What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman Questioned by Police for Threatening Wife With Gun (1 Viewer)

Link not working on my phone. Was the gf good looking?
"The actual tweet included his girlfriend’s name, her phone number, and her face. We’ve blacked them out to protect her identity. Mediaite cannot confirm whether the woman pictured was actually dating George Zimmerman, whether she actually cheated on him with a Muslim, or how clean said Muslim was or wasn’t."

:lol:

It's as if he was laying in bed one night, trying to think of the most evil thing he could possibly do.  I envision him bolting upright at 2:00 a.m., suddenly wide-eyed, his cry of "I've got it!" filling the darkened room.  

I think he was jealous of the guy who bought the drug company and then raised all the prices out of sight. "What do you mean there's somebody out there people despise more than me? I'll fix that." 

“I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon,” he wrote in the description of the gun used to kill the unarmed, black teenager. “The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012.”

WTF. Eeeesh.

I'm disappointed in the FFA.  We have to have at least one nut in here willing to defend the indefensible.  Have all the Trump threads been alerted?
Theoretically I defend his right to be a petty, hurtful idiot and to espouse hateful ideas and to incite passions when they are best cooled*, but I would advocate otherwise.  I would advocate that rights do not have to be exercised.  I would advocate that you have the right to not exercise a right.  I would counsel that this is often the wise course.

*excepting matters involving clear and present danger.

Whatever happened that day that Trayvon was killed really does not matter in terms of how this guy has shown himself to be one messed up classless nutjob.

The auction supposedly began at 11 but I can't find it on gunbroker.com - says the item is no longer for sale. Already sold?

Of course it matters. 
Poorly written way of saying that regardless of what you think happened that day, pretty much everyone should be able to agree that his actions afterwards have shown him to be a total jerk off. Not that it doesn't matter but his actions standing alone from that event since then show him as a low life.

Yes, I am certain that the publicity generated from this sale will "ensure the demise of Hillary Clinton’s anti-firearm rhetoric". :mellow:

He wrote that the proceeds will be used to “fight [Black Lives Matter] violence against Law Enforcement officers” and to “ensure the demise of Angela Correy’s persecution career and Hillary Clinton’s anti-firearm rhetoric,” though he hasn’t expounded upon how.
Sounds like he's going to use the money to buy another gun.

Whatever happened that day that Trayvon was killed really does not matter in terms of how this guy has shown himself to be one messed up classless nutjob.
Granted I don't know him personally, but based on his actions as a complete tool and murderer that day, I pretty much had him pegged as a classless nutjob among other things before any of this nonsense. Coward, chump, stupid, tool, and racist also came to mind, these subsequent events are affirmation of the obvious.

Thankfully in retrospect there weren't a rash of these stand your ground murders, and Zimmerman really was just a dullard outlier sociopath. 

Auction cancelled.  Now that the golden gun is gone I'm going to have to find a different 50th anniversary present for my dad.  

Poorly written way of saying that regardless of what you think happened that day, pretty much everyone should be able to agree that his actions afterwards have shown him to be a total jerk off. Not that it doesn't matter but his actions standing alone from that event since then show him as a low life.
Actually it does matter, because a lot of people's opinion on the events were based on character.  There was certainly a lot of effort to paint Trayvon as a thug so people would be sympathetic to Zimmerman's story.

Actually it does matter, because a lot of people's opinion on the events were based on character.  There was certainly a lot of effort to paint Trayvon as a thug so people would be sympathetic to Zimmerman's story.
Again, I am saying whatever you believe about those circumstances- it should be clear to everyone that Zimmerman is scum now. I understand my first post was poorly written but I really don't think that this is a complicated perspective here to understand.

Let's say you believe that Zimmerman was 'innocent' in that event. You should now at least look on his actions in several instances since and see this guy as scum. Obviously, if you felt he went hunting Trayvon down and murdered him, you already have an opinion of him that he is scum.

Again, I am saying whatever you believe about those circumstances- it should be clear to everyone that Zimmerman is scum now.
Chad, let me ask you this: if you knew in 2012 what you know in 2016, would your opinion of the Trayvon Martin shooting be exactly the same?

Let's break it down further.  If you knew all this about George at the time of his trial would it change your opinion of:

1)  Whether George believed he was imminent danger of death or grievous bodily harm; and

2)  Whether a reasonable person under the same circumstances would share that belief.

It's easy for people like me, who don't think that the facts showed that Zimmerman's belief was reasonable to have stuff like this reinforce our belief.  I've always felt that even if  Zimmerman felt threatened, it was largely animated by his own racist attitudes about "thugs" and was not thus objectively reasonable.  But I understand how the jury came out the other way, particularly considering the lousy jury instructions they received. 

Of course, it is possible that this traumatic incident and the trial surrounding it turned Zimmerman into a full-fledged gun nut and racist.  He's received a lot of abuse from people and the support he has received has been from gun nuts and racists.  It's not necessarily surprising that he would then find what they say reasonable.

Chad, let me ask you this: if you knew in 2012 what you know in 2016, would your opinion of the Trayvon Martin shooting be exactly the same?
 I don't think the prosecution made it's case and the facts of the case still favored him. But that said, absolutely how he has acted makes it harder to believe anything he says. The biggest thing that it changes for me is I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt of 'why' he made the decision to get out of the car but to me that never really impacted the case per the law.

My whole point was to say that it doesn't matter what you thought about the case- he clearly has shown himself to be scum independently from the case.

Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

I don't think the prosecution made it's case and the facts of the case still favored him. But that said, absolutely how he has acted makes it harder to believe anything he says. The biggest thing that it changes for me is I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt of 'why' he made the decision to get out of the car but to me that never really impacted the case per the law.

My whole point was to say that it doesn't matter what you thought about the case- he clearly has shown himself to be scum independently from the case.

Not sure why that is so hard to understand.
I am not saying you and I appreciate your honesty in the post, but if there is a person that still doesnt believe that Zimmy provoked and instigated the fight with Martin then you probably have a difficult time tying your shoes

Zimmerman was always known to be a piece of ####.  But the facts showed Zimmerman was getting his ### whooped.  Most people changed their minds and gave Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt because the narrative that was spun up by the activists and the media was shown to be false.  

Carolina Hustler and JoJo the Circus Boy- what happened to them?

JoJo theorized that Trayvon used his Arizona Iced Tea and Skittles to make himself PCP. That was ####### awesome! I kept asking him for the exact formula but he never provided it. That Trayvon was a genius at chemistry! 

Zimmerman was always known to be a piece of ####.  But the facts showed Zimmerman was getting his ### whooped.  Most people changed their minds and gave Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt because the narrative that was spun up by the activists and the media was shown to be false.  
:lmao:  No they didn't. The only thing the facts showed was that we couldn't be absolutely sure Zimmerman wasn't lying. I would have acquitted him too. But don't twist it around now. 

I am probably 90% sure Zimmy brandished his weapon and Martin thought he was in the fight for his life.  Everything he did prior and most certainly after the incident pretty much points to this

I am not saying you and I appreciate your honesty in the post, but if there is a person that still doesnt believe that Zimmy provoked and instigated the fight with Martin then you probably have a difficult time tying your shoes
I think he has shown he has the personality of wanting to confront the Trayvon. Where as before I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the situation not being willing to assign motivation to getting out of the car. Now, you can still want to confront someone without intent to murder and I still don't think he had intent to kill. I think he has shown himself to be a hot head moron for sure and it does impact how I view the events. I remember one time when I caught some gang bangers in the act of graffiti my next door neighbors house. I didn't think about it- I reacted and bolted to catch them. Thankfully, I am old, fat and slow so they got away because after I thought about it and was wondering what the hell I would have done if I caught them (there were two but when I began the chase only saw one) and that was unarmed. So, putting myself in those shoes, I can see someone getting out of the car with no ill intent- even if it is not the best idea in the world.

I definitely also believe that Trayvon once confronted verbally and much more likely now in an aggressive manner- that Trayvon was not about to have some punk pudgy guy boss him around. Again, putting myself in Trayvon's shoes at his age- that is likely how I would have reacted. Who the hell are you to talk to me when all I am doing is coming home from getting some candy?! I think many young men that age would react similarly and even more so for those wrapped up in the taking pictures of guns and weed etc because you are hardcore and don't play.

I think you have an idiot hothead that confronted Trayvon who reacted like many young men would and it escalated to a quick fight that pudgy Zimmerman went to lose real fast and Zimmerman went to his gun because that is what he had. Sadly, Trayvon is gone. I have done a ton of dumb things in my life when I was younger that if I did them with the wrong person- would end up shot like him as well.

I am probably 90% sure Zimmy brandished his weapon and Martin thought he was in the fight for his life.  Everything he did prior and most certainly after the incident pretty much points to this
I don't believe this. I think if Trayvon saw a gun, he would have ran. I think Zimmerman was emboldened because he had a gun up to the point he was getting his rear end kicked all over the place and then shot Trayvon at close range during the confrontation. It does not make sense for Trayvon to know he had a gun and there would still be a confrontation. Either Trayvon knew there was a gun and had two choices- run or stay put. One of those options is typically not 'try to fight the guy' with a gun.

So full of ####.  There is zero percent chance that is how it went down.  The screams, the witnesses, the phone calls all contradict your fantasy.  

I don't believe this. I think if Trayvon saw a gun, he would have ran. I think Zimmerman was emboldened because he had a gun up to the point he was getting his rear end kicked all over the place and then shot Trayvon at close range during the confrontation. It does not make sense for Trayvon to know he had a gun and there would still be a confrontation. Either Trayvon knew there was a gun and had two choices- run or stay put. One of those options is typically not 'try to fight the guy' with a gun.
I've always believed that the guy without the gun generally runs away from the guy with the gun.

But in almost everyone of these cases, including this one and ESPECIALLY the Brown case, the pro-"law and order" types seemed to believe that it was perfectly plausible that a young unarmed black dude will go charging into Zimmerman/policeman in the face of bullets being fired at him. 

I've always believed that the guy without the gun generally runs away from the guy with the gun.

But in almost everyone of these cases, including this one and ESPECIALLY the Brown case, the pro-"law and order" types seemed to believe that it was perfectly plausible that a young unarmed black dude will go charging into Zimmerman/policeman in the face of bullets being fired at him. 
I think cop vs general person is different for some reason in some peoples minds.

You can see it in the debates about police use of force which is essentially along the lines of "couldn't he have done something else rather than shoot him?" There is an unrealistic expectation of police officers that when in danger they can turn into some super hero and subdue someone much larger than them on a whim or shoot a knife out of an assailants hands.

I also said 'typically' because for most people if someone confronts you with a gun- you have a choice of running or staying put. I remember when a couple of friends of mine snuck out to meet up with some girls at one of the girls houses. The father caught us and confronted us. I still to this day don't know if he had a gun but he yelled about something that he did and all three of us didn't move until the cops showed up. I think that is a normal reaction. (now, with the same group of friends there was a time we had cops called on us and ran away... so again, I think people react differently with cops)

Users who are viewing this thread