What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I'll probably be going into the Sunday Night Game down by 60. I got Forte and Demaryius left. Anyone like their chances of each having a record setting day?

No?

Alright. Beer time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll lose my game I'm sure, but at least I called Bell over Spiller. :pickle: The Legend of Joique Bell continues.

Gotta take whatever positives I can out of today.

Waiting to take a QB I thought I was loading up on talent get a load of this talent folks

Spiller-50/50 split and now hurt

Chris Johnson Underperforming

Reggie Bush Hurt

Ryan Mathews Way underperforming

Dewayne Bowe Invisable

Mike Wallace Invisable

Cecil Shorts inconsistant

Miles Austin Inconsistant

Gronk hurt

Bradford was good until today

Rivers may be OK who knows

Bullock Sucks Sack

Ravens -Decent

My team sucks to Hell, To Hell I tell you!

With....

Jamal Charles

Trent Richardson

Marshawn Lynch

Reggie Bush

Vincent Jackson

Danny Amendola

Antonio Brown

I thought I would cruise to the championship against a league full of guppies. But here I sit, at 0-3, cruising to the toilet bowl game. Hopefully, the cream will rise to the top!!! But maybe I'm not the cream!?!?!?

Got cute and picked up Vikings defense to play instead of Bengals. May very well be the difference in my matchup, since I now need 90 yards and a TD from Forte to win. And thanks for the zeros in my lineup Spiller and Finley. Last week was a 26 point favorite only to lose by 18. This week a 21 point favorite that could very well lose again.

Did you ever have a team that just struggles to score points? Even if they score, it gets called back because of some stupid hold, ilegal formation etc. My WR/TE suck in the worst possible way. 0 pts from VJax, Nicks, Bowe, Finley. 0-3 here we come! On the bright side I still have Randy Bullock :mellow:

I am 3-0 in two leagues where I waited until the 4th round to draft a RB. I KNEW I was ahead of the curve!!! Here is a big middle finger to all of those "experts" out there who recommended drafting RBs in the first two rounds.

If you fell for that drafting strategy in today's NFL that emphasizes the pass and protects the health of QBs and receivers, I feel sorry for you! :P

This might be my lowest scoring week in any league I've ever played. Easily going to lose both my leagues but I might set the record for least points scored in a game in both of them. Coup de grace is starting Marlon Brown over Josh Gordon. Ouch.
As bad as this was, I probably still would have won if I started Gordon. Up 19 right now despite how bad my team played. He still has 4 guys left including Chi defense. So still going to lose.

I noticed my whole team doesn't score touchdowns. Thats my problem, well the Ravens did but they were on my bench because I picked up the Vikings defense.

Benched Ryan for Kaep and that will surely lose me the game

got 1.4 pts from a combo of Bowe / Nicks and surely lose by a handful of pts

another league my team was I loaded on WRs and its appears 3 (Bowe / Austin / AJohnson) are hurt or useless now

Went 2-0 in the leagues I care about. Got 66 points from Gordon and Graham in my PPR league, and if I didn't have guys injured, Gordon would have probably been on the bench. Just wish I would have taken McCoy over Spiller in the non-PPR league. :cry:

It seems like there are a lot more losing teams than winning teams in the Shark Pool. :lmao:

1-2 club member checking in. Spent a first round pick on Spiller and a fifth on Gronk. I'm essentially playing the first quarter of the season at a near two round handicap. Need Gronk back in the worst way because Cook and the Rams are complete frauds.

I always try to hold off on making any quick trigger trades in the first few weeks of the season.

This year I was looking to make a deal for a WR because I felt like I was very thin because I had to go RB heavy early in the draft because I had nobody worth keeping in my keeper league.

I'm glad I didn't make a move.

Danny Amendola - possibly back next week.

Josh Gordon - legitimate threat in his first game back

Antonio Brown - looked great in Week 3, hopefully Heath Miller and LeVeon Bell's return will continue to open things up for him.

T.Y. Hilton - sucked this week with the groin injury but lit it up in Week 2

I hated going RB/RB/RB early but ended up with Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, and Reggie Bush. Bush is hurt, but Forte and Murray have been two of the RBs that haven't been a part of The Great RB Bust-a-thon in 2013.

Also: Jordan Cameron in Rd. 10 of my draft. I think I already have 1 keeper for next season.

Ultimate brag here.

Had a guy interested in Eddie Royal, who was on my bench. He had been trying to find a hit at WR3 after striking out two straight weeks with Kembrell Thompkins. I wanted a TE - I had Gates, but took a shot at his Jordan Cameron. You see where this is all going. I trade him Deangelo Williams, Eddie Royal, and Darell Scott for Green-Ellis, Mark Ingram, and Jordan Cameron. He sends me an "LOL thanks for taking Cameron off my hands" message after the Richardson trade breaks and Hoyer is named starter.

I started Cameron. He started Royal at WR3. I whipped his ### 154 - 66.

Started Marlon Brown over Stephen Hill and Cecil Shorts.

On the plus side, I've already won with 105 points thanks to Jamaal Charles, Joique Bell and the Bears defense,and I still have Peyton Manning and Julius Thomas going tomorrow. Talk about piling on....

4 injured in one week...VJax, Finley, VDavis, MAustin...add that to my stellar stable of RBs (MJD, DWison, DWilliams, BPearce) and I'm looking at a season of pain.

Thought I was in great shape this year with Trent, Spiller, Vereen, Dwill at RB, Andre, Fitz, and VJax at WR, and Gronk & Cook at TE. Ugh.

I know that it is all speculation in the preseason, I know that things change, the best laid plans and all that... but man, this team is NOT performing the way it should be. And I'm not even in what you'd call a hard league. According to FBG, I had the best drafted team and I was a lock for the playoffs. And if McFadden puts up 15 points against me tonight, I'll be sitting at 1-2.

Romo is performing about what you'd expect. Spiller has been a massive disappointment. My receiver core, which is supposed to be on the high side of good (A. Johnson, V. Jackson, D. Jackson) couldn't put up 20 points (PPR) between them this week. Witten, who was supposedly the #2 TE behind Graham, has a combined total of 14 points in the past two weeks. I made a HUGE mistake putting Cook in the flex spot after his pathetic performance in week two. Burleson's getting that spot next week, but the way things are going for me, he'll probably have a minor injury on his second play of the game and get benched until week five. Vereen was looking like a fantastic pick for a few minutes there. Good thing the league has an IR slot.

The only bright spot on my roster is Jamaal Charles, but according to the preseason projections, I should be riding high. It's frustrating. And I feel like I should be trading all these guys, but I keep reading other people telling other people to hold on, hold on, don't overreact.

I know that it is all speculation in the preseason, I know that things change, the best laid plans and all that... but man, this team is NOT performing the way it should be. And I'm not even in what you'd call a hard league. According to FBG, I had the best drafted team and I was a lock for the playoffs. And if McFadden puts up 15 points against me tonight, I'll be sitting at 1-2.

Romo is performing about what you'd expect. Spiller has been a massive disappointment. My receiver core, which is supposed to be on the high side of good (A. Johnson, V. Jackson, D. Jackson) couldn't put up 20 points (PPR) between them this week. Witten, who was supposedly the #2 TE behind Graham, has a combined total of 14 points in the past two weeks. I made a HUGE mistake putting Cook in the flex spot after his pathetic performance in week two. Burleson's getting that spot next week, but the way things are going for me, he'll probably have a minor injury on his second play of the game and get benched until week five. Vereen was looking like a fantastic pick for a few minutes there. Good thing the league has an IR slot.

The only bright spot on my roster is Jamaal Charles, but according to the preseason projections, I should be riding high. It's frustrating. And I feel like I should be trading all these guys, but I keep reading other people telling other people to hold on, hold on, don't overreact.
So wait, you have Spiller, Charles and Mcfadden? I could see how it would be easy to lose in this league, the other 3 teams drafted better.

So wait, you have Spiller, Charles and Mcfadden? I could see how it would be easy to lose in this league, the other 3 teams drafted better.
No, sorry, I could have explained better. I have Spiller and Charles. My opponent this week has McFadden, and he's playing tonight. If he puts up 15 points or so against me, I'll lose the week.

I was ahead by 40+ points going into last night. Other team had the kicker and D left. Just so happens it's Chicago, who goes off for 25 points, and then Prater now eclipses 16 points. :wall:

Overturned play and I wind up losing 95-94 with that Cutler td. 1-2 not a good way to start the season.
...and just realized was the 2nd highest score this week, losing 95-94 to the highest. And am 1-2 with the second highest scoring team (trailing by 8.5 points from being the highest...yet only 1-2. I am a good person, why am I so freaking cursed in FFL?

Brag: managed to win this week thanks to Russell Wilson, Forte, Bengals D, and in spite of:

Started: Cobb (5), VJax (3), JThomas (10)

Bench: Gordon (23), ABrown (32), Cameron (25)

My optimal lineup (not that I'd have ever started them all) would have put up 186 points, most ever in our 5 yr league.

Users who are viewing this thread