What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (3 Viewers)

Of the candidates that seem to have been floated so far, the best bet for the blue dude appears to be the Gramosians.

1. Blue skin

2. From Thor continuity, so likely no rights issues (Kree might be owned by Fox who has the Fantastic Four stuff); and the show continues to be pretty Asgard-centric.

3. GH = Gramosian Hormone?

Other speculation behind spoilers.

Still think it's extremely likely that Centipede/the Clairvoyant is a rogue SHIELD element. Pretty sure that Paxson's character is part of that and that we'll get the whole "Oh my God, we led them right there!" twist in subsequent episodes.

Real good episode. The Coulson stuff gets more and more interesting.

Bill Paxton absolutely owned it.

One thing that I thought was really odd was the black dude getting all swoony over Simmons. Yeah, I get it from the she's really hot point of view but he talked to her for about 5 seconds and was ready to pledge his undying love. It just came totally out of nowhere. Simmons thought it was odd too although that's probably because she's totally into Skye.

Looking forward to the Thor tie-in next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real good episode. The Coulson stuff gets more and more interesting.

Bill Paxton absolutely owned it.

One thing that I thought was really odd was the black dude getting all swoony over Simmons. Yeah, I get it from the she's really hot point of view but he talked to her for about 5 seconds and was ready to pledge his undying love. It just came totally out of nowhere. Simmons thought it was odd too although that's probably because she's totally into Skye.

Looking forward to the Thor tie-in next week.
I, and I'm sure many others, expected him at some point to knock Simmons out and free Quinn.

This has some good speculation on who the blue guy was without any outright spoilers:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/04/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-what-was-the-blue-alien/

We pretty sure he is dead regardless due to the explosions? Or was his vault sealed off enough that he could potentially "live" still?
I don't think it's a given that it's an alien body. They mentioned that the facility was a WW II era bunker. What experiments do we know were happening in WW II that would directly tie into human regeneration? The Super Soldier program. If you think back to Captain America the First Avenger, Col. Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones) refers to Cap as a lab experiment and wants to ship him off for study to Alamagordo, NM. Steve Rogers also wasn't who Phillips wanted to test the Super Soldier serum. The soldier he wanted was named Gilmore Hodge.

With Winter Soldier about to come it, having a story line tying into the mini-Super Soldier arms race seems to make a lot of sense. Maybe after Cap was gone they continued to experiment and picked up with Gilmore Hodge (G.H.), which ended as a failed attempt to recreate the Erskine process that created Cap?
That,sir, is quite a bit of work.

Not sure I'm following why GH being some alien guy's blood would make Coulson want to let Skye die, or why it would make him freak out to the point where he was just going to stand around until he blew up.

Great episode. I figured the blue guy was a Kree since they are so prominent in the Marvel Universe, but haven't really been featured in the MCU yet, so there's room for AoS to go there. Plus I really just want some gorgeous blonde chick to get cast in a movie as Ms. Marvel/Warbird, who (in most continuities) got her powers from the Kree.

Yeah, I thought it was a little strange that Coulson and the team were willing to kill the two guards. What made their lives less valuable than Skye's? Sure, it was self-defense, but it was still disjointed.

I completely thought the black dude (who was cool) was going to be on Quinn's/the Clairvoyant's payroll, and would attack Simmons to free Quinn, too. It was interesting that they left him behind on the Bus while infiltrating the compound; there seemed to be no logical reason to do so, as May was more than capable of guarding the Bus as she has in so many other episodes. it also seemed as though he could have been of more assistance dealing with the compound. Good actor.

Paxton was fantastic. Terrific guest shot.

Great episode. I figured the blue guy was a Kree since they are so prominent in the Marvel Universe, but haven't really been featured in the MCU yet, so there's room for AoS to go there. Plus I really just want some gorgeous blonde chick to get cast in a movie as Ms. Marvel/Warbird, who (in most continuities) got her powers from the Kree.

Yeah, I thought it was a little strange that Coulson and the team were willing to kill the two guards. What made their lives less valuable than Skye's? Sure, it was self-defense, but it was still disjointed.

I completely thought the black dude (who was cool) was going to be on Quinn's/the Clairvoyant's payroll, and would attack Simmons to free Quinn, too. It was interesting that they left him behind on the Bus while infiltrating the compound; there seemed to be no logical reason to do so, as May was more than capable of guarding the Bus as she has in so many other episodes. it also seemed as though he could have been of more assistance dealing with the compound. Good actor.

The Kree will be a big part of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie

The Kree will be a big part of the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie
Yup. Another reason why I think Blue Guy was a Kree.

As others have mentioned this whole part felt off/forced.

They did have a throw away line as to why he stayed with Simmons, something about him having medical training to assist her .

anybody else have a problem with Coulson's team killing those two guys to save Skye?
Nope. Those guys shot first. Coulson said repeatedly they were only there for medical help.

"No hard feelings, Bob."
Those guards were following protocol. They had no way of knowing if Coulson was with Shield or just a guy working for Ian Quinn using "medical help" as a pretense to steal "GH" for a nefarious purpose. Coulson's team just barged in with machine guns. Coulson doesn't know who those guys are, but based on him having been at the facility to be resurrected, they could be SHIELD agents.

anybody else have a problem with Coulson's team killing those two guys to save Skye?
Nope. Those guys shot first. Coulson said repeatedly they were only there for medical help. "No hard feelings, Bob."
Those guards were following protocol. They had no way of knowing if Coulson was with Shield or just a guy working for Ian Quinn using "medical help" as a pretense to steal "GH" for a nefarious purpose. Coulson's team just barged in with machine guns. Coulson doesn't know who those guys are, but based on him having been at the facility to be resurrected, they could be SHIELD agents.
My wife said the same thing. Didn't Fitz say earlier in the episode that Fury had accessed this place in the past?

While I enjoyed this episode, the more people talk about it, the more holes appear to be opening. Maybe it will make more sense later but I get the feeling that there might not be any consequences to blowing the place up and killing the two guards.

Yep. It was this very point that had me thinking this was far from the best episode, and might be the worst. Good guys don't kill other good guys by choice.

Yep. It was this very point that had me thinking this was far from the best episode, and might be the worst. Good guys don't kill other good guys by choice.
It was hardly by choice. They repeated over and over they were there for medical help and the other guys started firing first.

Shield isn't necessarily always good guys BTW. I know the show plays it that way, but maybe they'll spin it away from that or want it to be more ambiguous. From what I hear about the new Captain America movie, that may be intentional. It's supposed to be very 3 Days of the Condor ish

This has some good speculation on who the blue guy was without any outright spoilers:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/04/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-what-was-the-blue-alien/

We pretty sure he is dead regardless due to the explosions? Or was his vault sealed off enough that he could potentially "live" still?
I don't think it's a given that it's an alien body. They mentioned that the facility was a WW II era bunker. What experiments do we know were happening in WW II that would directly tie into human regeneration? The Super Soldier program. If you think back to Captain America the First Avenger, Col. Phillips (Tommy Lee Jones) refers to Cap as a lab experiment and wants to ship him off for study to Alamagordo, NM. Steve Rogers also wasn't who Phillips wanted to test the Super Soldier serum. The soldier he wanted was named Gilmore Hodge.

With Winter Soldier about to come it, having a story line tying into the mini-Super Soldier arms race seems to make a lot of sense. Maybe after Cap was gone they continued to experiment and picked up with Gilmore Hodge (G.H.), which ended as a failed attempt to recreate the Erskine process that created Cap?
That,sir, is quite a bit of work.
I like it as well. My son said GH 325 was the chemical that gave Luke Cage his powers, which was also trying to recreate the super serum formula. I thought the black guy on the Bus may end up becoming him (I know a different name, but they have been known to tinker with origin stories). I'm going to guess that the blue guy is a Kree and the GH does relate back to Hodge.

Also thought it was cool that the bus call number was 616 which corresponds with Earth 616.

It was hardly by choice. They repeated over and over they were there for medical help and the other guys started firing first.
Yup. Granted Bob and his buddy didn't know if they were telling the truth but Coulson said repeatedly it was a medical expedition only. Bob and his buddy fired first. I wasn't the least bit bothered they got offed.

Yup. Granted Bob and his buddy didn't know if they were telling the truth but Coulson said repeatedly it was a medical expedition only. Bob and his buddy fired first. I wasn't the least bit bothered they got offed.
Given what was in the facility I'm guessing that their orders were something along the lines of "don't let anyone that doesn't know the passcode in under any circumstances, ever".

I don't care that they killed them per say either. They made it clear that they had no choice if they wanted to save Skye. But that was a decision that should have some consequences. I think most of us are more interested in what would the consequences be of this action. If Bob and friend were related to Shield and were following protocol, this should not be swept under the rug imo. Although I fear metaphorically that is exactly what they did with the blowing up of the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care that they killed them per say either. They made it clear that they had no choice if they wanted to save Skye. But that was a decision that should have some consequences.
It could. They've been pushing hard at Coulson having issues with the way SHIELD does things and vice versa. I would anticipate that aspect of the storyline to only get stronger going forward.

Agree those two guards shouldn't have been offed. Why not a non-lethal neutralization, then just drag them out before the place blows up?

Agree those two guards shouldn't have been offed. Why not a non-lethal neutralization, then just drag them out before the place blows up?
My guess: Paxton and his buddy are the ones who actually shot them and they're working for clairovoyant.

Really liked tonight's episode. Had action, as well as advancing the Coulson storyline, with some intrigue at the end. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Siff.

Really liked tonight's episode. Had action, as well as advancing the Coulson storyline, with some intrigue at the end. I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Siff.
Funny, I didn't care for it. Not a fan of Asgardians, and would prefer this show to be mostly Earth-bound with tie-ins to the movies and rest of the universe. Looks like I'll be disappointed going forward.

Funny, I didn't care for it. Not a fan of Asgardians, and would prefer this show to be mostly Earth-bound with tie-ins to the movies and rest of the universe. Looks like I'll be disappointed going forward.
Isn't that exactly what this episode was? I thought this was a nice use of a side character from the movies.

So Lady Sif said that Odin sent her to get Lorelei.

My daughter asked me, paraphrased "so does that really mean Loki sent her since Loki is assuming Odin's form?"

So no new episode next week again. For those that did not watch the previews, it is going to be a Marvel special talking about Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2, and what's next for Agents of Shield.

Isn't that exactly what this episode was? I thought this was a nice use of a side character from the movies.
I wasnt clear. I'd prefer no asgardians or aliens in the show. References to events are fine.

So no new episode next week again. For those that did not watch the previews, it is going to be a Marvel special talking about Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2, and what's next for Agents of Shield.
So, an hour long commercial.

My daughter asked me, paraphrased "so does that really mean Loki sent her since Loki is assuming Odin's form?"
Nice catch by your daughter. Yes, I would agree that is what's going on.

Lorelei wouldn't even need to use her magic voice with me... :wub:

My understanding is that they'll be replaying T.R.A.C.K.S the week after the infomercial. So it's another two weeks off, which is curious scheduling (although I guess it gives them a clear run through sweeps).

I thought this week's show was a refreshingly fun "monster of the week" episode (which will probably end up being more arc-based than it seems). The show is improving, if not as fast as I'd like.

Thought it was kind of ho-hum. OK, but nothing great.

I like Clark Gregg and Skye is off the charts hot but is there a reason why he had so much heavy breathing in his final scene with her? Felt like a rather odd acting choice.

Curious if anyone agrees with this guy's take on who the Clairvoyant is. Obvious possible spoilers.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on the various comics universes, but when I was trying to come up with the Clairvoyant's identity this was the best I had come up with as well. Though he takes making the case for it much further than I could.

My son said the same thing. Probably a tie to the next movie where Lorelei and/or the Enchantress will be used.

Curious if anyone agrees with this guy's take on who the Clairvoyant is. Obvious possible spoilers.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on the various comics universes, but when I was trying to come up with the Clairvoyant's identity this was the best I had come up with as well. Though he takes making the case for it much further than I could.
I concur

My son said the same thing. Probably a tie to the next movie where Lorelei and/or the Enchantress will be used.
I did too. Either your son and Newly Retired's daughter are really smart or I have the intelligence of a child. :

Kinda afraid where this one might wind up.

Was May talking to Fury at the end?

At least that explained her bit over the top concern about Son of Coul which seemed out of character.

Users who are viewing this thread