What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roman Harper not playing base week 1? (1 Viewer)

Jene's new IDP Gameday Notes feature states" I think Kenny Vaccaro has replaced Roman Harper in the base package." I have been bracing for the possibility that this could happen--but not until later in the year. I didn't start Ihenacho and am now stuck deciding between Harper and Morgan Burnett (Questionable with a 4:00 start). If Harper is truly not playing base, it may be worth the gamble on Burnett. Can anyone confirm whether Harper is out of the base package for the Saints?

I haven't seen any confirmation from the coaches, unfortunately. That's why the fancy hedging in that blurb. But Vaccaro played -- and well -- in the base over Harper in the third preseason game and the Saints get Tony Gonzalez today. I'd bet on Vaccaro and I'm sitting Harper in most leagues today.

Thanks for the info Jene. It would be much easier for me to sit him if I didn't have to rely a questionable Morgan Burnett in a late afternoon start.

Harper was around the ball all afternoon. It was frustrating to watch him as an owner and see how close he was to a big game in tackles. He still did well thanks to the recovery and INT but it could have been a monster.

johnnyboy8102 said:
Jenkins and Vaccaro played all 56 snaps.

Harper played 49.
Interesting that the Saints used three safeties so frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread