What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC 2013 In Season. Talk about your ups n downs. (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
QB-Stafford-25

RB-ADP-33

RB-Sproles-17

WR-Marshall-24

WR-J.Nelson-26

TE-Vernon Davis-30

Flex1-Tate-9

Flex2-S.Moss-TBD

Def/ST-Miami Dolphins-17

PK-M.Bryant-5

187.45+ tonight's game. I have Gordon suspended, my flex options at the moment are not super. Still I withstood the Peyton Manning monsoon and will likely have high score week 1. This is really an 11 week sprint, would rather be ahead than behind. The ADP/Sproles combo of 50 has to be one of the better RB combo points you get for the week, not many other combos come close to that, I had a 40 point edge at RB overall.

Good Luck everyone, there's room for all of us to at least win these leagues and take $1,500.

Have 2 squads with 180+. RG3 in 1 to go still and Tate in the other going. 1 is a definite W , the other up in the air. Was pretty stoked with both these teams points wise until i saw the "Overall" leaderboard and my teams nowhere near the top. Geezus. This thing is really a lottery.

Won my first matchup scored 149 and some change.That score is not going to do the trick I better score a lot more in the future or its going to be a long season.

Just like last year throw a big number up and lose wasted a 184.80 ugh!! I hate this game sometimes.

Cant complain about week 1 as I won 80% of my matchups but it was interesting to see the variance where I won with a team that scored just 125 and lost with a team that scored 177. Also scored 190 on one team without a kicker. What a wild week and Im sure lots of craziness still to come

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost my Week 1 matchup 190.95-161.00

Matty Ice 23.4

Sproles 17

D Martin 14.4

DeSean 23.4

Garcon 13.4

*Mike Wallace 2.5

Julio Jones 20.6

Julius Thomas 30.5

Janikowski 5.8

Cardinals D 10.0

* Had I not started Mike Wallace and instead put Anquan Boldin in his place because he was ON MY BENCH!!! I would have won this matchup 198.3-190.95

I didnt think SF was going to have a great game against the Packers and they were going to be doing a lot of the read option and would kill Boldin's numbers....boy was I wrong

Spent 2 years away from FF after seeing my first two picks in each of the last 3 years I played go down with serious injuries 3 weeks into the season. Week one I lose Vereen,this week I lose SJax. Guess I need 3 years away next time.

Lucky to be 2-0 starting week 3 with the scores my team has posted.Now at the end of tonight's game my opponent has me 99.95 to 97.40 he has Thomas tomorrow and I have Decker.I guess neither one of us deserves to win but I'll take it if I can squeek one by. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.Oh and may I also add I hate Da Bears D.

QB-Stafford-25

RB-ADP-33

RB-Sproles-17

WR-Marshall-24

WR-J.Nelson-26

TE-Vernon Davis-30

Flex1-Tate-9

Flex2-S.Moss-TBD

Def/ST-Miami Dolphins-17

PK-M.Bryant-5

187.45+ tonight's game. I have Gordon suspended, my flex options at the moment are not super. Still I withstood the Peyton Manning monsoon and will likely have high score week 1. This is really an 11 week sprint, would rather be ahead than behind. The ADP/Sproles combo of 50 has to be one of the better RB combo points you get for the week, not many other combos come close to that, I had a 40 point edge at RB overall.

Good Luck everyone, there's room for all of us to at least win these leagues and take $1,500.
Your 1st 5 picks are ridiculous. Must have caught your league sleepin at the wheel during the draft. Was Ridley and Gore drafted ahead of Marshall?

Lost 2 games needing 6 and 4 Pts from Pitts d last week and Denver Def tonight. almost hard to do in this defensive scoring system. I hate this game.

1st week was good, last week was terrible and this week was awesome. Won my big two leagues by less than 1 point each. Seem to be riding the Antonio Brown/Cecil Shorts combo every week and this week they brought me tons of points (last week was brutal). Still waiting on Gronk so Im pretty happy with the showing so far.

3-0 with scores of 149.25,154.10 and 124.70.So pretty lucky to be sitting on top of the league.With only an 11 game season pretty nice to be off to a quick start.Bad thing is there are 6 teams sitting at 2-1 we have a pretty balanced league.I have to hope Lacy and Rice get healthy quick and nothing happens to Forte.

Week 4 and it looks like we already have a dead team.Guy who drafted Brady 1.1 also drafted Turner,McGaee,and Vick as his 3rd QB.Then turned around and dropped Vick and McGahee(McGahee probably not a difference maker but Vick certainly is) didn't field a full line up this week.Guess its ok I still have to play him but it sucks for the guy who actually lost to him.Plus the team I am playing picked up Vick which sucks for me.Shows how one owner can change the dynamic of a league.

Very surprised that Vick wasn't taken out of circulation.

High stake leagues usually do this to stop any form of colluding.

Interesting week and season thus far. Averaged a little over 160 this week with my teams. I have 3 undefeated teams left but only 1 is the high scorer in that league while my highest scoring team is just 2-2. Have one team that is 12th in points and will need a lot of help (having Spiller and Myers on that team has been painful and unfortunately it doesn't look a lot better in week 5).

Well teams in my league that make playoffs will be happy they don't have to face jimmy graham. Having historic season and he is wasting away on my pathetic team.

And of course Denver D gets 3 Pts when I need 4. F;):&/K! This game.
Justice was served last nite. This same team that lost by less then a pt last week due to Denver, well i was down 50 last nite with Sproles/Graham.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

3 teams . 3-1, 3-1 and 2-2. Cant really complain.

Although if i had to , my 2-2 team is in a mighty tough league, (pts wise) and lots of good records as well. Might need a 6-1 finish to squeeze in

QB-Stafford-25

RB-ADP-33

RB-Sproles-17

WR-Marshall-24

WR-J.Nelson-26

TE-Vernon Davis-30

Flex1-Tate-9

Flex2-S.Moss-TBD

Def/ST-Miami Dolphins-17

PK-M.Bryant-5

Your 1st 5 picks are ridiculous. Must have caught your league sleepin at the wheel during the draft. Was Ridley and Gore drafted ahead of Marshall?
Ridley went but not Gore. I went ADP, Sproles/Marshall, J.Nelson/V.Davis(shoulda gone Manning) then gone Gordon/J.Cameron on the 6/7, if I had changed the 5th and 7th round picks for those other players I would really be unstoppable right now. The guy who is 4-0 in my league, I'm 3-1, but the guy in 1st, he grabbed J.Charles 1.02, D.Thomas 2.11/D.Murray 3.02, he is doing very well right now. His 4/5 turn was Garcon/A.Brown to boot.

Stafford was round 10/11

Ministry of Pain said:
QB-Stafford-25

RB-ADP-33

RB-Sproles-17

WR-Marshall-24

WR-J.Nelson-26

TE-Vernon Davis-30

Flex1-Tate-9

Flex2-S.Moss-TBD

Def/ST-Miami Dolphins-17

PK-M.Bryant-5

Ridley went but not Gore. I went ADP, Sproles/Marshall, J.Nelson/V.Davis(shoulda gone Manning) then gone Gordon/J.Cameron on the 6/7, if I had changed the 5th and 7th round picks for those other players I would really be unstoppable right now. The guy who is 4-0 in my league, I'm 3-1, but the guy in 1st, he grabbed J.Charles 1.02, D.Thomas 2.11/D.Murray 3.02, he is doing very well right now. His 4/5 turn was Garcon/A.Brown to boot.

Stafford was round 10/11
We did RBWRWRWRWR. from the 11th spot. Forte, Dez, Cobb, Garcon Decker Olsen Dwill, miss on Vereen, luckily :) . Was hoping Gordon made to us at 7th pick but nope. Ended up with FJax, Moreno,. Drafted Eli, Vick late and Manuel. 3-1. faced Peyton week 1, lost by 15, Gordon 6 and Cameron 7 would had been sweet but DWill is getting it done

So I took a look at my best and worst teams so far through week 4.

Best Team so far with a little over 700:

Romo, Dalton

Reggie Bush, SJax (hopefully back soon), AP, Woodhead, Goodson, Dunbar, Michael, Ellington

Antonio Brown, Mike Williams, Kerley, Broyles, Woods, Hankerson (not my strong point)

Gonzo, Cameron

Worst team with under 500 points:

Bradford, Wilson

Reggie Bush (interesting that he is in my best and worst team), Spiller, Bradshaw, Brown, Helu, Michael

Bowe, Antonio Brown, V Brown, Shorts, Kerley, Woods, Marlon Brown

Gronk, Myers, Walker

After the draft I liked my team.Started out 3-0 really liked my team.Lost 3 in a row guess the joke was on me.

####!

Currently sitting at 3-4, lost Julio Jones in Week 6, and just lost Doug Martin in Week 7.

Bright side is that I am currently 1st in points at ~1,112 and 2nd place is about 60 behind me. Hopefully I can hang onto the points lead and get into the big dance...

Wow talk about crunch time. In 3 leagues:

League 1: (4-5) only alive due to pts. Currently the 2 best scoring teams are also the 2 best records so that helps me out. I'd be the 4 seed if things ended today but barely. There are about 5 teams within 25 pts of each other all fighting for that 4th spot.

League 2: (4-5) almost identical situation to league 1. Currently in the lead for that 4th spot, less competition tho here. Looks like 2 other teams besides myself are in the mix for the 4th seed. Thank god for the seeding on total pts

League 3: (6-3) Easily my best situation of the 3. Tied with 2 other teams for best record but also alive in the pts race. Decent pts lead over the 3rd tied team for the record at the moment. a 2-0 finish should lock up the 3 seed. That 1 seed still in play if the guy ahead in pts slips up here.

So there it is. I would sign right now to just make the playoffs in 2 of them. Maybe thats being greedy even. Ugh, so much can change still in 2 weeks!!

My league is pretty tight.League leader is at 7-2,3 teams at 6-3 and 4 teams at 5-4.I'm at 6-3 but its really not looking good.Lost Rodgers last night so took a point hit there but more importantly that just plain sucks.Still ended up winning my game so there is that.If regular season ended today I wouldn't make the playoffs.Team in 8th place would get the 2nd seed team right above me would get the 3rd and 5th place team would get the 4th.I play the team right above me this week so if I win that will help if I lose pretty sure you can stick a fork in me I will be done.

My league is pretty tight.League leader is at 7-2,3 teams at 6-3 and 4 teams at 5-4.I'm at 6-3 but its really not looking good.Lost Rodgers last night so took a point hit there but more importantly that just plain sucks.Still ended up winning my game so there is that.If regular season ended today I wouldn't make the playoffs.Team in 8th place would get the 2nd seed team right above me would get the 3rd and 5th place team would get the 4th.I play the team right above me this week so if I win that will help if I lose pretty sure you can stick a fork in me I will be done.
I have a feeling that Rodgers game last night will decide alot of owners' seasons. So many close races for that 2nd points playoff spot. I know in 1 of my leagues, that Rodgers team was right in the running for that spot. And that was an easy 25+ pts lost for him..

Well went into this game at 6-3 tied with two other teams for 2nd.Team I am playing is one of the 6-3 teams.I have to take my hat off to the owner of this team he drafted Bernard late which looks like a great move right now.Also he really worked the waiver wire like a champ picked up Stacy a few weeks ago and Cooper I think about the same time.Needless to say I am getting my butt handed to me.All is not lost you say there is still points to consider well my dynamo of a team has scored a whopping 38 points.Rodgers going out was my death sentence.Anyway fun again as usual even though my luck sucks again as usual.Think I am going to pull for my opponent today for the rest of the season the guy is a waiver wire wonder.

Wow talk about crunch time. In 3 leagues:

League 1: (4-5) only alive due to pts. Currently the 2 best scoring teams are also the 2 best records so that helps me out. I'd be the 4 seed if things ended today but barely. There are about 5 teams within 25 pts of each other all fighting for that 4th spot.

League 2: (4-5) almost identical situation to league 1. Currently in the lead for that 4th spot, less competition tho here. Looks like 2 other teams besides myself are in the mix for the 4th seed. Thank god for the seeding on total pts

League 3: (6-3) Easily my best situation of the 3. Tied with 2 other teams for best record but also alive in the pts race. Decent pts lead over the 3rd tied team for the record at the moment. a 2-0 finish should lock up the 3 seed. That 1 seed still in play if the guy ahead in pts slips up here.

So there it is. I would sign right now to just make the playoffs in 2 of them. Maybe thats being greedy even. Ugh, so much can change still in 2 weeks!!
Nothing like coming down to the final week:

League 1: Only the 4 seed is up for grabs. Picked up Lance Moore over Cooper last week, sigh. That 1 move could cost me $1500. Still in the lead in pts but barely. 3 teams seperated by 4 pts! There's also a 4th team alive who's 27 pts back. 4 seed goes to the high scorer in week 11.

League 2: Again only alive for the 4 seed. Looks like a 2 team race which is better then league 1, but im the team trailing at the moment. Behind by 17 pts. Special thanks to Tim Wright last night who did nothing for me.

League 3: It appears i've locked up the 1 or 3 seed. There are 2 teams @ 7-3, myself included. 2 teams @ 6-4. But 1 of those 6-4 teams is locked into the 2 seed, pts are way ahead. The other 6-4 team is way behind in pts so he cant win a tie at all. So worst case scenario with a loss, im the 3 seed. A win and loss by the other 7-3 team, im the 1.

Again, i'd sign to make 2 postseasons here. Would be glorious if i got in all 3, but not likely.

In my league 1st place has 8-2 record 2nd place which also has the high point total is at 7-3 and then 5 teams including me at 6-4.I have no hope at overtaking 4th seed for points but with a little luck I could actually take the 3rd seed.Not holding out much hope with Flacco as my QB and Rice sucking air but it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

In my league 1st place has 8-2 record 2nd place which also has the high point total is at 7-3 and then 5 teams including me at 6-4.I have no hope at overtaking 4th seed for points but with a little luck I could actually take the 3rd seed.Not holding out much hope with Flacco as my QB and Rice sucking air but it ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Im assuming u have $0 waiver loot to spend? With Flacco starting for u?

Thats 1 thing they need to make very APPARENT to teams before the season starts. Im sure there were plenty of teams who didnt realize you cant bid $0 on a guy and get him. I for one didnt even realize it till a few weeks in

I cant imagine the people that spent their whole budget on any one player knew this.

Im assuming u have $0 waiver loot to spend? With Flacco starting for u?

Thats 1 thing they need to make very APPARENT to teams before the season starts. Im sure there were plenty of teams who didnt realize you cant bid $0 on a guy and get him. I for one didnt even realize it till a few weeks in

I cant imagine the people that spent their whole budget on any one player knew this.
Yep waiver cash gone but I knew the rule.Just never expected to use Flacco more than once.I raised my eyebrows at the guy who drafted 3 QBs but I sure wish I had of now anyone would be better than relying on Flacco.

Well not only that, what about injuries? At least Flacco is healthy , if he were hurt, you're getting 0 pts every week from your QB spot.

I ran out of cash this past week in 1 league where im still alive for playoffs and im already nervous about that haha.

I think spending your whole bank roll before week 10 or 11 is a huge mistake. You need at least ~ $20 for $1 transactions in worst case scenarios.

I'm sure you guys don't realize it but you are able to make FA pickups through the last week of the entire tourney if I remember correctly.

Well i want to puke.

League 1: Only the 4 seed is up for grabs. 3 teams seperated by 4 pts! There's also a 4th team alive who's 27 pts back. 4 seed goes to the high scorer in week 11. - I pulled Gordon because of the 'weather' and put in Harvin. That 1 move sealed my fate. I'd be down ~ 23 pts with Gronk tonite and very much alive vs down 43 and done. Seriously felt ill yesterday. The whole season ends on 1 roster move.

League 2: Again only alive for the 4 seed. Looks like a 2 team race which is better then league 1, but im the team trailing at the moment. Behind by 17 pts. Special thanks to Tim Wright last night who did nothing for me. - Wasnt really ever in this one. Again, i put my trust in Tim Wright among of others. No one to blame but myself.

League 3: It appears i've locked up the 1 or 3 seed. There are 2 teams @ 7-3, myself included. 2 teams @ 6-4. But 1 of those 6-4 teams is locked into the 2 seed, pts are way ahead. The other 6-4 team is way behind in pts so he cant win a tie at all. So worst case scenario with a loss, im the 3 seed. A win and loss by the other 7-3 team, im the 1. - I lost so its the 3 seed. I'll be playing the team who just spanked me and has a pretty potent lineup. Would have been nice to take that 1 seed but that team won his game so it wouldnt have mattered in the end.

So i make the dance in 1 out of 3. Hard to be 'that' pissed but i am. im really hoping Gronk is terrible tonight so that 'Harvin' move isnt the difference. Good luck to all. Be nice to at least get a win in round 1 and secure 5 hundo.

First year in FPC, one team. Despite the shorter 11 week regular season, I opted to get Gronk and Gordon on discount (3rd/8th round). This, and drafting S-Jax in the second, really hurt me in the beginning. Now, despite finishing just 5-6, I have the most total points in my league and an automatic berth in the Championship round. And I really like the core and depth of my team with Stafford, McCoy, V-Jax, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Jeffery, Wright, Gronk, Julius, Olsen. I could make waves in the playoffs if I get a stroke of good RB fortune AND I pick the correct players to start each week!! Good luck to all!

Nah. Graham/Davis >>>> Gronk/hurt Julius. And Fleener/Olsen is a wash although I also favor Fleener moving fwd. lol

Users who are viewing this thread