What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (3 Viewers)

Are you saying we are 4-5 years away from the Walter working the lab or 4-5 years away from Walter starting to cook in the motorhome? 
timelinewise, many of us are concerned that, knowing that Gale Boetticher was still unwrapping equipment when Walter White first saw the lab that the BB-linking storyline was waaaay ahead of the Saul Goodman storyline. so delays in finishing the lab would go toward linking that back up. not that any of it matters, but we're all squirrels....

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t read every post, but anyone talking about the last two episode titles of the season both starting with “W” possibly indicating Walter White?  Apparently that’s a hot theory. 

Are you saying we are 4-5 years away from the Walter working the lab or 4-5 years away from Walter starting to cook in the motorhome? 
From what I read the show is now in early 2004. We don’t meet Saul till December 2008 so the lab will be after that. 

Don't forget that Breaking Bad is a condensed series.  While years past for us in real life waiting for the seasons to be released, the series was happening much quicker in their own time line.

The span between Walter starting to cook in the motor home and being shown the Superlab by Gus was only 6 months.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Breaking_Bad_Timeline

Why was the show's title written on the place they were going to blast?

I understand the titles meaning in terms of Werner but I did not understand why it was written on the rocks by I assume the workers..

No one does opening vignettes like Vince Gilligan. This one was one of the best, though the ep wasnt as wikkid as i hoped. 

I hate having to put my BurqueLove in my back pocket for another year+, esp. after one of the season's definitive scenes taking place in the foothills above the city's lights where so many dramatic episodes of my own life have unfolded. I'm going to count the stars now.....

Only show I watch religiously on network TV and I miss it tonight.  Thank god the Encore its starting right now.  Phew.

Why was the show's title written on the place they were going to blast?

I understand the titles meaning in terms of Werner but I did not understand why it was written on the rocks by I assume the workers..
It's German for "buh-bye" or some salutation. I took it it as the rock was going "bye-bye."  

It's German for "buh-bye" or some salutation. I took it it as the rock was going "bye-bye."  
The title of the episode and what was written on the rock at time 18:37 is Wiedersehen which translates to "until our reunion".

"until reunion" is clearly talking about Werner and his wife but I was unsure why it was on the rock itself,

The title of the episode and what was written on the rock at time 18:37 is Wiedersehen which translates to "until our reunion".

"until reunion" is clearly talking about Werner and his wife but I was unsure why it was on the rock itself,
My mom, who speaks German, used to say this term as a good-bye type salutation. I likened it to "Asta la vista" or "Sayonara" (sp?) or something like that.  I could very well be wrong here, though. 

Auf Wiedersehen is goodbye. Goodbye rock. And foreshadowing... goodbye Werner.

That was fine. I mean I enjoyed watching it, but it was pretty much exactly what everyone thought it would be.  Again, my main hope for he final season is a lot of Gene because I don’t see much mystery left anywhere else.

That was fine. I mean I enjoyed watching it, but it was pretty much exactly what everyone thought it would be.  Again, my main hope for he final season is a lot of Gene because I don’t see much mystery left anywhere else.
100% LALO!

That speach to the shoplifter girl wasn't to her. It was to himself. He's made the turn. He broke bad. Watch out, Albuquerque. 
Not letting some girl get a scholarship is what made him jump off the cliff?  It seems like he survived multiple other incidents that were much worse. 

kim's eyebrows are whack.

pretty meh episode for me.  except for mike and lalo

and whytf would fring show Gayle(sp) the hole in the ground.  seems way out of character.

Jimmy not even noticing Kim's reaction to his con job was telling as well.  It was written all over her face, yet he was in Slippin' Jimmy mode and didn't even notice. 

Not that we didn't know it already, but Chuck always had Jimmy pegged for what he was, is and will always be. 

I guess what really surprised me about Kim's reaction to finding out Jimmy was scamming the board is: he used his dead brother's grave as a prop to get this whole thing started with the "customers". The fake tears and flowers and the whole thing. She saw the absolute depravity of his act from the very beginning, how could she not see that the final speech was just as much a scam?
I get that. OTOH, she asked him at the cemetery if he was ok and his reply was a bit toned down/sarcastic, which may have fed her perception/(hope?) that Jimmy just internalizes pain, and the floodgates will open eventually. At a minimum, it showed she still believes it did cause him pain. His reaction in the hallway after the hearing, calling the panel suckers and bragging about the conquest didn't leave much to doubt... he really and truly does not care at all.

kim's eyebrows are whack.

pretty meh episode for me.  except for mike and lalo

and whytf would fring show Gayle(sp) the hole in the ground.  seems way out of character.
Gayle needs to order the equipment for the lab.   Makes sense for him to know what he's working with.

No one does opening vignettes like Vince Gilligan. This one was one of the best, though the ep wasnt as wikkid as i hoped. 
I think at points this year the vignettes and other stylistic choices have been more self indulgent than interesting. In past seasons I enjoyed that kind of thing a bit more, this season, for whatever reason, it seemed like it took them a long time via a lot of lingering interludes and directorial choices to say not a whole lot.

Not letting some girl get a scholarship is what made him jump off the cliff?  It seems like he survived multiple other incidents that were much worse. 
It reenforced his inner cynicism. It broke the last lingering straw inside of him that he can can prove everyone wrong and be a great Jimmy McGill, Attonery at Law. It showed him what he always feared. The world has already judged and sentenced him to be Slippin Jimmy. His only choice now is to embrace it and use at as a strength instead of a weakness. 

I, for one, would have loved to have seen a scene were Jimmy commits arson, torches the Albuquerque courthouse, then runs in to save a judge and carry her out in his arms, Bodyguard-style. 
*boom* and I-I-I-EE-I-I-I will always con yoooou-ooeeooeeooeeoo, i'm Slippin Jimmayee-ee-ee-yeah and I'll always con you-oo-oo!

Have they said there’s only one more season?
No they haven’t said. Some interviews with somebody high up on the show (not Gilligan,, but I forget who) said they are closer to the end than the beginning and they are having those discussions with amc.

No way they end it next year imo. I would guess 6 seasons. 

Users who are viewing this thread