What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Very happy to have won my 3rd title in 8 years in my favorite league. Won plenty of $$. Set numerous league records throughout the season. Very satisfying indeed.

Thanks FBG, various content helped me out.
Any openings?
Yes, as a matter of fact, there is an opening this season. A founding member has reluctantly chosen to leave the league after 12 years due to personal health reasons. We are all sad to see him go and wish him the best during his ongoing health crisis.

Unfortunately Norris, there are a number of qualifications for admittance into the league in which you do not make the grade. Namely, and most importantly, this is a local league and I am pretty sure you don't live anywhere near us. We have a live draft and live awards meeting in which bodily presence (attendance in person) is required by league rules. So there's that. In addition, we have other criteria that must be met in which you likely do not qualify as well, ie: must be a seasoned fantasy football veteran, must not be a total s**t, etc.

Thanks for inquiring though! Good luck to you in all of your leagues for the upcoming 2014 season!!! Hope all is well!!!

Rody

Now here's a draft.

1.03 Darren Sproles

2.10 Tom Brady

3.3 Larry Fitzgerald

4.10 Shane Vereen

5.3 Michael Crabtree

6.10 Cardinals DST

7.3 Jay Cutler

8.10 Rams DST

9.3 Pierre Thomas

10.10 Kendall Wright

11.3 Carson Palmer

12.10 Matt Prater

13.3 Bernard Pierce

McGarnicle said:
Now here's a draft.

1.03 Darren Sproles

2.10 Tom Brady

3.3 Larry Fitzgerald

4.10 Shane Vereen

5.3 Michael Crabtree

6.10 Cardinals DST

7.3 Jay Cutler

8.10 Rams DST

9.3 Pierre Thomas

10.10 Kendall Wright

11.3 Carson Palmer

12.10 Matt Prater

13.3 Bernard Pierce
I'll take names picked from a hat for $200 Alex.

I was going to post a 'how I did topic' but I think it's more worth bragging about:

QB- Foles, Cutler

RB- Charles, Stacy, Ball, Jennings, J.Bell

WR- Julio, Cobb, Cruz, Torrey Smith, E.Sanders, Cooper, Wallace, Gordon

TE- Graham

D/ST- Saints

K- Folk

8-Team Standard Scoring

Wanted Lacy with my first pick but Charles just fell in to my lap. Not high on charles as the #3 pick but having the #6 pick figured I had to.

I was going to post a 'how I did topic' but I think it's more worth bragging about:

QB- Foles, Cutler

TE- Graham

D/ST- Saints

K- Folk

8-Team Standard Scoring

Wanted Lacy with my first pick but Charles just fell in to my lap. Not high on charles as the #3 pick but having the #6 pick figured I had to.
I don't think I would be bragging about an 8 team league. Every team is going to be loaded.

I just realized that every one of my dynasty starters and all but 5 of my backups are on a bye in weeks 4, 9, or 10. 11 players in week 4.

QB- Foles, Cutler

TE- Graham

D/ST- Saints

K- Folk

8-Team Standard Scoring

I don't think I would be bragging about an 8 team league. Every team is going to be loaded.
You'd think so that's not quite true.

Crushed it

Foles, RG3

Charles, Gerhart, Miller, Sankey, Davis

AJ, Jeffery, V Jax, Decker, Benjamin

Reed, Green

Ks and Ds

12 teams from #2

I did our office league this afternoon. It's a 10 team PPR and believe it or not there are actually people who have been playing FF for years.

I picked 9th and Adrian ####### Peterson fell to me. :lmao:

QB: Romo

RB: Peterson, Martin, C Johnson, F Jackson, D Freeman

WR: Marshall, VJax, Cordarrelle, Michael Floyd, Sanders

TE: Gronk, Heath Miller

PK: Novak

DST: Rams

I'm glad Romo has a late bye week because right now I don't know who the hell I would drop to fill in. It has to be Johnson or Jackson I guess. I fully expect Miller and those bench WRs to be pushing top 10.

It feels like golf on TV when they say "he couldn't have placed that drive in a better spot"

Last edited by a moderator:
Local draft today, 12 team PPR QB flex. Went a little nuts with rookies and upside picks but it's a competitive league and I decided to swing for the fences. The top teams always start 2 QBs so I'm pretty happy with Brees and Kaepernick. Ditto Gio and Bell as my starting backfield since it's PPR, and Gronk if he can stay on the field. WR is where I'm either really good or really bad IMO. Roddy, 4 rookies and Amendola. There's a lot of buzz around Latimer though...

9 Drew Brees, NO QB

16 Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

33 Rob Gronkowski, NE TE

40 Roddy White, Atl WR

57 Joique Bell, Det RB

64 Colin Kaepernick, SF QB

81 Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR

88 Bishop Sankey, Ten RB

105 Brandin Cooks, NO WR

112 Danny Amendola, NE WR

129 Cody Latimer, Den WR

136 Carlos Hyde, SF RB

153 Andre Williams, NYG RB

160 Charles Clay, Mia TE

177 Jordan Matthews, Phi WR

184 Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB

201 Browns D/ST D/ST

208 Graham Gano, Car K

Well, not bragging at all, just hoping for some good luck. I have been in 3 leagues now for a few years and this is by far and away the year I have had the most players in common.

Calvin - 2 of 3

Mike Evans - 3 of 3

Dalton - 2 of 3

Bush - 3 of 3

Harvin - 2 of 3

Decker - 2 of 3

Wallace - 2 of 3

Gerhart - 2 of 3

Rudolph - 2 of 3

Witten - 2 of 3

Even strategies I kind of stuck with, i.e. QBBC (Cutler/Dalton, Dalton/Kaep and Newton/Rivers) and WR/TE early if no good RBs available (Calvin x 2, Julio, Brown, Gronk). *ETA: Not that you guys care, but Lacy at 1.07 in a 1 keeper (Charles/McCoy kept) was my only RB in the 1st two rounds in all 3 PPR drafts.

It was also the first time I can recall having two top 4 picks (3-keeper and 4) as I usually draft way late. Oh well, wish me luck. I have had pretty decent luck in terms of winning 1 of the 3 leagues or occasionally finishing 2nd every year, but this is either the year I break through and win a couple or die a slow and horrible death and decide not to play FF next year. Good luck to all except the FBGs in my leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 team work league...

QB: Cutler

RB: Ellington, C. Johnson, Sankey, L. Miller, Ingram, Stewart

WR: Calvin, Julio, A. Brown, C. Patterson, S. Watkins, J. Hunter

TE: Graham

D/ST: Rams

K: Hauscka

I thought it was good enough to post in here

Oh ####, someone in my league dropped chris johnson, do I burn my waiver spot or wait it out and hope no one notices........

Users who are viewing this thread