What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

At the very least, Hamlin is going to find a way to remove Chuck from the firm.  The whole spiel about the company's reputation and all.  

Great episode. Just my $.02, Jimmy would have been more compelling honing in on his concern about Chuck's declining state after the error and passing on the battery theatrics. That better supported a defense that he lied about the document editing (to help Chuck) due to sincere concern. Maybe even bring up the hospitalization Chuck had experienced to bolster there was something critical going on that it necessitated the lie. Probably just me, but I was a little baffled about the battery plan. Yes, it seemed to elicit a Chuck diatribe which may help. However, it also showed Jimmy's sneaky side (bolstering Chuck's facts). More important, isn't Jimmy proving this condition was a figment of Chuck's imagination, and not something he deemed so worrisome that is forced a lie to Chuck?   

At the very least, Hamlin is going to find a way to remove Chuck from the firm.  The whole spiel about the company's reputation and all.  
Yup. Buy him out.  Gonna be an awkward conversation with Howard and Chuck.  No way Chuck goes willingly

Also not mentioned much with the fireworks later in the episode, but Kim questioning Howard was great... especially the part about Nepotism and asking him who the extra H in HHM represented. 

Really great episode, even without Mike.

I thought they were going to plant a phone on Chuck and then call him at the appropriate point in his testimony. The battery worked out pretty much the same way, but a phone might have been funnier.

Great episode. Just my $.02, Jimmy would have been more compelling honing in on his concern about Chuck's declining state after the error and passing on the battery theatrics. That better supported a defense that he lied about the document editing (to help Chuck) due to sincere concern. Maybe even bring up the hospitalization Chuck had experienced to bolster there was something critical going on that it necessitated the lie. Probably just me, but I was a little baffled about the battery plan. Yes, it seemed to elicit a Chuck diatribe which may help. However, it also showed Jimmy's sneaky side (bolstering Chuck's facts). More important, isn't Jimmy proving this condition was a figment of Chuck's imagination, and not something he deemed so worrisome that is forced a lie to Chuck?   
The batter was instrumental in proving it wasn't a phsyical condition, but rather mental.

Were it purely physical, why would Jimmy be concerned over Chuck's mental health after the address incident? He wouldn't feel the need to make Chuck feel "not crazy" if he had pneumonia or hepatitis. Now that he established it is not physical, but rather a mental health issue, he can allege he was concerned his mental health was further deteriorating and was simply trying to ease his mind by lying about falsifying the address.

So good.  

Have enjoyed this show from the start but it's really finding it place and groove.   Last nights episode was outstanding.  

Really great episode, even without Mike.

I thought they were going to plant a phone on Chuck and then call him at the appropriate point in his testimony. The battery worked out pretty much the same way, but a phone might have been funnier.
Yea, was waiting for the phone to start ringing inside chucks pocket.

Inthread spinoff!

What ringtone would be perfect for the situation?

"I fought the law and...the law won"

"Who could it beee now?"

"Insane in the brain"

Great show but I guess I missed the larger point about Chucks ex wife being there.  Did Jimmy think it would rattle him or did he want the wife to see Chuck flip out for some reason.  Not sure what that had to do with the Bar board.

Great show but I guess I missed the larger point about Chucks ex wife being there.  Did Jimmy think it would rattle him or did he want the wife to see Chuck flip out for some reason.  Not sure what that had to do with the Bar board.
Looks like we'll find out next week.

He made a point about how Chuck would not divulge his EHS to her, but might have if it had been lung cancer. 

Five episodes left.  If this is the last season, and I think it is, there isnt much more to the storyline leading up to BB.  The things that will be resolved IMO.

1. Chuck - I bet he gets thrown into a nuthouse

2. Kim - I have no idea

3. Gus/Hector - How does hector end up like that and is it because of Gus.

4. How does Gus navigate around crazy Tuco and the cousins?  Seems like they will be out for blood if Gus does something.

The final biggies

5. How does he become Saul?

6. What happens at the Cinnabun.  I think he dies as a nice way to wrap up both series.

Why the hell would you think this is the last season??
I think the major storylines are wrapping themselves up.  How Mike got with Gus, Chuck, etc.  I am not sure where else they are going to be able to take the show.  I hope they dont do a 4rth just to do a 4rth just showing him as Saul.  We already know how he is.

that would be so ####ty if saul dies in the last episode.  i agree i bet they do another season
I think they put that scene in on purpose to give them a way to tidy things up.

Or thinking outside the box here, they could always show him hospitialized, then the authorities figure out who he is and the new season would be the aftermath of Breaking Bad.  Crazy but potential I guess

my two cents about the ex wife being there... the condition was stated to have started after the divorce, which chuck agreed with + he would have divulged the disease if it was lung cancer, a real disease, which chuck generally agreed with = chuck is too logical to believe himself that this condition is real deep inside and seeing her at the court took him back to the moment they separated when he was still sane and without said fake condition, which is nothing more than a coping mechanism for chuck. definitely there to rattle him around this imo.

pantherclub said:
I'm guessing that Jimmy knew Chuck would be expecting something. He brought the ex wife in as a ploy. Hoping that Chuck would suspect that was his big move to rattle him. But Jimmy knew Chuck would see through it. With Chuck thinking he had figured out the big move Jimmy in a sense threw him off the trail. Basically a slight of hand.  

WTF?  The ex-wife has everything to do with this:

1- Chuck's imaginary condition started as result of separating from his ex-wife.

2- Chuck has been keeping this hidden from his ex-wife.

3- Ex-wife is made aware of the condition when she's brought to the court room.

4- Everyone is made aware that it is a mental condition rather than a physical disease while Chuck's ex-wife is sitting there staring at him.

1+2+3+4=Boom!

No guarantee Gilligan will let us know when the last season is because he was not at all happy about AMC splitting the last season of BB into 2 parts. I do see BCS going at least one season beyond this'n, tho

none of this changes the fact that jimmy broke the law.  i'm still interested to see what the results of the hearing are and if jimmy gets to keep his license.

I think the major storylines are wrapping themselves up.  How Mike got with Gus, Chuck, etc.  I am not sure where else they are going to be able to take the show.  I hope they dont do a 4rth just to do a 4rth just showing him as Saul.  We already know how he is.
We're going to get at least one season of full on Saul Goodman doing Saul Goodman things

One thing that made me wince just a tad was Hamlin's nepotism answer.  Given that he is the head of a law firm, there is no way he would have answered like that, opening himself up to Kim's "And what is the name of your company" retort; he's too smart for that. 

That aside, still a fantastic episode. 

I'd be stunned if this was the last season. Ratings are great, show is great. Still a long way to go. Could even get into some parallel Breaking Bad territory.
I think a good last scene could be Walt and Jesse flipping a coin deciding who gets to go speak to Saul to represent Badger after he got snagged by the ABQPD. 

The scene ends with Walt losing the coin flip and walking into Sauls office saying he is Badgers uncle....

I'd be stunned if this was the last season. Ratings are great, show is great. Still a long way to go. Could even get into some parallel Breaking Bad territory.
Breaking Bad went 5.  This show will go at least that many seasons.  They need to still do the conversion to Saul Goodman, then get into the Breaking Bad timeline and post-Breaking Bad when he's in Omaha.  Lots of material left.  They also need to show how Hector ends up in his wheelchair - I'm thinking it's Mike who causes that.  

One thing that made me wince just a tad was Hamlin's nepotism answer.  Given that he is the head of a law firm, there is no way he would have answered like that, opening himself up to Kim's "And what is the name of your company" retort; he's too smart for that. 

That aside, still a fantastic episode. 
Did he say nepotism was the firms concern or just chucks concern?

I think a good last scene could be Walt and Jesse flipping a coin deciding who gets to go speak to Saul to represent Badger after he got snagged by the ABQPD. 

The scene ends with Walt losing the coin flip and walking into Sauls office saying he is Badgers uncle....
I was just kind of assuming they would use his first meeting with Walt as the last scene.

Breaking Bad went 5.  This show will go at least that many seasons.  They need to still do the conversion to Saul Goodman, then get into the Breaking Bad timeline and post-Breaking Bad when he's in Omaha.  Lots of material left.  They also need to show how Hector ends up in his wheelchair - I'm thinking it's Mike who causes that.  
These writers can move a story along so perfectly that they can cover all that and then some in a about 6-10 episodes. 

A year suspension would be enough to destroy his elder law practice and drive him to the shady side.
can one practice law under a different name?  i suppose so, but it must be legally changed?  the original law degree and first few years of jimmy would accessible to anyone that wanted to find out saul goodman's law history, correct?  i'm honestly curious.

he will strike a deal with Howard who will withdraw the disbarment attempt as long as Jimmy does not use the McGill name?

he will strike a deal with Howard who will withdraw the disbarment attempt as long as Jimmy does not use the McGill name?
but the bar is already involved and has the evidence in hand.  what would it matter if chuck or howard withdrew their complaint, isn't it beyond that now?

p.s.  lawyers are the worst

eta: except the one you really need.  and a few on this board.  not all of them though  

Last edited by a moderator:
Five episodes left.  If this is the last season, and I think it is, there isnt much more to the storyline leading up to BB.  The things that will be resolved IMO.

1. Chuck - I bet he gets thrown into a nuthouse

2. Kim - I have no idea

3. Gus/Hector - How does hector end up like that and is it because of Gus.

4. How does Gus navigate around crazy Tuco and the cousins?  Seems like they will be out for blood if Gus does something.

The final biggies

5. How does he become Saul?

6. What happens at the Cinnabun.  I think he dies as a nice way to wrap up both series.
Definitely 100% is not the last season. 

These writers can move a story along so perfectly that they can cover all that and then some in a about 6-10 episodes. 
But they won't.  Heck half the people ##### in this thread because things move "too slow" instead of just enjoying the method of telling the story.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread