What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (3 Viewers)

I enjoyed the return. AoS has been so disconnected from the MCU for so long that I dont mind them ignoring timelines, etc. i really enjoy the characters on the show, and it stands up well on its own imo.

Oh, and Skye. (Although I cannot complain about Jemma or May either. This show has something for everyone)

I enjoyed the return. AoS has been so disconnected from the MCU for so long that I dont mind them ignoring timelines, etc. i really enjoy the characters on the show, and it stands up well on its own imo.

Oh, and Skye. (Although I cannot complain about Jemma or May either. This show has something for everyone)
Yeah once they got into their own time jumps and space travel they seemed to be similar to most of the other tv shows, in the universe but not really syncing.  Good opening episode, got you caught up.  Looks like they are using the GotG jump points to get through space.  

:lmao: at Daisy's crazy 9 months in deep space tan.

I'm also annoyed they're ignoring the MCU. But oh well I'm glad the show is back. 

I enjoyed it and glad its back. Curious to see what the explanation is behind the big reveal on the new "big bad." Maybe alternate dimensions or timelines? That was heaviliy mentioned last year and it's possible that's the route that Phase 4 in the movies might be going.

Love that they are finally getting around to focusing on rebuilding Shield in the show. They were kind of giving lip service to that in Season 3 and part of Season 4 but then it always took a backburner to the larger story arcs of Inhumans/LMDs/space, etc. Already renewed for Season 7 for those that weren't following the news. Also it's likely Season 7 is the last although anything is possible at this point.

Buckna said:
I enjoyed it and glad its back. Curious to see what the explanation is behind the big reveal on the new "big bad." Maybe alternate dimensions or timelines? That was heaviliy mentioned last year and it's possible that's the route that Phase 4 in the movies might be going.

Love that they are finally getting around to focusing on rebuilding Shield in the show. They were kind of giving lip service to that in Season 3 and part of Season 4 but then it always took a backburner to the larger story arcs of Inhumans/LMDs/space, etc. Already renewed for Season 7 for those that weren't following the news. Also it's likely Season 7 is the last although anything is possible at this point.
I had no idea that they had already been renewed for Season 7, and that's awesome news.  Go AOS!

I have watched every episode since the very beginning and will be watching until cancelled.  I very much like this show.

But I am having such a difficult time with the decision to ignore Thanos entirely.

In the very last episode last season they had a major character screaming "Thanos is almost here!!"

Maybe the story in this season will explain why we are suppose to pretend that this is happening PreSnap but I don't see it.

Even if they wanted to completely ignore Thanos and not have the characters mention it, why not just one simple text line at the beginning  of the first episode to set the time frame as happening months after Endgame ended and go from there?

Maybe all the characters in the show weren't affected by the snap in the same way it seems all of Spidey's characters were?

They painted themselves into a corner with the Fitz in space storyline and then the time lapse it would have taken t o get everyone back together post snap. Though I'd have been fine if we lost Mac. He's gotten awfully preachy. 

I was out of town all weekend. Was thinking there would be one of these in the dvr for tonight. They skip a week? I don't want to Google in case of spoilers. 

Speakinawhich

Pretty powerful episodes lately. I'll avoid spoilers but not on the Thanos line (Im the lone person on the planet that hasnt seen Endgame yet so please hold off). Still pretty powerful stuff for us who have followed the characters

Also the "ring" thing was freaky. Probably because I'm actually scared of that kind of scare tactic but damn...

Last weeks ep was quite the mind trip for sure.  And one heck of a way to work out all your anxieties and issues with your soul mate.  Well, all but one of them that I can think of.

Got to admit the way the "ring" thing ended was hilarious.

Ok, so the season finale was last Friday.  And Uhhhhh... WTF??!?!?!!!!??
Yeah, that was a trippy ending. Love the setup for the final season though, should be their craziest one yet.

Sounds like they may be jumping around in time quite a bit. Wonder if we will get some MCU cameo's along the way.

Liked Deke's meltdown, found him super annoying last season but now I kind of like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final season starts tomorrow night on ABC.
What? I thought it was all done. I may have to go back and watch some. There was a middle period when my oldest son and I were a bit meh on the show but I kept watching and I really liked the last couple of seasons. Feels like it’s been a while and I feel like I have no clue what happened last.

What? I thought it was all done. I may have to go back and watch some. There was a middle period when my oldest son and I were a bit meh on the show but I kept watching and I really liked the last couple of seasons. Feels like it’s been a while and I feel like I have no clue what happened last.
Season 6 & 7 were greenlighted at the same time after 5 when they decided to make it a summer show with a shortened number of episodes.

Looking forward to this final season and will be sad to see this little red-headed stepchild Marvel show go. Will be interesting to see what the ratings are considering COVID and nothing else new on tv right now except bad reality. Would be ironic if they can put up a strong ratings rebound in their final season. Also ironic they have outlived every other Marvel tv show pre-Disney+ after so many wrote it off in the first half of the first season.

I always like this show when I watch it (although I'm guilty of letting 4 or 5 eps pile up on the DVR) but it just never generated any buzz or momentum. Good production value, good characters, pretty interesting writing but the long hiatuses just always seemed to kill off any potential interest.

edit: Also pretty surprising that Chloe Bennett gets literally no other work other than some voice stuff. I mean, her only on-screen credit in the past 5 years is some move called "Valley Girl". She's the 5th person listed on IMDB (and I haven't heard of the 4 in front of her) and the one directly below her is youtuber Logan Paul.

Someone clearly has a TERRIBLE agent.

Really liked the first 2 episodes.  Also glad to see them tie back into the larger movie universe that they got away from the last couple seasons.  Although they seem to be following the rules of Back to the Future and not the Time Heist?

Really liked the first 2 episodes.  Also glad to see them tie back into the larger movie universe that they got away from the last couple seasons.  Although they seem to be following the rules of Back to the Future and not the Time Heist?
It's an interesting point.

They are trying to not change things, on the surface, even when they do change reality. Even saving Sousa was done in such a way to mitigate the impact. Although with no body left, did shield just ignore that and proceed with a funeral? I don't remember if he had any family although he wasn't married. The lost body would have an impact, I'd think. Maybe not? 

Leaving Enoch in the past and Patton seeing the ship would likely have some impact. 

I try not to think too much of the rules in time travel movies or shows.

It's an interesting point.

They are trying to not change things, on the surface, even when they do change reality. Even saving Sousa was done in such a way to mitigate the impact. Although with no body left, did shield just ignore that and proceed with a funeral? I don't remember if he had any family although he wasn't married. The lost body would have an impact, I'd think. Maybe not? 

Leaving Enoch in the past and Patton seeing the ship would likely have some impact. 

I try not to think too much of the rules in time travel movies or shows.
The 2 eps with Sousa were great episodes, especially the tie ins to Agent Carter.  Loving this season so far more then the last few. 

But there has to be some impact/payoff as we get through the series, depending on which rules you want to follow.

IIRC, in the 1st episode they had Deek give his speech about causing ripples vs waves and that time tends to "self-correct" if you keep the interference down to ripples.

Can't wait for a not dead Sousa to go and find Peggy Carter in whatever time they are in, only to discover a certain Captain has her attention......

🤯

I have been enjoying this season tremendously.   Coulson poking fun at Daisy each time loop was fun as was the aftermath of each fight.  
Me too and I liked that as well. Reminded me of Groundhog Day where at times Murray was enjoying himself and some loops were dark. I like how they sort of implied that the time lady had gotten to Coulson before he went to sleep in the prior episode. I thought that was foreshadowing him being the bad guy in this one before Enoch, who wasn’t truly bad.

One thing - why do some characters (Daisy’s sister) go from basically good people to evil people after a single conversation? She doesn’t want to lose control and hurt people and Nathaniel says “yes you do” and suddenly she’s all in.

Users who are viewing this thread