better guy know I wouldnt know but the perception most non Skins fans have isnt the best. Maybe you know him well but I wouldnt expect any of his own coaches to talk bad about him while hes on the team, that wouldn make much sense.

Sunday notes: Jets playing 'Moneyball'By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Excerpt:

DeSean update: Unless they pull a 180, the Jets won't be a factor in the DeSean Jackson sweepstakes -- a smart move. He's not a fit for them. They held internal discussions on Jackson, with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg giving his blessing. Mornhinweg, who coached him with the Philadelphia Eagles, told people in the organization that Jackson -- known for his bad-boy reputation -- wouldn't be a problem in the locker room. That apparently wasn't enough to sway Idzik, who reportedly hadn't reached out to Jackson's agent as of Saturday. Jackson is scheduled to visit Monday with the Washington Redskins. The Oakland Raiders might be interested as well.

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports the Raiders are doing "background work" on free agent DeSean Jackson.
The two sides are said to be interested in hammering out a deal, but the Raiders need to cover all the bases and make sure bringing Jackson "home" to Southern California is the right thing. Jackson is scheduled to visit the Redskins on Monday. Washington and Oakland seem to be the most interested in Jackson. Redskins owner Dan Snyder can throw gobs of money at Jackson, if need be.

Related: Raiders

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Buffalo News' Tim Graham reports the Bills only are interested in free agent DeSean Jackson at a "predetermined price" and will not get into a bidding war.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport labeled the Bills a "wild card" landing spot for Jackson, but with the list of teams interested in Jackson growing by the minute, it is unlikely the Bills can land Jackson on their terms. The Raiders and Chiefs have emerged as the favorites to land Jackson's services.

Related: Bills

Source: Tim Graham on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports the Raiders are doing "background work" on free agent DeSean Jackson.

The two sides are said to be interested in hammering out a deal, but the Raiders need to cover all the bases and make sure bringing Jackson "home" to Southern California is the right thing. Jackson is scheduled to visit the Redskins on Monday. Washington and Oakland seem to be the most interested in Jackson. Redskins owner Dan Snyder can throw gobs of money at Jackson, if need be.

Related: Raiders

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
Buffalo News' Tim Graham reports the Bills only are interested in free agent DeSean Jackson at a "predetermined price" and will not get into a bidding war.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport labeled the Bills a "wild card" landing spot for Jackson, but with the list of teams interested in Jackson growing by the minute, it is unlikely the Bills can land Jackson on their terms. The Raiders and Chiefs have emerged as the favorites to land Jackson's services.

Isn't Oakland Northern California?

Rotoworld:

The Buffalo News reports the Bills are "doing their due diligence" on free agent DeSean Jackson.
Beat reporter Tim Graham believes Jackson-to-Buffalo "could happen," and the interest is serious. Some fans apparently think the Bills are set at receiver, but they aren't, and we expect them to be in the mix for Mike Evans at No. 9 overall. The Bills are aiming for a run-heavy offense that sets up deep shots. Like in-place burner Marquise Goodwin, that philosophy fits Jackson's skill set.

He and Meangelo Hall would be quite the leaders. Wow.
What the coaches think of Hall.
Yeah but he has to think that.
So you know better than his coaches?
Didnt they just sign a new coach? He has been a punk his whole career from what an outsider sees of him in ATL and DC and I followed him back at VT too. Maybe he's a better guy know I wouldnt know but the perception most non Skins fans have isnt the best. Maybe you know him well but I wouldnt expect any of his own coaches to talk bad about him while hes on the team, that wouldn make much sense.
OK, so you don't know better than the coaches. Glad we got that out of the way.

Haslett has been the defensive coordinator for the last 4 years and wanted Hall re-signed. Hall was the best Redskins defensive player last year, was good in the locker room and press, and has changed a great deal from his young days.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that as well as Skins fans do.

A one month hire that conducted a 10 min phone conversation eases 10yrs of leadership concern. Gotcha.
You should stop posting about things you're clueless about. It's not a good look.
What part of the 3 aspects of my statement am I clueless about?
You're acting like Gruden touching base with Hall over the phone is where this stuff about Hall being a leader came from. Most Skins fans will tell you he's been a core Redskin and defensive leader for awhile. It's just being recognized now as he gets older.

A one month hire that conducted a 10 min phone conversation eases 10yrs of leadership concern. Gotcha.
Haha exactly what I was thinking. Who needs London Fletcher when you have.....Deangelo. ..Hall.
LOL, like it's a competition of who can be a better leader? It is irrelevant that Fletch is there or not, Hall has stepped up in the past several years by his play and in the locker room. He has grown considerably from his earlier years and yes there was plenty of fuel for the fire that you are stoking in his earlier years. Coaching staff, even the infamous Skeletor, loved Hall and what he brought to the table for them. They were loyal to Hall and Hall has surely been loyal to the team. So, you can bash all you want about what you think you know or from what type of player he was 10 years ago, but all it proves is how out of touch you are on the subject (DeAngelo Hall).

Rotoworld:

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said the Lions have not discussed pursuing free agent DeSean Jackson.
The Lions are still looking for a third receiver behind Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate, but Jackson won't be their man. He'd be too expensive and bring too much risk for that role, especially after the Titus Young disaster. The Detroit Free Press expects the Lions to use a high draft pick on a wideout.

Related: Lions

Source: Detroit Free Press
Sources tell the Washington Post that it's "unclear" if the Redskins will be willing to meet free agent DeSean Jackson's contract demands.
The Redskins' front office is reportedly in "full agreement" in the decision to pursue Jackson, with two sources telling the post they're "all in." But with just $6.8 million in cap space and tons of holes all over the roster, the dollars and cents might not make sense. The Raiders and Bills both have roughly $14 million in available cap space. Jackson is visiting Washington Monday evening and Tuesday. CSN Bay Area reported Sunday that Oakland is willing to make a "substantial" offer.

Related: Raiders, Redskins

Source: Washington Post

Aren't the Redskins and Chiefs pretty much at the same place in terms of cap room?

And yet the Chiefs passed. rather go with Avery and Hemingway.

And the Panthers passed. There is no more WR needy team. They'd rather go with Underwood, Cotchery and King/McNutt apparently.

The Jets passed, they have Decker and Kerley but that's not nearly enough to compete, plus they have Vick.

The Raiders are famous for poor personnel decisions, they're interested.

The Bills. Well, I don't know.

The teams that are or are not in the hunt are pretty interesting. Clearly there are teams that are very WR needy who are passing despite a top tier talent being free as a bird. There's smoke there, you can say the Eagles knee-jerked but that can't be the case with these other teams.

Aren't the Redskins and Chiefs pretty much at the same place in terms of cap room?

And yet the Chiefs passed. rather go with Avery and Hemingway.

And the Panthers passed. There is no more WR needy team. They'd rather go with Underwood, Cotchery and King/McNutt apparently.

The Jets passed, they have Decker and Kerley but that's not nearly enough to compete, plus they have Vick.

The Raiders are famous for poor personnel decisions, they're interested.

The Bills. Well, I don't know.

The teams that are or are not in the hunt are pretty interesting. Clearly there are teams that are very WR needy who are passing despite a top tier talent being free as a bird. There's smoke there, you can say the Eagles knee-jerked but that can't be the case with these other teams.
Haha, dont tell this to the Skins fans in this thread.

You should stop posting about things you're clueless about. It's not a good look.
FWIW he was/is one of the team captains.
We all saw how the Skins did last year, so what exactly is that worth?

Haha exactly what I was thinking. Who needs London Fletcher when you have.....Deangelo. ..Hall.
LOL, like it's a competition of who can be a better leader? It is irrelevant that Fletch is there or not, Hall has stepped up in the past several years by his play and in the locker room. He has grown considerably from his earlier years and yes there was plenty of fuel for the fire that you are stoking in his earlier years. Coaching staff, even the infamous Skeletor, loved Hall and what he brought to the table for them. They were loyal to Hall and Hall has surely been loyal to the team. So, you can bash all you want about what you think you know or from what type of player he was 10 years ago, but all it proves is how out of touch you are on the subject (DeAngelo Hall).
For sure, any non Skins fan is going off of what a jerk he acts like while you are probably right there is more to it.

You saying that Hall's lack of leadership led directly to their poor record? Please continue. :popcorn:

You saying that Hall's lack of leadership led directly to their poor record? Please continue. :popcorn:
Apparently didnt help much.

No one said that it did. But the original question was about his leadership concerns. And I was merely pointing out that his teammates and coaches don't share opinions of eagles fans.

Rotoworld:

Sources tell ESPN's Ed Werder that two teams are in "deep negotiations" with free agent DeSean Jackson.
It's an eyebrow-raiser because Werder says these two teams have not been identified publicly has having interest in Jackson. That rules out the Redskins, Raiders, Bills, Jets and 49ers. And despite serious needs, the Chiefs and Panthers have said they're not interested. We have a couple darkhorses in the mix as Jackson meets with Dan Snyder in Virgina Monday. "Lot of research needs to be done here. High risk, potentially high reward," one NFL head coach told Werder.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

No one said that it did. But the original question was about his leadership concerns. And I was merely pointing out that his teammates and coaches don't share opinions of eagles fans.
Gotcha, so a coach with 0 NFL wins and players that finished last in the division think hes a good leader. This is me being impressed.

Rotoworld:

Sources tell ESPN's Ed Werder that two teams are in "deep negotiations" with free agent DeSean Jackson.
It's an eyebrow-raiser because Werder says these two teams have not been identified publicly has having interest in Jackson. That rules out the Redskins, Raiders, Bills, Jets and 49ers. And despite serious needs, the Chiefs and Panthers have said they're not interested. We have a couple darkhorses in the mix as Jackson meets with Dan Snyder in Virgina Monday. "Lot of research needs to be done here. High risk, potentially high reward," one NFL head coach told Werder.

This sounds like his agent isnt getting what he thought he would.

Rotoworld:

My first thought too. Put the heat on Washington.

Rotoworld:

So Skins have $6.8M in cap room, wonder how Danny makes it work and what DJax thinks he's getting. Or is he using Danny to bid up the others.

Gotcha, so a coach with 0 NFL wins and players that finished last in the division think hes a good leader. This is me being impressed.
He was made a team captain before Gruden got there, genius.

He was made a team captain before Gruden got there, genius.
When Skeletor was there? Oh that changes things.

The Redskins currently are a hair less than $7 million below the cap. There's more money likely to become available with renegotiations and cuts (Chris Chester, Stephen Bowen, others). I don't know the exact details of the Chiefs situation.

How much of a contract counts against this year's cap depends on how the contract is structured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread