What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (1 Viewer)

AcerFC

Footballguy
I never really watch new shows as they get axed way too quick, but plan on setting the DVR for this.

My guess is that the first season is pretty good and then Whedon leaves and its downhill from there.

Premieres Tuesday, Sept 24th at 8:00 on ABC

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if he'll try to make a series formula that is all the rage or harkin back to an Xfiles or even Fringe style of one off plots that tie to a larger picture occasionally.

Dumb question, are superheroes/villains in this?
Yes but not the famous ones from what we can tell. The trailer showed a superhero/villain in it (the actor who played Charles Gunn from Whedon's series Angel).

Dumb question, are superheroes/villains in this?
maybe, who knows what angle they are taking, I think the dead dude from Avengers is in it. Will Nick Fury be played by Samuel L ?
Nick Fury is not suppose to be a regular character on the show. Jackson had previously proposed to Joss that he could appear in voice only (via phone etc), since he had such a distinctive voice but he never really said if Joss bought the idea.Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) is the main character in this series. He runs his own team.

Cobie Smulders will occasionally appear reprising her role as Mariah Hill.

I'll watch, but my expectations are pretty measured. I'm not really thinking of it as a Joss show, as he's going to be pretty busy doing the Avengers sequel. Jeffrey Bell did a decent enough job running the last season of Angel. I wasn't in love with Jed Whedon and Marissa's scripts for Dollhouse, but they were pretty new then. I'm not sure that the concept of a procedural in the Marvel universe is all that interesting to me, but I expect that at least the arc storyline will be somewhat interesting.

I'll wait and see if you guys think it's awesome. So at the end of season 1 you think it's great i'll power watch it on DVR or the torrents or something.

I've never been terribly impressed with the shield angle... and certainly significantly less impressed if it's without Nick Fury.. NIck Fury IS S.H.I.E.L.D. no Sam jackson, no thanks

The previews make it look like its chock full of terrible jokes.

I'll give it a whirl and see... not expecting much though

This and the Dracula show with the Huntress doll from Arrow and the Tudors guy are the only new shows we're watching this fall, I think.

In. Looks like something decent I can watch with my boys. I never got into the comics, so I'm going in with a blank slate and low expectations (other than it will be more interesting to watch than the dreck on the Disney channel/Nick).

In. Looks like something decent I can watch with my boys. I never got into the comics, so I'm going in with a blank slate and low expectations (other than it will be more interesting to watch than the dreck on the Disney channel/Nick).
are you bad mouthing Dog with a Blog?

Dog with a blog is not a strong show, but Good Luck Charlie and Shake it Up on the other hand

Dog with a blog is not a strong show, but Good Luck Charlie and Shake it Up on the other hand
Good Luck Charlie and Gravity Falls are shows I can sit through, and each have their moments.

Shake it Up is one of the worst shows ever conceived. Not only is it really annoying when they have a dance show and the "stars" aren't as good as the back up dancers, but the plots are horrible and there is not one single likeable character on the show.

I would recommend watching the Iron Man, Cap America, Hulk, Thor & Avengers movies. I suspect there will be a lot of references to those films in the series.

I would recommend watching the Iron Man, Cap America, Hulk, Thor & Avengers movies. I suspect there will be a lot of references to those films in the series.
I meant to say that I never got into the comic books, so the backstories, and all that stuff, aren't coloring my expectations. I have seen the Avengers, first two Iron Man movies, Hulk, and part of Thor. I never saw Captain America, but it is currently available on Netflix so I'll get to it eventually.

Good Luck Charlie and Gravity Falls are shows I can sit through, and each have their moments.

Shake it Up is one of the worst shows ever conceived. Not only is it really annoying when they have a dance show and the "stars" aren't as good as the back up dancers, but the plots are horrible and there is not one single likeable character on the show.
Good Luck Charlie is :moneybag: Austin and Ally, Jessie and Shake It Up all blow.

Good start, but have to agree on the car. The Back to the Future ending was a bit silly. The hacker chick is crazy hot.

I'll wait and see if you guys think it's awesome. So at the end of season 1 you think it's great i'll power watch it on DVR or the torrents or something.

I've never been terribly impressed with the shield angle... and certainly significantly less impressed if it's without Nick Fury.. NIck Fury IS S.H.I.E.L.D. no Sam jackson, no thanks
Except Nick Fury is white in the comics.

The hacker girl distracted me from getting much work done during the episode with her super powers.

I thought it was a bit weak as far as a pilot but will be watching as Mrs BD loves her some Joss.

Except Nick Fury is white in the comics.
Yeah except for Ultimate Marvel and Marvel retired the old Nick and created a new Fury who is bald and african american. So he's not really white in the comics any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread