What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (1 Viewer)

It gives me a 4400/Fringe kind of feel where each episode is devoted to someone new that they are trying to help/find/capture while working towards a bigger picture

So Amador, with her super vision, saw something about Coulson. She asked what had been done to him. This leads me to think, rather than him being a robot or something, that he's been mechanically enhanced. Think Bionic Man or maybe some type of implants too keep him alive.

Was Joss more involved in the first couple episodes than the others? I haven't noticed nearly as much of that patented Joss Whedon dialogue in the last few episodes. For me that really overcomes a lot of the shows shortcomings so I've been much more bored with the last few episodes.

I'm still in for the show. It's enjoyable overall and I think once the main arc starts to appear more and more it will get better. I don't like the Ward character, just seems plain and boring. Not rooting for him to get the girl (which I'm sure will eventually be a plotline) like I was with Mal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are fans really entertained by this? I've found it extremely boring so far.
I like it. I am not fooling myself that it is anything great but it is more than decent enough to give it time to allow the arc to appear.

Should they make the choice to stay entirely episodic, I think that would be a mistake but I am hopeful the arc story will start to appear more clearly than the 5-10 seconds we get each episode. Hopefully by episode 10 things will start clicking.

As expected the Shield ratings dropped this week from the premier episode but it still pulled in a healthy 8.6 million viewers.

Hopefully it can hold this level in the coming weeks.
Dropped slightly down to 7.79 million for episode 3.
Dropped slightly again this week but appears to have found its level. Drew 7.68 million for episode 4. Still good for second place in time slot, just beating out The Biggest Loser season premiere. Both were crushed by NCIS obviously.

I like it. I am not fooling myself that it is anything great but it is more than decent enough to give it time to allow the arc to appear.

Should they make the choice to stay entirely episodic, I think that would be a mistake but I am hopeful the arc story will start to appear more clearly than the 5-10 seconds we get each episode. Hopefully by episode 10 things will start clicking.
Exactly. Definitely better than another dieting, dancing, singing, single, married, reality show.

So Amador, with her super vision, saw something about Coulson. She asked what had been done to him. This leads me to think, rather than him being a robot or something, that he's been mechanically enhanced. Think Bionic Man or maybe some type of implants too keep him alive.
Yep. I think it is a robotic shell of some sort that his "essence" has been poured into.

Spot on.

Also waiting for the 'Marvel' part of the show to actually get some play. I understand they don't want to use any of their heavy hitters and take away from the movies or worry about rights/licensing or whatever, but it's really time to start expanding the Marvel universe a bit. There's tons of lesser characters they can start weaving into stories. Maybe mention some super villians off hand or something. Throw down a newspaper with the headline 'Hulk Smash NY' or something. So far it seems more like 'X-Files Jr' than anything Marvel-related.

Spot on.

Also waiting for the 'Marvel' part of the show to actually get some play. I understand they don't want to use any of their heavy hitters and take away from the movies or worry about rights/licensing or whatever, but it's really time to start expanding the Marvel universe a bit. There's tons of lesser characters they can start weaving into stories. Maybe mention some super villians off hand or something. Throw down a newspaper with the headline 'Hulk Smash NY' or something. So far it seems more like 'X-Files Jr' than anything Marvel-related.
so far the only Marvel villain was the Graviton origin story I think.

I keep thinking that maybe for sweeps period they might get an expanded cameo from one of the heavy hitters (they may have even written it into the Avengers 2 contracts).

Spot on.

Well they made it pretty clear they weren't going to play "Iron Man was just here" with the audience from the beginning. But I agree that there are lesser characters they could introduce and they have already set us up a super villain.

Yep. I think it is a robotic shell of some sort that his "essence" has been poured into.
yeah, i agree too. This clue appears to slightly move away from clone and closer to andriodish.

yeah, i agree too. This clue appears to slightly move away from clone and closer to andriodish.
I'm leaning more towards his body being resurrected and kept alive through alien means (think the glove in Torchwood.)

Spot on.

Well they made it pretty clear they weren't going to play "Iron Man was just here" with the audience from the beginning. But I agree that there are lesser characters they could introduce and they have already set us up a super villain.
they've made plenty of references to "After New York" from Avengers. Plus, Nick Fury has already been on.

I'm glad they haven't gone that route much. Let this show stand on it's own with an occasional throw-in like Fury's appearance.

thinking more like cyborg / robocop than the main body being robot and Coulson added to it.

Spot on.

they've made plenty of references to "After New York" from Avengers. Plus, Nick Fury has already been on.

I'm glad they haven't gone that route much. Let this show stand on it's own with an occasional throw-in like Fury's appearance.
Well they have to recognize the new canon given when the show is set.

I am enjoying this show. It is fun watching it with my 8 year old son. I do not recall ever hearing about Graviton but my kid was all over that ####. I got the whole bio from him :grad:

Where was the Fury cameo? Was in SLJ?
I don't know what SLJ is.

Nick Fury appeared at the end of the second episode, titled 0-8-4.
Was supposed to say was it SLJ? Sam L Jackson.
Yes it was Samuel L Jackson. He gave Coulson a hard time about the plane getting trashed.
Wow. Don't even remember that.
"We're going to have to kill the fish tank."

Yes it was Samuel L Jackson. He gave Coulson a hard time about the plane getting trashed.
It was the last little bit they do between commercial break and the next show.

It's getting better. I was real skeptical for the first three episodes, but the fourth was a decent show. Sometimes it takes TV shows six or so episodes to establish themselves, for actors to sift into their characters, plots to take shape, etc. I see progress here and it's enough for me to keep watching.

ETA: I remember thinking Firefly was lame until episode 5 or so. But by the end I was one of the outraged fans screaming for season 2.

Rayderr said:
GTBilly said:

Yep. SHIELD's version of the bonus scene at the end of the Marvel movie credits.

Rayderr said:
GTBilly said:

Yep. SHIELD's version of the bonus scene at the end of the Marvel movie credits.
My DVR cut it off mid-scene. :angry:

I have since reset the timer to record an additional 5 minutes. I'm such a shark. :cool:

My DVR cut it off mid-scene. :angry: I have since reset the timer to record an additional 5 minutes. I'm such a shark. :cool:
Until we recently switched from Comcast, our DVR would always cut every show off about 30-60 seconds before it ended. Worse, there was no option to record an additional few minutes.

Now that we switched to AT&T, it generally starts recording two minutes before every show starts and stops recording two minutes after. Much better!

My DVR cut it off mid-scene. :angry: I have since reset the timer to record an additional 5 minutes. I'm such a shark. :cool:
Until we recently switched from Comcast, our DVR would always cut every show off about 30-60 seconds before it ended. Worse, there was no option to record an additional few minutes.

Now that we switched to AT&T, it generally starts recording two minutes before every show starts and stops recording two minutes after. Much better!
With Comcast DVR, you have to go into the extra settings for recording, and there are options to extend the recording there. I do find it bad that it will report a conflict if you set something to end and start on the exact same minute, and sometimes will "threaten" to not record something when there is an overlap rather than just miss a minute of the overlapping program.

Liked tonight and how Skye realized that her former group and people of that ilk are not the idealistic people that she thought answer that she was very naive about the world before joining. Was a great way to show her evolution into a proper member and how she is learning that shield really does try and protect people and the world.

I love that they didn't drag out the whole "is Skye really a mole?!" angle. I was worried that would be a season-long subplot and it just wouldn't work. Glad they shut that down last night... but I'm not sure I'm down the overused "I'm looking for my parents" direction.

The looking for my parents angle will become more compelling when we learn her parents are Coleson and that Dominican slut from a couple weeks ago...

Enjoying it so far.

It's not "naked-girl-in-a-box-huh" good. But it's worth watching to see where it goes.

As expected the Shield ratings dropped this week from the premier episode but it still pulled in a healthy 8.6 million viewers.

Dropped slightly again this week but appears to have found its level. Drew 7.68 million for episode 4. Still good for second place in time slot, just beating out The Biggest Loser season premiere. Both were crushed by NCIS obviously.
Ratings slipped again this week down to 7.1 million. This better level off soon or we might not see a season 2.

Ratings slipped again this week down to 7.1 million. This better level off soon or we might not see a season 2.
2.7 rating which puts it solidly in second place for that time slot. Tv experts have it as a lock to be renewed.

Users who are viewing this thread