Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul***

On 11/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, TheIronSheik said:

After seeing how old Mike looked in the BB movie, they better hurry up and end this thing or they're going to have to use that James Dean technology to finish the show.

Just renewed for one more, "sixth and final" season, presumably to air in 2021.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I'll believe that when I see it.

Let's hope Mike Ehrmantraut (Jonathan Banks) lives long enough in real life to finish the series.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Let's hope Mike Ehrmantraut (Jonathan Banks) lives long enough in real life to finish the series.

He'll be "Carrie Fisher'd" in most likely.  

Nacho is one of my favorite characters.  But he's almost certainly getting offed, right?  Especially after that one BB scene where he's kidnapped by Walt and Jessie and one of the things he says while pleading with them is "Is this about Nacho?"  I keep going back to that.  I guess it's possible he helps Nacho disappear or something.  

Is Jonathan Banks sick or something?  I know he's getting up there but is there a real risk of him dying?  

I'm sad Tyrus and Victor can't die in this.  I hate those two guys.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

Nacho is one of my favorite characters.  But he's almost certainly getting offed, right?  Especially after that one BB scene where he's kidnapped by Walt and Jessie and one of the things he says while pleading with them is "Is this about Nacho?"  I keep going back to that.  I guess it's possible he helps Nacho disappear or something.  

Is Jonathan Banks sick or something?  I know he's getting up there but is there a real risk of him dying?  

Yeah, Nacho's great.  Banks isn't sick. Not that I know of.  But he's old.  And it's starting to show.  Considering this is a prequel, it's weird seeing an Elderly Mike when we know in a "couple of years" he's only going to look like an Old Mike. 

20 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

You can always rewatch Breaking Bad again. 😛 

Went back and re-watched season 1. Episode 9 has the scene when Mike gets hired by the doofus who is selling stolen pharmaceuticals to Nacho. Such a great moment when he takes the gun from faux tough guy.

• Like 1

I can't say I am overly excited about the show anymore, but I am in for the duration.  To avoid having to endure commercials, I will probably start this about 20 minutes after the hour so I will catch up just as it is ending. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Show still has a good edge of tension to it. 

I agree for the most part. The exception was the scene between Gus and Mike. Since we all know that nothing was really going to come from it, nothing dramatic or permanent, it just seemed to drag on.

wait, was there a new episode?

45 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

Yes.  It started last night and the second one airs tonight. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaysus said:

2 hours ago, psychobillies said:

Yes.  It started last night and the second one airs tonight. 

Ep 1 will be replayed @ 7:45 tonite, before Ep 2 @ 9

UPDATE: I am a fan of the Lalo character. 

• Like 1

Still my favorite show by far.

Just to get this right, the episode ended after Kim conned the couple into taking the plea deal and she walked up into the stairwell?  It was so abrupt it felt like the stream was cut off.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Just to get this right, the episode ended after Kim conned the couple into taking the plea deal and she walked up into the stairwell?  It was so abrupt it felt like the stream was cut off.

IIRC, stairwells were Kim's designated anxiety-attack HQs when she was @ HHM

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, tonydead said:

She seems to spend an inordinate amount of time hanging in stairwells and parking garages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

IIRC, stairwells were Kim's designated anxiety-attack HQs when she was @ HHM

And smoking in the parking garage.

• Like 2

It was interesting to find out that Saul had kept Huell out of jail when he was facing 4, no 6, no 8, no 25 years in prison.  Solid lawyering.  I would be impressed were I a potential client.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

2 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

It was interesting to find out that Saul had kept Huell out of jail when he was facing 4, no 6, no 8, no 25 years in prison.  Solid lawyering.  I would be impressed were I a potential client.

Huell was looking rather svelte compared to his BB days.

• Like 2

I want more black and white future Saul. If the final season isn’t like 50% future Saul, I’ll be upset. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I want more black and white future Saul. If the final season isn’t like 50% future Saul, I’ll be upset. 

Man no kidding. Sheesh that was good. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jaysus said:

UPDATE: I am a fan of the Lalo character. 

Same.  His cocksure nature definitely brings some laughs.  

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Huell was looking rather svelte compared to his BB days.

I am waiting to see if Huell actually does some prison time at the end of the series to explain he wasn't around when we first saw Saul in BB (I believe we first see him early in Season 4). 

Given that Krazy-8 eventually becomes a snitch, we could see Hank and Gomez soon as they flip him (or attempt to). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Given that Krazy-8 eventually becomes a snitch, we could see Hank and Gomez soon as they flip him (or attempt to). 

I forgot he was a snitch. Way too much to remember but that’s awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Capella said:

I forgot he was a snitch. Way too much to remember but that’s awesome. 

IIRC, we didn't know it till Hank mentioned it to Walt when he was telling him about how someone raided his school equipment room after that mask was found near the site of Walt and Jesse's first cook.   Hank of course had no idea at that point that Walt was cooking meth. 

7 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

IIRC, we didn't know it till Hank mentioned it to Walt when he was telling him about how someone raided his school equipment room after that mask was found near the site of Walt and Jesse's first cook.   Hank of course had no idea at that point that Walt was cooking meth. 

When hank and steve visit the cook site where krazy-8’s car was abandoned. One of them comments that someone may have killed their snitch.  

I love the show, I really do but I’ve never seen a show where so little happens every week. I enjoy it because I enjoy the characters and world, but I don’t need like a 6 minute montage of two junkies yelling “50% off heh heh”’ over and over.  Even the scene with Kim and Jimmy looking at the house was like twice as long as was needed. 

Edited by bigmarc27
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I love the show, I really do but I’ve never seen a show where so little happens every week. I enjoy it because I enjoy the characters and world, but I don’t need like a 6 minute montage of two junkies yelling “50% off heh heh”’ over and over.  Even the scene with Kim and Jimmy looking at the house was like twice as long as was needed. 

I loved the house scene. Kim clearly wants out but Jimmy seduced her in the end with his view of their life together.  Next episode she will, of course, hate herself for falling into his trap.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I loved the house scene. Kim clearly wants out but Jimmy seduced her in the end with his view of their life together.  Next episode she will, of course, hate herself for falling into his trap.

Yeah I get it, but we already had that scene with her not wanting to lie to her client and then doing so to get her way.  Then she hated herself early on in this episode. That’s been shown like 20x in this series. I get it, she just can’t quit that stupid sexy Bob Odenkirk. Like I said, I enjoy the show and love the acting and characters, but there’s a ton of fluff. 

Edited by bigmarc27
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, TheIronSheik said:

He'll be "Carrie Fisher'd" in most likely.  

Nah....they'll do this old "Mike's away on a Special Mission for Gus.....in the meantime here's "Jack" to handle all of Mikes duties" move that TV shows used to do. 

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

I love the show, I really do but I’ve never seen a show where so little happens every week. I enjoy it because I enjoy the characters and world, but I don’t need like a 6 minute montage of two junkies yelling “50% off heh heh”’ over and over.  

The montages are pretty much one of my favorite things about the show, and that one was among the best. 

9 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Lalo has other plans for him, right.  He also wants to cut off Gus's dineros.  When Nacho asked Lalo if he wanted him to kill Krazy-8, Lalo mentioned he had other plans for him.  Maybe Lalo wants him to snitch on Gus... maybe they need Saul to relay that message?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Loved the reappearance of Howard.

Me to!  I would love it even more if that was the last time we see him.  I mean, I love the character and all, but I really loved how Saul big-timed him like that. 

3 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

Me to!  I would love it even more if that was the last time we see him.  I mean, I love the character and all, but I really loved how Saul big-timed him like that. 

I didn’t get that he was big timing him, I thought he was embarrassed. While Saul is fine with the direction his career has taken, Howard still reminds him of a Chuck and Jimmy’s desire to be a “real” lawyer. 

2 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

Nah....they'll do this old "Mike's away on a Special Mission for Gus.....in the meantime here's "Jack" to handle all of Mikes duties" move that TV shows used to do. 

dont think we have to worry too much about Mike (Banks) - he showed much better base when he punched the German than DeNiro did in Irishman & theyre about the same age

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

dont think we have to worry too much about Mike (Banks) - he showed much better base when he punched the German than DeNiro did in Irishman & theyre about the same age

I immediately thought of that scene from the Irishman too and how much better Mike looked :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wikkidpissah said:

I thought I read they filmed seasons 5 and 6 together anyhow, although I could be conflating that with another series. 

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

How many episodes left?   Not much happened in those first 2

10. nothing ever happens in SaulWorld. Albuquerque is either Hell or Purgatory - your choice.

31 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

10. nothing ever happens in SaulWorld. Albuquerque is either Hell or Purgatory - your choice.

10 left?  that gives me some hope.  my fear was that it was only 8 total.

i'll never live in the desert again.  2 years, was 2 too many.

8 left

the high desert is my home, my dream, my love and has as much in common with the low desert as Kentucky hollers