What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman Questioned by Police for Threatening Wife With Gun (1 Viewer)

A disappointed showing on this one from the FFA today- I posted it in the other Zimmerman thread like an hour ago. I was really hoping you all would get me through the afternoon with hilarious posts about this story. Your lack of jokes and insane political ramblings forced to do actual work for a couple minutes. :kicksrock:

In all seriousness, does anyone see a happy ending for Zimmerman? Even if the vigilante lunatics leave him alone I think there's a pretty good chance the guy self-destructs in a newsworthy way.

That guy really has to learn to carry pepper spray if he's going to carry a gun. If the bad guy is acting aggressively but not threatening your life... Hit 'em with the pepper spray first. Much easier to justify its use, and it is inherently non-lethal, so that severely restricts your criminal liability exposure. Save the gun for when you truly fear for your own life.

Last edited by a moderator:
This

Is

Awesome

Hope he does hard time for this. Sort of in the vain of the OJ thing.
I don't want to see him do hard time... but he definitely needs some training on when use of lethal force is justified and the implications of using it, or even threatening to use it, in situations where it is not justified. This was just stupidity, pure and simple.

Jumping to conclusions with very limited info worked our pretty well last time, no reason not to do it again.

This

Is

Awesome

I don't want to see him do hard time... but he definitely needs some training on when use of lethal force is justified and the implications of using it, or even threatening to use it, in situations where it is not justified. This was just stupidity, pure and simple.
"Police say Shellie told them that Zimmerman had his hand on his gun and became aggressive, then punched her father. "

This doesn't sound like his gun even left its holster.

So...can we take away his weapon now? He doesn't seem like the type of person that should be allowed to carry.
No, no, no... Never take away anyone's guns. Suspend his right to possess them and put him through some more rigorous training, which should also include legal - both criminal and civil - implications of using them. Every cop also carries pepper spray... For a reason. So they have one more less lethal option. This Zimmerman guy, though, from what I heard of this most recent incident, just doesn't "get it" with respect to when use of lethal force is justified. Great way to lose you LTC in MA is to threaten use of lethal force - especially by unconcealing your weapon - in non life-threatening situations. Really. Carry the pepper spray. If some #####, like that "Ball Son Urchin" character, or whatever his name was, comes at you saying he's going to go give you a beating,.. Make no threats, just spray his ###. If that doesn't stop him and he's hell-bent on causing you harm.,. Put one or two in center mass. Be sure to be heard... Yell, "stop!" And so forth before firing because people remember what they heard much better than what they saw. And be prepared to be on TV with Ball Son Urchin's mother telling everyone how Son Urchin is just getting his #### together and would never hurt anyone, etc. :rolleyes:

I do not believe her for a second. That seems like the world's easiest out for her...
What out are we thinking she is trying to get? She already stood by him during the trial. I actually think it is a smart move on her and Z's part. If she is divorced she could sell the rights to a book and make a ton of $$ off of it, and it would be exempt from the possible suit from the Martins?

So why would you not believe her? what does she have to gain?

Jumping to conclusions with very limited info worked our pretty well last time, no reason not to do it again.

This

Is

Awesome

"Police say Shellie told them that Zimmerman had his hand on his gun and became aggressive, then punched her father. "

Doesn't really matter

This

Is

Awesome

Doesn't really matter
Not to people who've already tried and convicted him, again, but to others it might.

Love the guys rushing to his defense in here. I'm sure they grant that kind of benefit of the doubt to all accused persons.

Tangent alert - I'm sick of hearing how the "defendant declined to press charges". Misleading and erroneous phrase.

This

Is

Awesome

"Police say Shellie told them that Zimmerman had his hand on his gun and became aggressive, then punched her father. "This doesn't sound like his gun even left its holster.
Doesn't really matter
Right, if we are arguing and I reveal my holstered gun and put my hand on it, that's a pretty serious threat. Certainly more of a threat Trayvon ever presented. Zimmerman is lucky his girl didnt pull a gun and shoot him.

Love the guys rushing to his defense in here. I'm sure they grant that kind of benefit of the doubt to all accused persons.
I'm not rushing to his defense as much as reserving judgment until more facts come about. It's generally a pretty sound practice. More people need to try it.

I'm not rushing to his defense as much as reserving judgment until more facts come about. It's generally a pretty sound practice. More people need to try it.
You are presuming there are more relevant facts...and that those facts might justify such a thinly veiled yet significant threat. That might or might not be a reasonable position to take with most people. It's not reasonable here.

You are presuming there are more relevant facts...and that those facts might justify such a thinly veiled yet significant threat. That might or might not be a reasonable position to take with most people. It's not reasonable here.
Ah right, because this is the unreasonable thread. My bad. :thumbup:

That guy really has to learn to carry pepper spray if he's going to carry a gun. If the bad guy is acting aggressively but not threatening your life... Hit 'em with the pepper spray first. Much easier to justify its use, and it is inherently non-lethal, so that severely restricts your criminal liability exposure. Save the gun for when you truly fear for your own life. fly to China to get some strange IMO.
FYP

My reading comprehension and/or this article confuses me.

It's her house...from her dad. And they were divvying up stuff.

Yet, it was George who was surprised when the ex and her dad showed up to get more stuff?

So...he's living there and she's not? But the article said the cops were called to "her" house.

I'm completely shuked

And someone check the scoreboard please...does this incident get filed under minority violence? Or is Zimmerman still white for all intents and purposes?

3 people saw this. What facts do you think are going to come out?
You mean his soon-to-be-ex-wife, HER DAD and Zimmerman? You're taking her side because divorces are always so amicable and neither side lies? I don't know what or who to believe, but I'm not rushing to her side without some proof. I'm going to need more than her and her dad's word.

Maybe you missed this nugget:

"Morgan said there were allegations that Zimmerman came to the home and Shellie's father was the aggressor in the incident."

Users who are viewing this thread