What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Peyton Break the TD record? (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
Was he pissed about the way he went out of the playoffs last year? Or does he realize that he only has a few more years in the league and wants to set the TD record so high it will never be broken? I think it might be both.

Candy ### schedule + stat whore QB = new singel season TD record. Factor in the fact that Brady took it from Manning. 100% guarantee. Not even John Fox can stop the Stat Whore.

Yes, Peyton will break Brady's single season TD record; and, yes, Peyton will break Favre's career TD record.

With the limits on how receivers can be defended in today's NFL coupled with the receiving crew that Denver has, Peyton should put up video game numbers this year and into the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted, the Bronco O looked great, but the overreaction after one game is amazing.
Some guys don't throw for 7 TD's in three or four games. Some TEAMS barely surpass 7 TD's in a season (see KC last year).

It's a fair question to ask, even after only one week. Baltimore's defense might not be as mighty as in years past, but they aren't schlubs, and most of this quarterbacking magic came in three quarters.

Granted, the Bronco O looked great, but the overreaction after one game is amazing.
Some guys don't throw for 7 TD's in three or four games. Some TEAMS barely surpass 7 TD's in a season (see KC last year).

It's a fair question to ask, even after only one week. Baltimore's defense might not be as mighty as in years past, but they aren't schlubs, and most of this quarterbacking magic came in three quarters.
And it's not as if we are talking about some overnight sensation here. We are talking about a guy who is already one of the greatest statistical QBs in the history of the game and will likely retire as THE greatest statistical QB in the history of the game, is a previous owner of the single season TD record, has arguably the best WR corps in the league, and a running game that leaves much to be desired.

This is a legitimate question.

He only needs to average 2.9 tds per game to beat it

I don't think so, though this certainly gives him a leg up on at least breaking 40. Julius Thomas would probably throw for 55 if you put him back there, though.

He might, I'm just concerned that he has achieved it before week 16 against the Texans. That's probably his hardest game and its the one for all the (FF) marbles.

Only his own defense can stop him. If other teams consistently keep the score semi close he may shatter it.

Candy ### schedule + stat whore QB = new singel season TD record. Factor in the fact that Brady took it from Manning. 100% guarantee. Not even John Fox can stop the Stat Whore.
If he was a stat whore, what's up with his 49 TD season? Week 17: 2 pass attempts, 0 TD.

Brady's 50 TD season: Week 17: 42 pass attempts, 2 TD.

The record could be his to re-break if he was a stat whore.

posted this in another thread

is it really that crazy to think a qb throws for 60 touchdown passes this season or in a season in the near future? 4 tds a game puts ya at 64... If Peyton even throws 2 or 3 the next few games. he will still be on target for that

with all the rule changes and making offenses more pass happy, and defense not being able to touch the offensive. I wont be surprised if it happens this year or next. It sure helps Peyton that he has no running game and 2 great pass catchers, and 2 good pass catchers.

60 sounds crazy but its not completely insane

If he was a stat whore, what's up with his 49 TD season? Week 17: 2 pass attempts, 0 TD.

Manning had broke the record the week before though. and Brady was still going after it in Week 17 plus Pats were still playing for a perfect season.

posted this in another thread

is it really that crazy to think a qb throws for 60 touchdown passes this season or in a season in the near future? 4 tds a game puts ya at 64... If Peyton even throws 2 or 3 the next few games. he will still be on target for that

with all the rule changes and making offenses more pass happy, and defense not being able to touch the offensive. I wont be surprised if it happens this year or next. It sure helps Peyton that he has no running game and 2 great pass catchers, and 2 good pass catchers.

60 sounds crazy but its not completely insane
Can't say I expect it to happen but who here would be surprised if it does?

Best wrs in the league, all of which are not only good wrs but also good redzone targets.

Couple that with a pretty bad running game, not to mention they don't even have a good short yardage back to get them a TD from the 2 yard line.

They probably don't have double digit rushing tds for the year as a team, and 60 TDs for this team for the year is very doable.

I am not gonna sit here and say he is likely to do it, but I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if he did it, and I expect him to at the very least come close.

60 is crazy talk though, lol..
If he got 7 TD's once he could do it again, right? 3 games of 7 TD's only leaves him averaging 3 TD's a game for 13 games.

Again, not saying that this is likely but I think it's hardly crazy talk in today's NFL.

This is putting the cart way before the horse.... but if Denver were to wrap up the division and home field advantage throughout the playoffs with a couple games to go, is Fox the type of coach that would sit any of his players to rest them (ala Tony Dungy)?

Ironically, Manning's, and the Broncos' best chance to get to the Super Bowl is to not have home field advantage in the playoffs. Manning does not have a game conducive to playing outdoors in cold weather in January.

They should hope the Texans play well this year.

15 games to go... 44 TDs to break the record. He must average 3TD/game to do it.

Peyton's career average is 1.96 TD/GM.
Peyton averaged 2.31 TD/GM last year with Denver.
Peyton has only ONCE in his career averaged a sufficient pace to reach that goal.. his legendary 2004 season where he threw 49 TD passes.

He might make it but the odds definitely aren't with him.

IMO he finishes with 43-45 TDs this season.

Manning had broke the record the week before though. and Brady was still going after it in Week 17 plus Pats were still playing for a perfect season.
Didn't think there was a human on the planet that didn't know that info. He had already completed his stat whoredom and no doubt, felt that 49 was not going to be touched. ffninja was on a roll of complete cluelessness.

15 games to go... 44 TDs to break the record. He must average 3TD/game to do it.

Peyton's career average is 1.96 TD/GM.

Peyton averaged 2.31 TD/GM last year with Denver.

Peyton has only ONCE in his career averaged a sufficient pace to reach that goal.. his legendary 2004 season where he threw 49 TD passes.

He might make it but the odds definitely aren't with him.

IMO he finishes with 43-45 TDs this season.
I would've assumed it was much higher than that. His averages that is.

It has to be going through his mind right now though. 3 TD's a game for the rest of the season is not unheard of. He averaged that his 49 TD season.

What I will be waiting to see is if a game is out of hand in the 4th if he is still throwing and if they get down to the 1, he goes play action.

his weapons in indy were really good.. but have they ever been this good?

plus he had a running game in indy he doesnt have one currently here.

d. thomas vs. wayne

welker vs. harrison

thomas vs. clark

decker= ?

add in all the new rules to make offenses more explosive and dbacks not being able to be physical.

He only needs to average 2.9 tds per game to beat it
I don't know if I'd say "only". 2.93 TDs over 16 games is a 47 TD season, which would be top 4 all time. So, he still has to have the equivalent of a top 4 season the rest of the way.

Granted, he has a top 2 season under his belt, an improved receiving corps, and a great start, but he still has to play lights out from here to accomplish the record.

his weapons in indy were really good.. but have they ever been this good?

plus he had a running game in indy he doesnt have one currently here.

d. thomas vs. wayne

welker vs. harrison

thomas vs. clark

decker= ?

add in all the new rules to make offenses more explosive and dbacks not being able to be physical.
Yes, they have been this good. Better. Please stop this insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread