What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

Really enjoying this show but I was taken out of this episode when I saw the cigarette Kim and Jimmy were sharing was fake/not lit and they were not exhaling any smoke. 

Seems like a small error but once I noticed it I was really taken out of the show.

I'm not exactly sure how one cheats at volleyball. Is he hitting the ball a fourth time and the other guys aren't seeing it? 

And do guys play volleyball with each other outside of Top Gun? 
Foot over the line when serving?

Saying a ball was in or out when it was/wasn't?

Where is Werner going? There is no way Mike didn't collect all the passports. Is his wife coming over an ds he escaped to meet her?

He has to know he is working for some shady people. Poor guy befriended Mike and thinks he is gonna get a write up for job abandonment.

Something is up with Werner to take such a chance like this. Maybe he is sick?  Was he just nervous innthe demo scene? He was breathing strangely.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was something strange about the wire when he found it and reconnected it.  It almost looked like it was peeled back with tape so it would fault.  He took off the paint and wound it back into place.  If true, I found myself wondering if he is somehow connected to the whole Gus/Lalo thing.  That whole scene just seemed odd.  And when Lalo went to see Gus after he saw Hector, clearly Lalo wasn't looking to be friendly.  But for the life of me, I can't figure out what the heck is going on!  Lastly, I thought the whole hearing thing and Jimmy's interaction with Kim simply wasn't on point.  Jimmy is smart enough to know what that lady was looking for when she asked about "the law" and if anyone specifically influenced him.  I knew it and couldn't believe Jimmy couldn't bite the bullet and tell them what they wanted to hear.  He's sorry about what happened, grief stricken by Chuck's death since he clearly led him to the law yada yada yada.  Hell, he lies about everything else, but he can't lie about Chuck to get his license back?  Makes me feel like deep down, at this point, he doesn't want to be a lawyer, he likes being slippin Jimmy.  And the interaction with Kim just didn't seem realistic.  Everything she said to him was spot on.  I understand his anger and frustration, but to direct it at Kim just seemed forced.  And unrealistic in the Saul universe.  Just my two cents

There was something strange about the wire when he found it and reconnected it.  It almost looked like it was peeled back with tape so it would fault.  He took off the paint and wound it back into place.  If true, I found myself wondering if he is somehow connected to the whole Gus/Lalo thing.  That whole scene just seemed odd.  And when Lalo went to see Gus after he saw Hector, clearly Lalo wasn't looking to be friendly.  But for the life of me, I can't figure out what the heck is going on!  Lastly, I thought the whole hearing thing and Jimmy's interaction with Kim simply wasn't on point.  Jimmy is smart enough to know what that lady was looking for when she asked about "the law" and if anyone specifically influenced him.  I knew it and couldn't believe Jimmy couldn't bite the bullet and tell them what they wanted to hear.  He's sorry about what happened, grief stricken by Chuck's death since he clearly led him to the law yada yada yada.  Hell, he lies about everything else, but he can't lie about Chuck to get his license back?  Makes me feel like deep down, at this point, he doesn't want to be a lawyer, he likes being slippin Jimmy.  And the interaction with Kim just didn't seem realistic.  Everything she said to him was spot on.  I understand his anger and frustration, but to direct it at Kim just seemed forced.  And unrealistic in the Saul universe.  Just my two cents
The wires are twisted and taped together instead of using wire nuts. That wire just came off because it wasn't taped properly.

All that scene was, was to show the head German guy is losing his ####

The wires are twisted and taped together instead of using wire nuts. That wire just came off because it wasn't taped properly.

Sounds reasonable.  There was just something about it that made me wonder.  Plus, Werner has to know who/what he's working for.  He can't realistically expect to get away.  Even if he somehow escapes, he can't believe they won't eventually track him down.  That's one reason I freaking love this show.  We know what eventually happens to Jimmy but the writers are keeping me at the edge of my seat for the ride there.  Can't believe next week is the season finale. :angry:

Got to agree.   We all knew what she wanted Jimmy to say at that interview.   When he refused to mention Chuck, we knew he wasn't going to get that job.  

I don't like any of these three story lines - Germans/the further adventures of Slippin Jimmy & Scammin Kimmy/LaLoser Salamanca. messy downslope to a great season.
At points I find myself wondering if some of the screen time might be better spent exploring Tuco's adventures in prison cafeteria service. Just think of the interminable set pieces they could dream up for that! Maybe set to some quirky semi-obscure song like "Tom's Diner" by Susanne Vega!

At points I find myself wondering if some of the screen time might be better spent exploring Tuco's adventures in prison cafeteria service. Just think of the interminable set pieces they could dream up for that! Maybe set to some quirky semi-obscure song like "Tom's Diner" by Susanne Vega!
Tuco's methface is just good television, whether presiding over an attack of homicidal temper, a foodline chafing dish, a shower rape or just a darn fine cuppa joe.

After the night where Werner made the drawing and talked about what they were doing, he realized that they're all going to be killed after the job is over because they're too big of a risk to what is clearly a massive and well-funded drug operation.   They had no option but to try to escape.

I thought that not lying about Chuck was pretty genuine to Jimmy's character.  I honestly would have been disappointed if he did. :shrug:

I think he realizes Kim is addicted to the con and is jeopardizing her carear and he's intentionally pushing her away for her own good.

Slippin' Jimmy got no conscience but all his life has had a father, brother & beloved reminding him he should. Saul Goodman walks alone.

Slippin' Jimmy got no conscience but all his life has had a father, brother & beloved reminding him he should. Saul Goodman walks alone.
So what's the plan of Kim's to get Jimmy's law license back?  Legally change his name to Saul & take the bar test in another State?  I'm asking.

Also did all the diggers of the tunnel escape or just the leader?  

One episode left with a lot of cool sh8t going on that has to get somewhat resolved.

I thought that not lying about Chuck was pretty genuine to Jimmy's character.  I honestly would have been disappointed if he did. :shrug:
Oh absolutely.  It didn't even dawn on him to mention Chuck.  But, that's kind of my point.  Slipping Jimmy is a top shelf con man.  And is great at thinking on his feet.  The last few questions by the panel were so clearly aimed at getting him to say something about Chuck, I'm surprised he didn't realize it and tell them what he wanted to hear to get what he wanted.  In retrospect, I don't fault Jimmy for feeling the way he does about Chuck.  Chuck's last words to him were basically that he never really cared about him and to get over himself.  But I would think he would have realized what the panel was looking for and given it to them. 

Jimmy and Chuck's relationship was turbo-complicated. It wasn't love, but it wasn't hate either. I mean, there's a reason he collapsed in the Cinnabon, right? His refusal to deal in any way with Chuck's death is his tragic flaw.

So what's the plan of Kim's to get Jimmy's law license back?  Legally change his name to Saul & take the bar test in another State?  I'm asking.

Also did all the diggers of the tunnel escape or just the leader?  

One episode left with a lot of cool sh8t going on that has to get somewhat resolved.
I think they are going to appeal the denial, which has the makings for some real drama.  Perhaps Jimmy has an episode similar to what happened with Kim and goes off during the appeal about how Chuck hated him etc, which ultimately led to him losing his license for the year in the first place.  Chuck intentionally set him up because he didn't want the "gorilla with a law degree and a machine gun" working in his beloved profession.  Ironically, I think he would be absolutely correct in that argument.  He lost his license for one year for his actions in kicking down Chuck's door and destroying property and the board denying his reapplication for not being sincere is going to be overturned.  He seemed genuinely sincere and his failure to mention Chuck is as sincere as Jimmy can get.  His brother hated him and did everything he could, including entrapping him, to try and get him disbarred.  The panel denying him reinstatement because he didn't seem sincere for not mentioning Chuck is going to be reversed, IMO.  That said, I think the way it may come out and hearing Jimmy go on a rant about Chuck (similar to his rant at her) is going to cause a major rift between them.  He gets reinstated but loses Kim.  Irony

Just Werner, the boss. He had the "house" to himself. All the other guys are in bunk beds in House #2. When Mike and his two guards turned on all the lights to search the place, they all came stumbling out saying "Hey Mike, what's going on?"
thanks man, was diverted from the show at a bad time last night.

After the night where Werner made the drawing and talked about what they were doing, he realized that they're all going to be killed after the job is over because they're too big of a risk to what is clearly a massive and well-funded drug operation.   They had no option but to try to escape.
Yeah I think that’s what’s going on

I think Werner had her realization after Mike denied him going home for short weekend. What kind of operation wouldn’t allow their staff to go see their family for a few days. 

I guess it's possible but you think Mike knows that they're all dead men at the end? Doesn't seem like something he'd be cool with.

I guess it's possible but you think Mike knows that they're all dead men at the end? Doesn't seem like something he'd be cool with.
no way the diggers don't die.  Mike has to know that, but not for sure.  He won't be giving the guys a ride to the airport(where they will never arrive) when they are done.  IMO

I think Werner had her realization after Mike denied him going home for short weekend. What kind of operation wouldn’t allow their staff to go see their family for a few days. 

Surely he already knew that.  Most jobs don’t blindfold you when you go to the worksite, not let you leave ever, and have surveillance on you 24/7 while you’re held hostage.

I don't think the guy thinks he's going to die. Why would he ask to see his wife then? It would cast suspicion on him. I just think he's cracked. Men locked up on confinement like prison and eventually you break. 

Yes that was out of character for Jimmy.  Even if he didn't want to mention Chuck he could have talked about lawyers at HHM or even Kim.  The land crabs thing was dumb
Disagree, that is Jimmy.   So conflicted with his brother that his brother still affecting him from the grave.  It's just like Jimmy to say something completely absurd when the obvious answer is his brother.  He is who he is because of Chuck.  If he could have dismissed his issues with Chuck, and told them what they wanted to hear, he could be anyone he wants and there wouldn't be a Slippin Jimmy.

Werner has done this kind of job for this kind of client before. I don't think he's been killed at the end of each of them.

Running his mouth at the bar might have changed the equation, but he'd have no real reason to think this job was different than any of the others before that.
Well yeah.  If Mike told me "Well ok, just don't do it again" I would be ####ting my pants.

How long is the finale?  It's going to have to be a 3 hour movie to hatch a plan to get his law licences back, plus whatever happens with Kim,  plus leave cliff hangers for the Mike and Nacho story lines.

no way the diggers don't die.  Mike has to know that, but not for sure.  He won't be giving the guys a ride to the airport(where they will never arrive) when they are done.  IMO
They don't even know where they are working, other than "in the US." I think they all go home when the job is done. Except for Kai. No way he makes it out alive. He has already shown that he can't be trusted, but he does good work, so that's why he's not already dead.

Agreed. I found that scene to be particularly intense. I wasn't sure he wasn't going to be blown to smithereens. Or Gus might be down there waiting for him with a warm boxcutter welcome. 

As far as we’ve been told there is a 4-5 years between where the show is now and when BB starts. We know the superlab debuts then. 

They all seem to think currently that the lab should have been done now and will be done in the relatively near future. So something has to happen to address that long gap in between.

I imagine this team doesn’t work out and they spend a lot of time finding a new squad.  

As far as we’ve been told there is a 4-5 beteeen where the show is now and when BB starts. We know the superlab debuts then. 

They all seem to think currently that the lab should have been done now and will be done in the relatively near future. So something has to happen to address that long gap in between.

I imagine this team doesn’t work out and they spend a lot of time finding a new squad.  
that would line it up and give them more time to arc Jimmy/Kimmy. 

As far as we’ve been told there is a 4-5 beteeen where the show is now and when BB starts. We know the superlab debuts then. 

Makes perfect sense to keep the time lines correct.

Which is why they will also have Mikes grand-daughter drink from the fountain of youth and grow 6 years younger.

Honestly, I really just hope we get some future Jimmy/Gene in the finale. I’d really like the final season to have like 10-15 minutes of Gene in every episode of the final season.

Are you saying we are 4-5 years away from the Walter working the lab or 4-5 years away from Walter starting to cook in the motorhome? 

Users who are viewing this thread