Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
AcerFC

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Another good start to a new show. Liking it. As to the spoiler stuff above

Yes, I think the text implies she is still (so far) working with Rising Tide and has now confirmed that she has successfully infiltrated Shield.

I asked my daughter and her friend this question (both are Marvel geeks).

My daughter agreed with Acer, but her friend thought like you and I did.

Safe to say this was pretty ambiguous I guess. Perhaps that was on purpose and not just poor writing.

You really thought that was "poor writing"? :lol: Do you need everything spelled out for your on tv shows? Let the thing grow and get revealed later on.

You misunderstood me. If they wanted it to be ambiguous it was good writing, if they were trying to make a specific point, they did not do a good job.

I love arc based stories so I am more than happy to let it be revealed later but that was not my point.

Time to dub this "the new Breaking Bad." Who's with me?

Another good start to a new show. Liking it. As to the spoiler stuff above

Yes, I think the text implies she is still (so far) working with Rising Tide and has now confirmed that she has successfully infiltrated Shield.

I asked my daughter and her friend this question (both are Marvel geeks).

My daughter agreed with Acer, but her friend thought like you and I did.

Safe to say this was pretty ambiguous I guess. Perhaps that was on purpose and not just poor writing.

You really thought that was "poor writing"? :lol: Do you need everything spelled out for your on tv shows? Let the thing grow and get revealed later on.

Agreed. I can see both sides to this. She definitely seemed pained, so I am sure she will be pulled by her previous affiliation and by the fact that she will care for her new team. Definitely going to drag that out a bit.

ETA: Dragging it out is fine with me, she is smoking.

I could see her being the season ending cliff hanger with having to decide to who she is really with.

Edited by NCCommish

Meh thought episode 2 was boring. Fell asleep half way thru and had to rewatch. Maybe this show isnt for me.

Episode 3 was decent, though I question whether this show will appeal to the masses. I don't see it lasting more than a few seasons.

So looks like we have our first super villain. Graviton. I think a super villain is needed, but I wish they didn't go so fast into the comic science. I think that's will ultimately end up losing viewers. Even I was left a bit confused when they were trying to explain the gravity science.

So looks like we have our first super villain. Graviton. I think a super villain is needed, but I wish they didn't go so fast into the comic science. I think that's will ultimately end up losing viewers. Even I was left a bit confused when they were trying to explain the gravity science.

Well, that's what the Eye candy is for.. to dumb it down for the rest of us..... LOVED having her say .... "Umm, high school dropout here" and the brains give us the "easy" speech. :lol::hifive:

Edited by snogger

So another clue that Colson is a possible clone.

He appears to have lost his "muscle memory."

Yep, noted that.

Why would he lose his muscle memory but keep his actual memory?

Who knows. It's sci fi so they are going to make it up to "make sense" but that was clearly a clue to something imo.

FWIW, over decades the "transferring" of ones consciousness to another body has been done time and again in books, tv and movies in sci fi genre so that is probably why I think this is what is going on.

Obviously I have no real idea, just guessing.

As expected the Shield ratings dropped this week from the premier episode but it still pulled in a healthy 8.6 million viewers.

Hopefully it can hold this level in the coming weeks.

Dropped slightly down to 7.79 million for episode 3.

Episode 3 was decent, though I question whether this show will appeal to the masses. I don't see it lasting more than a few seasons.

Wow, are you optimistic.

In this day and age of shows failing non stop(and by failing I mean the broadcast networks giving almost no run ways to new dramas) , I would be happy if they simply extend season 1 to the full 22 episode length.

Wow, are you optimistic.

In this day and age of shows failing non stop(and by failing I mean the broadcast networks giving almost no run ways to new dramas) , I would be happy if they simply extend season 1 to the full 22 episode length.

True, but with the hype here i think it will go more than one season. Probably lose more viewers in season 2.

Wow, are you optimistic.

True, but with the hype here i think it will go more than one season. Probably lose more viewers in season 2.

They need to plug the viewer leak soon(the leak slowed from ep 2 to ep 3). If the show can level soon we should see an extended season 1 order at the very least.

Wow, are you optimistic.

They need to plug the viewer leak soon(the leak slowed from ep 2 to ep 3). If the show can level soon we should see an extended season 1 order at the very least.

They are competing against the Voice. They aren't likely to win that hour. But they were back in second place in their time slot this week like they were week 1. I think ABC will be happy with that.

It was a little weird for me making the transition from seeing Coulson/Hill/SHIELD on the big screen to this episodic format with limited effects. None of the new characters really jumped out to me, aside from Skye being easy to look at. I'll definitely give the show and characters a chance to grow on me.

I'm curious to see where they go with the Coulson storyline. There would only seem to be a couple of viable options:

1. Coulson is really dead and this is either an android (Vision) or clone replacement with his memories

2. He died and was brought back through some sort magical means - like Thor going to the underworld and retrieving his spirit from Death

3. He was revived through some means, either technological or magical but after a much longer timeframe than he knows about. Perhaps frozen and brought back with some version of the Super Soldier serum. But then why could he never know about that?

What else?

Tahiti, it's a magical place.

The little flying sensor planes are going to get old fast, but still worth watching.

They remind me of the flying orbs used in Stargate Universe.

Picked up for the full season...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/marvels-agents-of-shield-full-season-pickup-abc/

The drama domination this fall continues with another pickup for a freshman hourlong series. ABC has given a back 9 order to Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., bringing its first season to 22 episodes. The series premiered as TV’s highest-rated drama debut in nearly four years and, while it has slipped in Week 2 and Week 3, still ranks as the No. 1 new show of the 2013-14 season among adults 18-49 with solid DVR gains (4.0 Live+Same Day rating/5.7 Live+3 rating). Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. joins Fox’s Sleepy Hollow and NBC’s The Blacklist as the third new series this fall to get a pickup (second season and full-season for the other two dramas, respectively). Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which marks Marvel’s first television series, was co-created by The Avengers’ Joss Whedon, along with Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell. ABC Studios is co-producing with Marvel.

• Like 2

sky is so hot. that shot of her running after getting out of the pool was why wet dresses were invented.

I think the show is very gradually improving. I don't think they've done a genuinely good episode yet, but as the clunky team building exposition falls by the wayside, the show is able to develop some actual continuing storylines. Still think the guy playing Grant is a giant charisma sinkhole, and a lot of the writing is terribly anvil-licious, but maybe it will grow into something.

sky is so hot. that shot of her running after getting out of the pool was why wet dresses were invented.

Pretty sure the whole episode was a lead-in to that.

• Like 1

Still think the guy playing Grant is a giant charisma sinkhole

my daughter and I were talking about this. He is so different in charisma from the typical Whedon male characters (not sure if it is the actor or the material but it appears more to be the actor).

The actors/material for Spike, Angel, Xander, Jayne, Malcom, Gunn, and Wash seem so much better than the "Grant" character. He just seems kind of wooden right now. Hopefully he go grow into the role seeing as they now have a solid 22 episodes to build on.

Edited by NewlyRetired

Still think the guy playing Grant is a giant charisma sinkhole

my daughter and I were talking about this. He is so different in charisma from the typical Whedon male characters (not sure if it is the actor or the material but it appears more to be the actor).

The actors/material for Spike, Angel, Xander, Jayne, Malcom, Gunn, and Wash seem so much better than the "Grant" character. He just seems kind of wooden right now. Hopefully he go grow into the role seeing as they now have a solid 22 episodes to build on.

I doubt they are going this way with him, but he would be good as Constrictor (A SHIELD agent who assumes a supervillain persona to infiltrate a crime organization only to go native.)

I did not realize that Graviton was a character from the Marvel comics until my daughter told me tonight. He first appeared back in 1977.

I thought the thread would appreciate this. I ordered this last year, finally had an 0-8-4 show up at my house yesterday. Warning, pics of Arsenal of Doom in the links below

• Like 2

I thought the thread would appreciate this. I ordered this last year, finally had an 0-8-4 show up at my house yesterday. Warning, pics of Arsenal of Doom in the links below

Have you tried using on your wife? (be honest)

No, but we've only had it for a little over 24 hours. No need to rush things.

You are stronger than The Hulk :)

I've tried to convince my 7 yo son of this. He's not buying it.

• Like 1

I've tried to convince my 7 yo son of this. He's not buying it.

Glue it to the floor tonight and let him try in morning :)

:hey:

I have the Nerf version. As commish I use it as a gavel on draft day.

I finally caught up with this.

Meh. The comic book geek inside me wants to like it but it's pretty mediocre so far, and real underwhelming for a Joss Whedon project. A lot of the dramatic moments are really forced (I groaned when the commando guy told Sky about fighting his bully brother), and both Sky and commando guy are atrocious actors. It helps that Sky has a fantastic everything, but not much.

Still, it's worth giving it at least half a season's chance. I'm not seeing much hope though.

Where did you get that?

Where did you get that?

It's a prop replica from efxcollectibles

Where did you get that?

It's a prop replica from efxcollectibles

:thumbup:

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/

Looks like they have a replica Storm Trooper helmet for $179. God that would so rule...

HOLY CRAP, AOD, you paid $579 for that hammer? :o

Yeah, well, someone has to keep the economy going right?

Also, totally worth it. :)

• Like 1

Dang, I so might get that helmet. :nerd:

I finally caught up with this.

Meh. The comic book geek inside me wants to like it but it's pretty mediocre so far, and real underwhelming for a Joss Whedon project.

Whedon was involved quite a bit with the pilot but he is not really the showrunner like he was for his other projects. This is not an every day hands on thing for him unfortunately (he has too many irons in the fire).

http://imgur.com/r/gifs/w2n9l5s

Lol...with DVR I watched this sequence about 10 times. Stunning she is!

Love this show.

Thanks for sharing these wonderfully nerdy pics. :thumbup:

"At thee, villain!" :nerd:

Nice hammer! And AOD's not a fatass.