Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finz Fan

LB Pickup Advice

I have Woodyard, Burfict, Kendricks, Carter and Daryl Smith (we start 2 LB's and 1 flex). Would you consider dropping one of these for any of the following ...

Justin Houston
Deandre Levy
Akeem Dent
Jasper Brinkley
David Harris
Thomas Davis

... we count 1 pt for tackle and assist, 4pts for sack and FF, 3 pts for FR, 2 pts for PD and STF

I would hold. If there's one to drop, it's Smith. But I would want to see how he looks against a more balanced offense. Denver was pass happy and barely ran the ball last week. Cleveland barely ran it, too, but I would suspect they'll be more balanced this week.

Though you may want to check with Jene on possible injuries to Woodyard and Burfict this week. Both got dinged last week, but both did come back in afterwards. Just would double check their practice status.

As to those available, I'd rank them:

Levy - 3 down WLB with a sketchy MLB

Houston - a sack guy on the rise, great matchup play vs weak/rookie right tackles (ie: Joeckel/JAX, Parnell/DAL?) - makes sense as I doubt Smith plays much for you over the other 4, while this guy might wtih the right matchup

Dent - MLB, but will he retain 3 down role? If he does, could be your best bet, just not sure. Spoon is a threat to his tackle #s.

Davis - 3-down role secure for now. But Kuechly dominates the tackle stats, and Beason could get healthier

Harris - hasn't been that good in a long time, think D.Davis is the better bet for tackles there

Brinkley - going to get pushed to the bench when Washington comes back (Week 5)

I have Woodyard, Burfict, Kendricks, Carter and Daryl Smith (we start 2 LB's and 1 flex). Would you consider dropping one of these for any of the following ...

Justin Houston

Deandre Levy

Akeem Dent

Jasper Brinkley

David Harris

Thomas Davis

... we count 1 pt for tackle and assist, 4pts for sack and FF, 3 pts for FR, 2 pts for PD and STF

at 4 pts/sack I think I would want houston