Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
AcerFC

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

On 5/3/2019 at 8:03 PM, MindCrime said:

Season 6 premieres on Friday 5/10. Potential spoilers and season trailer here S.H.I.E.L.D. Season preview

I am a time line geek and I really enjoy this show so I am saddened to hear that the creators are just totally ignoring Thanos and the snap.  It sounds like we are suppose to pretend this story happens pre snap, even though they clearly set up Thanos in last season's finale.

Edited by NewlyRetired

####

Did I miss the first episode?

Hopefully it will be on demand

I know I'm way behind and haven't seen Captain Marvel nor Endgame yet so please try avoid any of those spoilers in here if possible, please? Gimme a week or two I have those planned. Based on a few previous posts it doesn't look like the show will do that so TIA.

At any rate, introducing the new characters was kinda forced but for a Friday ABC show I'm not gonna complain too much. I enjoyed the episode for what it was.

Whoa, I didn't see "Coulson" being the bad guy for the season. That could be fun. Also digging Skye's hair/highlights so far. I would murder all of you just to sniff her farts

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

Reveal hidden contents

Whoa, I didn't see "Coulson" being the bad guy for the season. That could be fun. Also digging Skye's hair/highlights so far. I would murder all of you just to sniff her farts

This is probably worth a repost: https://youtu.be/S96Yqzg6JHU

I enjoyed the return. AoS has been so disconnected from the MCU for so long that I dont mind them ignoring timelines, etc. i really enjoy the characters on the show, and it stands up well on its own imo.

Oh, and Skye. (Although I cannot complain about Jemma or May either. This show has something for everyone)

On 5/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, MindCrime said:

I enjoyed the return. AoS has been so disconnected from the MCU for so long that I dont mind them ignoring timelines, etc. i really enjoy the characters on the show, and it stands up well on its own imo.

Oh, and Skye. (Although I cannot complain about Jemma or May either. This show has something for everyone)

Yeah once they got into their own time jumps and space travel they seemed to be similar to most of the other tv shows, in the universe but not really syncing.  Good opening episode, got you caught up.  Looks like they are using the GotG jump points to get through space.  

what ever happened to Damage Control?   I thought they were making it into a series?   

:lmao:at Daisy's crazy 9 months in deep space tan.

I'm also annoyed they're ignoring the MCU. But oh well I'm glad the show is back. 

8 hours ago, Sebowski said:

I'm also annoyed they're ignoring the MCU. But oh well I'm glad the show is back. 

You didn't see the tanning beds they had installed on the ship?

2 hours ago, B Maverick said:

You didn't see the tanning beds they had installed on the ship?

:goodposting:

Fitz was in one before the start of the episode, then Simmons got in one to get her tan on.  Sometimes I wonder if some of you are even watching the same show.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Psychopav said:

:goodposting:

Fitz was in one before the start of the episode, then Simmons got in one to get her tan on.  Sometimes I wonder if some of you are even watching the same show.

You mean my Thule cargo box?

13 hours ago, Sebowski said:

You know she's a woman of color, right? 

The color is tan. 

• Laughing 1

I enjoyed it and glad its back. Curious to see what the explanation is behind the big reveal on the new "big bad." Maybe alternate dimensions or timelines? That was heaviliy mentioned last year and it's possible that's the route that Phase 4 in the movies might be going.

Love that they are finally getting around to focusing on rebuilding Shield in the show. They were kind of giving lip service to that in Season 3 and part of Season 4 but then it always took a backburner to the larger story arcs of Inhumans/LMDs/space, etc. Already renewed for Season 7 for those that weren't following the news. Also it's likely Season 7 is the last although anything is possible at this point.

22 hours ago, Buckna said:

I enjoyed it and glad its back. Curious to see what the explanation is behind the big reveal on the new "big bad." Maybe alternate dimensions or timelines? That was heaviliy mentioned last year and it's possible that's the route that Phase 4 in the movies might be going.

Love that they are finally getting around to focusing on rebuilding Shield in the show. They were kind of giving lip service to that in Season 3 and part of Season 4 but then it always took a backburner to the larger story arcs of Inhumans/LMDs/space, etc. Already renewed for Season 7 for those that weren't following the news. Also it's likely Season 7 is the last although anything is possible at this point.

I had no idea that they had already been renewed for Season 7, and that's awesome news.  Go AOS!

I have watched every episode since the very beginning and will be watching until cancelled.  I very much like this show.

But I am having such a difficult time with the decision to ignore Thanos entirely.

In the very last episode last season they had a major character screaming "Thanos is almost here!!"

Maybe the story in this season will explain why we are suppose to pretend that this is happening PreSnap but I don't see it.

Even if they wanted to completely ignore Thanos and not have the characters mention it, why not just one simple text line at the beginning  of the first episode to set the time frame as happening months after Endgame ended and go from there?

• Like 2

Maybe all the characters in the show weren't affected by the snap in the same way it seems all of Spidey's characters were?

8 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Maybe all the characters in the show weren't affected by the snap in the same way it seems all of Spidey's characters were?

I would be fine with that except that the producer said we are suppose to think what we are watching happened "pre snap" as if it had not yet happened.

• Thanks 1

They painted themselves into a corner with the Fitz in space storyline and then the time lapse it would have taken t o get everyone back together post snap. Though I'd have been fine if we lost Mac. He's gotten awfully preachy.